The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 24

696 11 1
By Silver-Tigress

Vivian's P. O. V:

"We kicked every magic butt we saw!!" Natsu cheers. We made it back home, only to receive a surprise greeting from the civilians. Heck! Even Twilight Ogre are here!

"That makes us champs!" Happy exclaims.

Lucy, walking beside Erza says in astonishment, "Wow! There are so many people here..."

Erza says, "I honestly wasn't expecting this grand of an entrance... it's overwhelming."

Asuka is riding on Master's shoulders as they cheer. Makarov cries joyously, "Fairy Tail's the greatest!"

"Hey, Mira, Vivian!" A guy calls as I walk on the takeover mages' right. We turn our heads. "I love you both!!"

"Thank you!" We reply, waving at him as we smile. Behind us walk her siblings, with Lisanna sitting on Elfman's shoulders.

"So, how awesome is the view up there?!"

"It's awesome! But, just a little embarrassing..."

Lily says in astonishment, walking beside Gajeel, "Wow! This is quite a homecoming!"

Gajeel points his thumb at himself as he says, grinning, "'Cause we put Fairy Tail back on top!" I grin at the Iron Dragon Slayer, and he grins back at me.

"Vivian! You were awesome in your battle with Jura!"

"No way! When she took on Lyon and Shelia singlehandedly!"

"No! When she fought Minerva all by herself!"

"Check our this little souvenir I brought back!" Natsu says as he digs through his backpack. "You guys are gonna love this! Ta daa!"

Natsu holds up the king's crown for all to see.

"WHAT THE FUDGE—?!" I scream upon seeing it. "Is that the king's freaking crown?! You didn't steal it from him, did you?!"

"Oops! You weren't supposed to see that..." Natsu quickly puts the crown back in his backpack.

"They're gonna throw you back in the dungeon, Natsu-san!" Wendy exclaims, wise eyed, as her body trembles from shock.

Natsu takes out the 1st place trophy, and holds it above his head for the crowd to see. "THE SYMBOL OF OUR VICTORY!! A SUPER SHINY CUP!"

"WE WON!" I cheer, waving my arms around wildly.

Natsu gives the trophy to Romeo and places him on his shoulders. "Hold it up higher, Romeo!" Natsu tells him. "We want the whole crowd to see it."

"No problem!"

The master of the Twilight Ogre guild says, "Attention, please! The mayor of Magnolia would like to present Fairy Tail with a gift to mark this momentous occasion."

The mayor, a short man with dark hair, clears his throat as Master Makarov steps forward, rubbing his head bashfully. A gift? For us? You're far too generous! I don't know what to say."

"Good members of Fairy Tail! Observe! Your gift is to my right." We follow where the mayor is pointing, and gasp as we stare with wide eyes. "For years, you have been the pride of our city. That's why we are honoured to present you with a newly restored guild hall!"

"It's even cooler than it used to be!" Natsu exclaims.

Happy chimes, "Aye, Sir!"

Master goes up to the mayor while anime crying and says gratefully, "Good mayor! Your kindness knows no bounds!"

Master cries out of pure joy, "I LOVE MAGNOLIA WITH ALL MY HEART!!"

                      🗡🗡🗡

A few hours after we'd returned to Magnolia, Rogue called me on my communication lacrima and asked if I'd like to go on a date, and I'd immediately agreed. We arrange for it to be two days from now, as I have an overnight job with Erza, Gray, Wendy and Charlele later today, to wipe out some mountain bandits.

I'd just changed into my work attire and grabbed my bag from my bedroom in my two storey house when there's a knock on the front door.

I'd bought this place the year after the Tenrou Island incident as the rent at Fairy Hills was really expensive. I have drawings and sketches of my guild mates, including the master and the Thunder Legion, as well as Gildarts Clive, scattered around my red painted bedroom walls.

There's a window seat at my bedroom window as it overlooks the street my house is on. It has two small bookshelves with a few books and other decorative items on them, some of them being photos of me and my guild mates. I have a desk pushed against the left wall and my large bed is pushed against the opposite wall, with my walk in wardrobe built into the wall next to it, opposite my window.

I head downstairs, thinking it might be Gray and the others. I open the door only to see Natsu.

"Natsu? What are you doing here? I'm about to go on a job," I say, letting him in.

"I need to talk to you," Ue says seriously.

"About what?" I ask, closing the door.

"Future Rogue," He says.

"What about Future Rogue?" I ask in slight surprise.

"I saw you two kissing that night on top of Motherglare," Natsu tells me. "Why did you let him?"

"Because, 1, he asked, and 2, he's my mate, Natsu," I tell him simply, the back of my hand on my hip.

"I don't like it," He grumbles, causing my face to contort into a glare.

"And here I thought you'd be happy about me being with Rogue," I say.

"But that's Future Rogue!" Natsu says angrily.

"I know. But he's also my mate, as I've mentioned previously."

"He kissed you!"

"So? It's not like we've never kissed before that," I retort, getting infuriated by the pinkette. Why is he getting so worked up over this?!

Natsu's tan coloured eyes bug in their sockets at this. He splutters, "Wh-What?! You've kissed before then?! Why didn't you say anything?!"

"Because it's none of your business!" I snap, hands clenched at my sides. "If that's all this is about, I'm leaving. I have to job to go on with Gray, Erza, Wendy and Charlele."

I go to open the door again but I pause at what Natsu says next. "It's not just about that, Viv! It's about what happens to you 1 year from now. I... I just don't want you to get hurt."

I whirl on him as I exclaim, "He's my mate, Natsu! I love him! There's nothing you can do to change that! Rogue would never hurt me! I don't need you to protect me anymore!"

"Viv, don't you know what's happen to you in the next year from now?! That's why I'm worried—" Natsu begins, but I cut him off.

"I know what'll happen, because Rogue told me himself! I heard everything I need to know about the next year from Future Rogue. And I'm well prepared for it! I plan on doing everything in my own power to prevent it from him happening. If you're not gonna be happy for me that I'm with Rogue now, then save it! I have a job to do. Oh, and get out of my house!"

I spare the Dragneel a last glare before I yank my door open and storm out, slamming it shut behind me which causes the pinkette to wince.

🗡🗡🗡

When I arrived at the guild hall, Gray, Wendy and Charlele saw I was in a bad mood and knew not to ask me about it. Well, Gray tried, but immediately gave up after I shot him a death glare.

Once Erza arrives with her cart of luggage, we head off to our job.

                      🗡🗡🗡

The next day, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Charlele, and I start walking home from our job, as I walk between Gray and Erza.

I was still mad at Natsu for the other day.

Gray asks me carefully, "Viv, don't tell me you're still mad at Natsu?"

"Uh huh," I reply.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Asks Erza.

I say, "This is between me and Natsu. I'll stay mad at him for as long as it takes for him to ask for my forgiveness. Stupid Natsu thinks I can't protect myself from my own future. What right does he have to interfere, anyway? Stupid Natsu..."

My teammates sweat drop as I continue repeating under my breath, a deep frown on my features, my arms folded under my large chest.

Suddenly, the Marvel looks up as she asks, "Is that Natsu, Lucy and Happy?"

She hurried forward, my teammates and I close behind her, and we come to a stop at a village that's filled with a river of mud. Lucy is being held up in the air by Happy, the blonde covered head to toe in mud, while Natsu sits on a roof.

I exclaim, brown eyes wide, "Whoa! What happened?!"

"Are you okay, Lucy? What are you doing over here?" Wendy asks.

"It looks like they've been playing in the mud to me," Gray mutters.

"Hey, guys!" Lucy exclaims in relief.

🗡🗡🗡

We regroup on a rooftop and Natsu, Lucy and Happy tell us what happened. Turns out, it was a giant mole that created this flooding. We agreed to help, but Gray says we'd do it only if we got our share of the reward.

"Can anyone see the mole?" I ask as we stand in the boat, while Natsu, inside Horologium, is lowered into the mud by Luna and Happy.

My question is answered when the mole bursts out of the mud a moment later. This causes Natsu and a mud covered clock spirit to get thrown into a tree.

Erza commands as she points at the mole, "Target in sight! Now, hit it with everything you have!"

"Sky Dragon: Roar!"

"Ice Make: Lance!"

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Linear!"

"Fire Dragon: Roar!"

Just when our attacks were about to hit the mole, it dives back into the mud. I land back in the boat. The mole suddenly appears from right underneath the boat, knocking us clean out of it, and we ended up in the mud.

Natsu leaps from the tree he'd landed in, to punch the mole, but it dives back into the mud, so Natsu ended up bashing his head against Gray's.

Gray yells, flustered, as he grips Natsu's shirt, "What'd you think, the mole was on my head?!"

Natsu shouts back, "Well, I was heading straight for the thing, so, yeah! Maybe it was!"

I sigh, "Do you see the mole around?"

"Grr."

We turn and see the mole right behind us. We scream as we start swimming away, but the mole just chases after us.

"This thing is catching up fast! So, I'm gonna get us to some higher ground," Gray exclaims. He creates an Ice Platform, and we scramble up the side. "Everyone! Climb to the top! Quick!"

Wendy says, "I don't think that I can climb this! It's too slippery."

"I got you!" Lucy says as she extends her arm to the bluenette. "Grab my hand!"

Wendy grabs her had and the Heartfilia pulls her up over the ledge, just before the mole could nip at her heels. We breathe sighs of relief once we were all at the top.

I gaze around at my teammates and ask, "Is everyone okay?"

"We are now," Lucy breathes in immense relief.

"Yeah," Wendy adds gratefully.

We soon noticed that the mole was looking right at us, through the ice. Natsu wraps fire around his fist and punches the platform, causing it to shatter and for all of us, minus the Exceeds, to fall into the mud.

Natsu and Gray yell at each other again, until we realise the mole is behind us. It then shifts its eyes to Lucy, and immediately starts chasing her around. She attempts to escape by using her whip, but the mole still chases her persistently.

"It seems as though the mole has a thing for Lucy," Happy teases.

"Poor Lucy," I mutter, watching the mole chase her around. I feel really bad for the celestial wizard.

"Awe! Lucy made a new friend!" Natsu says, grinning with his arms crossed. "Look at him, hopping around!"

"Stop cracking jokes, and help me!" Lucy snaps back, a red tick mark on her right temple.

"Lucy!" Happy calls as he and Charlele fly over to the celestial spirit mage.

"We're gonna get you out of there!" Says Charlele.

"Just hang on!" Happy adds. The two Exceeds grab onto the Celestial Spirit Magic user and raise her up in the air; the Heartfilia anime crying.

Only for the four of them to be knocked clean out of the sky by the mole, swatting its front leg at them.

"Fire Dragon: Roar!"

"Ice Make: Lance!"

"Sky Dragon: Roar!"

The mole dives back into the mud, avoiding all three attacks. I sigh and swim over to Lucy and the three Exceeds to check on them.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask in concern.

With anime tears pouring down her face, the Heartfilia replies, "I'm so very far from okay."

Happy mumbles, also anime crying, "The mole won, Natsu. Let's go home."

"It just isn't fair!" Lucy whines. "I mean, why does that creepy thing always come after me?"

                        🗡🗡🗡

We went back to the main building to ask the elder about the mole. Turns out, it has been someone's pet, but the owner had to move away for some reason or other. So, the mole became angry and hurt. It had been a small thing, but grew big rapidly.

"I'd have a chip on my shoulder, too," Says Gray.

"I'd be more sympathetic if it chased someone else for once," Lucy mumbles.

"Awe, come on, Lucy. Now that you know why it's acting like this, how mad can you really be?" Wendy murmurs.

Erza asks thoughtfully, "I can see why it's upset, but why does it single out Lucy?"

"I wanna know, too," I say.

The elder answers, "This may be the mole's breeding season. It's searching for love. Since it can find no females if its own kind, it's decided to make do with her."

"So you're saying that the mole wants to marry Lucy, right?" Happy says, holding up a paw.

"That is beyond ridiculous," Lucy says in exasperation.

"I too am I comely young woman! So why doesn't the mole chase me around?" Erza asks indignantly.

The elder replies, "Considering that you're wearing all that armor, it could be that the mole is uncertain as to your gender."

Wendy asks, "Hey, wait. I'm a young girl that isn't wearing armor, so why how come it doesn't like me?"

The elder says as he turns to her, "It seems that this mole is especially fond of well endowed women. And, you know..."

"Awe, man...!" Wendy anime cries.

I glance at my chest as I say, "Hey! I'm a well endowed woman!"

The elder replies, "Well, it would appear that you've already been taken by someone. As the mole can smell another's scent on you."

Gray glances at me with a raised eyebrow as he asks, "You sure Rogue would be happy to hear you ask about that?"

A please sweat drop forms on the back of my head as I mumble in reply, "Please don't! Rogue-kun can get very overprotective of me..."

"In light of this information, our next course of action is seems clear," Charlele states.

Happy, popping the p, "Yup! We've got ourselves a big ol' piece of mole bait."

"Huh? Uh, what do you mean, 'mole bait'?" Lucy questions, not understanding as we all stare at her.

                        🗡🗡🗡

We got Lucy in a beautiful wedding dress and push her in the boat out into the middle of the mud to lure out the mole. Our plan was a success when the mole pops out. Lucy summoned Virgo but she'd thrown the celestial wizard onto a patch of raised, dry land to keep Lucy safe from the mole.

Then, the rest of us attacked the mole, before Erza used the Holy Hammer she's received during the Zentopia incident several months ago to knock the mole out, before we finally managed to put it in a net.

Virgo then showed up with a crustacean, and it and the mole instantly fell in love.

"Oh wow, this looks promising," Erza says. We didn't realise that we were still standing on the net the mole is trapped in.

The mole and crustacean then hold each other's hands and start walking toward the muddy water. We were getting uncomfortable watching them, but before we could even begin to move away, we were dragged behind the mole in the net, unable to escape.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 4.8K 32
{[DISCONTINUED]} Y/N is the 1st Wizard Saint known as the 'Fairy Goddess' because she is very beautiful like a Fairy and very powerful like a Goddess...
67.8K 1.7K 37
A girl. Lost. Abandoned. By two dragons. Her Mother and Father. She's a puppet. His puppet. Emotionless. A puppet without her strings that connect h...
12.2K 289 27
It was another normal day at Fairy Tail. Everyone was either drinking, talking, or fighting. I was just sitting around, doing nothing. There were no...
653K 13.6K 46
Y/N is a seventeen year old girl who is part of an independent Guild of Dragon-slayers called, the Dragon Gem. When they enter in the Grand Magic Gam...