Cupid Shinobi: Naruto Fanfic

By Ryuu_Tsukima

*The art cover is by our lovely friend @EMOPHASEWHENIWASAKID* Y/n is known as the Cupid Shinobi in the villag... More

Y/n Bio
Y/n Kanroji Kocho
Team Assembles
Meeting and Training
Let The Test Begin!
You Fail!
A Dangerous Mission!
The Demon Vs. The Slayer!
Be Prepared
New Healing
Round 2 Leaf vs. Mist
Fate meets again
What happened?
New Improve
A Good Day
Y/n x GN! Reader One shot
Chunin Exam
Meeting new team!
Rookie Face Off!
The Written Exam
Death Forest!
Unknown Threat!
Snake Vs Butterfly
The Heartbreak
Love Rage
The Third Test
First round
Puppet Master
Cupid's Sadistic
Team 7B's wrath
The Power of Wind and Shadow
Top Dog Unleash!
Naruto's Surprise Weapon!
Byakugan Battle!
Stand out!
The Power of Youth!
Forbidden Secret Jutsu
A Splendid Ninja Is Born!
Interview Q&A
Shadow in Darkness
The Stone Sensei
Stone Heart
Deadly Heart Attack
Sheer Cold
The Bounding Day
Bonding With Poison
The Evil Hand Revealed
The Final Round
Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone
Ultimate Defense
A Failure's True Power
Hit it or Quit it
Zero Motivation
Dancing Blood Lust
The Technique Is Born!
The Konoha Crush Begins!
Village in Distress
A Call to Strike
Hokage Battle Royale!
A Mistake from the Past
Dead Demon Consuming Seal!
Panda's Identity Emerges!
Pushed to the Edge!
Assassin of the Moonlit Night
Light vs. Dark
The Sand Demon
Cursed Mark AU
Ninja Handbook
Interview Q&A Part 2
The Third Hokage, Forever...
Return of the Morning Mist
Sharingan vs. Sharingan!
Potential Disaster!
Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
Hate Among the Uchihas: The Last of the Clan!
A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
Keep on Training: Pop Goes the Sound!
The God and The Angel: Unforgettable Night!!

Tenth Question

4K 158 8
By Ryuu_Tsukima

No One POV:

It took about five minutes as Y/n was able to get the answer while also helping Ino memorize the answer before releasing "him" from the Jutsu. Y/n then released the Jutsu once he realizes that it was almost over, and a lot of candidates were gone now. The butterfly will get a notice from all the open areas.

"All right! Listen up! Here's the tenth question! But before I give it to you...there are some more rules you need to be aware of. These rules are unique to question ten, listen carefully and try not to let them frighten you." Ibiki said.

Everyone stays silent as they waited to form him. "Very well then. Rule number one: each of you is free to choose not to be given the final question. It's your decision."

"Whoa. So, what's the catch? Let's say we decide we don't want to do it. What happened then?" The voice said as he turns to see that it was Temari.

"If you chose not to answer the tenth question, regardless of the answers to the other nine, you'll get a zero- in other words, you'll fail." Ibiki answered, "And that means your team fails as well."

Many people panicked and whisper at each other as Y/n thoughts couldn't process. It's like he's torturing them with all these rules. 

First, it was the not get cheat now it's about the tenth question. Y/n notice something from when he thought of torture.

All the things he's saying, have a meaning. The problem was how he was saying it. He was making them complicated to make people overthink things. 

Like a mental technique to mess with someone.

Y/n smiled as he raised his hand. "Ara Ara~?" Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Haku, and others jolted from his tone as his team knows it well. "There's another catch isn't there~. Let's say we accept the question, then what~?"

Many people were confused by the question as they whisper to one another. "What are you talking about?" One spoke out. 

"Well let's decide to think simply. If we were to not take the question then we fail but there's always next year, that's the catch. So, if we were to take the question, what's the catch to that~?" Y/n did a close eye smile.

"Yes." Ibiki smiled like he was having fun. "If you do accept the question but answer it incorrectly, you will not only fail...BUT YOU'LL BE BANNED FROM TAKING THE EXAM EVER AGAIN!"

Y/n was a shock but that lead to his thought being right. There was a catch and it's a dangerous one.

"Hey, that's such bull-man!" A loud voice came from Kiba. "That's ridiculous. What kind of bogus rule is that? There are lots of people here who've taken the test before." 

Akamaru barked in agreement.

"I guess you're just...unlucky. I wasn't making the rules before, but I am now. Of course, if you don't want to take it, you don't have to. If you're not feeling confident, then, by all means, skip it. You can come back next year." Ibiki laughed.

"Don't underestimate me! I don't quit and I don't run! You guys can act tough all you want. You aren't gonna scare me! No way! I don't care if I get stuck on a Genin for the rest of my life! I'll still be Hokage someday!" Naruto slammed his hands on the table.

After Naruto had finished his little speech, he sat down with his arm crossed. Y/n cheeks puff as he tries not to laugh, 'Don't laugh! Don't laugh! Don't laugh!'

"This decision could change your life. If for any reason you would rather quit, now's your last chance." Ibiki said once again.

"I think Naruto has said it for all of us," Haku confirmed. 

"That's right, that's the way of the ninja." Naruto finished.

Y/n felt relieved as he knows that Naruto can't think as his team can. But yet he was always able to come up with inspiring words.

The watchers nodded at Ibiki, one by one they smiled. He nodded back at them, "Well then, I admire your determination if nothing else. And that's for me to tell you...that you've all passed the first exam!"

Y/n couldn't hold it as he laughed as people look at him as crazy. Ibiki then joined in the laugh from the faces.

"Hold on! Why are you two laughing! Where's the tenth question?!" Sakura asks.

"S-S-Sakura, that was the tenth question!" Y/n said trying to calm down. 

"HAHA! The boy is right! For you guess to choose to stay was the tenth question." Ibiki smiled.

"Wait a second. So the other nine questions you gave us were just a waste of time. Is that what you're saying? Another thing, why are you laughing!" Temari demanded pointing at Y/n who calm down.

"I laughed because of the faces but also because I just now realize all of this part," Y/n confesses. 

"W-What do you mean?" Naruto asks. 

"The whole test was simple, it was for us to use not get caught cheating," Y/n said as others were still confused.

"But all the rules that he says-!" Sakura yelled but Y/n caught her off, "Was to mess with us. The overall test was simple but he worded it in a way to mess with our minds. Making us overthink and to have us purposely mess up."

"The boy is correct. The test was to see how deceptive you guys are in a tough situation with problems like this. The nine questions had a purpose, to test your ability to surreptitiously gather strategic intelligence under the most adverse circumstances." Ibiki explained

"Oh, well that clears up everything," Temari said cooling down. 

"Here let me explain." Y/n smiled as they turn so they can hear more.

"The whole reason for the test was to test us as individuals, but also as a team. It was to see how we function as a part of a team. It's the reason why the test was being scored on a team basis, so we can know that everything we did or failed to do, would also affect our teammates. He wanted us to see how we do under pressure like this." Y/n said.

"I figured it was something like that." Naruto nodded. "That's why I kept my cool."

"The first nine questions on the test were difficult," Ibiki continued. "As you may have realized, too difficult for Genin to be expected to solve. I imagine that most of you came to that conclusion, that you'd have to cheat if you had any chance to pass. The fact is, the test was designed to encourage cheating. It almost demanded it. Of course, it would've done you little good unless you had someone to cheat from, so I disguised two Chunin who already knew the answer and had them sit with you."

Two people raise their hands. One was sitting in front of Y/n and the other across the room.

"You had to be a complete fool not to see it. Isn't that right Hinata?" Naruto asked him.

'Wow...he was clueless the entire time...' Y/n sweatdropped.

"Those who were caught failed. Better not cheat than to cheat clumsy." Ibiki reached for his headband and untie it. "Information. It can be the most valuable weapon in battle. How well your father's intelligence can determine whether a mission is a failure or a success. There will be times you'll have to risk your life to get it."

After he untie it, everyone could see what was underneath. The top of his head was scarred, bruised, nearly damaged all over it.

Y/n look at him with sympathy as he couldn't imagine what he have been through to get that.

"Of course, you must always consider the source of your information. Intelligence gathered from an enemy is not necessarily accurate. Always bear this in mind, disinformation can be worse than no information at all. It can lead to the death of comrades or the loss of a village. That is why I put you in this position where you had to gather accurate intelligence. Cheat to survive. And that's why those who weren't good enough at it weeded out, leaving the rest of you."

"Okay, but I'm still not getting what the tenth question thing is about," Temari asked. 

"You're not? The tenth question was the main point of the whole exam. Surely, you see that." Ibiki said in reply.

"Sure. But explain it anyway." Sakura requested.

"It's like I said before, the goal was to test us not only as individuals but as a whole team," Ibiki said patiently. "The final question gave you guys two options, both difficult. You could choose to play it safe and skip the question, though it meant you and your team would be failed. Or you could try and answer it, knowing if you got it wrong, you would lose the chance of ever being Chunin. It was a no-win situation."

Ibiki turned to Y/n as he understood what he was talking about.

"However just the sort Chunin have to face almost every day. Like this type of mission." Y/n came up with one. "To steal a document from an enemy stronghold. You have no idea how many ninjas the enemy has, or how heavily armed they are. Furthermore, you have reason to believe that the enemy except you, that you might be walking into a trap. It leads to the question, do you have the options on this being a possible suicide mission? Can you avoid danger? The only simple answer is no. There's going to be many missions similar to it."

Y/n notice how many people were staring at him as he blush a little that he was ranting, however, his mind went back to his aunt Kanae when he "first handed" experienced what she had been through.

"But you don't think about it. You think only of the goal, and of achieving it through courage and discipline. Those are the qualities required of a Chunin squad leader. Those whose determination falters in the face of adversity, those who would put their comrade's lives in jeopardy by worrying about their own, those who would save their necks at the price of sacred honor will never be able to call themselves Chunin."

Ibiki smiled at Y/n before he spoke again, "As for the rest of you, you have successfully answered the tenth question I put to you. You have earned the right to continue to the next step. You have passed through the first gate. I hereby declared this part of the Chunin selection exam completed. There's nothing left, but to wish you all good luck."

Y/n sign in to relieve that he can rest his brain as Naruto cheered loudly.

Then something crashed into the window, and a woman with purple hair and dark green eyes was suddenly standing in front of a large banner. 

"Heads up boys and girls! This is no time to celebrate! I'll be your proctor, Mitarashi Anko. Are you ready for the test?" She pumped her fist in the air. "Good! Then let's go! Follow me!"

Everyone looked at her crazy and shocked. However...

'That was so cool! The way how she appear and made her entrance! Amazing!' Y/n thought.

"How many are there? Ibiki, you let them all pass? Your test was too easy. You must be getting soft." Anko scoffed, flashing him a small glare.

"Or it could be a stronger crop of candidates this year," Ibiki argued back, not being fazed by the insults.

"Hmm." Anko glances around them. "They sure don't look like it. Trust me, before I'm done with them, more than half will be eliminated." She chuckled. "This is gonna be fun."

She looked at everyone again as she raised her voice. "Alright you maggots have had it easy so far, but things are going to be different starting first thing in the morning. I'll let your squad leaders know where you're to meet me. Dismissed."

Everyone hurried off, as Y/n walked out as he hear a gasp coming from the lady Anko. However, he didn't hear more from her.

"Well, I'll be damn. That boy looks just like his mother." Anko noticed the features.

"You should see how he acted. That boy gave out an ara like him almost like a sadist having fun mocking me." Ibiki mentioned recalling the smile. "I even remember how he went off on one kid with a smile."

"HAHAHA! Holy shit! Just like Shinobu huh, well I wonder how he is in battle. You think he gets it from who?" Anko ask being curious.

"I hope not from his father, I can't deal with another one. Especially with a smile like his mother and let's not forget the strength." Ibiki shakes his head.

"I forgot! Please, Kami! Please have him like his father and have the strength of his mother! Oh, how fun it would be!" Anko prayed.

"Yeah for you. You were the only one that can deal with Shinobu's insults and his sadistic methods." Ibiki left.

'Let's just hope he doesn't fall as his father has.'

(o・ω・o)ノ++++++++++ヽ(o・ω・o)

Ibiki and Anko see Y/n and realize that he's Shinobu's son.

Ibiki: Oh no...

Anko: Oh yes...hehehehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 116 17
Sanemi Shinazugawa is the hot-headed wind hashira who 'hates' the quiet, secretly sensitive, and motherly water hashira Giyu Tomioka. But lately, San...
421 18 12
My purpose for life changed when I saw Naruto. He was resting on the end of my hospital bed. Colors rushed back in my life. His bright blonde hair an...
15K 308 46
⚠️ Trauma|Sexual Content!⚠️ Sasuke and Naruto have been bestfriends for years, not knowing one of the biggest secrets their parents held from them. W...
74.7K 1.7K 11
"Are you sure about this?" He whispered in my ear. "No. Sasuke, are you?" "Of course. This is a dream come true." He smirked. "Do it Sasuke. Prove...