Sarina Maxine

By hanaripinku

Tyler Hanson is the top detective of Greenwaters, Illinois. His priority is to find his brother who was kidna... More

Sarina (Chapter 1)
Tyler (Chapter 2)
Sarina (Chapter 3)
Tyler (Chapter 4)
Sarina (Chapter 5)
Tyler (Chapter 6)
Sarina (Chapter 7)
Tyler (Chapter 8)
Javier (Chapter 9)
Sarina (Chapter 10)
Tyler (Chapter 11)
Grace (Chapter 12)
Sarina (Chapter 13)
Tyler (Chapter 14)
Sarina (Chapter 15)
Grace (Chapter 16)
Tyler (Chapter 17) πŸ”ž
Javier (Chapter 18)
Tyler (Chapter 19)
Josh (Chapter 20)
[Name] (Chapter 21)
Sarina (Chapter 22)
Tyler (Chapter 23)
Sarina (Chapter 24)
Character Introduction (Sarina Maxine)
Tyler (Chapter 25)
Josh (Chapter 26)
Javier (Chapter 27)
Andy (Chapter 28)
Sarina (Chapter 29)
Character Introduction (Tyler Hanson)
Tyler (Chapter 30)
Andy (Chapter 31)
Grace (Chapter 32)
Josh (Chapter 33)
Sarina (Chapter 34)
Javier (Chapter 35)
Character Introduction (Javier Hernandez)
Sarina (Chapter 36)
Tyler (Chapter 37)πŸŽƒ
Sarina (Chapter 38)
Javier (Chapter 39)
Josh (Chapter 40)πŸ”ž
Tyler (Chapter 41)
Sarina (Chapter 42)
Character Introduction (Josh Weiß)
Andy (Chapter 43)
Josh (Chapter 44)
Javier (Chapter 45)
Sarina (Chapter 46)πŸ”ž
Tyler (Chapter 47)
Grace (Chapter 48)
Sarina (Chapter 49)
Tyler (Chapter 50)πŸ”ž
Sarina (Chapter 51)
Tyler (Chapter 52)πŸ”ž
Josh (Chapter 53)πŸ”ž
Character Introduction (Grace Campbell)
Javier (Chapter 54)
Grace (Chapter 55)
Josh (Chapter 56)
Sarina (Chapter 57)
Tyler (Chapter 58)
Andy (Chapter 59)πŸ”ž
Tyler(Chapter 60)πŸ”ž
Josh (Chapter 61)
Javier (Chapter 62)
Character Introduction (Fadila "Remmy" Haddad)
Character Introduction (Dyon Miles)
Sarina (Chapter 63)
Tyler (Chapter 64)
Javier (Chapter 65)
Sarina (Chapter 66)
Josh (Chapter 67)
Tyler (Chapter 68)
Sarina (Chapter 69)πŸŽ„
Andy (Chapter 70)
Javier (Chapter 71)
Tyler (Chapter 72)
Sarina (Chapter 73)
Tyler (Chapter 74)
Andy (Chapter 75)
Josh (Chapter 76)
Sarina (Chapter 78)
Tyler (Chapter 79)
Andy (Chapter 80)
Thank you!

Tyler (Chapter 77)πŸ”ž

35 2 0
By hanaripinku

🔞Warning! This chapter involves a serious car accident and blood that may be a trigger for some.🔞

Enjoy~

Before my eyes I watched my best friend fall and there wasn't anything I could do to save him. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally heard his car crash onto the street below. I stood there for a moment, frozen. My brain was trying to process what had just happened. I forced myself to my radio, calling out his name.

"Josh? Josh answer me."

Nothing.

"Josh!"

Silence.

My heart was racing out of fear. He needs help. I quickly spoke to any nearby officers, requesting emergency personnel to his aid. I started to head down myself but my eyes caught the guy who did this to him.

My blood was boiling. I turned my car off and stepped out. My hand took hold of my gun as I walked toward his car. I knew he had a chance to run me over but I didn't care.

I aimed my gun directly at him, he wasn't fazed by it.

I fired. Direct hit at his front windshield. I kept on firing, even while he was coming right at me. I didn't move out the way. The windshield finally gave in, shattering on him. The car came closer and closer. Once my gun went empty, I calmly reloaded and fired more rounds. He had a choice, either to hit me or to move out of the way. With only a few feet quickly closing in, the car swerved around me. Eye contact only broke when he passed me. I quickly turned around to keep firing until my gun went empty.

I didn't get him.

That wasn't my goal but it would have been a bonus. My goal was to let him and Cosen know, I'm not afraid. They now know who they messed with.

If you hurt my family, I will come after you.

My mind snapped back to reality.

"Josh!"

I ran back to my car, reversing all the way back to the exit ramp. I sped up until I spotted Josh's car. There was a bit of smoke. Once it cleared I could see the car landed in the worst possible position, upside down. It looked like a soda can. The top was completely smashed in. I froze. There's no way someone could survive that.

I wasn't scared of Cosen but this in front of me was terrifying.

I willed myself to move. I jumped out of the car, running to Josh's side, calling out to him but of course he didn't answer. I moved over to the passenger side. It wasn't as smashed in as badly as the driver's side. I could see him. The window was broken so I crawled in on my stomach toward him. He was still in his seatbelt. I reached for my knife to cut him out and then I carefully dragged him out the window. Glass was cutting me all over but that didn't stop me. The physical pain I was feeling was no match for how I would feel if he wasn't okay.

I dragged Josh a safe distance away.

I'm experienced in first aid and other emergency procedures but for some reason, I just froze. His face was covered in blood, scratched all over from the shattered glass. I looked where most of the bleeding was coming from, his head.

"Shit! Come on Josh, please be okay. Wake up", I begged.

I ripped off my sleeve to cover up the bleeding as I applied pressure. My other hand reached for my radio. Blood was soaking through to my hand quickly.

"Where the hell are the paramedics?! Get over here now", I shouted.

I didn't have to wait too long before I heard a helicopter coming in for a landing. The paramedics ran over, carefully hooking up Josh to equipment before placing him on a stretcher and loading him up inside.

I didn't go with them, I couldn't.

I couldn't bear the worst, I don't want to hear it. I just stood there, staring at the helicopter my best friend was in, my brother, until I could no longer see them.

~

The sun was starting to set. I was still at the scene just sitting in the middle of the road while officers and agencies went on with their work. People came up to me to see if I was okay but I ignored them. Eventually, no one bothered to say anything to me.

"Officer Hanson."

I stayed quiet.

"Are you planning to sit there all night? Temperatures are going to fall, you'll get nasty frostbite."

It was my captain, captain Bells.

It's not like me to not reply to him, nothing personal but right now, I don't know what to say.

"It would be bad if that would happen to you. Also, I'm sure Josh doesn't want you sitting out here."

"I'm better off out here, I don't care what happens to me", I finally said, quietly.

"I beg to differ. I just got word Josh is out of the operating room. The first surgery was a success. They stopped the brain bleed and relieved pressure as well. He is in the intensive care unit right now, waiting for the anesthesia to wear off. Their concern right now is if there was any mental damage and if he's paralyzed. He has some issues with the lower part of his spine. They will conduct surgery once they see what they are dealing with. For now, it's a waiting game."

I want to say this is all good news but the negative side of me is saying anything can happen. He's not out of the woods yet. I'm still scared to see him.

"I'm sorry sir, I will do my report soon. I just..."

"It was one of Cosen's men wasn't it?"

I looked up at him.

"Yeah. One of their underbosses."

"What's his name?"

"Daniel Suarez."

"Ah, Daniel Suarez. In charge of drug selling and distribution."

"How do you know that? We didn't even know about him until now."

"I've been doing a bit on the side myself. I have more to add from our meeting about Cosen. After thinking over our last meeting, you four have the right idea about branching off. The other officers, higher ranking than me, have all talked about Cosen in a positive light."

"What?!"

"I'm not surprised actually. I've always been suspicious of them. They've gotten away with so many things without any punishment. Power has gotten to their heads. I've managed to convince them that I was interested in their partnership with Cosen. This is a dangerous move on my part but you guys need an insider."

I stood up.

"But sir, we don't want you to risk your life for--"

He held up his hand.

"I'm an old man Tyler. I haven't moved up in the ranks not because I wasn't offered but because I enjoy working with officers like you. It wasn't about rank, that means nothing to me. Now things have gotten exciting. I haven't been on a case like this in years. This is something that will negatively impact our state as well as our country. If there has to be sacrifices then so be it. Don't worry about Josh, he won't be one of them. Cosen won't last for long, you all will be the ones to take them down."

The captain turned around.

"They will pick at those you love most Tyler. That means they are closing in, don't let it get to you. What happened today will only make you all stronger."

After that was said he left.

Today has made me stronger. The fear I had for facing the killer of my parents is slowly fading. I'm ready to face him and take him down more than ever. What hasn't changed was my fear of losing those who I cherish most. Cosen has decided to go that route, picking off my people, one by one. Now that I know their game, I can take action.

It will help distract me for now. As for Josh, he'll have to wait for me. I want to see him with my own eyes to make sure he's okay but the fear is too much.

He'll just have to wait. I know he understands. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.2K 47
-COMPLETED- Elianna Payne. Your not-so-average 17 year old. Living a normal life. She is a shy but bubbly girl. She loves the outdoors, adventures. W...
16.5K 1.1K 112
She's to die for... When the Taylors move to Wheeler Falls, the seaside town is infatuated, and the Taylors are smitten. The Dodgers family embra...
2.7K 78 39
Jessica Gray has had a good high school experience. Now it's her senior year with her twin brother Reece Gray. She wants this year to be like the res...
3.7K 167 35
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...