Without Her ✓

By IceBlueCold

"What is it?" I asked. "I want you" He said making me widen my eyes. He looked into my eyes and then back to... More

Prologue
Run Off
I Warned You
The Girl
Tension
New Emotions
Hate Me
Baking
Sleep
Keys
As long As I'm Here
Stay With Me
Let Me
As Slow As You Want
Be With You
Little Donkey
Hold You
Text me
Leave me
Torture
Pleasure
Lie To Me
In The Arms Of A Murderer
Your Fault
Blindly In Love
Overwhelming
Kiss it better
Moving On
Last Time
Wait For Me
Can't take it
Dizzy
Dizzy pt2
I Trust You
All Fine Now
Close To Him
Breathe
Hurting
Cookies
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Epilogue

13.5K 421 173
By IceBlueCold

Leo

"Well, I'm glad that had a happy ending" Tessa said looking at the closing credits at the TV.

We were watching a movie on my couch and it had just ended. She was sitting on my lap with her back to my chest and I was hugging her waist.

Honestly the only reason I watched that movie was because she wanted to watch it. I didn't like romantic movies.

"Yes, I'm glad too" I said kissing the top of her head.

She looked up at me with a small smile, "I thought you didn't like romantic movies" She said.

"Who said that? I love them"

"Really?"

No, but I love you.

"Mhm. Of course" I mumbled kissing her cheek.

She chuckled, "Sure"

She turned around, straddled me and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"How was work today?" She asked.

"I don't have much to do now that Nate's situation is over" I said.

"That's good. You need a break" She said holding my face and kissing my cheek.

"And I need more time with you, but you're busy with work now" I rolled my eyes.

"I can't just not work at all"

"I make way more than enough money for both of us and then some"

"But I don't want to depend on you" She said poking my cheek.

I chuckled, "I know, but if something happens that you don't like you'll let me know immediately"

"Yes, I told you" She rolled her eyes, "But you know, now that I have my own money...I got you a gift" She said trying to hold back a smile.

"A gift? You don't have to-"

"Leo, do you know what day it is today?" She asked pulling away from me and putting her hands on her waist.

"What day is it?"

"It's your birthday, stupid! It's past midnight!" She laughed poking my chest.

"Oh, I forgot" I laughed awkwardly.

"You got me gifts for my birthday and we celebrated it, but you never told me when exactly your birthday was and last year I didn't even wish you happy birthday" She said looking down sadly, "I realized it was my fault for not asking so I secretly asked Rose to ask Nate and tell me the date"

Rose was Nate's wife now.

"Tessie, that's not your fault I don't celebrate my birthday not even with Nate and Ares" I said holding her face and making her look at me.

They always get me a cupcake with a small candle on it even when I always say I don't want to celebrate it.

"Well, it doesn't matter because I'll celebrate your birthday from now on" She said firmly and got up.

I watched her run to our room with a stupid smile on my face and she ran back to me with a huge bag and a white box.

She opened the box first to reveal a cake that had 'Happy Birthday Leo" on it.

"I made it myself!" She said proudly.

"Is that why you asked me to show you how to make a cake two weeks ago?" I asked.

I love this girl so much. I love her.

"Yes, you're the one who's good at baking, but I think it looks decent" She said shyly.

I kissed her hot cheek and smiled at her, "It's perfect"

"Wait! I have a candle and a lighter here in my pocket" She said and took them out of her pocket. She put the candle on the cake and lit it up, "Make a wish" She said with an excited smile.

My only wish is to be by your side forever.

I blew out the candle and she clapped her hands, "Happy birthday!" She said and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you-"

"That's not all" She said and took the bag, "I didn't know what you would like so I got you many things! I got you your favorite cologne since your bottle is almost empty, I got you this watch and I got you this shirt. I think it will look so good on you! I also got you this-"

She kept taking things out of the bag and naming them, but all I could do was stare at her feeling like I was about to cry.

I haven't received any presents since my parents died.

"Tessa, these cost so much" I said stopping her.

"I know I spent my whole monthly wage on them and then some but it's to make up for all your previous birthdays" She said with an awkward chuckle, "So I hope you like them. Oh! and you said your headphones broke so I also got you new headphones" She said and took them out of her bag.

I was going to buy exactly these myself.

"Well, do you like them?" She asked nervously.

"Marry me"

"That doesn't answer my-what?"

"Marry me"

She stared at me with her eyes wide and lips parted.

"I know you deserve a better proposal with a ring, but I promise I will get you any ring you want. We can choose it together if you want and if you're not ready I understand, but I just really want to be with you and I'm not good with words but-"

"Leo" She said taking my face in her hands. Her hands felt cold against my face and I realized I was blushing.

Fuck. My face must be red right now. It's embarrassing.

"Of course I'll marry you" She said with a bright smile and hugged me.

I let out a harsh breath. I'd been holding my breath until now waiting for her answer.

I leaned in and kissed her holding her close to me, "I love you. I love you so much" I mumbled against her lips.

"I love you" She said and pecked my lips.

"I promise I'll get you any ring you want. I'm sorry for just blurting it out, but I've never felt the need to say something so much"

"I wouldn't want it any other way" She said smiling against my lips and hugged me tightly, "But you didn't answer my question"

I laughed, "I loved your gifts, Tessie"

She pulled away and looked at me, "Yes! I'm so happy" She said hugging me once again.

I guess my wish is granted now.

_______

"Happy birthday Dear Leo! Happy birthday to you!"

I rolled my eyes at the cupcake in front of me, but I couldn't hide my smile.

I usually tell them I don't want to celebrate my birthday, but today has been the best day of my life so far starting from the moment Tessa said she would marry me.

How did I get so lucky?

"He's smiling!" Nate said excitedly.

"Finally!" Vincent said with a smile.

"Uncle Leo is smiling!" Aidan said clapping his hands.

Alexander was on my lap and he nodded his head at his brother.

"I told you he would like it if you're here" Ares told them.

"See! Daddy was right! He's always right!" Aidan told Alexander and Alexander rolled his eyes.

"I think that's not the only reason he's happy today" Nate said with a smirk.

"Anything you want to tell us?" Ares asked.

How do I say this without all of them freaking out?

"I proposed to Tessa and she said yes" I said with a big stupid smile on my face.

They all fell silent and their faces looked shocked.

"I'm getting married"

"I am so shocked I can't even scream right now" Nate said.

"Me too" Vincent agreed.

"When did you get a ring?" Ares asked.

"About that-" I trailed off running my fingers through my hair.

"You didn't get a ring?" He asked surprised.

"I will but I just couldn't hold it in-"

"Thank God I didn't ask you what to do when I wanted to propose" Nate said rolling his eyes.

"I think it's exactly what Leo would do" Vincent said.

"When are you getting her a ring?" Ares asked.

"We're going to choose together I want her to have something she loves. She's going to wear it all her life so I want her to love it"

Well, hopefully all her life.

"That's good thinking Leo" Ares said and put his hands on my shoulders, "I think I'll hear a lot from Serenity today since she's out with Tessa right now"

"Only good things I hope" I said.

________

"Hello Mr Lawrence" I greeted her dad as we walked inside Tessa's house.

"Hello Leo!" He said patting my back.

Tessa's sisters were out with their friends and we decided to visit her dad and tell him the good news.

"Hi dad" Tessa said hugging him. She had a big smile on her face and she looked very excited.

"You look very happy. I'm glad to see that" He said eyeing me.

"We have something to tell you" Tessa said sitting on the couch.

Her dad suddenly seemed nervous, "Is something wrong? No, you look happy so it's good news right?"

"Dad, we're getting married" Tessa said.

Her dad gasped and stood up, "What!?"

Tessa nodded.

"Oh gosh, is that true? Finally!" He said with a happy smile.

"I'm glad you're happy Mr Lawrence" I said smiling politely.

"Stop with that, just call me by my first name. You're my soon to be son in law now. Come here!" He said and opened his arms.

I stood up and he hugged me patting my back.

"I trust you and I hope you do everything to take care of her" He told me looking at me.

I chuckled, "Of course. I love her and I can't live without her"

I had to stay away from her so many times for such a long time and I never wanted to go through that again. I wanted to be by her side for the rest of my life and I would do anything to not have to be without her again.

And I never had to again after that.

_______

Tessa

"Well, you seemed very eager to go out with us today" Jane said.

"It's Leo's birthday right? Ares told me that. Why did you want to go out so bad?" Ren asked holding her daughter, Belle.

Belle wanted her mom all the time and honestly she was very quiet and cute so we didn't mind at all.

"Yes, Nate told me that as well" Rose said.

Rose was such a cute girl and Nate and she were an adorable couple. They were both really funny and looked like they were made for each other. 

The only thing was she was a little shy, but we got her to open up.

"I have something to tell you" I said trying to hide my smile.

Jane raised an eyebrow, "Well, don't keep us waiting. Go ahead" She urged me.

"I'm getting married"

They all gasped and looked at each other.

"Oh My God! Really!?" Serenity exclaimed.

"Leo proposed?" Jane and Rose both asked in disbelief.

I nodded happily and smiled brightly.

"Tessa, I'm so happy for you" Serenity said.

"Congratulations, Tessa" Jane smiled and said.

Wow she approves?

"Congrats! You must be so happy!" Rose said with a bright smile.

"We should start preparations for the wedding. We should go look for a dress! Oh! or you can get one made for you like I did! Oh! and we should start looking for cakes and invitations and-"

"Serenity calm down" I chuckled.

"You're right, I got very excited there" She giggled.

"You seem very happy" Jane pointed out.

"I've never been happier" I said truthfully.

I loved Leo so much and I never wanted to be away from him again.

After that we talked about it a bit more and then talked about other things. Later during the day we visited my dad with Leo and told him we're getting married and he was very happy and excited.

And after that long day we finally went back to Leo's apartment.

We took a bath and then we cuddled on the couch and watched TV just like the other night.

"Did you enjoy your birthday?" I asked him.

He kissed my cheek, "It was the happiest day of my life" He said smiling against my skin, "Do you want to start looking for ring ideas online? We can get one made just for you" He said.

"I'd like that, but isn't that expensive?"

He chuckled, "It's not expensive for me" He said, "You are much more valuable to me than money anyways"

I hugged his torso and looked up at him feeling tears in my eyes.

I'm so happy.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you" He whispered and kissed me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 30 48
My body was pressed against his hard slack and colliding underneath the agonizing tension, he lowered his mouth to mine and his tongue darted to run...
18.1K 271 33
"Please be gentle"i whimpered letting him take all the control. "I will kitten"he said cupping my cheek and placing a kiss on my lip. His lips were g...
41.5K 1.1K 41
My eyes widened as he locked my lips against his gently. Oh Jesus, he stole my first kiss. He kept licking and sucking my lips as if forced me to ope...
2.3K 109 31
"Fuck off!" I yell, storming away. The nerve of that guy. It was a one night stand, I didn't marry him! I grumble as I plop into my car. Why was he...