The Secret Life of Malia Dall...

By simplicational

Malia Dallas has hid herself behind closed doors for three years trying to find a way to get rid of the guilt... More

The Secret Life of Malia Dallas
Chapter 1 - Chanter
Chapter 2 - Se Casser
Chapter 3 - S'amuser
Chapter 4 - Les Garçons
Chapter 5 - Feu D'artifice
Chapter 6 - Citations
Chapter 7 - L'hockey de la rue
Chapter 8 - Cuire
Chapter 9 - Avions
Chapter 10 - Mes Livres
Chapter 11 - Végétarien
Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour
Chapter 13 - Découvert
Chapter 14 - Pardonné
Chapter 15 - De Harry Potter
Chapter 16 - Réponses
Chapter 17 - NAFs
Chapter 18 - La Plage et Nouveaux Amis
Chapter 19 - Idées
Chapter 20 - Mi Familia
Chapter 21 - Voyager
Chapter 23 - Meilleurs Amis
Chapter 24 - Bibliothèque
Chapter 25 - L'hôpital
Chapter 26 - Librairies et Café
Chapter 27 - S'endormir
Chapter 28 - Insomnie
Chapter 29 - S'embrasser
Chapter 30 - S'évanouir
Chapter 31 - Gags et les coeurs brisés
Chapter 32 - Danser Sous La Pluie
Chapter 33 - Questions et Impressions
Chapter 34 - Gâteau
Chapter 35 - Anniversaires
Chapter 36 - La Farce D'ultime
Chapter 37 - Lo Incontro
Chapter 38 - Les Aveus et Les Histoires
Chapter 39 - Recuerdos
Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux
Chapter 41 - Avec Moi
Chapter 42 - Simplement en Regardant
Chapter 43 - Merci
Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses
Chapter 45: Surprendre
Chapter 46: Au Revoir
Chapter 47: My Little Secret
Chapter 48: Insostituibile
Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado
Chapter 50: Leugens
Chapter 51: Amigas
Chapter 52: Le Projet
Chapter 53: White
Chapter 54: Mort
Chapter 55: Normalite
Chapter 56: Coming Home
Chapter 57: 11 days
Chapter 58: Reunions
Chapter 59: Photonaf Diaries
Chapter 60: Omaha
Chapter 61: You're Mine
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 22 - Faire du Shopping

3.5K 55 20
By simplicational

Chapter 22: Faire du Shopping

Malia's POV

Today is our break day, and I couldn't be more grateful. I love my NAFIANs however two days in a row is extremely tiring. I woke up at 9:43am and that was an awesome feeling. Aaron and Cameron were asleep however Taylor was awake. I get up from my bed and walk over to his bed. I was planning on going out to the little strip area to check out the boutiques and do a little bit of shopping since I don't do it that often. I may have to buy a new suitcase.

Taylor moves over so I can sit next to him on the bed. Taylor was attractive, let's get that point across. However Taylor was more like my buddy. He was in the friend zone with me if he felt any affection towards me. I looked at what he was doing on his phone and of course he was on twitter. I rolled my eyes.

"Is that actually all you do on your phone?" I ask him.

"Yup pretty much," He says with a smirk. I lay my head on one of the pillows and look up at the ceiling while he goes back to scrolling through his timeline. Suddenly I rush to the bathroom. I need to make sure I didn't leak. I check, and thank the lord I didn't leak. This week has been going by slowly. My period usually lasts about 4-5 days so I am hoping that it stops today. I put in a new pad just in case and carefully wrap my old one and put it in the bottom of the trashcan and cover it up with other tissues and toilet paper. I don't want the guys to see it. I wash my hands and brush my teeth while I am in there. I take out my hair from the messy bun I had put it in the previous night. Since I am going out today maybe I can try and look nice. I wanted to feel pretty today. I brush through the tangles. I had already plugged in my curling iron so I started curling my hair. It took a while to curl my hair because I had a lot of it, but I managed. I walked out of the bathroom and went to my suitcase. I pulled out a black full midi skirt and a denim bustier with little white flowers on it. I went to the bathroom and changed into it. I then found my high heeled sandals. I applied a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara. I found a black floppy felt hat and put it on. I was going out and while I love my NAFIANs I would love a normal day. The guys were still asleep so I went back and sat down next to Taylor.

"You look nice," He says looking at my outfit.

"Thank you, I wanted to go explore the little thrift shops and boutiques down here," I said with a smile on my face.

"That's cool who's going with you?" He asks.

"Um, well I wasn't planning on bringing anyone with me but I don't care if some of you guys tag along, but I didn't think you guys would want to go 'shopping' with me," I say to him. He shrugs.

"Yeah I am not in the mood to 'shop' but Cameron wouldn't want you to go alone and knowing you I think that shopping wouldn't be any ordinary experience. One would learn a lot," He says with a laugh. I guess so, I am not much of a shopper. However I do love clothes. I check the time and it is 10:28am. Cameron still isn't up. I walk to the other guys' room. I open the door and Nash, Carter, Matt, and Aaron are all up. They looked up when I opened the door and smiled.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask as I walk in and sit down next to them.

"Not much, just woke up, but why do you look all dressed up because knowing you, you don't do this unless you are going somewhere," Matt says while rubbing his eyes from the sleep.

"I was going to go down into the small boutiques and thrift shops on this street," I said.

"Cool, who is going with you?" Carter asks.

"Why does everyone ask me that? I told Taylor my plans for today and he asked me the same question. Why does someone have to go with me?" I ask curiously. I wasn't mad just a little bit annoyed. I skateboard to Starbucks all the time in Orlando.

"Cameron is just really protective we naturally assumed he would want someone going with you," Aaron explains to me.

"I get that, but I got you guys Starbucks several times and I went for a walk, when I actually got groceries, all on my own," I say to them.

"Hey we don't make the rules, but maybe Cameron will let you go by yourself," Nash says holding his hands up.

"Maybe," I mutter into my knees as I tuck them into my chest. I get up and walk to Shawn and Jack and Jack's room. I open the door and Shawn is awake however the two Jacks are asleep. I walk over to Shawn.

"What's up?" I whisper as I sit next to him. He was lying down on his bed on his laptop.

"Not much just editing some stuff for my EP," He tells me.

"Oh, can I listen or is it off limits?" I ask excitedly.

"You can listen, but only because you're awesome," He says with a laugh.

"Oh I know," I say sarcastically as I take the headphones and put them on. He presses play and I hear his voice and there are actually like beats in the back.

"That is so cool, maybe someday I will release an EP, I am really proud of you, I know I haven't known you for very long, but you are younger than I am and you have come so far. I really am proud of you Shawn," I tell him. Shawn is like a baby brother to me. I love him so much. Even though he is the tallest I feel like he is the most vulnerable. He is so sweet and innocent.

"Thanks Mals," He says with a smile. The guys have started calling me Mals now because we are on that level now. I mean at first it was just Cameron but now any of the guys can say it. I know it is a weird thing to explain but I just liked the fact that they felt comfortable calling me a nickname.

"Why are you all dressed up?" He asks.

"I was planning on exploring the boutiques and thrifts shops along the street," I explain to him.

"Who is going with you?" He asks. There's that question again.

"I don't know yet, I don't want to make any of you guys go through the torture that is shopping with a girl, so I am hoping that Cameron lets me do this alone," I explain to him and he nods his head in understanding. I get up from where I was sitting next to Shawn and I walk back to my room to see if Cameron has woken up. I see he is just waking up. FINALLY.

"Hey Cam," I say as I rush to his bedside.

"Hey Mals, why are you so excited and all dressed up?" He asks still groggy.

"I was going to go and explore the small thrift shops and boutiques today," I explain nervously.

"Is anyone going with you?" He asks.

"Um, no I didn't want to force one of the guys to have to go with me," I explained to him. He looks at me.

"Okay you can go, but be back before 3:00pm," He tells me. My eyes light up and I wrap my arms around his neck giving him a hug.

"Thank you!" I shout. I walk over to my suitcase and pick up a Chanel purse that used to be my grandmother's and I put on my cat eye sunglasses. I put my wallet and phone in my purse. I say a goodbye to the guys and walk out the door. I skipped down the hallway to the elevator. I rode down and walked out into the lobby and went through the doors of the hotel. I was greeted with the sun. I smiled. I felt like a normal girl just walking down these streets doing some shopping. I don't know if it would be more fun to shop with someone but I don't have any girlfriends so I can't really. I have Lily and India but they live in Orlando. At least that is what I gathered. I start making my way down the streets and I look around. I see cupcake stores and little comic book stores. This was adorable. I saw an Anthropologie so I decided to head in. I didn't go to Anthropologie often but their stuff was so cool. I found a Garment-Dyed V-Neck in grey, and it was so soft. However it was $48. I could get something like this for $12 at Gap. Maybe they have a Gap around here. I continued to look for something that I couldn't get anywhere else with a reasonable price. I came up with nothing. I liked a lot of the stuff however while I could buy it all I didn't want to do that. I exited the shop and kept on walking. I spotted a Gap and walked in. Maybe I can actually buy something here. I find a baseball shirttail tee, a light blue shrunken sweatshirt, and a camouflage green military jacket. They weren't cheap but they were a lot cheaper than Anthropologie. I paid for them and I was handed a bag. I walked out of the store feeling like the coolest person in the world.

I stopped into a Chipotle and got a Sofritas burrito for lunch.

I made my way farther down the street looking into shops occasionally. I spotted a Topshop. I am surprised at how many big name stores they have here. I walk in and begin to look around. I don't get much because they aren't the cheapest people either. I buy a pretty lace trim crop top in black.

"Is that all for today madam?" The cashier asks.

"Yes thank you," I say as I pay her.

"Have a nice day," She says.

"You too," I say back and I walk out of the store. I now had two bags. Is it bad that I had always wanted to be that person with all these shopping bags walking down the street like they do in the movies? That always just looked like so much fun. While I understand that it would be heavy it would be cool to just walk down the streets like a movie star with all these bags. That is one of the reasons I like malls. I like just watching people walk by with a lot of shopping bags. I walk into a pacsun. I only shopped here online. I see a gorgeous Cameo Dannika Dress in white however it is $172. It was all white had short sleeves and ended about mid-thigh the front was low cut and then it went even lower but it looked sophisticated instead of slutty.

"Please don't be mad at me," I say to myself as I pick it up off the rack. I continue looking but I know that I can't get much more because this dress is killing me. I end up getting the dress and a Diamond Supply Co Diamond Pullover Hoodie. Well that was a lot of damage. The pacsun cashier hands me my bag and I gladly take it. I found an Urban Outfitters and I told myself that this would be my last store before I went home. I haven't been stopped by anyone and that makes me happy. It is nice to slip into the background again. I find a hometown heroes yin-yang tie-dye tee. It wasn't that bad. It was $29 and it should have been $5 but I bought it because I liked it. I exited the store and started my walk back. I had four bags.

"OH MY GOD!" I heard a scream and I almost dropped all of my stuff. I turned around and saw a little blonde girl standing there practically in tears. I walk over to her.

"Are you okay my dear?" I ask sweetly.

"You're-you're Malia Dallas," She stutters out.

"I am but how could you tell, I am wearing sunglasses and a hat and I wasn't facing you?" I ask her as I take off my sunglasses.

"Your hair, it is recognizable in my memory, and gorgeous," She tells me.

"Thank you, I love my hair, your hair is beautiful too," I tell her. She was shorter than me. She was probably 14 maybe 15. I was wearing heels so I was slightly taller than I normally was but she was still pretty short. Probably 4'9.

"Can I get a picture with you?" She asks.

"Of course daring, what's your name," I ask as I take a bunch of selfies with her.

"Alice," she says in between pictures.

"That is a beautiful name, did you want me to sign something for you?" I ask her. She nods her head then she frowns.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I don't have a sharpie or a pen," She says. I didn't either and I instantly felt bad.

"Here come with me, we will find one," I tell her as I grab her hand. I walk into a coffee shop because they write people's names on their drinks so I am sure they won't mind if I borrow it.

"Excuse me sir, could I borrow a sharpie really quickly?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"No," He says. I am a bit taken a back. However I try again.

"I just want to sign something for this beautiful girl, it will only take a second," I say to him.

"I'm sorry but no," He says to me. I step back from the counter. I look down at Alice and she looks so disappointed. I look around the coffee shop.

"Excuse me, sorry to disturb all of you but does anyone have a sharpie I could borrow I would love to sign something for this little girl however neither of us have a sharpie and coffee guy over here won't let us borrow one for no more than 15 seconds," I explain to the people in the coffee shop.

"I have one you can use," I see a woman in the back hold one up. I smile and walk over to her. She hands it to me.

"Thank you, I am sorry for the trouble," I tell her as I sign Alice's phone case and a few other belongings. I hand her back the sharpie.

"Its fine, I think it is really nice that you would go through all of that just to sign something of a fans," She tells me. I smile at her.

"Well I love the people who support me. These guys have given me my dream and I couldn't ask for more, so them asking for an autograph and a picture is the least I can do," I say to the lady as I hug Alice.

"I have to go back to my dad before he gets angry but thank you so much for everything Malia, you are truly one of the sweetest people I have ever met," She says and she turns and runs out of the coffee shop. I think I was just reincarnated. The words from that girl hit me hard. Hearing those words made my heart melt. This feeling that I can make people smile and I can make people happy is amazing. Simplication.

"I don't know who you are, but if you are a celebrity you are one of the nicest celebrities I have ever met. While I haven't met many, most of them don't seem that nice," The lady who gave me the sharpie said to me pulling me out of my trance. I gesture to the chair across from her to ask for permission to sit with her and she nods. I set my bags down and sit down.

"What is your name?" I ask her.

"Oh sorry I am Natalie Pustin," She says extending her hand.

"Malia Dallas," I say to her and take her hand. "Well I only recently became a 'celebrity' you could call it. My brother was famous and I just hid behind the shadows because I didn't want to take his spotlight. I recently joined his group called Magcon and I sing on tour with them and it is honestly so much fun. The thing is I understand that all the celebrities love their 'fans' and they try to be as nice as possible to them however one can only do so much. I call my 'fans' NAFIANs meaning not a fan I'm a nerd. NAFIANs are people too and they are just like the celebrities the only difference is that the celebrity's every move is broadcasted to the world. My NAFIANs are so supportive of me and I couldn't ask for anything more. Being given my dream is amazing, because there are kids sitting in their bedrooms with a lot more talent than me but nobody notices them. I hate that. I realize that life is unfair and that not everyone will get noticed but I want to make everyone I meet feel as special as possible. When I meet my NAFIANs on the street I do as much as I can to make them feel individual. I don't like that I repeat my actions NAFIAN after NAFIAN because what is special about that? But I just like to make my NAFIANs feel special because they make me feel on top of the world," I try and explain to Natalie. I look at Natalie's face and she has the biggest smile on her face.

"That is honestly one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I actually did know who you were the moment you walked in the coffee shop. I am a reporter. I saw you walk in and at first I wanted to see if you would blow up. As a reporter I am to try and get all the dirt on celebrities and I don't like that I have to throw them under the bus. However when the coffee guy refused you a sharpie I was expecting you to blow up, and I knew that would make a story. I am sorry about trying to ruin you. However when you asked the entire coffee shop I offered because I thought it was adorable that you would go through all of that just for a NAFIAN as you would call it. I pretended not to know you to see if you would drop your act around just a normal stranger and start complaining about your NAFIANs but you didn't. The way you talk about your NAFIANs is probably the most beautiful thing," Natalie explains. I was taken aback when she told me she was a reporter and a little upset that she wanted to ruin me, however I wasn't going to blame her, that is her job. Get the dirt.

"Its fine, while I would hope that you don't try and ruin me I understand it is your job and I love my NAFIANs so much, I know they will always be there for me," I tell her with a smile.

"Well I have to get going but here is my card, maybe we can set up an interview where you are actually aware you are being interviewed," She says with a laugh.

"Of course," I say taking her card and smiling at her. I look at my phone for the time and I see that it is almost 3:00pm. Great Cameron is going to kill me. I shove the card into my purse and pick up my shopping bags and rush out of the coffee shop as I say a quick goodbye to Natalie.

I am running down the street and I probably look like a mad person. I am looking left and right trying to find something familiar. I didn't really keep track of where I was going I just went where I wanted. I finally spotted the hotel and I ran up to it. I ran through the lobby and into the elevator I pressed the top floor and the elevator began to move.

*DING*

That was quick. However it wasn't my floor. A man gets in and presses the floor a few floors beneath me. I groan.

"Oh I'm sorry," He says offensively.

"Did I just groan out loud?" I ask and he nods. "I'm sorry it's just that I was supposed to be back by 3pm and my brother is really protective it's kind of annoying and now I am fifteen minutes late so he is going to kill me," I explain to this complete stranger. Well I am just telling my entire life story to random people today. Go me!

"I understand I have a younger sister, I would feel the same way," He says. I force a smile. I would smile but Cameron stabbing me with a butter knife is kind of engraved in my mind.

"How old are you?" He asks me.

"Sixteen," I say.

"I'm 24, my little sister is your age," he says. That's cool. I don't think he knows who I am.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Bryan, Bryan Choller," He says to me. I nod my head and shake his hand.

"I'm Malia, Malia Dallas," I tell him. His face crosses with realization.

"Wait you're the Malia Dallas? THE MALIA DALLAS?" He asks. It scared me a bit.

"Yes," I say slowly.

"You met my sister, Lily?" He says. This was Lily's brother.

"I know Lily, your Lily's brother? I thought you were visiting your family in Orlando?" I asked slightly confused as to why he was here.

"I was but I was visiting. I live in Las Vegas," He says.

"Then why are you here?" I ask curiously. This is the longest elevator ride in history.

"Well after I visited my family in Orlando I decided to fly to DC for a little bit, I asked Lily to come and she did. It's just me and her, you can see her if you want," He says. WHY DIDN'T HE TELL ME SHE WAS HERE SOONER?

"Of course I want to see her, however I need to see my brother first. You can send her up to the top floor and tell her to knock on the last door, we have the whole top floor to ourselves," I tell him. The elevator had dinged on his floor and he was getting off.

"Alright I will let you know, it was really nice to meet you!" He said over his shoulder.

"YOU TOO!" I shout back, then I attack the CLOSE DOORS button so I can get to the top floor faster. The elevator goes up and then the doors open. I rush into the hallway and quickly unlock the hotel door and walk in.

"I HAVE AN ALIBI!" I shout as I walk in the door. All the guys were in the room. The second I had opened the door I heard someone (probably Cameron) jump off the bed and run towards the sound. I was right it was Cameron.

"Where were you?" He asks sternly as I walk into the room and set my bags on my bed. I sit on the bed and take a breath. Well here it goes.

"So I went out and I went shopping then I got lunch did a bit more shopping then this NAFIAN came up to me and she asked for pictures and I asked if she wanted an autograph however neither of us had a sharpie so I went and looked until I found a coffee shop and I asked the guy for a sharpie but he wouldn't give me one for some unknown reason. I asked the people in the coffee shop for a sharpie and this lady in the back let me use hers. I signed some stuff for Alice, the NAFIAN, and she hugged me and told me I was the sweetest person in the world. Anyway, I started talking with the lady who gave me the sharpie and she remarked how it was interesting the way I interacted with my 'fans' she used the word 'fans' I explained to her how I felt about my NAFIANs and she turned out to be a reporter and she told me she was impressed with my social skills and how nice I was to Alice. She then gave me her card to set up an actual interview. I hadn't realized how much time had gone by so I ran out of the coffee shop. IN HEELS AND HOLDING SHOPPING BAGS I REMIND YOU! And I kind of got lost. I eventually found the hotel and ran to the elevator. However some guy came in halfway up and we talked. His name was Bryan and turns out he is Lily's older brother and she is here and will be coming up to our room any moment now," I rush out. All the boys were at my feet like it was story time. I looked at Cameron and he had a look of contemplation on his face. "Come on I am only," I check the time. "19 minutes late," I say to him.

"Fine," He says.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I jump up scaring half of the guys. I run to the door and open it up to see Lily standing there. I hug her and she hugs me too.

"What an odd coincidence to find you here," I tell her. She laughs.

"You got taller," She remarks. I point to my shoes and she understands. We walk back into the room. "Hey guys, remember me?" She asks sarcastically. I know Nash remembers. I walk over to my bed and take off my shoes, sunglasses, and hat.

"I went shopping today and got a bunch of stuff, well actually I don't know if I got a lot but I feel like I got a lot," I explain to Lily. "Oh check out my awesome tan," I say and I show her my feet where her crochet sandals had tattooed their design onto my feet.

"That is so cool, I saw the picture on Instagram, but it is so much cooler seeing it in person," She says to me as she inspects my feet. She puts my feet down after a while and she looks in my shopping bags. I started showing her the stuff I bought and I told her about my day. Talking to Lily was so easy. It flowed, it was like she was my best friend and I have known her forever. Sure I could talk to the guys but not about girl things. She helped me put away my shopping bags.

"I'm going to change out of my clothes and into something more comfortable," I tell her as I grab some clothes and walk into the bathroom. I hope she is comfortable around the guys. I took off my bustier top and my skirt. I checked my pad and my period had stopped today. I was dancing around the bathroom with joy. I threw away the pad because I no longer needed it. I pulled on my yin-yang tie-dye tee shirt and a pair of black baggy boxer shorts and my pineapple socks. My hair had flattened throughout the day. There were still a few waves but it was pretty much back to its normal consistency. I just pulled it up into a ponytail. I walked out of the bathroom and put the clothes I wore today back in my suitcase. Lily wasn't in the room so I looked around and I found her talking to Nash in the other room. I silently pulled out my phone and took a few pictures and then I let them get back to their shameless flirting. They would be really cute together. I went back to my room where the rest of the guys had congregated except for Aaron, Jack and Jack and Shawn who were in the room with Nash and Lily. So it was just Taylor, Carter, Cameron, Matt, Hayes, and myself.

"How was your shopping day?" Taylor asks me.

"It was fun, I really wish I could have gone with Lily because having someone to go shopping with you is just more fun I guess but it was fun nonetheless," I say to Taylor.

"That's good to hear," He says.

"What did you guys do while I was gone? Oh and how did you get food?" I asked.

"We know how to order food. But we pretty much just watched some TV and filmed a few vines, not much," Carter says. I nod my head. I decide to talk to my grandpa because I hadn't talked to him since when I first got here.

I unlock my phone and listen to the dial tone.

Grandpa: Hello?

Malia: Hey gramps! Sorry I haven't called recently, the last two days were really busy!

Grandpa: It's okay Malia, what did you do today?

Malia: Well I went shopping in DC, I got some cool stuff but I think that is something grandma would like to hear about.

Grandpa: Yeah you got that right.

Malia: Haha, but I met a reporter today at a coffee shop however when I met her I didn't know she was a reporter and I told her about how I love my NAFIANs. I call my fans NAFIANs I explain it in a YouTube video if you want to find out more about it. However she told me that I was one of the nicest people and the way I talked about my NAFIANs was beautiful.

Grandpa: That's good. The way you talk about anything is beautiful sweetheart.

Malia: Haha, thanks gramps. Can I talk to grammie?

Grandpa: Yeah sure hold on.

Grandma: Malia?

Malia: Hi grammie, how are you?

Grandma: I am doing great how are you?

Malia: I am fine, I went shopping today in DC and it was really fun because I got to experience the city for myself.

Grandma: That's wonderful, I'm glad Cam is finally easing up on you.

Malia: Me too, haha.

Grandma: What else is new?

Malia: Well I talked to this guy on my way up in the elevator and it turns out he was the older brother of one of my new friends. Her name is Lily, I met her in Orlando. She is currently talking to Nash however when she is done we can hang out.

Grandma: I am glad you are making friends. How's her older brother?

Malia: GRAMMIE! He is like 24, he is too old for me!

Grandma: I am just kidding with you.

Malia: Haha, you were always one to joke around. Oh Lily is done talking with Nash I have to go. I love you and tell gramps I love him too!

Grandma: I love you too and I will tell him, have a good time!

I hang up the phone and Lily sits next to me. Queue eye conversation

Me: You and Nash eh?

Lily: I don't know maybe, he's cute.

Me: You guys would be cute together.

Lily: I think so too.

Me: He likes you. He told me.

Lily: YAY, I think I like him too.

End eye conversation. If you're a girl and you are reading this you know that you can do this with your best friend or something and it freaks everyone else out so don't think that I am just weird.

"What do you want to do?" I ask Lily. We are lying on my bed looking at the ceiling.

"I don't know..." She drifts off like she is thinking of something.

"Are you coming to the last Magcon event in DC tomorrow?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "You should come, I could get you backstage the entire time, like my plus one," I offer her.

"That would be awesome," She says and hugs me. I hug her back. "You want to watch a chick flick?" she asks me.

"Sure I haven't watched one in a while because I have been with these guy," I say pointing to the boys. Lily laughs. I go onto Netflix and we begin scrolling through movies.

"The Fault in Our Stars?" she asks.

"Nah, I have seen it too many times, but I do like the movie," I say to her.

"I agree with you," She says and we keep looking.

"Oh what about The Blind Side, I love that movie and I haven't seen it in forever!" She exclaims.

"Sure, I love that movie and it's not all lovey dovey," I say. We select the movie and press play we both get under the covers and set the laptop on our chests and we begin watching it.

I love this movie so much. The southern accent that Sandra Bullock has here is the kind of accent that I think is so cool. It sounds sophisticated but it is southern, if that makes sense. You probably don't care but this is my life so yeah. I also love the fact that this is a true story.

"I've never had one before," Michael says.

"What? A room to yourself?" LeAnn asks.

"A bed," Michael says.

QUEUE THE TEARS. I look over and Lily is tearing up too. LeAnn in this scene is exactly what I would do. She leaves the room and sits down in another room. She just sits there like, 'this kid has never had a bed'. I have a couple of tears now. I get up and run to get a bunch of toilet paper. The guys haven't paid attention to us until this moment. Really?

"Why are you crying?" Nash asks.

"He's never had a bed," I whisper out trying not to hyperventilate. Sometimes I am too empathetic and it sucks. I come back and hand Lily some toilet paper. The thing is that scene doesn't last long so now it looks like we are crying in a scene that has absolutely nothing sad about it. However whenever that scene happens I get so sad. He never had a bed that is so sad. I take what I have for granted. "I am sleeping on the floor tonight," I say to Lily and she agrees with me.

"I'm with you there," She says and then we continue watching the movie.

The movie ended and I closed the laptop. I love that movie. I checked the time and it was 5:39pm.

"Hey are you spending the night here, I don't care if you do but your brother might," I say to Lily.

"Oh shoot, I forgot to text him!" She shouts and scrambles to get her phone. She finds it and texts him. "He said I can stay the night and go with you to Magcon tomorrow," She tells me with a smile. I smile back at her.

"Did you want to get your clothes or anything?" I ask her.

"Oh yeah, I'll go get some of my stuff then I'll come back," She says to me. She walks out the door and now it's just me and the guys once again. I walk back over and they are all looking at me.

"What?!" I ask in frustration.

"He's never had a bed!!" Taylor imitates me crying.

"Oh YOU!" I say and I jump on him and start hitting him. "I don't sound like that! Besides it was sad he has never had a bed, a bed is something we always have access to and that was the first time he had a bed!" I shout as I continue hitting him.

"OKAY! OKAY! STOP HITTING ME THAT HURTS!" Taylor laughs out.

"Fine, but I don't sound like that," I say to all of the guys. They just look like they are about to crack up. "Just laugh and get it done with," I tell them. They don't hold back and start bursting out with laughter. I roll my eyes. "I'm surrounded by idiots," I say quoting Lion King. I lay on my back on the floor looking at the ceiling. I do that a lot I have noticed lately.

"Hey if Lily knows how to skate board we could all go boarding before we get dinner," I say as the idea hits me.

"That's a good idea, however I don't know which of us brought our boards," Matt says.

"I did," I say.

"I did too," Matt says.

"Same," Cameron says.

"I have mine," Nash says.

"I brought mine," Hayes says.

"I did," Jack G says.

"I have mine," Taylor says.

"I have one," Johnson says.

"I remembered," Carter says.

"I brought mine," Aaron says.

"I have mine," Shawn says.

"YAY WE ALL HAVE OUR BOARDS!" I shout in excitement. However I don't know if Lily can board or if she even brought it. Just then Lily walks through the door with some of her stuff, and what do you know. A board.

"YES!" I shout and fist pump the air.

"Wow I guess my presence is too much for people to handle," She says sarcastically. I roll my eyes.

"I was talking to the guys about how if you could board we could go boarding before dinner," I explain to her.

"Oh great, I have been hoping to get some use of this, I brought it to DC planning on boarding but I have spent more time in my hotel room," She say. I smile and take her stuff and I put it by my bed.

"Guys, go get your boards," I tell them. I slip on my black vans. I am aware I am in pretty much pajamas but who cares. I grab my white penny board and I stand by the door. Lily had a pastel pink penny board with black wheels. It was really pretty. Cameron, Nash, Matt, and Aaron all came up with their boards. Matt brought a regular skateboard. Aaron also had a regular skateboard. Cameron had his solid black penny board and Nash had his long board. How did I not see it? The other guys came up with their boards and we all walked to the elevator. There were 12 of us so it was more cramped than usual.

"Porn," Taylor says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask him.

"Well we have two girls in here instead of one," He says.

"Your point being?" I ask not sure where he is going with this.

"Never mind," He says.

"Yeah, never mind. I am going with murder," I say as I slap his arm.

"What are you talking about?" Lily asks.

"Oh well when we first crammed ourselves into the elevator Malia made a comment how this will either end in murder or porn so now it has become a tradition every time we are in an elevator to guess what is the more likely outcome, I'm going with murder too," Nash explains to Lily.

"That makes sense, haha," She says just as the elevator lands and we make our way into the lobby. I throw down my board and hop on and everyone else did the same. We probably looked so ridiculous to all the people in the lobby. 12 kids riding boards out of a hotel. We looked like a gang, but on boards. Haha. I waited on the sidewalk for everyone to get out of the hotel. I wasn't exactly sure where we could go, I wanted to actually board, not just roll around on the side walk.

"Know anywhere we could go?" I ask Lily.

"Um actually if you go this way for a few blocks there is this skate park," She says.

"Whoa that is awesome! I was just hoping for some open ground but a skate park is even better!" I say to her with a smile. She nods and we skate off in that direction. We board a few blocks and Lily was right there was a skate park. It looked kind of abandon but it was a skate park nonetheless. We all skate into the park and go our separate ways. I can't do that many tricks only small things, I basically only focused on boarding. Also it is easier on a skateboard than a penny board, at least for me. "Can you do any tricks?" I ask Lily. She nods and she skates away and goes up the ramp, then she skates back down to get momentum. She starts to do these small jumps and then she does this really cool flip. It wasn't large but it was impressive compared to what I can do on a penny board. I am pretty much just a good boarder, not a good trickster, if that makes sense.

I walk over to Matt.

"Can I borrow your board really quickly?" I ask him, he looks at me questioningly.

"I just can't do as many tricks on a penny board as I can on a regular board, don't worry I will give it back," I reassure him and his face softens and he gives it to me. I hop on and skate over to Lily. I did a quick kickflip before I reached her. Yeah I was going to show off a bit, but more for Matt than Lily. It was his board after all.

"What else can you do?" Lily asks really interested.

"I can do a Caballerial, and some other basic ramp tricks but nothing like what you can do," I said to her.

"I want to see!" She said clapping her hands excitedly. I laughed. I skated over to the ramp Lily had used and started to get momentum. Then I did a Caballerial. It was pretty much a 360-degree turn performed on a ramp while riding fakie (backwards). I landed it perfectly. It had taken me a while to master that one but I was happy that I had. I spot a rail and I skate up to it and do a rail slide down it. I landed it but almost lost my footing. But I didn't. I skated back over to Lily.

"What do you mean that's nothing! That is so much cooler than what I can do!" She says.

"Not really," I say with a laugh. She skates back over to Matt with me so I can give him back his board. I take my penny board back and we skate around the park a bit. I watch what the other guys are doing and they are doing basic stuff like what I did and what Lily did. After a while we skated back to the hotel. We all crammed ourselves in the elevator once again.

"Porn," Matt says.

"Yeah cause we're all kind of sweaty and hot," I say. Everyone laughs. We all pile out of the elevator and into our room.

"I CALL THE FIRST SHOWER!" I shout as soon as I walk in the door. Lily doesn't protest so I grab my stuff and walk into the bathroom. I lock the door and turn on the water. I showered for about fifteen minutes and then I got out. I dried myself off then I put on grey sweatpants, my baseball shirttail from Gap, and some Huf socks. I walked out of the bathroom brushing my hair and Lily quickly took the bathroom. I put my stuff in my suitcase and continue to brush my hair. Once all the knots are out I quickly French braid it. I grabbed a pillow off my bed and took off the covers and made myself a bed on the floor. I was serious when I said I would sleep on the floor.

"Your back is going to hurt tomorrow," Cameron says laughing at me.

"Well.... Whatever," I tried coming up with something but nothing was coming to mind so I just gave up. I looked at my phone and checked the time 7:39pm. I really want food.

"Hey Cam, can you go get us all taco bell because I just got clean and I don't want to go out there and get dirty so can you get us dinner?" I ask him with puppy eyes.

"Ugh, fine," He says and walks out the door. I jump up and down excitedly. I lie back down on the ground and start scrolling through my twitter timeline. I like a few tweets and retweet some things.

@MaliaIDallas: I'm sleeping on the floor tonight with @lilypad293 everybody go follow her!

I tweet out.

"You guys are actually sleeping on the floor?" I hear Nash shout from the other room. Haha, he must be on twitter.

"YEAH!" I shout back. I get up and walk over to my bed and grab my laptop. I walk back over to my floor bed and lay down on it. I open my laptop and go on Tumblr. I went on Tumblr a lot before I met the guys because I didn't have anything really better to do. I reblogged a few things and liked a few pictures. I then went onto Google. I typed in Malia Dallas. Yeah I was going to search myself don't tell me you've never done it. I wanted to see if Natalie Pustin had posted anything about me. For all I know she may not have been a reporter. The first few things that came up were my social media profiles. I looked under News and there it was. An article by Natalie Pustin.

MALIA DALLAS IS MORE THAN JUST A CELEBRITY

By Natalie Pustin

Published: July 28, 2014

I was sitting in a coffee shop in Washington DC when I saw the famous Malia Dallas walk in with a little blonde girl, who I later found out to be named Alice. Malia Dallas has recently joined the group known as Magcon. Magcon was originally a group of boys who started out on Vine and now tour the nation entertaining their fans with stunts, jokes, music, and more. Malia is the younger sister of famous Vine star Cameron Dallas. It has also been discovered recently that Malia has quite a talent for singing. While not many people have gotten to talk to Malia yet, I don't think her existence will be a secret for very long. I don't know much about Malia Dallas but I learned a lot about her character today.

Malia had entered the coffee shop with several shopping bags and she looked like a movie star with her cat eye sunglasses, sandaled heels, hair curled to perfection, and black floppy felt hat. Malia made her way to the counter of the coffee shop and asked if she could borrow a sharpie to sign her fan's (NAFIANs as she likes to call them) phone case. However the man would not let her borrow the sharpie. She proceeded to ask one more time and when denied she turned her question to the entire coffee shop. I was interested to learn more about her and being a reporter of course I had a sharpie with me. I offered it and she walked over and thanked me. She signed Alice's phone case. She thanked me again for letting me borrow the sharpie and she apologized for troubling me. Alice eventually piped up and said something along the lines of having to go before her father got worried about her but that Malia was the sweetest and nicest person she had ever met. Malia looked touched by the girl's words.

I wanted to learn more about Malia so I asked her a question, pretending I had no idea who she was. She introduced herself and asked my name. She talked to me about how she felt her NAFIANs should feel special and be individualized because they have given her so much support and love. She told me that she tries to individualize each experience for each NAFIAN because if she does the same thing for every NAFIAN, what is the point of being special? She told me that taking pictures, signing their stuff, and following them on social media sites is the least she can do for her NAFIANs after all, they handed her, her dream.

I had also said to Malia that most celebrities don't appreciate their fans as much as she does. She was quick to jump to their defense. She said that celebrities do what they can to make their 'fans' happy however they are only one person and cannot do everything, but they try as hard as they can to please their 'fans'.

After Malia had finished explaining how she felt about her NAFIANs and celebrities I revealed myself to her, letting her know I was a reporter. I expected her to be angry with me, however she was very understanding. She didn't take it too hard. I must say that while Malia Dallas may only be 16 years old she has a better attitude and personality than many of the other celebrities I have encountered.

I read the article over and over again with a smile on my face. At first I was nervous because I didn't know if she would say bad stuff about me. However she was very complimentary of me. I guess this means I will be doing more interviews I guess. I pick up my computer and walk over to Taylor because he was the only one in the room.

"Here, read this," I tell him. I watch his face as he reads over the article. He smiles throughout the article and when he finishes reading it I ask him, "What do you think?"

"I think that you are going to be getting a lot more interviews and that this Natalie Pustin did a very good job at showcasing the true Malia," He says with a smile.

"Aww thanks Taylor," I say and I give him a hug. He laughs and hugs me back. Taylor is kind of like a father. Even though he is only one year older than me, he acts kind of like a father. Cameron kind of does too, but I just see Cameron as my over protective brother. I pick up my laptop and skip into the other room to show the rest of the guys. "Hey guys check out this article about me," I set my laptop on one of the coffee tables and they all crowd around to read. I watch as their eyes scan the article.

"That's really nice, you went through all of that to sign a NAFIANs phone case?" Nash asks.

"Of course," I say definitively.

"Well this won't be the last interview that you take, but I would keep my guard up because if you had gotten really mad with that coffee guy Natalie here could have exposed you. I would just pay attention to your actions when out in public because you never know who could be a reporter," Gilinsky explains to me.

"Yeah I know what you mean," I say to him.

"Malia?" I hear Lily calling my name.

"IN HERE!" I shout and she comes in wringing her wet hair with a towel. She is wearing batman boxers and a black tank top. I can practically see Nash's jaw on the ground. I subtly elbow him in the stomach and he recovers from his trance.

"What are you doing?" She asks as she comes over to me.

"Oh I was just showing them this article about me, it was written by that lady who I met today at the coffee shop," I explain to her.

"OOH let me read," she says and quickly pushes me over and turns my laptop around.

"Thanks!" I say sarcastically.

"Sorry," She says but continues to read. I sit back up and wait for her to finish reading. "Oh my gosh! So this means you will be getting more interviews!" She exclaims.

"Yeah pretty much," I say to her.

"I'm back and I have food!" I hear Cameron shout. I am instantly up and running towards him. I grab the first bag I see and look inside. All tacos yuck! I grab the next bag and pull out the two onion less burritos. I see Lily out of the corner of my eye. I wonder what Cameron got her.

"What do you want?" I ask her.

"I'll just take a burrito," She says. She takes a burrito with onions and I am praising the Lord, because this means I don't have to share my food. I walk back into Nash's room and take my laptop back to my floor bed. I set it down.

*RING, RING, RING, RING*

I hear my cell phone ringing and I run over and answer it.

Malia: Hello?

Grandpa: Hello Malia!

Malia: Hey gramps what's up?

Grandpa: I just wanted to call to let you know that I saw the article about you.

Malia: You did? What do you think?

Grandpa: I think that, that woman captured your personality perfectly.

Malia: Haha thanks gramps. I didn't know who she was when I first met her.

Grandpa: Yeah, those reporters can be tricky but just be yourself and you will be fine.

Malia: Thanks for the advice gramps. I have to go because we are eating dinner but I love you.

"CAMERON SAY I LOVE YOU TO GRAMPS!" I shout at Cameron. I hold the phone out so gramps can hear Cam.

"Love you gramps!" Cameron shouts.

Grandpa: I love you guys too! Have fun!

Malia: You too!

I hang up the phone and continue eating my food.

"Are you close with your grandparents?" Lily asks as I sit down next to her.

"Yeah, they live in Loma Linda which is only about 35 minutes away from where we live," I tell her. She nods her head in understanding and goes back to eating her burrito.

We finished eating dinner and now Lily and I were trying to fall asleep on the floor. Cameron, Taylor, and Hayes were in the other room for some reason. I read somewhere that if you count backwards from 99 you usually fall asleep before you get to 50.

99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 80, 79, 78, 77, 76, 75, 74, 73, 72, 71, 70, 69, 68, 67, 66, 65, 64, 63, 62, 61, 60, 59, 58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53, 52, 51, 50, 49, 48, 47..., 46....., 45.....

Okay. Nash and Lily? Nashly? Lilash? Nashily? Pick a ship name! Let me know what you think!

Faire du shopping means to shop in French. I did have all of her clothes that I wanted to put in this chapter but it will only let me put one photo in...if anybody knows how to put more photos in then please message me or something!

but if you want to see them just copy and paste this link: http://simplicational.tumblr.com/post/116848537707/these-are-the-pictures-that-go-along-with-chapter

xoxo

-simplicational's queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1.1K 16
Chloe and Cameron Dallas are siblings and they are really close.Chloe is like a little sister to all the magcon boys. She has a crush on Matt. Bu...
3.2K 49 11
Magcon boys have a secret they all have sisters they never told anyone about. But what they don't know is their sisters are not the same girls they w...
535K 10.3K 41
Sabrina Dallas is positive that all Magcon boys only care about themselves. She has always refused to go along with her older brother, Cameron Dallas...
15.3K 167 42
When Chelsea is informed with the news that she is having to move for her mother's job, she is beyond furious. Not only does she have to leave the li...