Forever | MaNan

Od SamairaRajput

Sequel for Arrange Marriage but can be read as Standalone also. ---- Manik and Nandini. They both didn't know... Viac

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 | Alternate Ending.
What Heart Wants
Signing off.

Chapter 13

6.9K 971 448
Od SamairaRajput

I wish someone told me how shitty growing up could be! Life is literally a mess sometimes and I just don't know how to handle it all.

I hope you people are doing good. Once again, I am extremely sorry for being so inactive here. Trying my best to write fast, and you guys would love to know I have the next chapter almost ready too, and you can expect it next week itself.

Feel free to share your views on this chapter..

Also, Can you people suggest me some MaNan Arrange Marriage books with some simple and practical storyline? Really in need for some good suggestions..

Thankyou!

______

"Bhai, please come fast! Bhabhi fell down the stairs, we have taken her to Health and Care hospital."

The words stared right at Manik through the mobile screen, knocking out his breathe. He let out a loud curse before running out of his cabin and the company. It gave him a deja vu feeling, the situation almost similar to what he had faced few months back.

That time, it was a good news waiting for him and this time, he just didn't know. Nandini had fallen down the stairs, he didn't know how. He just knew, she was in the hospital waiting for him and he needed to reach fast.

And as if luck was not on his side, the road was packed with heavy traffic.

Manik slammed his hand hard on the steering wheel, cursing out loud again. He had this sudden urge to punch every single person who was stopping him from reaching hospital.

He needed to go. His wife was in the hospital, injured and she needed him. Even though she had everyone else, Manik knew no one would be able to handle her if something bad happened.

The thought only made him feel sick from inside. He gripped the steering wheel tight and his mobile rang at the same time. His mother's name flashed on the screen.

Manik: Maa!

Niyonika: Where are you, Manik?

She cried from the other end. Manik gulped, the dread growing in his stomach. His mother was a strong woman unless something really messes up.

Manik: I am coming, Maa. Is Nandini and my baby fine?

Silence.

And a loud sob.

Manik gulped, his muscles twitched and grip tightening further to the point his knuckles turned white.

Manik: I am coming.

The call was cut and Manik looked ahead. Anger filling inside him at no one particular.

Manik: For God's sake move! Damit!

He shouted out loud. A couple of heads turned to him but Manik was too busy to even spare them a glance.

It was god damn thirty minutes he was stuck in the traffic. Something was not right, and he could feel it.

Please be safe, both of you. He prayed to her Ayiyappa and thankfully the traffic was clear and he drove to the hospital like a mad person.

Manik: Mrs.Nandini Manik Malhotra.

Dub dub dub. Manik could feel his heart pounding loud in his chest as he asked for her room number at the reception. His eyes were wet with tears threatening to fall any moment. He needed to hold on.

The receptionist infront of him looked at him with her eyes full of pity. The last time Manik came here, she had wished him and Nandini a healthy baby. Time changed really quick.

Manik's heart ache badly. He needed to get out of here.

Receptionist: Room no 105, first floor, Sir.

Manik wanted to snap at the sympathy in her tone but instead he found himself turning around and running inside.

With every step he took, Manik's heart felt more heavy. He sniffled as he spotted their families outside her room. They all seemed to be crying. Manik saw his mothers in front of the door, supporting each other. Navya, Rhea and Sia together in a corner, trying to stop a crying Mukti. Abhi and Arya in another corner. Karan was nowhere to be find while his own father sat on the bench in worry.

Manik: Maa!

Manik let out a shaky whisper. All of their heads turned to him and their fallen faces were enough to confirm the news waiting for him was anything but pleasant.

Manik: Maa- N- Nandini?

He asked, his stomach churning at the thought of her being injured. She had to be fine. She would be fine. He was not giving her any other option.

Manik: a-and my b-baby?

Manik swore he saw everyone's changing expression at the mention of his baby. Was his baby dead? He looked at his mother who instead if replying, sobbed turning away her face.

Manik ran a hand over his face in anxiety. He walked to his mother and held her hand with his shivering ones. He opened his mouth, wanting to ask so much but closed it, unable to form even a word. Instead he licked his dry lips and gulped.

Manik: M-Maa- Tell me, Nandini is okay, right? And my b-baby?

He asked again, too anxious and desperate to know if they both were alright but Niyonika kept on sobbing, unable to say anything. Manik looked at everyone else but nobody had the courage to come forward and tell him anything.

Doctor: Manik?

Manik turned around facing the middle aged lady doctor who was in charge of Nandini's pregnancy. Manik remembered everytime he and Nandini had visited the doctor, how happy they were.

Nandini was absolutely healthy and their baby was doing so good.

Manik hurried to the doctor while everyone else followed him.

Manik: Doctor- How's my wife? And my child?

Doctor: Manik- We need to talk. Please follow me.

The doctor looked serious and in hurry as she walked to her cabin. Somewhere Manik knew what was coming ahead. He looked at his mother who only turned away her face from him.

Manik gulped, fear taking the best of him.

Manik had never thought he would hate hospital to this extent. His wife was a doctor and he was not supposed to, but it was the second time she was hurt and here, unconscious. He was told she would wake up in an hour or so. And to say, it did no help to him.

Now, He was sitting infront of Nandini's doctor, waiting for her to speak. Every single second felt like an eternity. Manik wanted the earth to open up and swallow him whole.

The extent of helplessness he felt at this particular moment, Manik couldn't describe it. It was probably the first time he didn't know how his wife was, how his child was doing, all he knew was something was wrong and he was not with them.

The realisation only scared him more. He needed to see her.

Manik: D-Doctor, tell me please!

Doctor: Manik, Please listen to me calmly. Nandini and your baby, both are fine.

For a moment, Manik kept staring at the doctor. He blinked and a huge sigh of relief left his lips. He felt the burden being lifted up from his chest. He could breathe now. He almost smiled when the doctor continued.

Doctor: But- Although, the child is safe for now - we can't assure you of Nandini's safety, Manik.

Manik: What!?

Doctor: Nandini only fell down few stairs, so there was not any outer injury but internally, there had been enough damage, Manik. It is a miracle in itself that the baby survived but Nandini, she is not in a good shape right now.

Manik: W-What- do you mean doctor?

Doctor: Nandini can lose her life, Manik. I would not suggest you both to keep this baby. It is better you both go for abortion. There's no way she would survive the birth process. The chances are next to zero.

Numb. Is that how it feels when your heart stops beating all together? Manik was not sure. His whole word had came crashing down in seconds, and he could only sit and watch without doing anything.

Abortion?

Nandini wouldn't survive?

It could only be a scary nightmare. Manik kept sitting there in utter shock, knowing if not the chair his knees would have given up already. He had his eyes wide in horror, breathe stuck and his heart almost dropped down to his stomach.

How could this happen?

Manik, It is just a baby, our baby. What harm could our own baby cause?

Nandini's voice rang in his mind like a tickling clock. Nandini was right. It is there baby. Why would their own baby cause harm to his or her mother?

Doctor: Manik? Are you okay?

Manik: I- W-What are you saying doctor?

Doctor: Manik, I know this is difficult for you and Nandini, but there is nothing we can do. It is either Nandini or your baby.

Either Nandini or your baby. Did the doctor just told him to choose between his heart and life?

Doctor: Choose wisely, Manik. The decision lies on you and Nandini. And remember, we don't have much time, Manik. You have a week only. You both need to decide fast.

Manik didn't even had the energy to nod at the doctor. He silently stood up and left the cabin. His mind was going haywire. Nothing made any sense anymore.

How could he choose between Nandini and their baby?

His feet functioned on their own, taking him to where the others stood. They all looked tensed and crying for Nandini and the baby.

His mother held him as soon as he was in her reach. He stared at her, so numb from the heart breaking news and she cried out loud looking at his condition.

Manik felt her wrapping her arms around his large figure. His head ducked on her shoulder on its own.

Did they all know?

Everything made sense now. This was the bad news his mother couldn't say at phone. This was the reason his mother couldn't meet his eyes anymore.

But Manik didn't blame them. What could they have told him? - That you are supposed to kill your own blood? That's what the doctor had suggested.

An abortion.

In order to save Nandini, they needed to go for abortion but the point was, would Nandini agree? Because Manik knew his wife, she would prefer dying rather than killing their own blood.

Manik needed to think fast. There had to be a way. He -

Niyonika: Manik!

Manik came out of his thoughts and saw his mother still crying in his arms. He hugged her back, tight and firm. The motherly warmth wrapped around him immediately and with every passing second, Manik felt himself growing weaker and weaker. Within few moments, Manik was sobbing in his mother's arms.

Manik: M-Maa-

He could hear everyone crying along him but he was too much in his own grief to even acknowledge them.

Manik: W-Why? W-Why us, Maa?

He asked, still not able to process what had happened. They were so happy. He had left for office in such a happy mood in the morning. He was planning to celebrate her birthday in the evening. Nandini loved fireworks and he had this whole team ready to surprise her. Everything was so damn perfect and now, nothing was right.

Nandini had fallen down the stairs, and she could no longer birth their baby. He had no idea how was she going to take this. She would break down, no she would die.

Niyonika had no answer to his question. She tried to console him but Manik physically moved back. He wiped his face harshly and looked at everyone else before walking to the room.

He stood outside, peeking through the small round glass window. There she was, laying on the hospital bed still sleeping. She didn't even know what had happened. Manik felt the sudden need to hug her and cry hard.

Ayesha: Manik, Please bacha.

Manik looked down at her. His eyes red and burning from the tears. Ayesha only cried more seeing his condition. If this was him, she couldn't dare to imagine what her daughter's state might be.

Manik: How did this happen?

Manik had strictly warned her not to step on the stairs alone. He had even instructed Mukti, Navya and Niyonika to never leave her alone.

Manik saw Mukti walk forward with teary eyes and guilt written all our her face. One glance of her, and Manik knew he was not going to like what she had to say but he stood silent, angry and helpless.

Mukti: I-It is all my mistake, Bhai. I took Bhabhi upstairs to show her something. Cabir bhai and Navya bhabhi joined us, and we were just c-choosing baby's name when Cabir bhai said something and Bhabhi ran behind him. Aryaman bhai called bhabhi to wish and she was talking to him. Z-Zubin called me so I went to the balcony a-and b-bhabhi went downstairs alone-

Mukti was sobbing out loud as she narrated everything to him. Manik could tell how much she was scared of him for she was literally shaking in fear. She thought he will blame her but he knew nobody could be blamed.

He was angry at her, yes the anger was there that she even took Nandini upstairs and then let her go alone. Nandini was stubborn, specially due to her pregnancy hormones but Mukti, she knew it could be harmful. She knew the situation and she left her alone. She was careless but it was not entirely her fault and then, there was no use of crying over split milk.

Mukti: I am sorry bhai!

Manik turned away his face, his own heart heavy. He didn't want to, but he couldn't help it.

Cabir: H-how will we tell Bhabhi?

He heard Cabir ask but he didn't reply. What should he say? They have to tell her this and even if they won't, she will feel it.

He was there but he wasn't sure if she would let him in. His wife had a bad habit of shutting everyone off.

Another hour and Nandini finally gained consciousness. Everyone stood outside waiting for the another one to go ahead. They had to tell her.

Doctor had told them they only had a week. Since Nandini was already in fifth month, they could not stale things for long.

While they all looked at Manik in a hope he would enter first, Manik found himself freezing. He couldn't even move from his place. How would he face her?

And they wanted him to tell her this dreadful news.

Manik: I-I can't do this!

His hand trembled as he dropped it from the door knob. Only a few steps and he would face her. The thought didn't help him a bit.

Karan: Manik, I know it is difficult time for you but you also know it is only you who can handle Nandini right now. You have to tell her. Go inside, beta. Please.

Manik gulped. A headache had started to form already. He looked at each of them. They all looked heartbroken and it broke his heart more. He sighed, praying that God would atleast show a little mercy on them.

Manik opened the door and entered inside, leaving both the families crying outside.

Inside, Nandini laid on the bed. Eyes full of tears and heart heavy. She looked scared as she had her palm clutching her swollen belly. Manik bite down his lower lip as she turned to him.

He looked messed up, his shirt crumbled and out of his pants, tie hanging loosely around his neck and sleeves half folded. His face wet with tears and eyes red.

Nandini wanted to crack a smile for survivng this accident but a glance of Manik and she found herself sobbing. Seeing her state, Manik rushed to her immediately.

Manik: Nandini!

Nandini tried to get up from the bed but Manik was fast enough to reach her before she could. Before she knew, he hugged her as tight as he could and burst out crying.

She sobbed uncontrollably, thinking what could have actually happened. Manik felt her clutch his shirt tight in her grip while tears fell down his own eyes. She looked up and he saw the fear of losing their own child in her eyes.

Manik: Shh.. It is okay. Stop crying.

Manik shook his head and wiped her tears with his thumb but Nandini only cried more. Worried she might worsen her state, Manik sat beside her while trying to calm her down.

Nandini: I-I am sorry, Manik! I d-don't n-know- b-bhai came and I-I just w-wanted to go d-down, Manik! I d-don't-

She cried more. Manik wondered how was he going to tell her the truth. If this was her now, what would happen when he tell her the truth?

Manik: N-Nandini-

Nandini: N-No Manik! W-We could have lose the baby because of my stupidity!

Manik: Listen to me.

Manik demanded, but Nandini continued to shed tears. She shook her head as he cupped her cheek firmly and made her look at him.

Manik: You love me, right?

Nandini blinked, and Manik knew she had sensed something off with him. She looked at him with her wide eyes filled with fear and Manik knew he had to tell her. It was now or never.

He was not going to lose her.

Nobody harms her, not even their baby.

Manik: Abort the baby, Nandini.

And Manik had made his choice,

His wife over their baby.

To Be Continued.

Oh My! Did I do this? Ah. Yes, I feel so evil but as I had said earlier, I am going to be cruel.

Forever is all about handling it all together so basically, this is what meant.. to see how they would handle themselves in this situation.

Also, I have no idea why you people thought Manik would blame Nandini.. I mean we all know Manik, Don't we?

Also, I saw how many of you didn't like this turn. I get you guys, really. I had literally banged my head on wall so many times feeling like an evil bitch while writing this but then, I really never planned Forever without this. So yeah, you can say this turn in the story is the reason we even had Forever at the first place.

While I do understand Forever is a happy place for many of you, I only want to say I didn't want to make it clichest. I wanted to keep it a little practical and then.. Life is not a bed of roses, now is it?

I hope you people understand my pov too.

Feel free to share your views.

Thankyou, Have a nice day ahead.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

257K 15.1K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
The Infinity Love! Od D.

Všeobecná beletria

423K 29.3K 113
Hey peepz! I'm new here. It's my first story. So Manik and Nandini's love inspires me alot. So I thought why not give it a shot by some other plot. ...
70.7K 4.9K 5
~Two Shots on MaNan~ The story contains majority of Hindi and Urdu dialogues. Submit the queries in comment box! Peep in you will enjoy.. *Parth Sam...
227K 14.8K 38
Arranged Marriage?...but is it really an Arranged Marriage when both Manik and Nandini are already dating? How does it become an arranged marriage if...