The Unbreakable Dancer

By lushwriterlvr

Tessa Wren is a painter(who can also secretly dance) at the Maryland School of the Arts (MSA) and is best fri... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Request Book
A/N
Chapter 29
A/N

Chapter 21

2.2K 49 21
By lushwriterlvr

Dance Again?

Moose POV (Again?)

"I love you too," my girlfriend says to me and walks away.

"You two are such a cute couple," Sean says.

"Yeah, she's perfect," I smile at the walking away Tessa.

"Aww you have those little hearts in your eyes," Sean jokes.

"Shut up man," I nudge him.

****After smoothies****

Sean and I walk out of the smoothie shop and start talking.

"Have you ever heard of the Vortex?" Sean asks me.

"Uh, something on VH1 right?" Sea looks at me weirdly."What Tess, loves VH1."

"Hey nothing," Sean puts his hands up and laughs.

"No, but you should totally enter that. Call The Mob," I suggest. Sean scoffed in response.

"No, come on man. The Mob is like the King of the streets. I mean sure you and Eddy had a little fallout or whatever, but you can't enter alone."

Sean says nothing but keeps walking with me.

"I mean, don't get me wrong back in the day I would have torn that thing up. Y'know what I'm saying?" I joke with him.

"I mean that's not a bad idea. You and I are on a crew together along with Tessa. I have seen you two dance man, it's unbelievable," Sean says.

" I think after college Tess put down dancing as something in the past and wanted to focus on her psychology. You know that once she sets her eyes on something she will never give it up until she gets it. Me, I would love to man but I have a job now. I'm an engineer."

"Come on man. You're the Moose. There's only one Moose," Sean hypes me up.;

"My life is totally different now. I got a lot of responsibility. Dance competitions are fun and all, but they're not really gonna pay the bills," I admit to Sean.

"No, but that's the beauty of it man. This competition does pay the bills even for a while too," he convinces me.

"I get it, man, I just... I can't man I'm sorry. But you should definitely do it," I encourage Sean.

"Okay," Sean says with a smile.

"All right? I'll see you around," I do a quick handshake with Sean and start walking back to Me and Tess's apartment.

"Later man," Sean waves.

Tessa POV

As I am chopping up carrots for dinner, I hear the door open and a 'Hello' comes from someone's mouth. I recognize the voice and know who it is.

"Hi," I greet Moose cheerfully.

"Welcome back. How was your date with Sean?" I joke.

"Haha," Moose dryly laughs and walks over to me and wraps his hands around my waist, and pecks my cheek.

"What was the emergency?"

"Oh, there was a missing file about a criminal who is going on trial this week and according to Steve 'I had the file last.' I didn't even touch that thing. I swear he has something out for me," I rant.

"He's got nothing on you," Moose says.

I stop cutting the carrots and place the knife down. I turn around and wrap my arms around Moose.

"You're amazing you know?" I say to him.

"Not as amazing as you, princess," Moose says and he bends down slightly and puts his lips to mine for a quick passionate kiss.

We pull away and unwrap ourselves from each other.

"Now stop distracting me so that I can finally finish dinner," I joke.

"Okay okay, Moose sits on a chair in our living and turns it so that he can face me.

"How's Sean doing, I didn't really talk to him much before I left?" I ask Moose.

"He's okay," he answers. "He's got this really crazy idea."

"What?"

"It's honestly really crazy." he lets out a small laugh. "You know that ad you saw about The Vortex on VH1?"

I already know where this is going.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Yeah, well he's thinking about entering it and he can kind of pull it off. But the only thing is he has no one to do it with."

"And so well... He kinda asks us to do it."

There it is. Let's play with this.

"He asked for us?" I let out a laugh. I walk away from the kitchen and into the living room area where Moose is.

"I know crazy right."

"You know I can't do it especially now how I can be on call and stuff I wouldn't have the time. So, that sadly would be a no for me." I pause and think for a second

I'm gonna mess with him.

"Oh yeah I told him that ... about you," Moose says.

"Uh-huh, and what about you?" I ask already knowing how he answered.

"No, no I can't. It's completely impractical," he says as he stands up.

"So you have no interest in dancing at all?" I ask him.

"Nope, pretty sure that part of my life is over. Yup, I don't really even think about it anymore really," he says to me.

Does he know that he is a really bad liar? Time to use some reverse psychology.

"Yeah, it was the right call. What would you tell Mr. McGowan? And how would you pull together a crew that fast?" I ask him.

"Exactly," Moose says.

"It's not like you've been keeping up with training or anything-"

"Hey hey hey. I'm in shape, and I've never heard you complain," he jokes.

"But at that level." I suck in a breath for dramatic effect. "I doubt you will be able to pick up where you left off."

"Oh come on. The Moose does not lose these skills." He does a quick turnaround. "Shout it" After he does his little move a smirk appears and my face and he leans back on the chair. He finally realizes what I did.

"Wait a second you set me up."

"Maybe, maybe not," I reply nonchalantly.

Moose pulls me on his lap and he sits down on the couch.

"So you really want me to do this?"

"You wanna do this. And if you want something I want it for you," I admit.

"Really? 'Cause I thought you would've thought it was crazy."

"Please when have I ever become that person."

"You think I could swing it? With my job and everything?" He asks me unsure of himself.

"You're the Dancing Moose. The Dancing Moose figures it out," I hype him up a little. I lean down and give him a kiss.

He kisses back and brings one of his hands to caress my cheek. We pull away and Moose looks me in the eyes.

"I love you so much," he tells me.

"I love you too,"

"Are you sure you don't wanna do it?"

"No, I was joking before. Of course, I want to do it. I can work out the stuff at my job."

Moose lets out a cheerful squeal.

"Do you smell that?" He asks me.

"The chicken!" I yell and run over to the stove to check on it. I fix it so that the chicken could cook evenly.

"That was close," I laugh.

Moose laughs with me and helps me cook the rest of the dinner.

******************************************************************

The next day I walk into my job to talk to my boss about me having time off for the next few weeks.

Then after this, I would meet Moose at his grandparents' place  the Cha Cha Palace, to tell Sean,

"Hey Dr. Reid, this is Tessa Wren need to talk to you about something," I ask knocking on his office door.

"Of course come in, I have something to tell you too."

I walk in and take a seat in the chair in front of his desk.

"Let me start this because I've been meaning to tell you this for a couple of days. You have been promoted!"

"Wow really." said excitedly.

"Yes, you have been working very hard since you got here and always have had clear mine, and you know how to keep your cool in stressful situations. And we've been having a lot of those recently."

I nod my head in agreement.

"What position am I being promoted to? If you don't mind me asking."

"Always been so polite Ms. Wren or should I say Special Agent Expert Wren,"

"What, you got me in with the FBI?"

"Yes, I did, and don't worry you don't have to move anywhere, you will stay in LA. This job is more flexible but you'll still be on calling it just won't be as much. You're young, you shouldn't have to be on call, you're still in your twenties go live your life. Umm responsibly."

(I know this isn't true just pretend this actually happens for this story)

"Thank you, thank you, Dr. Reid. This is amazing," I thank him.

"It's no problem. Now, what did you come in here for?"

"Oh, nothing. It's not important now, is it? Anyway have a good day Dr. Reid."

"Good day Agent Wren."

I walk out of the building and head towards Cha Cha Palace to tell Sean the good news.

**************************************

I walk into the place and see Moose already talking to Sean.

"Hey T," Sean greets me while he climbs down the ladder he's on.

"Hey Sean," I greet back.

"Hey Tess," Moose says and wraps one of his hands around my waist and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey."

"So?" Sean asks.

"I can go!"

"You better not be playing with me," Sean playfully threatens."Wait what about you guy's jobs?"

"We got it figured out," Moose says.

"What about my job. Your grandparents?" Sean asks Moose.

"Oh, they'll be alright. Chad knows how to change a lightbulb. Right Chad?"

Chad nods and goes back to dancing.

"I know just the place to start," Moose says leading us out of the building.

********************************************

After a bit of walking, we enter the building that's like a fashion loft/ photoshoot thing.

What does this place have to do with dancing?

"And we're at a fashion shoot?" Sean asks "I'm confused."

We walk towards the center of the room where much of the room's theme was yellow.

"Oh, I got it," Sean says. "Costumes. Good thinkin'" Sean then turns and looks at the clothes that were hung on the rack.

Moose and I keep walking toward the center of the room. In the center of the room is a model with a poofy yellow dress on and another girl wearing red fixing it while some other girl who I'm guessing is the manager yells at the girl in red.

"Oh my god this looks terrible," one lady walking towards the yellow dress says.

"I told you she would mess this up," another says pointing at the girl in red.

Geez, they're harsh.

The girl in red turns and looks at the two people criticizing what she's doing. The girl looks a little familiar.

"I'm not finished yet. I just need more pins," the girl in red says.

"Pins won't work. What's wrong with you," the first criticizing lady shouts at her. "You're making her look fat."

I don't think that's the dress doing that lady.

"You're making me look fat?" The girl in the yellow dress asks turning toward the girl in red.

"You don't look fat," the girl in red says to her.

The girl in red looks really familiar. Her voice sounds familiar too. Where do I know her from?

"You need to solve this right now! She looks like a whale," criticizing lady yells.

Moose tilts his head like me and he observes the girl a little longer.

Seriously where do I know her from?

"Get me out of this dress," the girl in the yellow dress demands.

"Okay," the girl in red stands up and turns around. "I'm gonna start looking for pins." She starts walking in my direction and I get a good look at her face.

Oh My God! Is that Andie?

Andie stops right in front of us and her jaw drops.

"Is this making me look fat?" Moose jokingly asks gesturing to his outfit.

"Moose! Tessa! What are you two doing here?" Andie gives Moose a hug and then turns and gives me a hug.

When she pulls away from me she looks between me and Moose and her eyes widen a little.

"Are you two finally together?"

"Yes," I say happily.

"Finally! I was getting sick of the goo-goo eyes."

"I did not make goo-goo eyes," Me and Moose said at the same time.

"Okay, but seriously what are you two doing here?"

"Well you're in our new crew," Moose says. "We're gonna dance on live television in Vegas blah blah blah. Come on, we'll catch you up in the car." Moose takes Andie's hand and start taking her in the direction of the exit door.

"Are you talking about that Vortex thing? I have work. Can't," Andie explains.

"Yo! Thin this is a good look for our crew," Sean says turning around with a pair of women's underwear on his head.

Moose stifles a laugh and I stare at Luke.

"Who's the pretty boy?" Andie asks.

"Um, this is Sean. He's an amazing choreographer and dancer. Have you ever heard of The Mob?" Moose explains.

"No," Andie says looking uninterested.

I don't blame her. He didn't make an exactly great first impression.

"How have you not heard of the Mob?" Sean asks looking baffled.

"I don't get out too much," Andie answers.

"Right. And uh who are you?"

Sean don't start.

"Hey, guys relax. Okay," Moose diffuse the situation.

"Sean this is Andie West. She was on the MSA dance crew with me and Moose and is one of the best dancers I know. And Andie The Mob is totally legit and you should check it out. And Sean Andie knows what she's doing," I say to both Sean and Andie.

"Cool, so she will help with the costumes then?" Sean asks sharply.

Sean, shut up.

Andie lets out a dry laugh. "This costume girl could dance circle around your ass."

"Okay good to know," Sean says dismissively.

"Sean!" I say sternly.

"No, T it's cool," Andie says then turns to Sean. "Anytime anyplace."

"Okay, guys. Let's chill okay?" Moose says softly.

Andie ignores Moose and walks away and turns on some music. Then Sean takes off his jacket and gets ready to dance.

"No okay," he mumbles.

I hug his side and he kisses my head.

"On the bright side we get to see Andie sweep the floor with Sean," I say to him.

Sean takes off the arms of a mannequin and stands behind said mannequin and uses his arms to make it look like the mannequin is dancing.

(Did that sentence make any sense, when I typed it, it did sound like much sense to me :D)

"Come on guys, does this always have to end in a big giant dance battle?" Moose yells over the music.

"Moose they're dancers. What do you expect."

Sean and Andie dance around the studio knocking things down and swinging on the swings that were hanging from the ceiling. One swing had the girl in the yellow dress on it and Sean accidentally made the swing that she was on start swinging.

Moose face palms and I do the same.

This is definitely getting Andie fired.

"What is going on here?" the criticizing lady from before yells while bursting into the room. The music stops and we all just stare at her.

The lady starts talking to the girl in the yellow dress and comforting her and she needed help to get down from the swing.

"Hey, you," the lady pointed at Andie "Clean up this mess of you're fired." The lady threatened.

"Eh, clean it up yourselves," Andie says while walking towards the door.

Badass moment.

I give Andie a high five and we along with Moose and Sean walk out of the building to find more people to be a part of our new crew.

*********************************

"Okay guys follow me Vladd is right here," Moose says running towards a group of people.

Vladd? Who's Vladd.

It turns out our Vladd was Robot Guy. I can't believe it took me this long to finally know his name. I feel bad about it.

We all greeted Vladd and he was happy to see us.

Next, we saw these two busted-up sign spinners and the spinner turns out to be the Santiago twins.

We greeted them and introduced them to Andie and Sean.

"Wait I know someone else that can help us. She works right around the corner. Follow me," Andie says and takes off running.

*************

We walked into a diner-like place and we meet this girl named Violet. She had an amazing hairstyle and a great attitude.

We all got introduced and Violet served us up some great food. Then we got our phones out and made some calls to the East Coast.

The first person we called was Kido.

"Hey Kido," Andie greets.

"Hey,"

"I have two questions for you."

"Okay."

"One: would you like to join our new crew in the dance contest the Vortex?"

"Yes, who's 'we'?"

"Me, Moose, Tessa-"

"Oh yes. I haven't seen them in forever."

"Okay two" does your aunt still have that van?"

********************************************

In all, we called Kido, Monster, Hair (and his barber Gauge). Kido was going to pick all of them up in her van and meet us at the Cha Cha Palace in a couple of days. Then we'll get to work.

I hope this makes up for the short chapter. Also, I just wanted to say thank you for 2.1k reads. This is awesome this book keeps growing and growing and it makes me really happy. I hope you all have an amazing day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1.6K 19
Olivia has always loved dancing, even though her parents don't want her to continue following her "unrealistic" dreams. She lives in a wealthy area...
93.2K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...
28.5K 728 9
Dance is the way to the heart. At least that's what Lune Parker says. She's never known what's it's like to have family. That is until she meets Moos...
9.8K 667 50
"Dance with me?" Kadence brought out his hand to me and waited for my answer. I grabbed his hand and stood. I then realize the song he chose. My ma...