The Alpha's Temptation [BXB]

By knightinroses

Ash Willow is the outcast of his pack, the omega runt abused by his stepfather, the head Alpha. Daemon Steel... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Side Chapter: Wren
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55

Part 39

57.3K 1.8K 871
By knightinroses

So yeah. This is where it gets messy

"Ok so show me the whole look," Lylah says from the bed, her hand stuffed in a bag of pretzels.

We're in my room right now and I'm getting ready for my first date with Daemon, which I am absolutely off-the-walls excited for. I quickly change into the outfit I have in mind. Mid-waist, dark-wash bootcut jeans with converse, paired with a white bell sleeve top with cute tie lacing at the front.

Lylah squeals when she sees me, jumping off the bed and coming over to me. She pulls the moon necklace Daemon gifted to me out from under the top. "You look so cute," she says, "He's gonna love it. He'd probably love it even if you wore a trash bag,"

"Thanks," I grin, looking at myself in the mirror. My hair has grown out a bit, I should probably get it trimmed soon before it starts to look like a messy sheep mane.

"Wait, I forgot I have something to give you! You totally need to wear it on your date," she goes over to her bag, rifling through it before pulling out something white wrapped in the plastic.

"What is it?" I ask curiously, walking over to her.

"So I ordered some lingerie and they accidentally sent me these—which don't get me wrong are absolutely gorgeous—but they're just not my style. And they're size extra small so I think they'd fit you," she pulls the small piece of fabric from the bag.

I'm confused on what I'm looking at and have no idea why Lylah is telling me about her laundry orders. I give her a questioning look. "What is it?" I ask.

"Girl. Panties! Cute, lacy panties that Daemon is literally gonna go crazy for if you wear them to your date!" she holds them up, revealing the white lacy underwear.

My face goes red in realization of what they are. And what they're for. "Lylah! I-I can't wear that!"

"I haven't tried them on so they're clean, if that's what you're worried about,"

"That's not it! I'd be too embarrassed if he saw me in those!"

"Why?? He'd totally be into it,"

I imagine it for a second, how he'd react when he pulls off my clothes and finds me in the underwear. How he'd rip them off with his teeth and call me a slu—

"Hello? Earth to Ash? Are you gonna put them on?"

"I think I'll save them for another day." I say, embarrassed from losing myself in my fantasy.

Lylah sighs. "Suit yourself. Now, eyeliner?" She asks, raising an eyebrow as she pulls the black pen from her bag.

"Uh..." I have bad memories of the first time I wore it, with Henry and all that. But today's a happy day. I want to have a good memory associated with it now. I check the clock before I look back at her. "Yes!"

Soon I'm all ready to go, seeing Lylah off and waiting on the porch steps with my bag for Daemon to come. He said he was picking me up at five. I check my phone and see that it's 4:55. Great! I'm right on time.

I sit there patiently waiting for him. I check my phone again and it's 5:10. Daemon usually isn't late... I check for any texts from him but there's none.

I wait out there for over an hour. I just stare at the road, anticipating his car coming around the bend any minute but it never happens. I'm so concentrated on willing his arrival that I don't realize I'm shivering. The temperature has gone down with the sun in the sky and my teeth chatter. I check my phone and my heart sinks when I see it's 6:25 and there is not a single message from him.

With a sad sigh, I get up and go inside. Inevitably I start to tear up, ruining the makeup Lylah did for me. I stare at our messages on my phone, which is just me texting "where are you?" Three times in a row. Did he forget? Did I take this too seriously and make myself look stupid for getting all excited?

But really, where is he? It's almost 11pm now and he's not shown up. It makes my gut queasy with worry. Did something happen? I text Tristan asking if Daemon's okay. A minute later I hear my phone ding and I all but leap toward it, quickly unlocking the device.

But all that Tristan's said is "Mission." So Daemon was sent out on a last minute mission? That makes sense for why he'd miss our date but not for why he wouldn't text or call me to let me know. Was it really not that important to him?

I chew on my lip, feeling lonely in the giant house. Since Lucien went into a coma, Daemon's been living here with me since he didn't want to leave me vulnerable and alone without an alpha to protect me. So why is he not here right now? Worry and dread mix up in my stomach. Did I do something to upset him? Was I ignorant and didn't realize he had something else going on today?

I chew on my nails, lying in bed with my date clothes still on. I was too occupied with ruminating over this to change. I fall asleep right there, waking up uncomfortably the next day. There's still no word from Daemon.

*

Alright, so we are going to be switching POVs for this chapter! Welcome to:

DAEMON'S POV (starting from earlier that day)

My phone lights up with a message from my mate from where it lies on the counter as I walk into my room. I smile, setting down the bouquet of flowers I got for him to answer the text.

Shortcake

Shortcake: What time are you coming?

Me: 5. Is that okay?

Shortcake: yes!! What r u gonna wear?

Me: not telling

Shortcake: hmph!! Why not 😡

I grin to myself, leaning over the counter. How are even his text messages cute as hell?

Me: you'll see me soon enough

Shortcake: I bet you'll be wearing what you always wear. Black shirt and jeans

Me: hey, I was planning to wear my special white shirt

Shortcake: your sleeping shirt?? Cuz that's the only non-black piece of clothing you own...

Me: We can't all wear cute little outfits every day

Shortcake: I'll take that as a compliment. U think my outfits r cute

Me: ur cute.

Shortcake: STAHP <3

God, I must look like an idiot just laughing and grinning at my phone. Tristan would probably tell me how much just looking at me makes him want to barf.

I try not to make my relationship obvious in front of the guy because I know how much he wants a mate, but last month when I saw my mate curled up in fear from the movie Tristan put on, I couldn't stop myself from lashing out. Having a mate changes you. I know that more than anyone else.

When Ash first came here, I was lost. Because I found this little wolf from the enemy pack stranded out in the forest and suddenly I had a mate. I smelled his heavenly scent from a mile away and couldn't help myself from finding him in his hiding spot, all scared and trembling. The second I saw him I knew. My wolf went crazy, overjoyed with the fact that we'd finally found our mate.

I tried to ignore it. I didn't want a mate, but there was no way I could leave him out there alone and injured. I brought him to the pack hospital and planned to just stay away. And when I got word Ash was from Dark Moon, I used that as an excuse to further justify my cruelty towards him. When the reality was I was scared.

Scared because a single touch from Ash would send sparks through me. And when he got close-- oh, I'd lose my breath just looking at him. His pretty white hair and rosy freckled cheeks and the way he looked like he'd fit right into my arms. And when he gazed up at me with those big, green eyes of his, I'd instantly turn into a lovesick mess. I never let him see it, though. I was good at masking it. But when I drove him in my car to school every morning all I could think about was the fact that my beautiful mate was sitting not a foot away from me and I could never have him.

That was my rule. Because I felt I didn't deserve or need a mate, I was never going to let myself have him. But even still, he needed to be protected. He was small and fragile, and the idea of anything happening to him sent terror coursing through my veins. I wanted no one to touch him. Only me. I hated when that alpha from his school walked him to the car that day and Ash told me what a gentleman he was. I wanted to say that I could be a gentleman for him, if that's what he liked. I could be anything he wanted me to be. But of course, I didn't say that. Instead, I got jealous like a kid.

When he got curious and started asking about mates, it hit a nerve in me. I told myself I would never give into us being mates but at the same time absolutely hated the idea of him seeking out an alpha other than me. The thought of my naive omega falling for some guy who'd trick him that they were mates made me so angry.

He was timid and shy but could also rile me up with his stubbornness. He cared for me when I didn't care for myself. He was sweet to me when I didn't deserve it but he also called me out when he deemed my behavior rude. It was all new to me and frankly, the way he made me feel was intoxicating and I couldn't get enough. Me, who had always felt pretty self-assured, was being shaken up by this little five-foot-four omega with an M&M obsession. And I could've easily avoided him—as I'd originally planned to—but I didn't. I wanted to see him all the time and tease him and see him get all worked up and for him to challenge me in return.

Ash unlocked a side of me I never knew I had. A side of myself that allowed me to properly mourn my mother's death and share myself with another person. And as he shared himself with me in return, I felt a knew pain. The pain of my mate's suffering, for all he went through. I had felt it from the very start, through our connection. How he was hurting inside. I was worried sick. He was already so frail when he came here and always looked exhausted. And when I finally found out what had happened to him, I hated that I could not protect him from what had already been done to him.

Once again, I was put in a situation where I had no control. My mate had this deep, horrendous trauma that infiltrated every fiber of his being and there was no way I could erase it. Knowing he was permanently changed by it did not change how I felt about him. Instead, the pain he felt, I felt, and I wanted to do anything I could to make it better. And if that meant having a shoulder to cry on when he was hurting, holding him through a nightmare, or doing anything I could to make him feel safe--I wanted to do it. I still do. That will never change.

I'll do anything to keep him protected and happy. That's why I swore to kill those who harmed him and never let anything like what his stepfather put him through happen to him ever again.

I close my phone, going to the closet to fetch my jacket. It'll be five soon. I grab my keys and the bouquet and head out. I can't keep my shortcake waiting.

*

Since Ash wanted to get ready separately and I had to go get the bouquet, we agreed that I'd go to my place while he stayed at the house. I hate leaving him alone but he'd said the redhead would come over during the day so that gave me some relief.

I drive up the road, thinking about what Tristan and I found the other day. Some strange underground garden in the catacombs under the city. There's definitely some type of drug being grown from the plant and I took a sample home as evidence. Tristan and I's plan is to get Theo on trial with the council once we gather up enough evidence that would connect this all back to him. I used to question whether he was actually involved in this but now I have no doubt. He has secretive meetings with other alphas of the pack and tries to hide it all from me. What a fucking prick.

I'm approaching the turn that would take me up to my father's house when I spot something in the road. I slow to a stop when I realize it's a child wolf. It's bleeding. It must've been a hit and run.

I quickly get out of the car and run over to it, ready to put it into my car and drive to the hospital. As I'm kneeling over it, I feel a prick in my back. The child wolf jumps up and trots off, seemingly fine despite its injuries. And that's when I recognize the sweet, starchy smell of fake blood and realize this is a trap.

I attempt to stand up but feel woozy, pain erupting in my back. I feel another prick in my arm and my hand clamps over it, realizing I've been shot by dart. My vision swims before me as I see a few figures approaching in the distance. I only recognize one of them. Theo.

*

When I wake up my knees and shoulders are throbbing. I'm kneeling against hard, cement ground and feel the sensation of cold metal around both of my wrists. I blink a few times, my eyes adjusting to the dim light of my surroundings.

"Finally awake, dear brother?" Theo's snobby voice infiltrates my eardrums.

I try to yank my arms free only to realize they're chained to the wall. I growl as I realize what's happened.

We're in some type of bunker-like room with no windows and only a dim, flickering light on the ceiling. We must be underground. Probably connected to one of the catacomb passageways. Theo stands before me with about 15 alphas behind him, all of them with the same, glazed over look in their eyes. They're drugged up.

They look abnormal. I recognize a few of them, absolutely deformed by steroids. They're not the men they once were. My brother ruined them. All for this sick plan of his, whatever it is.

"Why am I here?" I ask lowly.

"You snooped and got caught, don't act surprised,"

Shit. So he found out what Tristan and I were up to.

"You don't have anything to say for yourself?" Theo prods.

I don't reply. I can't give him any ammunition.

"You and your buddy here took some wolfsbane from our planters the other day, isn't that right, Tristan?"

Theo steps aside to reveal my friend, and the sight of him fills me with relief. Until I realize he's avoiding eye contact with me. Wait...he should be in chains like I am, if he got caught too.

"You're on your own now Daemon. And you alone will pay for your crimes," Theo's words seal the betrayal and I can't believe it. I'm not even phased by Theo doing this. He's always has it out for me. But Tristan? The man I have never once doubted my trust in? This is unbelievable. I send him an icy glare, but bite my tongue. Theo is the biggest problem at the moment.

"My crimes? Look what you've done to these men. They're not even human anymore." I say.

"Who cares what they are? They depend on me and do what I say," he shrugs.

"Only because you have them drugged and addicted,"

"And so what? It turns out when you take advantage of things like drugs it reaps you a lot of rewards," he grins cruelly at me.

And then it clicks into place. What the reward he's gotten is. The role of Head Alpha. Wolfsbane..! He said something about growing it. A werewolf sedative. The realization comes crashing down on me all at once, along with anger. Hot, boiling anger.

"It was you. You're the one who did this to Lucien. You poisoned him!" I growl in distaste.

He starts clapping his hands like the madman he is. Does he think he's some type of mastermind villain? God, he's so pathetic.

"Congratulations on figuring that out, you dunce. But what are you going to do? Tell the council? I don't think you want to try that,"

"What does that mean?" I glare at him.

"Because then I'd tell them about your little mate. You know, the omega from the enemy pack that Lucien has been secretly keeping."

My blood runs cold. Because by council ordinances, the punishment for an enemy infiltrating the pack is execution.

Theo laughs at the look on my face. "Not so tough now, are you?"

"Fuck. You." I growl, trying not to lose it at him calling my mate a runt.

"Curse at me all you want. It's not going to get you anywhere. I'm in charge here. I have the power to do whatever I want with your mate,"

My eyes widen, my heart seizing in alarm. "No. Don't bring him into this. I will take the blame for everything!" I quickly try to change the course of the conversation back to me instead of my mate.

"Do you mean that?"

"Yes. Just don't touch him. Don't touch him. Please." I beg, a desperate tone coming to my voice. Not Ash. Anything but that.

"Don't try to act like you're some valiant hero saving your mate. You're rogue scum. Remember that,"

I bite back any retaliation. Let him say what he wants. What I can't afford is making this situation worse and putting my mate at risk.

"Alright. Here's how this will go. You're going to summon your mate. Sever any bond with him. Make him hurt. And then this guy here," he taps Tristan on the shoulder, "is gonna take you out to the pack boundary and shoot you through the skull. How's that for an end to your undeserved life?"

I've only felt fear like this twice in my life. The first was the night of my mother's murder. The second was when I got the call that Ash had gone missing after the football game. And the third time is now. Cold, harrowing fear that spreads throughout my body because no matter how strong or capable I am, I cannot beat my brother in this moment. Every single odd is against me.

I used to want to die. I thought about ending it all a couple of times. But not anymore. Not after finding the light of my life, my beautiful, loving mate that's become my entire world. I can't die. I can't leave him alone in this cruel place. I can't lose his warm touches and pretty smiles and the way he makes me feel more alive than I've ever been in all my 22 years of life. I can't. I need to make Theo see reason.

"Look, I get you're mad that I snooped and shit—But why all this, Theo? We're brothers,"

"Shut your trap. We're not brothers," he spits, "And you're asking why? You know why! My mother died and it was your fault! You ruined our family! You deserve this!"

"I know I messed our family up! I know! But I have repented for years. Do you really think Rose would have wanted this?!"

"Don't say her name! You don't deserve to!" he shouts.

"Theo—"

"We had everything. Everything."  Theo grabs at the air, as if trying to catch something that isn't there, "I had such a bright future. Then you come along. I lose my mother and the father I once knew and suddenly I have nothing. You don't like the drugs? They were the only thing that kept me sane!"

He pulls down his shirt, showing me his wrists littered with self-inflicted scars and needle marks. "This is the future you replaced that bright one with!"

"I tried to help you!"

"Don't you get it? None of it matters now. She's gone. And soon you will be too."

"Can you—can you at least think this through? Do you realize what you're doing?!"

He whips around, face red with anger. "NO! WHY DO YOU GET TO BE HAPPY? WHY, WHEN YOU MADE US SUFFER SO MUCH! WHY DO YOU GET TO FALL IN LOVE AND HAVE A MATE AFTER YOU TOOK MY FATHER'S AWAY?!"

Tears have built up in his eyes, but I don't feel sympathy for him. I suffered too. But did I become like this, ruining others lives because I hate my own? Did Ash? Did Lucien? No.

I grit my teeth, not wanting to further his hysteria.

Theo recovers from his outburst, adjusting his glasses with a cough. "Well, if you don't like that plan, how about a new one? There are many ways I can make you suffer. Like...oh! Why don't I bring your omega here? And you can watch, bound by silver chains impossible to break, as every alpha in here takes turns raping him. I'll even get Henry out of his cell and let him have his long awaited fuck,"

That's when I lose it.

I wrench violently against the chains, my eyes going red. "I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!" I roar, feeling my wolf simmering to the surface. How dare he!? How fucking dare he?! NO ONE TOUCHES MY MATE!

"He's shifting!"

"Quick, boys. The tranquilizer," I hear Theo say through my blurry, rage-filled haze. I feel a prick in my neck and start feeling drowsy. But that doesn't stop me from jerking against the chains again, having the prominent urge to kill every single person in here for threatening my mate.

"Another, like last time. He's too damn big."

I feel a second prick in my back and unwillingly succumbing to the darkness.

So that was a lot. Be ready for more drama in the next chap...But putting that aside, this was my first time writing Daemon's POV! What did u think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 165K 41
Book #1 in the 'Mine' series Meet Ben, the omega of the Red Forrest pack. This pack doesn't treat their omegas badly because their omegas, everyone...
21.3K 589 33
ward (w•oar•d) transitive verb. to keep watch over : guard ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ Jackson Ward is next in line to take over as Alpha for his pack, the Sylvan Ash P...
1.4M 57.2K 65
𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐀 The exiled omega who has yet to shift or experience heat. 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐗 The confident new head Alpha of the unshaken Shadowclaw pack who yearns...
4.7M 173K 150
**18+** COMPLETED*** Adrian is delicate... Gentle... Too sweet for his own good. All he cares about is his books and the quiet hum of life that is hi...