Sarina Maxine

By hanaripinku

Tyler Hanson is the top detective of Greenwaters, Illinois. His priority is to find his brother who was kidna... More

Sarina (Chapter 1)
Tyler (Chapter 2)
Sarina (Chapter 3)
Tyler (Chapter 4)
Sarina (Chapter 5)
Tyler (Chapter 6)
Sarina (Chapter 7)
Tyler (Chapter 8)
Javier (Chapter 9)
Sarina (Chapter 10)
Tyler (Chapter 11)
Grace (Chapter 12)
Sarina (Chapter 13)
Tyler (Chapter 14)
Sarina (Chapter 15)
Grace (Chapter 16)
Tyler (Chapter 17) 🔞
Javier (Chapter 18)
Tyler (Chapter 19)
Josh (Chapter 20)
[Name] (Chapter 21)
Sarina (Chapter 22)
Tyler (Chapter 23)
Sarina (Chapter 24)
Character Introduction (Sarina Maxine)
Tyler (Chapter 25)
Josh (Chapter 26)
Javier (Chapter 27)
Sarina (Chapter 29)
Character Introduction (Tyler Hanson)
Tyler (Chapter 30)
Andy (Chapter 31)
Grace (Chapter 32)
Josh (Chapter 33)
Sarina (Chapter 34)
Javier (Chapter 35)
Character Introduction (Javier Hernandez)
Sarina (Chapter 36)
Tyler (Chapter 37)🎃
Sarina (Chapter 38)
Javier (Chapter 39)
Josh (Chapter 40)🔞
Tyler (Chapter 41)
Sarina (Chapter 42)
Character Introduction (Josh Weiß)
Andy (Chapter 43)
Josh (Chapter 44)
Javier (Chapter 45)
Sarina (Chapter 46)🔞
Tyler (Chapter 47)
Grace (Chapter 48)
Sarina (Chapter 49)
Tyler (Chapter 50)🔞
Sarina (Chapter 51)
Tyler (Chapter 52)🔞
Josh (Chapter 53)🔞
Character Introduction (Grace Campbell)
Javier (Chapter 54)
Grace (Chapter 55)
Josh (Chapter 56)
Sarina (Chapter 57)
Tyler (Chapter 58)
Andy (Chapter 59)🔞
Tyler(Chapter 60)🔞
Josh (Chapter 61)
Javier (Chapter 62)
Character Introduction (Fadila "Remmy" Haddad)
Character Introduction (Dyon Miles)
Sarina (Chapter 63)
Tyler (Chapter 64)
Javier (Chapter 65)
Sarina (Chapter 66)
Josh (Chapter 67)
Tyler (Chapter 68)
Sarina (Chapter 69)🎄
Andy (Chapter 70)
Javier (Chapter 71)
Tyler (Chapter 72)
Sarina (Chapter 73)
Tyler (Chapter 74)
Andy (Chapter 75)
Josh (Chapter 76)
Tyler (Chapter 77)🔞
Sarina (Chapter 78)
Tyler (Chapter 79)
Andy (Chapter 80)
Thank you!

Andy (Chapter 28)

29 2 0
By hanaripinku

I think I looked at every inch of this screwdriver as I waited. I haven't left my room since we got Quinn back, more like I wasn't allowed to leave. Isaac hasn't come over in a while either. While I don't mind, it's unusual as he's supposed to check up on me. I don't know what's going on out there. It's not the first time I've been left out of meetings. I'm just the get away guy, the hacker, the one who cleans up the mess. My opinion doesn't matter, it never has. I'm not to talk unless spoken to.

Suddenly, I heard someone knock at my door. They didn't say anything.

I placed my screwdriver on the bed and then walked over to answer.

"Quinn."

"Getting lonely in here", he asked.

"No."

"Such a liar aren't you?"

"What do you want?"

He folded his arms, leaning on the door frame.

"I came here to pay you back after you saved me. You could have given me a heads up about that stuff that made me pass out. What was that about? How did you make all that happen from here? Greenwaters is pretty far away."

"You talk to much. I knew you could ruin things for us if you got caught, we can't take chances."

He let out a laugh.

"Funny but true. I was talking up a storm. That officer sure was nice, and fashionable too. I've got to ask him where he gets his ties next time I see him."

"Why are you here?"

He didn't like that I said that.

His hand came up to my face to pat it lightly, I sharply turned my face from his hand.

"The boss sent me here. He said it's time to get you into some action, but we can't save you. Time to finally learn how to use a gun properly. Come on."

He turned to walk, I followed.

We had our own shooting range down here. It made sense for what we do. Quinn was the proper instructor for it since he's a pro. No one is like him, who wants to be? I've been here before a long time ago, I hated it. I didn't like shooting and I don't want to learn it again. I refused to kill someone when I had a chance. I knew I couldn't run away from it forever.

"Okay, since you did something for me, I'll let you use my favorite gun. I let no one touch this you know so consider yourself special", he said.

"Sure."

"Remember how to use one?"

"No."

He let out a sigh as he rolled his eyes.

I felt his presence behind me. He came close enough to place my hands correctly on the gun instead of just telling me.

To describe Quinn, he's definitely the affectionate type. He's not shy about it and he doesn't care who he has to get close to. He knows he has good looks, he uses it to his advantage by charming people in order to get his way or to get them to trust him enough so he can kill them.

While he appears nice to others, I know how he is and how he works. Him being so close to me makes me nervous, it always has. He's never done anything to me, the boss won't allow it. I think that's the only thing saving me from him. I'm no match against him, I don't try to be anyway.

I learned it's best not to fight him.

"Don't be scared of it. Now, hold it up and look at your target", he said as he moved my arms up.

I felt his chin rest on my shoulder.

"Now shoot."

"I can't with you—"

"Shoot", he ordered.

My eyes shut as the gun went off. I saw I missed the target, no surprise.

He stood up straight.

"Try again."

I did.

The more I shot, the better I got. Eventually, I reached the bull's eye.

"Good. Soon you'll be ready for a live one."

"I'm not going to—"

Suddenly I felt him grab a fist full of my hair, causing my neck to jerk back. He then took the gun from my hands, pressing it against my head. It was still hot after I fired.

I reached back at his hand, trying to make him let go, but it only made him tighten his grip.

"Stop...", I begged.

"You're going to learn this and you're going to be good at it. I'm not going to have you mess things up for me, got it?"

I didn't say anything.

"You see the target is the head. You always aim for the head for an easy kill, you will learn to not miss. After they're on the ground, you shot again...make sure they're dead. You feel good afterward."

"How can anyone feel good after that? I'm not...sick like you..."

He moved the gun away, turning me by my hair to look at him.

"There is nothing wrong with me, okay? I'm tired of people telling me that", he said in a harsh tone.

He placed the gun down and then moved his free hand to my face. I was breathing hard, scared of what he was going to do.

I just had to start with him.

"Okay...okay...I'm sorry..."

He moved his face close to mine, barely touching.

He smiled.

"Good."

His grip loosened, letting me go. I quickly backed away from him.

"We'll pick this up another time."

With that being said, he turned to leave.

Once he was gone I could breathe normally again.

"Hey."

I turned to see it was Isaac.

"What", I said.

"That was a dumb move", he said.

"Why do you care?"

"That happens to you and then you start with me? You're really stupid, aren't you."

I stayed quiet.

"The boss wants to see you", he said.

I continued to stay quiet as he led me over to see him.

Once we arrived Isaac left, leaving the boss and me alone.

"Andy. Learning how to shoot properly from Quinn", he asked.

"Yes sir."

"Good. You'll be ready when the time comes. Right now, I need to go over some things so just have a—"

"What happened to me? Did I have parents who cared about me", I interrupted.

He gave me a look as if I was crazy to blurt that out. It is unusual of me to not stay in my place as I always respected him. It's just, that day when I watched that couple die, something in me remembered what felt like was my past.

"Sir...how did I end up here? Please tell me."

I was nervous but stood firm, I had to know.

"Your parents weren't good to you Andy. They were greedy, only caring about money. They didn't treat you well so I came into your life to save you. If it weren't for me, who knows where you will be. I did what was best to protect you. Now, it seems like you don't appreciate that."

"I do sir, I just..."

"You've been stressed lately. You know what, take some time off. Go out for a bit and then come right back, okay?"

I nodded.

"Yes sir. Thank you."

I left quickly before he could change his mind.

The park was full of people today. When I get the chance I just sit and watch families have fun and kids play. I really wish I could remember if I had fun as a child. I just have to go by what the boss tells me. Maybe I really didn't have a good childhood. What if he's telling the truth, maybe my parents weren't good.

I let out a sigh.

I don't want to be thinking of this. I need to relax and enjoy the moment.

"Hey there stranger."

A smile slowly spread across my face, I know that voice.

She was standing behind me. I leaned my head back to look up at her. She leaned forward, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"Hi there", I said.

"Looks like we bumped into each other once again", she said.

"Or you were just waiting around for me."

"Maybe I could say the same about you."

"Touché."

She giggled.

I took her hand, moving her around the bench to sit next to me.

"So, what are you up to today", she asked.

"Nothing much, just relaxing."

I looked off at the people again.

"Hey, what happened here?"

"Hm?"

She reached up to touch my temple.

"Oh, nothing. Just working on something and it got me I guess."

"You should be careful not to mess up your face."

"Why?"

"Because, you're handsome, duh."

I chuckled.

"I am?"

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Do you not own a mirror?"

"No."

"Seriously?"

"Yep. I have screens to look in though if that counts."

"You're so weird."

We ended up going for a walk around the park, talking about all kinds of things. What she said earlier, about me waiting for her, that's not entirely a lie. For the first time, I was looking forward to seeing someone. I don't have a close relationship with anyone, I don't remember if I ever did in my past either. I often wondered what it felt like to have someone who thought about you. I'm not sure what she thinks of me but I have a good feeling. If she's happy to see me it must mean she thinks of me.

"Earth to Andy", she said, waving her hand in my face.

"Huh? Oh, sorry."

"What are you thinking about?"

I stopped walking.

"Nothing important, just work stuff."

"Ah, I see. More hacking?"

"Something like that."

"Any...bad hacking though", she asked with concern.

I got quiet.

She took my hands.

"What if you just, hid out with me for a while? Just pretend you like got arrested or something."

I chuckled.

"No. They'll know that would be careless of me. It's unusual."

She pouted.

"There has to be some way."

"Grace...I know what you're trying to do but, it's best you don't get involved. You really can't. What I'm a part of shows no mercy. Even just meeting up with you like this is risky, that's why—"

Suddenly she pulled me into her. I was taken off guard. I didn't know what to do.

"No, I still want to see you."

I didn't say anything as I was trying to figure out what she was doing.

"Andy?"

She looked up at me.

"Is this making you uncomfortable?"

She quickly let me go.

"I'm sorry...I just—"

"No, I just...I never..."

"Been hugged?"

I slowly shook my head.

I think Quinn hugged me once, not out of kindness though. It was definitely not welcomed. Other than that, I don't remember if I ever had that in my life. I see mothers hugging their children all the time. The boss said my parents weren't good to me but I wonder, if they ever loved me, even if just a little.

"I don't remember", I said.

She reached out again, wrapping her arms around me.

"Then I'll hug you as much as you want, okay?"

I smiled a little.

"Like, all the time?"

"Of course. I'm the best hugger in the world."

I laughed.

"Really?"

"Yes! Try it."

I moved my arms around her. I allowed myself to really feel the embrace as I closed my eyes. Suddenly, a familiar feeling hit me. I felt memories flood my head once again.

"Mom, you're squishing me!"

"I'm not squishing you, I'm just hugging you because mommy loves you so much."

"I love you more mommy!"

I quickly backed away, letting Grace go. I started breathing hard, that feeling of not getting enough air.

"Andy, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

I sat down on the grass.

"Andy? Was that too much? I'm so sorry."

I shook my head.

"No...I...I remembered something..."

She sat down next to me.

"What did you remember?"

"I'm not sure but...I think if I experience certain things, I remember pieces...I think pieces of my past."

I looked at her.

"Andy? Do you think something happened that made you forget? Something really bad?"

"I don't know. That's what I have to figure out."

This is no coincidence. I'm remembering these things on purpose.

But, why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Nicole By Minahil

Mystery / Thriller

4.9K 116 26
My mother had kept secrets from me for as long as I could remember. Never answering anything I asked about my father, my siblings or why they weren't...
1.1K 60 14
TRIGGER WARNING: SA HAPPENING OFTEN!!! TALK OF SUICIDE AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. Moune Martin was making her way to success at the young age of 25. She...
2.6K 155 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
Rosalee | ✔️ By Eli Kay

Mystery / Thriller

285 73 7
Jenelle Nicols is a single mother, living with her ten-year-old daughter, Rosalee, in the small town of Golden Grove. Recently, Jenelle's family frie...