You saved me

By sadanne101

Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
22
Chapter 23
Part 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 7

904 26 0
By sadanne101

Meredith's POV:
Saturday Morning

So I guess when Derek said we would be grabbing a ferry boat early he really did mean early it's currently 5am and he said he would pick me up at 5:30am. I wasn't sure about giving him my address but for some reason I trusted him enough to know where I lived, just hope he's not a serial killer who likes to prey on young women like me. My instincts have been wrong before. I brushed my hair and put on some tan colour pants and a plain t shirt then went downstairs to grab my coat. The good thing about meeting him this early is that 1 I'm used to being up all different hours and 2 I would be back maybe just after Ellis is up if anything I would be interrupting her cartoon time which she wouldn't be too happy about. Thinking about that caused a smile on my face as I stared into the mirror to check my hair. I don't usually wear makeup but today I put on just a little blush and some mascara not much but recently Iv been looking like something out of the walking dead, I wouldn't want to scare Derek off yet.

I remember telling him to text me when he was here not to honk or come to the door as Alex would be asleep and I wouldn't want to wake him up. I noticed the time then went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked down at my phone and saw a message from Derek pop up and I couldn't help but smile. To be honest I was quite looking forward to seeing him so I hurried up what I was doing then grabbed my bag. I left the note I had earlier wrote and left it on the door. I know I had told Alex already but I can't help but repeat myself.

I closed the front door behind me and took each one of the steps down to the driveaway where Derek was. He was leaning against the front of his car with a grin on his face. I walked over to him and returned a smile.

'Hey.' he said guiding me to the passenger door and opening it for me.

'Hey.' I followed him to the door where he took my bag.

I sat down and put my belt on then heard the other door open which was Derek he rubbed his hands together before looking at me slightly confused.

'You know we are going on the ferry and it is very early.'

'Well yes Derek or else I wouldn't be sitting in this car.' I flung my hands up.

He laughed 'What I'm saying is that it is cold do you want to grab a bigger coat?'

'No my little jacket will be just fine.' I smiled whilst pulling my jacket across my breasts.

'Fine but don't complain to me when you get cold.'

'I don't complain.' I playfully mocked.

'Mhmmm.'

We went to grab some coffee like agreed from this little coffee shop just 10 minutes down from where I live. We went in and ordered and I went to pay when Derek's hand reached in front of mine.

'No I've got this consider it my treat.'

I tilted my head and nodded 'Alright but then the next one is on me.'

'We will see'

We got back in the car and 20 minutes later we were there I looked out the top of the window to see the ferry.

'I remember gazing at the ferries when I was younger they looked so big I was sort of scared of them.'

Derek turned to me. 'Scared of them?'

'A small 5 year old sitting alone by the docks seeing all the boats go by then a huge ferry comes along, yes I would say scared.' I laughed.

'Sitting alone?' Derek asked turning off the car.

'Well I wouldn't sit with a stranger.' I unbuckled my belt and grabbed my bag ready to open the door and get out. I didn't wait to see Derek's face after I had said that I made it awkward probably. We both got out and Derek led me over to the booth where we would buy a ticket for the ferry. I ran in front of Derek and brought two tickets before he could say anything.

'You got the coffee's earlier these are on me.' I held the Ticket out to Derek.

'You know typically I would pay for these as I was the one who invited you out here.' He gave me a mcdreamy smile.

'Well I'm not a typical woman.' I said to him stepping backwards to the deck.

For the first time in my life I felt something I never had before. Safe. I didn't even know Derek but he had something to him.

-----

We boarded the ferry Derek moving to the side to allow me to walk on before him. I don't understand why he was acting like a gentlemen, it isn't the 1950s.

'You know you don't have to act like an all proper gentlemen around me.' I giggled.

He furrowed his brow at me 'What do you mean?'

'Opening my door, allowing me to walk in front and buying me my coffee.'

'What can I say I have manners. Why wouldn't I do that for you?'

'I-I don't know guess I was over reacting making something big out of something so small.' We walked over to a bench on the outside of the ferry at the top of the deck.

He placed a hand on my shoulder 'Hey it's fine, don't be silly just know that I will always do this.'

I sent a sweet smile.

'So Meredith whilst we are here I want to know more about you.' He turned to me.

My eyes widened. What was I meant to say. Why did he want to know things about me? What part of my life did he want to know. Oh I had a kid at 21, I don't speak to her father anymore who was oh by the way my abusive ex boyfriend. My mother died of Alzheimer's though her presence is still with me no matter what I do to try and change that. I will always be known as her failure.

'Oh-uhm .. well what do you want to know?' I nervously looked at him.

'Where did you grow up? Any siblings? Hobbies?'

'Well here, Seattle until I was 5 then I lived in Boston until my first year of high school which is where I moved back here. No siblings, that I am aware of. Wouldn't as much say it was a hobby but I enjoy taking walks to soak up everything around me. It's probably just me but being so focused on work sometimes makes me forget that there is a whole world around me that I haven't explored. I'm free to do whatever I want you know? Sorry I began rambling for a moment didn't I? That's another thing about me.'

Derek just looked at me not saying anything. All he did was show a wide smile.

'What?' I laughed.

'Nothing. There's just something about you that is so interesting.'

'Oh. Nope nothing interesting about me.'

'I believe there is.'

Quickly I changed the topic. 'So I answered your questions what about you? Where did you grow up? Any siblings? Hobbies?'

He exhaled a short breath. 'New York. All my life. I moved here to Seattle last year for well as you could guess chief position. But look at that outcome.' He laughed before continuing on. 'Four sisters, always wanted a brother. Nancy, Kathleen, Elizabeth and Amelia but I call her Amy. Hobbies? I like fishing, I love nature I'm an outdoor person. I understand what you mean by taking in everything around you, it makes you stop for a moment. And for the record I like your rambling I think it's cute.'

The nature thing caught me as if he couldn't be more dreamier. Someone sort of understood me. Also I couldn't believe what he said 4 sisters! God I wanted a sister growing up . Though I'm sort of glad I didn't I wouldn't want anyone else to go through stuff that happened to me growing up, especially with Ellis Grey.

'So what's the plan now then. As the chief position has now been filled. Sorry about that by the way.' I jokingly mocked motioning to myself.

'Honestly I don't know what's next on the list of plans. For a weird reason Seattle is having an effect on me. I like my set up here now.'

'Is that what's keeping you here then ... your new ... did you call it a set up? What does that entail.'

'Set up? Well my set up is probably not what you would expect.' He paused for a moment staring in my eyes 'And there's other things that are going to be keeping me here.'

'Now I'm intrigued.'

'My life in New York was .. was so typical.' He rubbed his hand across his forehead.

'Typical?'

'Boring. No change and then I realised that it wasn't anything that I wanted. I wanted to run off to the woods. When I received that call off of Richard it was my opportunity. I haven't told anyone this not even my family. I don't know why I am telling you. Once I landed here in Seattle exploring it rather, I came across nearly forty acres of woodland. I brought it. I now live there in a trailer and have absolutely no idea what to do with so much land.'

I looked at him blankly for a moment before my face lit up. 'You have forty acres of land and have no idea what to do with it.'

He too began laughing at the sentence 'I have no idea what to do with it.'

---

Derek drove me back to mine and as he pulled into my drive. There was a moment. We were both looking at each other. No words. I noticed his eyes look down to my lips which lead mine to look at his. Slowly we both moved towards each other. Our lips almost touching. Though before it went further I shot my head up instantly feeling guilty. Everything that had happened years ago suddenly flashed before me. I needed to speak to Alex. Now. Before I broke down in front of Derek for a stupid reason. No matter how badly I wanted to follow through on that kiss I can't. Things would get messy.

I hesitantly looked at Derek 'I s-should uhm, I need to get inside.'

He repositioned himself before clearing his throat 'Y-yeah, I guess Alex and Ellis are waiting for you.' He turned away.

My heart fell into my stomach and him ushering my daughter's name planted fear in me. How did he know about my daughter. I can't do this.

'How do you know about Ellis?'

'Huh?'

'How do you know about Ellis! I know you have seen her but I never told you her name!'

'Ellis I met her the other day she was sat in Alex's lap. The day I came looking for you, for the patients chart. What's the deal with me knowing about Alex's daughter?'

'Excuse me?' I whispered in slight shock.

He didn't say anything except continue to give me a confusing look.

'Derek, Ellis isn't Alex's daughter. She's mine.'

Thankyou for reading please vote and comment :)

Also check out my other story if you haven't already

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2K 24
Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and goes to her home city - Seattle to reun...
1.2M 29.4K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...
91.1K 1.9K 40
Now a Neurosurgeon fellow Dr. Sienna Connors is now looking for the perfect hospital to work at during her fellowship year and she hopes to become an...
18.9K 1K 45
Meredith Grey is a new Elementary teacher who just moved to Seattle, she works at Seattle Grace Elementary. Derek is a Neurosurgeon and works at Seat...