Without Her ✓

By IceBlueCold

"What is it?" I asked. "I want you" He said making me widen my eyes. He looked into my eyes and then back to... More

Prologue
Run Off
I Warned You
The Girl
Tension
New Emotions
Hate Me
Baking
Sleep
Keys
As long As I'm Here
Stay With Me
Let Me
As Slow As You Want
Be With You
Little Donkey
Hold You
Text me
Leave me
Torture
Pleasure
Lie To Me
In The Arms Of A Murderer
Your Fault
Blindly In Love
Overwhelming
Kiss it better
Moving On
Last Time
Wait For Me
Can't take it
Dizzy
Dizzy pt2
I Trust You
All Fine Now
Close To Him
Breathe
Hurting
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Cookies

9.2K 387 130
By IceBlueCold

Tessa

3 years later

"Tell me how you've been! I haven't seen you in a whole week!"

I chuckled, "That's not a lot Ren"

Serenity looked at me excitedly, "It is a lot for me!"

We were at our favorite coffee shop near the high school we used to go to.

"Well, my dad and my sisters are away for the weekend but besides that I don't have anything else to tell you. You're probably the one who has a lot to tell me, you have twins at home" I said.

The twins are little devils. They're always getting into trouble and doing things they shouldn't be doing.

They're cute though.

"They're insufferable" She groaned, "But I love them and Ares helps out a lot. My brothers too, especially Vincent" She said with a smile looking at me, but then she looked down, and then back up at me "Alexander likes Leo a lot"

I looked down at the mention of his name. When the twins were born we had just broken up and there were times we bumped into each other because we both wanted to visit.

However, he never said anything to me. He simply walked away as soon as he saw me.

That happened the first year of our break up. After the first year, I was more careful and I didn't have much time to visit because of college.

"How is he?" I asked.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want" She said with a guilty look.

"No, I want to know"

It had been three years, but I still cared about him.

I still loved him as much as I loved him three years ago. Those three years without him were both quick and painfully slow. The days seemed like weeks, but when the end of the year was near, it seemed like the year had gone by in a flash.

"He's still always in his office working. Ares has tried to get him to take a break for a few days but he always says he's busy. Nate also tries to drag him along to some events, but most of the time he says no. Sometimes he says yes since Nate won't leave him alone" She chuckled.

"I see"

Have you always been this way? Working so much? Or are you still hurt?

"Anyway, Alexander always hangs out in his office and Leo watches over him when Ares takes the twins with him. They're both not very talkative"

"Yes, I know that" I chuckled remembering Alexander, "By the way, you always get that one coffee when we come here. Why did you order juice today?" I asked.

She tried to hide her smile, but her lips still stretched out into a bright smile at the end, "I haven't told Ares yet" She said.

"No way"

"I'm pregnant" she said happily stroking her belly.

"That's amazing! When did you find out!?" I asked.

"A week ago"

"What!? And you haven't told Ares yet!?"

"Well, he's been busy" She said with a guilty look and then smiled, "I'll tell him soon though"

"He will be so happy" I said.

I hadn't seen Ares many times, but Serenity talked about him all the time, so I basically knew a lot about how he acted.

Well, at least how he acted with her. How he acted with other people is probably a different story.

"I have to go watch the kids now. Ares watched them for me, but he has to work" She pouted.

"I hope I find time so we can go out soon again" I said.

"Yes! And please come over when you can. Oh! or I can come to your house with the twins and they can play with your sisters!" Serenity said excitedly clapping her hands together.

I laughed, "I'll make sure to find some time for you"

"Thank you" She said and hugged me.

We payed and left the coffee shop. Serenity waved at me as she got inside her car.

"Be careful!" I told her.

She smiled at me nodding and drove away.

I decided to take a walk around the area. The mention of his name was making me remember things again and I wanted to clear my head.

But the more I walked around the more I thought about him. This was an area where we met often.

Why does he always ignore me?

We've broken up but a 'hello' wouldn't hurt. Even if he walks away after.

Maybe he doesn't love me anymore but we still have a lot of memories together.

He promised he would come back.

'I'll see you soon, Tessie'

Before I realized I had tears running down my face.

After three years it's still as painful.

How pathetic.

Why can't I forget about it?

My vision was blurry from the tears and I wasn't looking in front of me so I bumped into someone.

I looked up to apologize, "I'm so-"

As soon as I saw that familiar face I froze.

He did too.

Leo.

Don't ignore me again. Please.

He looked surprised at first, but after a few seconds his face hardened.

"Why?" He asked harshly.

"Why what?" I mumbled not knowing what he meant.

His hand reach out and touched my cheek and I held my breath. When he moved it away his fingertips were wet.

Oh the tears.

I wiped them off with my sleeve, "It's nothing"

"No"

No?

He extended his hand and gestured for me to take it. I gladly took it and he started walking somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He led me to a bench and sat down. I sat down next to him feeling nervous.

Why all of a sudden?

He looked ahead, not giving me a glance until he finally turned to me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"I was just thinking"

About you.

"About what?" He asked.

"Why do you care?"

He widened his eyes in surprise.

"Are you really asking me that?"

I didn't reply to his question. I honestly didn't know how he felt towards me now.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Good. You?"

"I've been doing what you asked" I looked at him confused, "Work on myself. You asked me that"

"Yes, I did"

Where is this going?

"I did it, Tessie"

Tessie.

"What do I get for doing it?" He asked, his eyes wide with hope.

"What do you want?"

I honestly didn't know where this was heading.

He stared at me for a few seconds and then said, "You. I want you"

I was surprised to hear him say that all of a sudden.

His expression softened and he smiled, "I told you, it's all I've ever wanted"

"How do I know you've changed this time?" I asked.

"I'll show you with time if you allow me to"

I nodded, "Alright"

I didn't show it, but I was so happy to hear him say that. I'd missed him so much and after all these years I still loved him.

But I was still worried about him lying.

And also this year would be crucial and I had to focus on college.

"Really?" He asked closing his eyes and smiled again.

I nodded again.

"Are you driving back home?" He asked.

"No, I walked here" I said looking at him to see his reaction.

If he's still the same he will freak out or at least comment on it.

But to my surprise he didn't react at all.

"Do you want me to drive you back?" He asked.

"Alright" I said wanting to spend time with him.

"Let's go to my car"

He stood up and gave me his hand to take. I took it and he walked not letting go of my hand.

The drive to my house was quiet since my house was really close. When we got to the usual spot near my house he pulled over and looked at me.

"When can I see you again?" He asked.

I thought about it for a while. I didn't want him to leave now. I wanted to spend more time with him.

It's been three years since I spent time with him like this. Is it wrong that I want him to stay?

"Do you want to come in?"

"Can I?"

"My family is away for the weekend so I'm all alone"

"Yes, I want to come in" He said with a smile.

I led him to my house and opened the door for him. He walked in looking around.

"I haven't come here in a while, you changed some things" He said.

"Yes"

Mom used to place the furniture differently every few years because she would get bored of it. When she died, dad started doing it as well.

When he did it the first time I asked him about it and he said he was just bored of it, but once when he thought he was alone, I heard him say

'I hope you're not bored'

He chuckled looking at the kitchen, "Remember when we tried making those cookies?"

I smiled at the memory, "We never got to try them"

"I told you, we could always try making them again"

"Do you want to do it now?" I asked hesitantly.

I was nervous about what he would say. Maybe he would think it's a dumb idea.

We haven't been together like this in three years and he might feel awkward around me.

But to me it was all still the same.

"Of course. I'd love that" He said with a happy smile.

"Okay! Let's go to the kitchen then!"

_______

Leo

I'd missed her so much.

So much.

These three years were long and painful and I didn't know how I had managed until now. It took everything in me to ignore her when I would bump into her the first year, but this time I saw tears in her eyes and I couldn't do it anymore.

And now with her right next to me, talking to me as if nothing had happened, willing to spend time with me, I didn't know how long I could go.

I saw her pouring the ingredients into the ball and stood behind her.

"I'll tie your hair up" I said.

She had left her hair tie at my apartment three years ago after we had that shower together and I had kept it around my wrist all the time. It was pink and it smelled like her shampoo. Eventually the scent faded, but it still reminded me of her.

"Is that my hair tie?" She asked.

"Yes" I admitted.

I carefully gathered her hair into a ponytail trying not to hurt her. I was so close that I could smell the scent that I had missed so much.

"Thank you" She said when I finished.

I could now see the skin of her neck that I knew was so soft and warm.

I want to kiss it.

A lot of things have changed, but my feelings for her are exactly the same if not stronger.

"Can you give me the milk?" She asked looking up at me.

I couldn't keep my eyes away from her lips.

Fuck. What am I going to do?

"Yes" I said and gave her the milk.

"Thank you" She said smiling.

Now I really couldn't keep my eyes away from her lips.

She was busy mixing the ingredients and I was busy staring at her.

Great. She'll think I'm a creep.

_______

I managed to get through the process without getting caught staring at her and now the cookies were finally done.

Maybe if I eat I'll stop thinking about it. I'll focus on eating.

Yes, I thought that was a great idea.

Until I saw she had some chocolate on her lips and I couldn't help myself.

"You have some chocolate" I murmured.

I want to lick it off.

No, I have to calm down.

"Oh where?" She asked wiping her lips, but it smudged more.

I stared at her not answering her question. My thoughts were running wild and I felt like I would die if I didn't give in.

"Where is it-"

I held the back of her neck, finally leaned in and kissed her.

It tastes like chocolate.

Why don't you push me away? She must be shocked.

I licked her lips and slid my tongue into her mouth.

After a few seconds she finally pushed me away softly, "What are you doing?" She whispered.

"I'm sorry. I've changed what you ask me to, I promise, but one thing I can never change is how much I want you"

I admitted looking into her eyes.

"But you're always ignoring me" Her eyes were glistening with tears and it broke my heart to see her like this.

Is that why you were crying?

"I did it because you told me to let you live your life normally until I change"

"I thought you didn't love me anymore" She mumbled, some of the tears in her eyes falling.

I held her face and shook my head firmly, "Never". I pecked her lips and then looked into her eyes, "I love you"

"I love you too, but I don't know if I can believe you when you say you've changed" She said sniffling a bit in between her words, "You said that last time"

"I know, I know" I said and hugged her wanting to comfort both her and myself, "It's also your last year in college and you have to focus on that"

"Yes" She mumbled.

"I'll wait if you want me to. I broke your trust so I'm not asking you to get back together right away. I'm asking you to let me gain it back"

She pulled away and looked at me, "Okay" She nodded, "But you might have to wait a lot since I have to focus on college too"

I smiled, "I'll wait for as long as you want. I can wait forever"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 271 33
"Please be gentle"i whimpered letting him take all the control. "I will kitten"he said cupping my cheek and placing a kiss on my lip. His lips were g...
125K 2.9K 37
He pushed me back so my back was now pressed against the wall and we were only a few inches a part. "You aren't leaving me." He said, brushing his l...
14.2K 795 45
"You look so gorgeous, ravishing and smashing Mackenna." He groaned and dipped his face into my neck. The way he said my name was so hot, sexy and da...
1.6M 45.7K 29
"What happened?" he asked sternly. She sat still and made sure her hood was covering her bruised cheek. He noticed her unease like no one else. "Not...