Lost Heroes | Dreamnotfound ✔︎

By MoonlightKlay

[Completed] The world gives people their own destinies. Has some advantages and disadvantages. Two high schoo... More

𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙚𝙨
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 13

921 56 31
By MoonlightKlay

I look into my watch checking all the teams' places. It has been two and a half hours already and it was getting late. Somehow the other teams instantly knew that they were going in the wrong direction and went to our path which I thought was unfair but oh well.

I look into the leaderboard while Clay was leading the way. We were in first place with all eight flags while the second team had six. We were running out of time and we needed to get to camp in two hours. "Found it!" Clay said in a cocky tone holding up the ninth cyan flag.

I sigh turning off my watch as the hologram disappears, "Where's the clue?" I asked glaring at him as he pockets the flag. He shrugs frowning, "Aren't you going to praise me for my awesomeness?" He said his frown quickly disappearing turning into a smirk.

I scoff rolling my eyes, "You wish now where is it" I say pushing him slightly to the side and seeing the sign that had the clue.

The sign is in front of me with the letters in front, "Deep in the woods, two paths, behind the shadows and light. Is the answer" I read turning my gaze to Clay who had his nails against his closed mouth thinking deeply.

I take a deep breath in, "It says deep in the woods so we probably need to get going straight to the path. It is getting dark. It's better to finish this shit earlier so we can never talk again" I mumble taking a picture of the clue and start to walk through the forest.

I hear his footsteps catch up, "Never talk again? That is the biggest cap I have ever heard in my darling" he said in the most sarcastic way possible that both of us could hear. I turn my head to face him while my feet were still walking, "Seriously? You're flirting with me now? It's a waste" I say shrugging.

I see him smirk, "It's not a waste when it annoys you" He smiles speeding up his pace more than me. I could feel my eyes twitch annoyed and angry because of how good he was to get on my nerves like it was just a simple snap of the fingers.

I look up to the sky and see the sun starting to set and I could already see the sky getting dark and the moon was starting to pop up. The birds were already going to their homes and the bats were now flying through the sky.

The atmosphere was getting colder than usual and the breeze was getting slightly stronger. Animals were starting to go to their homes and the sky was getting plastered with different colors of the rainbow. I smile weakly when I saw two rabbits getting into their home inside the tree trunk.

"Fuck" I flinch when I hear Clay hiss under his breath. I look up to see him stop walking and so do I. I raise an eyebrow confused, "Why'd you stop?" I find myself asking him taking a step to the side. That was when I saw two paths going in different directions.

I also curse under my breath and sigh, "We should go to the left together. I think it's better-" I suggest but I already saw Clay making his way to the right path of the forest. I roll my eyes and jog over Clay snatching on his wrist.

I see him gasp lowly shoving his hand to his and glaring at me like he was in flames, "I'm taking this path. This path and this path only. If you're going to take that one" he says pointing at the left path, "Then go alone, I simply don't care. Because I work for my own good. I work for me and for me only" He hisses.

I scoff crossing my arms looking away laughing lowly in disbelief but it turns into a frown, "Seriously-? You know actually fine. I'll go there, I'd rather be alone anyway. Rather than be with your selfish self" I spat back at him slinging my bag to my shoulder.

I hear him groan kicking the rocks beneath our shoes, "Fine!" I hear him shout, "Take that one! Let's see who's actually right!" He says and I could already hear his footsteps getting faint for my hearing.

I sigh running my hands through my hair looking at the path of what Clay took rolling my eyes, "Useless, selfish bastard. He's hopeless" I mumble to myself turning on the watch again. I gaze at my screen carefully and see the white dot that was moving through the left path.

The left and right paths seemed to be longer than I expected probably will take about thirty minutes to get to the end. I curse under my breath, "I knew we shouldn't have split. Stupid idiot" I hiss looking at the leaderboard and already saw the second place having seven of their flags. Shit

I knew I had to get moving before everybody gets here. I still had a long way to go so I fastened my pace to walk. I look at the time and sigh. There were only three objectives now, one was to get the last flag, two was to get back to camp, and lastly win the game.

This should be easy, I thought wiping away the sweat on my forehead. "Yeah, easy. No pressure"

๑۞๑,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۩๑۩ ,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۞๑

The woods are dark now and the only sign of light that I had was my glowing blue hologram. I'm walking through the woods with my thick leather jacket around my waist. I could see the end of the left path on my hologram.

I just wanted to cheer out loud knowing I was about to be done but luckily I didn't forget that wild animal exist. When I arrived at the end of the path I look at my phone and look at the picture again. Behind the shadows and light, I repeat that over and over in my head.

I glance around me and see a hill that had vines against its walls. I tilt on my head going towards it to observe a little more. I could see small moonlight behind the vines however it was also dark. "Shadows and light" I mumble grinning and quickly jog over there.

Slowly, I push away the vines in front of me and was met with success. But it also wasn't what I suspected since there was only one flag that was gold. I don't care and quickly snatch the flag. I froze when I felt a warm hand against mine.

I blink as my eyes widen looking up in front of me to see Clay who was also astonished. He backed away, however, I didn't snatching the last flag placing it in my pocket glaring at him dumbfounded, "You followed me?!" I whispered yelled at him.

I watch him roll his eyes, "No? Why would I? I simply went to the right path, and here I am. The one you should accuse of following the other is yourself" he spat back as his hands slid to his pockets.

I roll my eyes, "Excuse you I did not" I tell him. He raises an eyebrow turning on his watch and looking at the map. He clicks on his tongue disabling the hologram, "This is stupid. Both paths led to the same ruth! Unbelievable" he said getting out of the small cave.

"We need to go back. We have the last flag now and it's ours" I say to him quickly getting out of the cave.

I hear him sigh exasperated turning on his watch again as the map hologram pops up. He observes it, "There's a shortcut that way. It's faster—will take about twenty minutes" He mumbles pointing behind the hill.

I look behind the hill and saw a sketchy path and it was filled with rocks, "Kinda sketchy if you ask me" I mutter glaring at him.

He rolls his eyes, "Stop being dramatic and let's go. The sooner we get this over with the better. You said that yourself" Clay murmurs and starts walking towards the shortcut.

I let out a long sigh as my shoulders almost fell to the ground but I follow him anyways. "If I die. I'm not letting you live—you're going down with me to hell. And if I fail I will hunt to your sleep until you go crazy" I pause, "Crazy that you will scream until death" I threaten him making him pause gulping.

He laughs with a hint of nervousness, "Okay... that's threatening" he chuckles turning on his flashlight as we walk.

As we are walking through the path I see Clay's flashlight turn to the left. He stumbled on his steps when he saw a deep cave that had a sign saying—

Warning! Do not go here for there will be consequences!

I blink a couple of times before chuckling backing away, "Okayy that's hella creepy. Uhm I suggest to get the fuck away from it and continue before-" I ramble but I cut myself off when I saw Clay getting rid of the sigh and push the gate to the cave open.

I look at him in disbelief when he looked at me, "If you're not going. I am. This shit looks cool" he says entering the cave.

I swallow stuttering, "I swear to God if anything bad happens to you! I'm not calling someone!" I yell at him and hear my voice echo.

"Then don't! Again! I. Don't. Care! You hear me?" He yells back to me.

I sneer looking at the time to see we still had one hour left. I sighed taking a step towards the cave and stepping on the sign that was taken down, "he's done for when I get there" I shrug taking a step in.

1688 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1K 32
Dreamnotfound highschool au NO SMUT Slowburner B) 25,796 words in total George is the quiet, bullied kid who has a rubbish life and abusive parents...
395K 7.4K 22
George and Dream once enemies from the starting of 1st grade all the way till there senior year in high school. Until they are parried up for a at h...
18.3K 412 34
Trigger Warnings || Smoking, Homophobia, Alcohol, Smut, Cutting mention || George attends a new high school because his parents say its more 'better'...
566K 25.6K 60
Two of the city's superheroes fight villians and protect the city whilst keeping their true identities a secret. They cannot even know the names of e...