Shattered | karlnap

By aria4k

This is Karlnap high school au, made by me! This is your trigger warning. A LOT of angst. I will try to rem... More

1. Mystery Boy
2. Late Night Football
3. Wrong
5. Miami
6. Prom?
7. Miss You
8. A Night To Remember
9. Selfish or Selfess?
10. Arcade
11. This is Where Things Got Messy
12. Ilysm
13. Is it My Fault?
14. What Really Happened

4. Pier

263 6 20
By aria4k

It was the next morning.
Karl was awake. Admiring sapnap sleeping face, "he looks like he's a peace" Karl muttered to himself. "Do I?" Sapnap said waking up.

Karl's pov:
Shit he heard me. Karl's face now turning red.
"You look a tomato" sapnap said jokingly.

Karl blushed. "So, how did you sleep?"
"I slept better because it was with you" Sapnap said, making Karl blush again.

"You're a flirt." Karl said laughing. "Am I?" Sapnap said now leaning in to wrap his arms around Karl.

Karl enjoyed when sapnap hugged him. It made him feel safe. "So, how are you feeling after last night?" Karl asked with a genuine tone.

Sapnaps pov:
"I have a massive headache."
"It's probably the hangover. You were pretty wasted last night." Karl said.
"Was I?" I replied jokingly.

It went silent for a minute.
"Sap?" Karl asked.
"Yeah Karl?"
"I need to tell you something."
"What is it?"
"I- I think I like you."
"Well duh, everybody lik-"
"No, I mean, I like, like you. More than just friends.."

Silence filled the room again.
Why did he say that. It's just gonna make it harder when I leave..
"Sap? Did I say something wrong?"
"No, of course not. I like you to Karl, more than friends." He said trying not to make eye contact.

Fast forward to evening.
They stayed at Karl's all day, playing video games and watching movies. And I get a text from Dream.
Dream
Hey sap! How are you feeling?

Hi dream. And I'm good. Thanks for checking up on me:)

Ofc bud, I'll always check up on you<3
Anyways, do you maybe wanna come over tonight? We can just chill. Just the two of us, like old times? I miss you sap:)

That would mean I have to leave Karl, and I didn't want to. But I haven't hung out with Dream one on one in a long time. So maybe it would be fun.

Yeah, ofc. I'll come in a bit

Alright, see you then.

"So, Dream wants to me to go over." "Oh alright, do you want me to come?" Karl asks. "He actually wanted it to just be us. Said we haven't had one on one hangouts in a while. But I can ask if you want?!" "Oh, no, it's fine. I get you all to myself most of the time anyways."

Sapnap now walking to Dreams.
It looked peaceful. The sky was filled with pretty shades of orange, pink and red.

No one's pov:
He arrived at Dreams house. And Dream greeted him with a hug. "Hey sap, come on in"
Dreams house was big, he basically lived in a mansion.

The two spent the whole night playing video games and watching movies. Eventually they got tired. "I'm gonna head to bed now." Dream said. "Me to." Sapnap replied.

It was an hour later and Sapnap was still awake. He looked over and Dream was sleeping. Until he noticed Dreams phone was going off.

He got up looked at the phone, it was Instagram notifications. But it wasn't notifications from his Instagram account, it was from some fake account.

He unlocked dreams phone, because he knew the password. He clicked on the account. And it was an anonymous account.

"Why does Dream have an anonymous account." He mumbled to himself. He then went to the feed, and it was only Karl's posts. Was Karl the only account he'd been following?

Sapnap clicked on the messages and seen the message that Karl described to him.
What the fuck, he thought to himself.

I'll confront him about it tomorrow. He thought to himself, he was confused.
Trying not to think about it, he went to sleep.

Time skip.

It was the next day. & They were both up, eating breakfast. "Soo, Sapnap?" "Hmm?" Sapnap said with a questioning look. "Do you have anyone in mind for prom?" Sapnap had forgotten all about prom. "When is it?" Sapnap asked. "Dude, it's in two weeks?! This is literally all we thought about since freshman year!" Dream said laughing.

Sapnaps pov:
"I probably won't go." Sapnap said sighing. "No, there's no way you're backing out of this now. You're going. End of discussion." "I don't even have anything to wear. Or anyone to go with." "You can borrow a suit from me. I have plenty." "Are you forgetting that you tower over me?" Sapnap said laughing. "Well I can get you a suit then."

Sapnap thought to himself for a moment. "I still don't have anyone to go with." "Neither do I, but we still both have to go!" Dream demanded.

Dream started smirking to himself.
"What?" Sapnap asked. "It's nothing" Dream replied still smirking. "No, c'mon, tell me" "Sapnap, I'm not dumb, I see the way you look at Karl. The way you blush every time he's brought up, why don't you ask him?"

Sapnap remembered the night before and the messages he seen. Why was Dream convincing me, that I  liked Karl. If he's the one that sent that hateful message. It was probably just a harmless joke. Sapnap thought, & tried to forget about it.

Sapnap suddenly got a text. It was from Karl
Hey sap, I was gonna go to the pier today, and was wondering if you'd like to come?

"Wanna come to the pier with Karl and I?" Sapnap asked Dream.

"Uh, are you sure?"
"Yeah totally, it'll be fun. We can take our skateboards. And skate around"
"Uh, sure, sounds fun!" Dream said.

Yeah, sure. Can Dream come?

Yeah, of course!

Karl's pov:
I'm gonna take my skateboard. I wonder if Sapnap will bring his. I started to get ready.
Crap, I didn't even tell Sapnap a time. I'll quickly call him.

He rings Sapnap
"C'mon sap, pick up the phone" Karl said to himself.

On the 6th ring, the phone answered.
"Hey sap!"
He didn't get an answer. But instead he heard voices. Which sounded like Dream and Sapnap.
"What time are we going?" Dream asked Sapnap.
"I'm not sure, Karl didn't even tell me."
"Wait, why did you want me to come?" Dream asked Sapnap.
"It was Karl the one that asked me to bring you."
Karl heard that, knowing he didn't ask.

Did Sapnap not wanna be alone with Karl.
Karl hung up, and started to overthink.  Why did Sapnap lie? I didn't ask for Dream to come. I mean, I don't mind if he comes. But I didn't ask Sapnap if he could.

Suddenly he got a text.
Hey, what time did you wanna go?

Uh, I'm ready now, if you are?

Yeah, we'll meet you there, also we're bringing our skateboards. You should to:)

Okay, yeah. I was already gonna anyways lol

Karl still wondering why Sapnap lied. Decided to just forget about it, and headed out the door.

They all arrived at the pier and headed towards the end where they were other people sitting. They were drinking.

Sapnaps pov:
I can smell the liquor, I can't help but wish for it, just a tiny drop.
"Let's go skate around" Dream said poking Sapnap. "Uh, actually I just wanna sit here for abit, but you guys can go." Dream looked at Karl. "Wanna?" "Yeah sure, if you need us Sapnap, we'll be over there"

Sapnap nodded and off the two went.
Maybe if I befriend them, they'll share their alcohol with me. He thought to himself. 
"Do you guys mind if I get a shot?" Sapnap asked the group of teens.
"Sure dude." One of the girls said. "Have a seat." One of the other guys said.

So Sapnap sat. And they passed him the bottle. Taking a long shot. They all starred at him in dis belief before laughing. "Woah, that's a big shot" one of the guys said handing sapnap a beer.

Sapnap shrugged and opened the can of beer.
5 beers later, Dream and Karl came back.
"Sap?" Karl said. "What are you doing?" Dream said grabbing the can out of Sapnaps hands.
"Oh come on, give it back!" Sapnap said pushing Dream. "What the fuck Sapnap. Why are you acting like this?" "Oh come on Dream, stop acting like you're so much better than me. I know you're the one that sent Karl that fucking text."

Karl looked shocked. Not knowing what to say. "And you." Sapnap said to Karl before pausing. "What about me?" Karl asked. "Forget it." Sapnap replied. The group of teens now started to walk away.

"Look what you guys did. Now they're leaving, thanks a lot. I can never have a little bit of fun without anyone ruining it."

Sapnap reached to Dreams hand, trying to get the beer. Dream then pushed Sapnap away, "I'm not giving you this back" Dream said, spilling out the beer. "What the fuck is the matter with you?!" Sapnap pushed him. "You have to fucking ruin everything, don't you, just like how you sent Karl that message because you're jealous that I don't hang out with you anymore." "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about." Dream replied in an angry tone.
"Oh come on Dream, I seen your phone last night."
"You were snooping on my phone?"
"It was going off so I checked it out. But you seriously can't be mad at me."
"Sapnap, you're drunk. So you're just saying random things."

Sapnap was now mad, and then he pushed Dream. Dream pushing him back. "Yo, what the fuck are you guys doing." Karl said standing in between them, pushing them away from each other.

Sapnap tried to hit Dream but Karl shielded him, and got hit instead.

Sapnap shocked. "I'm so sorry, Karl. I didn't mean to." "It's okay sap. Just stop it tho"

Dream started walking away. Sapnap chasing him. "What is your problem?!" Dream shouted at him." "What is my problem, what is yours? You tried to ruin whatever me and Karl had going, you said it yourself. I like him."

Dream stayed quiet before finally saying. "Because Sapnap, I got jealous okay." "Of what?" Sapnap said demandingly. "Karl! He moves into town. And you're immediately obsessed with him. You stopped hanging out with me. You got distant with us. I just didn't wanna lose you as a friend"

"Really. Well great going. Because you just lost me. You're supposed to be happy for me, not jealous. You know how fucked up my life is and you know how much I go through. Why would you try ruin something that made me happy, just because I stopped hanging out with you as much."

Karl stood awkwardly beside Sapnap.

"I'm sorry" Dream says with tears rolling down his cheeks.
Sapnap started walking towards the end of the pier again. He sat down.

No one's pov:
"Go talk to him" Karl said to Dream. "He hates me now." "He doesn't hate you. He's just upset. Now go talk to him."
"Karl?" "Yeah?" "I am so fucking sorry. I shouldn't have sent you that message, or called you that word. I'm a terrible person. But I didn't mean it. I was just mad." "Dude, it's fine. Don't even worry about it, I'm glad you apologized." Karl said.

Dream walks over to Sapnap. "Can we talk."
"No, go away." Sapnap said crying.

Dream sat beside Sapnap and started hugging him.

"Why? Why did you do it. He makes me happy. And you almost ruined that for me." Sapnap said.
"I- because I'm a terrible person. And I was just jealous. And if I could take it all back, I would in a heartbeat. I see how happy Karl makes you now. And I'm happy for you." Dream said hugging Sapnap still. "Well I can't forgive you." Sapnap said.

Dream started to cry more. "Sap, I'm sorry. Please. Don't do this. Please. I love you. More than just a friend. I've been in love with you since 8th grade. Don't do this to me! You can't. Please sap, don't leave me" Dream said crying hysterically.

Sapnap shocked. He stood up. And walked towards Karl. "Let's go." "Sap? We can't just leave him here." "Karl, I said let's go."

Karl not wanting to fight, agreed. And they walked away.

words- 2044
* Ik this chapter was a bit longer, but I hope you guys enjoy it. ps. I'm already working on chapter 5, and I think it will be a good one. *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 342 40
Hello, hello! These are some random oneshot ideas I got! They will be Dnf and Karlnap (like the title indicates), all ranging from lime, to fluff an...
133K 5.5K 36
Boyfriends of 3 months, George begins to realise how little he truly knows about Dreams past. He is desperate to find out what was so bad that happen...
184 0 11
*Fandom* Dnf *Ships* Dream x George Sapnap x Karl *AU* Real life / mine *Warning* If either of the guys are uncomfortable with this, it'll be taken d...
17.4K 705 20
Sapnap, a notoriously sullen computer science major, is attending North Carolina State University, along with his roommate and long-time internet fri...