Sarina Maxine

By hanaripinku

Tyler Hanson is the top detective of Greenwaters, Illinois. His priority is to find his brother who was kidna... More

Sarina (Chapter 1)
Tyler (Chapter 2)
Sarina (Chapter 3)
Tyler (Chapter 4)
Sarina (Chapter 5)
Tyler (Chapter 6)
Sarina (Chapter 7)
Tyler (Chapter 8)
Javier (Chapter 9)
Sarina (Chapter 10)
Tyler (Chapter 11)
Grace (Chapter 12)
Sarina (Chapter 13)
Tyler (Chapter 14)
Sarina (Chapter 15)
Grace (Chapter 16)
Tyler (Chapter 17) ๐Ÿ”ž
Javier (Chapter 18)
Tyler (Chapter 19)
Josh (Chapter 20)
[Name] (Chapter 21)
Sarina (Chapter 22)
Tyler (Chapter 23)
Sarina (Chapter 24)
Character Introduction (Sarina Maxine)
Tyler (Chapter 25)
Josh (Chapter 26)
Andy (Chapter 28)
Sarina (Chapter 29)
Character Introduction (Tyler Hanson)
Tyler (Chapter 30)
Andy (Chapter 31)
Grace (Chapter 32)
Josh (Chapter 33)
Sarina (Chapter 34)
Javier (Chapter 35)
Character Introduction (Javier Hernandez)
Sarina (Chapter 36)
Tyler (Chapter 37)๐ŸŽƒ
Sarina (Chapter 38)
Javier (Chapter 39)
Josh (Chapter 40)๐Ÿ”ž
Tyler (Chapter 41)
Sarina (Chapter 42)
Character Introduction (Josh WeiรŸ)
Andy (Chapter 43)
Josh (Chapter 44)
Javier (Chapter 45)
Sarina (Chapter 46)๐Ÿ”ž
Tyler (Chapter 47)
Grace (Chapter 48)
Sarina (Chapter 49)
Tyler (Chapter 50)๐Ÿ”ž
Sarina (Chapter 51)
Tyler (Chapter 52)๐Ÿ”ž
Josh (Chapter 53)๐Ÿ”ž
Character Introduction (Grace Campbell)
Javier (Chapter 54)
Grace (Chapter 55)
Josh (Chapter 56)
Sarina (Chapter 57)
Tyler (Chapter 58)
Andy (Chapter 59)๐Ÿ”ž
Tyler(Chapter 60)๐Ÿ”ž
Josh (Chapter 61)
Javier (Chapter 62)
Character Introduction (Fadila "Remmy" Haddad)
Character Introduction (Dyon Miles)
Sarina (Chapter 63)
Tyler (Chapter 64)
Javier (Chapter 65)
Sarina (Chapter 66)
Josh (Chapter 67)
Tyler (Chapter 68)
Sarina (Chapter 69)๐ŸŽ„
Andy (Chapter 70)
Javier (Chapter 71)
Tyler (Chapter 72)
Sarina (Chapter 73)
Tyler (Chapter 74)
Andy (Chapter 75)
Josh (Chapter 76)
Tyler (Chapter 77)๐Ÿ”ž
Sarina (Chapter 78)
Tyler (Chapter 79)
Andy (Chapter 80)
Thank you!

Javier (Chapter 27)

30 2 0
By hanaripinku

Week seven of basic training...

"Pistol training was so cool today, I was look'n all cool and everything, too bad the girls can't see", Demetri said.

"Yeah. That's the most badass I've ever looked", An'twan said.

"Guys, that was not about looking badass. We need to take that seriously. It's not all about shooting, it's about—"

"Maintaining your weapon, yeah, yeah Javi, lighten up, you sound like a dad", Xavier said.

"Nothing wrong with that. Someone needs to be responsible", I said.

Demetri stood in front of me, stopping me from walking.

"What's gotten into you man? You're not your usual", he said.

I let out a sigh.

"Sorry. Just a lot has been on my mind. Did you hear about what happened in Greenwaters, my hometown?"

"Yeah! I can't believe they attacked a police station! They must have some big ass balls to do that", An'twan said.

"Yeah because they're a gang", Demetri said.

"No, not just any gang. They are something big. I mean how many gangs would do something like that? None would even try, no matter how much money you dangle in their face", Xavier said.

"Before that gangs were turning themselves in all of a sudden, they didn't want to be on the streets. Whoever this new gang is, they're extremely powerful", I said.

"They won't last forever, right? I mean once the military rolls in, they'll take them out for sure."

"Yeah but still. Mind if I go make a phone call? I just need to talk to someone right now."

"Sure, we'll be around", An'twan said.

"Thanks guys."

I went over to the phones and dialed the usual number.

"Hello?"

"Sarina, hey, it's me."

"Javi! It's been too long since you called me. I got worried they sent you to war or something."

I chuckled.

"No, nothing like that. I've just been busy that's all, sorry. I have one more week of training before graduation. You're coming, right?"

"Duh! You don't have to ask twice. I haven't been in contact with Grace in a while, is she coming too", she asked.

"Yep. She's taking the first flight out of there that day."

"Ugh Grace! She'll be late."

"That's our Grace for you. Anyway, how have things been, in general, I mean", I asked.

"With me, I've been fine but things here have been, strange."

"Strange how?"

"Just, I don't know...people are worried after what happened to the police department. They feel like the police are no match for whoever attacked there. I'm not supposed to say anything but..."

She got quiet.

"What Sarina? You know me, I never say anything to anyone."

"I know. Remember your friend who got involved in drugs and his brother was close to the gang boss. Well, the boss of that gang had info about this huge crime organization. The police got one of the guys who worked directly under the leader but they broke into the police department to take him back."

"How in the world do you know all of this?"

"Uh...I have connections..."

"Sarina..."

"Well, I've gotten close to some officers, that's all."

"Sarina, it's too dangerous for you to take this lightly. I don't think you should hang around them. Obviously, they are going after the police. You know gangs have been asking them for protection or turning themselves in."

"Yeah, I know that."

"That's exactly why you need to stay away from them. If the police keep taking potential members of this gang away, they won't be happy about that. It puts a huge target on the police station, that's why they didn't hesitate to do that. Also, this makes the police look weak now."

"Javi, I get it. I'm not hanging out with them like you make it seem. First, it was the party and then the fire at work, and now I just keep bumping into him. He was sick recently so I helped him and—"

"Him? Who's him?"

"Are you getting jealous", she asked seriously.

I wasn't paying attention to my tone. I was actually getting upset, I was sounding jealous.

"No, I'm not jealous, I'm just. I don't know him, and if he ever hurt you—"

"He's not Javi, stop acting like my dad. I don't need that!"

We both got quiet.

I ran my hand through my hair, trying to calm down. This isn't like me, I never got upset with her before. Just the thought of another guy coming into her life to take my spot while I'm here is just something that I can't sit with. It's not like we're in a relationship but at the same time, it feels like that. I love her, obviously as a friend just like Grace. This man she speaks of, if I ever see him, I got my eyes on him. Sometimes Sarina is too nice, I don't want anyone taking advantage of her.

"Sorry Sarina. Listen, I have to go now, okay? I'll talk to you later."

She stayed quite a bit longer before replying.

"Okay", she said quietly.

We both hung up.

I let out a long sigh.

"This is so stupid", I said out loud.

"What is?"

I gave my full attention when I saw it was my Staff Sergeant, Sergeant Vincent.

"I'm sorry sir, it's nothing."

He raised his eyebrow.

"It doesn't look like nothing. Girl troubles?"

"Uh, something like that..."

I've never seen him so...nice like this. He's usually shouting at us. I know it's part of his job to be tough on us, I forget he has a normal side too.

"If you have time Hernandez, I would like a moment with you. Don't worry about your next class. I told the you'll be with me."

"Okay then, I'm free."

"Good."

We took a walk as he spoke. He just asked me how training was going and that I was top of the class and a promising soldier.

"Here's my office, after you", he gestured.

I nodded.

I felt a bit nervous now. Usually, if you're called into an office it's because you did something wrong. He was acting a bit unusual, as in unusually nice. Maybe he's buttering me up for bad news. Maybe I'm going to be sent home because I did something. I tried to think back to anything I did wrong but I couldn't come up with anything.

"Hernandez, you're easy to read right now. Have a seat and stop worrying, you didn't do anything wrong. That's not why you're here."

I sat down, breathing a sigh of relief.

He sat across from me at his desk.

"Where should I start."

"Um...what do you mean sir?"

He pulled out a file.

"You have a friend named Kevin from your high school football team, correct."

"Former friend but yes."

"Yeah. Anyway, it looks like you discovered his criminal involvement in selling drugs with your other, former friends."

"Yes."

He placed the paper he was reading from on his desk and looked at me.

"Your former friends are naming you as a suspect in their recent activities."

"What?!"

"They claim you sold and made money with them in order to support yourself since you didn't want to continue the family business. They also claimed you had ties with the gang that supplied the drugs as well."

"That's bull—I knew Kevin was going to stab me in the back! I swear I had nothing to do with that sir! I knew about their involvement and I knew about the seller but I turned my back every time they asked me to join them. I swear on my—"

"Hernandez! What did I just tell you before? You aren't in trouble, right?"

"Y-Yes..."

"That means, I believe you. I've been watching you and to me you showed no signs of anything they were claiming you did."

I let out another sigh of relief.

"So...why is this being brought up if I may ask? What happened to them?"

"They're in jail for now, awaiting trial. They can say good-bye to college and future. When it comes to you, what they did puts you in hot water."

"How", I asked.

"I bet they thought their involvement in this was nothing, major. As you may have heard, there have been some unusual events happening in your hometown involving gangs. Their numbers have been dwindling because of someone more powerful than they are. Since your name came up, it's likely they now know who you are."

"Forget about me, what about my family?!"

"Your family is safe, they've been watched over ever since your name came up as a suspect. When it comes to you, they wouldn't dare try something with the military like they did at your local police station. Basically, as long as you're not a threat, you are safe here."

I sat back in my seat, my mind was processing everything he told me.

"I want to request protection over one more person, my friend, Sarina."

He looked down at his papers, gathering them back together to put back in the file folder.

"What about her?"

"I told her about everything. She's the one who went to the police about it, she's the one who gave the evidence so I'm worried about her. She's in more danger than me, especially..."

I paused.

"Hm?"

I sat up straight.

"Sir, is there anything I can do? I mean, I know I'm still in basic training but it's been killing me that I can't do anything. I can't sit here knowing my family and friends are in danger."

"If I gave you permission right now, what will you do?"

"I...I...I don't know."

"What is your specialty", he asked.

"Huh?"

"Why did you sign up to be here? What do you want to do?"

"Oh...I'm good with computers. I want to learn more about how to stop cybercrime or any cyber attacks."

"And so how will you apply that?"

"I don't know sir...however you guys need me, I'll do whatever."

"Good. I understand how you feel Hernandez but right now, there's nothing you can do. I'm not saying you won't be needed ever. Just focus on what you're doing now, okay?"

I looked down into my lap. I'm not satisfied with that answer but he's right. There's nothing I can do but I can prepare for it by becoming a better soldier.

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now, get going. You can make it in time for the last few minutes of class. Tell them we finished early."

I stood up, saluting him.

"Thank you sir."

I turned to leave.

Right now I need to become the best I can be. I need to study hard and train harder. No matter what, when the time comes, I'll be ready. I just hope everyone is safe. May God protect them just a bit longer for me until I can do my part. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 8.6K 60
"I don't trust your people." "I'm not asking you to trust them. I'm asking you to trust me." โ—‡Highest Rank: #2 in Journey, #8 in StrongFemaleLead...
3.7K 167 35
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
46.6K 1.9K 33
๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿฅ‰Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿฅ‰ Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
36.3K 1.2K 47
-COMPLETED- Elianna Payne. Your not-so-average 17 year old. Living a normal life. She is a shy but bubbly girl. She loves the outdoors, adventures. W...