How hard could it be? • LM...

By allisonslover1

• BOOK ONE • "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion s... More

Act I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Act II
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Act III
Helpline numbers
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Announcement!
Act IV
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
SEQUEL

Chapter 41

823 39 10
By allisonslover1

"Makes no fucking
sense to me."

"God, why does my son always choose the most violent sports?" Melissa asked. "Where's Jade?" she questioned, looking around the bleachers.

"Oh- I think she's just with Lydia," Max lied.

Jade was beneath the bleachers, waiting for Stiles. The two teenagers were going to attempt to find the biestiary. Attempt being the key word. Max had offered to stay and watch the game with Melissa, so he could keep an eye on Scott. It was easier if he stayed anyway, because if Stiles and Jade got hurt, he would be able to tell. Being an empath had to have some perks.

The crowd gasped as more players were knocked to the ground- courtesy of Eddie who was nicknamed 'The Abomination.' Pretty fitting to be fair.

Max chanced a look behind him to briefly see Stiles grab the keys off Allison.

Stage one of the plan complete.

Someone appeared out of nowhere, standing beside Melissa and Max. "He belong to you?" the boy asked, gesturing to an injured player being carried off by a medical assistant.

"No, mine's still on the field," Melissa sighed. "I'm really wishing he stuck with tennis."

Something clicked with Max as he realised who they were talking too. This was the guy Jade was on about the other week. The one who kept staring at her and Allison in the hallway. He definitely gave off creepy vibes. "Are you the yearbook photographer?" he asked, a slight edge to his voice.

"No, I, uh, just take photos," Matt replied.

"Just lacrosse or other things?" Melissa queried.

Matt smirked, glancing down at his camera. "Anything that catches my eye."

~

"Wait," Stiles exclaimed, grabbing Jade's arm.

She stumbled, attempting to catch her balance. "What?" she asked. They were wasting time. Stiles pointed at a familiar car, where a sobbing Lydia could be seen. "I've got it."

Stiles hesitated before running into the school. Jade would catch up with him, she was fast enough.

"Hey Lyds, what's wrong?" Jade asked. The girl scoffed, rolling her window up. Okay, Jade couldn't say she wasn't slightly offended at that. "Lydia-"

"Just go away!" she exclaimed, wiping her eyes with her glove. "I don't like anyone seeing me cry!"

"Lydia! You're really beautiful when you cry so it doesn't make a difference!" Jade tried to reassure her. God. She was really bad at socialising. Lydia rolled her window down as the blonde leaned on the car. Huh. Maybe she wasn't that bad.

"You're gonna think I'm crazy," Lydia cried.

"Lyds. You can trust me on this. You could say you were a freaking alien and I wouldn't think you're crazy. In fact, you'd probably be the most sane person in my life," Jade said.

Lydia laughed quietly, looking out the window as Jade's phone beeped. Maybe she could tell her. Maybe it would be better to tell someone.

Evil twin: Game half way through. Hurry

She sighed. Great. "Look, I'll make a deal with you okay? I have to go right now, but come around mine tomorrow after school. We can talk about everything. Or nothing, whatever you want. Promise," Jade noted. Hopefully this would make up for leaving her in the lurch.

"Promise?" Lydia asked, drying her eyes again.

"Promise," Jade replied, holding her pinky finger out. "I'll have ice cream and all, okay?"

                                      ~

"What the fuck is he doing there?" Jade hissed, running through the corridors. "Jesus, I sent him for a book, not for a swim."

Making a left, she swung open the doors to the pool. There was a body right by her feet; Erica. The girls eyes were wide as she stared at the blonde who had nearly just stepped on her. What the hell had happened here?

The sound of splashing was heard from the pool. She looked up in alarm to see Derek and Stiles half-submerged in water. They seemed to be a second away from drowning. Stiles more so because he appeared to be holding Derek up.

"Jade! Get in the pool!" Derek yelled, his mouth filling up with water as he talked.

"What! Why!" she yelled back, looking around.

And then she saw it; the reptile thing that Scott had seen the other day was prowling around the pool. It finally noticed her when Stiles and Derek started yelling warnings again.

Quickly, she threw off her boots before diving into the pool. The creature followed her, hissing when she went into the water.

She sent a fire spell at it, hoping it would take the hint and leave. A burning sensation shot through her hand, and she yelped in pain. She swam over to the two men in the pool like her life depended on it- which, to be honest, it kind of did.

"Seriously! You had to take off your boots!" Stiles yelled. She really had to waste ten seconds undoing the laces and chains on her boots. Unbelievable.

"Of course I did! They're my lucky boots! And do you know how much those things cost? Like, 50 dollars!" she hissed as she held Derek up on the opposite side. She examined herself carefully to see what damage had been done. There was a burn running halfway from her hand to her elbow. The lesson from today was to try and not let your spells backfire.

"You paid 50 dollars for those!" Derek exclaimed. And he thought he was bad paying 20 dollars for a leather jacket.

"They were a present but Max left the tag on them!" she snapped back.

~

"Scott McCall if you don't get out of the Argent's right now, you don't have to worry about them killing you because I'll put a bullet in your head myself! Also if you're the idiot of a person I'm empathically connected to and you got yourself burnt, kindly inform me. Answer. Your. Phone!" Max hissed. He sighed before hanging up. It would be handy if Scott checked his voicemails every once in a while.

"Everything okay?" Melissa asked, a brow raised. Max had been practically shouting down the phone for the last minute and a half. He turned around, nodding and walked to stand beside his aunt. "You ready to go? Jade's making her own way home right?"

"Yeah, but I'll just wait for her. Honestly, I don't mind," he insisted. Melissa said her goodbyes before heading for a shift at the hospital. The three cousins would be lucky to see her by tomorrow afternoon.

When he knew Mel was truly out of the way, he grabbed his phone again, this time dialling Jade. When he got no answer, he resulted in leaving a very strongly worded voicemail for her too. Next he tried Stiles, but still to no avail. "For fuck sake! Why have phones if no one is going to answer them!"

~

"Stop! It's still here," Derek exclaimed. Jade and Stiles stopped swimming, looking in the direction that Derek was.

"What's it waiting for?" Stiles asked, anxiety evident in his voice.

"Hm. I don't know Stiles. Considering we're in the pool and this stupid thing is still circling us, I'd never be able to make a guess," Jade hissed in frustration.

The creature stalked closer towards them, but hissed away from the water when it's scales touched it. The group watched in confusion. Was it afraid of water?

"Did you see that?" Stiles asked. "It can't swim."

They were quiet for a while; Jade and Stiles panting at the extra effort of holding up the man and Derek because he was basically paralysed from the neck down and was relying on two teenagers to keep him from drowning. And to be honest, he wasn't that trusting of Jade. With everything that had happened at the ice rink the other day, he was surprised she hadn't already killed him. But he wouldn't necessarily be shocked if she did. He kind of deserved it. Would he ever say that out loud? No, probably not.

"I can't do this much longer," Stiles panted out. He glanced at his phone laying on the side of the pool. The other two followed his gaze before they began to protest wildly. "Just trust me this once."

Before they could process what was happening, Stiles swam frantically to the side. Jade hadn't actually expected him to do it. With the sudden extra weight she had to hold up, Derek fell down to the bottom of the pool, sinking further and further.

She quickly dove down, holding her breath. It was not a good time to be an asthmatic. Opening her eyes under water, the chlorine stung bitterly. Spotting Derek, she grabbed onto him by his collar. Hoisting him up with her, she swam to the top of the pool.

They gasped for breath as Jade threw his arm around her shoulder.

"Wow Pierce. Didn't expect you to save me," Derek coughed. 

"You're a dick, but that doesn't mean I'm not a decent person," she said. Stiles quickly swam over to them, taking half the weight. He was quiet. That was not in the slightest like him. "Please don't tell me he hung up on you because I will genuinely flip," she commented.

                                       ~

"Is that even a language?" Stiles asked. He was referring to the writing that was found on Gerard's USB stick. Max and Scott had gotten there in just enough time to help the others who were coming even closer to drowning.

"It's Latin," Max observed. The boys raised an eyebrow at him. "I can only speak a tiny bit of Latin but I know for a fact that's it. My mom and dad had books and stuff in Latin."

"I found out what it's called," Jade said, jumping out of Stiles' jeep with her spell book in hand. Thankfully, she had a jumper in the back of her car that she could throw on but her hair was still wringing wet. "I knew I recognised what it was."

"It's called the kanima," her and Derek said simultaneously. He approached the teens with Erica by his side.

"You knew the whole time?" Stiles asked the man in disbelief. Could Derek Hale get any more infuriating? They had just spent the last three hours holding him up so he wouldn't drown and all this time he knew what isn't was!

"No, only when it was confused by it's own reflection. It doesn't know what or who it is," Derek explained.

"What else do you know?" Max interrogated. He was starting to get really pissed off with Derek pretending he didn't know stuff when in reality, he did.

"Just stories. Rumours," he replied vaguely.

"Turning to you Jade. You're the most reliable source," Max sighed.

"It's a shape shifter, but it's not right. It's like a menace to society. The most popular story is of a South American priest. It's known as a weapon of vengeance," she stated. Their odds weren't looking very good.

They fell quiet, before Derek made a move to leave.

"Wait. We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents," Scott called out.

"You trust them?" Derek and Max said at the same time.

"Nobody trusts anyone! That's the problem! While we're arguing about who's on what side, there's something stronger and faster than any of us and it's killing people!" he yelled.

"Maybe not all of us," Derek said, looking at Jade. The whole group slowly turned to look at the blonde.

"Huh?" she questioned. What in God's name was he on about now?

"There's one story I've heard, it seems to be the most reliable one. It's about a witch who defeated a kanima, but she did kill it in the process," Derek explained.

"And what? You think just because one witch millions of years ago killed one, I can do it too? No. I won't turn into a killer, even if that thing's not human," she scoffed.

"It wasn't one witch millions of years ago. It was actually a witch a lot closer to home. A certain witch that happens to be your mother. And I know that in that necklace of yours. You have her power. What? You don't think werewolves can feel the energy pulsing from it? Because trust me, we can," he spat.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Max asked, going to stand next to his sister.

"Because you two were there when your mother was talking about it. Remember? You's were visiting my house. Elizabeth was in the kitchen talking to Talia, my mom. We were messing about and us three and Cora eavesdropped on their conversation. She said how she'd killed the kanima and how it had tried to attack the four of you at your house. Your dad found us and ushered us out to play basketball," Derek said.

The twins were quiet, vague memories starting to come back to them.

Derek continued, not wanting to lose their attention while he had it. "Jade. Your moms power can help you be ten times more powerful than what you already are. You're kind of destined to be one of the most powerful women in the world. And I'm not exaggerating," he spilled quickly.

Jade sprinted away from the group, ignoring their calls for her to come back. She got in her car, driving away. She didn't know where too, but she couldn't stay there. What if she didn't want that much power? That much responsibility?

The necklace suddenly felt like it was weighing her down. Like she was drowning. Falling. Sinking.

A/N

I actually really like this chapter ngl

So we find out more about the amount of power Jade's gonna hold! Also, don't worry too much about their mom killing a kanima, that's not too important, it's just to explain the power they have etc a bit more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.8K 52
[BOOK 5] "𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 - 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡." F...
5.9K 210 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...
14K 357 72
"Okay," he breathed out. "I love you, Cassandra Williams. I love you so god damn much." Cassie's smile grew at his last sentences. "I love you too, S...
119K 3.8K 95
𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 Riley Winters thought nothing good would come...