Choosing Life

נכתב על ידי Ginnyrules27

(Sequel to Choosing Home) With the threats to them and the kingdom finally dealt with, Mal and Ben are free t... עוד

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Thirteen

492 23 27
נכתב על ידי Ginnyrules27

Harry sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. Today was the day. He was finally getting married to Uma, the girl of his dreams.

If he was completely honest, there was still a part of himself that couldn't believe this was happening. Like at any moment Uma would come to her senses and realize that she could be marrying someone better for her.

Who'd that would be, Harry wasn't sure but until the day was over, until they both said 'I do', a pit the size of a watermelon was going to stay lodged in his stomach.

"Nervous?" Persephone's voice came from the doorway and Harry whirred around to see the Goddess giving him a small, slightly sad smile.

"Lady Steph!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you do not need to use my title, Harry?" Persephone asked as she walked into the room. It was the old crew's quarters that had been cleared out for the day while Uma was getting ready over in the captains' quarters.

Harry chuckled and shook his head. "I...I didn't expect you to be here that's all. I thought you'd be with Uma."

"She's got enough people with her," Persephone said. "Between Freddie Facilier, Mal, and Harriet fussing over her, there'd be too many people in the room if I'd stayed."

"Where's Hadie?" Harry asked though he thought he already knew the answer. His two groomsmen along with his co-Best Man had already gotten ready in the crew's quarters before Harry had shooed them out for a chance to be alone with his nerves.

Though that hadn't stopped him from reading Jay the riot act for getting hurt in his game the previous week. Jay's only explanation was the fact that he'd already had a bye week and there was no chance at getting a day off this close to the championships unless he was on the injured roster. Besides, it was only a twisted ankle but his coach didn't want to risk it.

Hence why Jay was currently testing out the comfort levels of the chairs for the Rats who'd come from Auradon who had managed to 'gate crash', including the Rats who had only been under protection status like Carlos and Gil. Harry knew how much the championship meant to Jay and he was not going to be the reason why the Auradon Lions had to go another year without a championship under their belt.

Please, Uma and I knew the rest of the Rats would come, Harry thought with an internal snort of amusement. How long had they teased us and asked us when we'd come out of our 'denial'? The crew wouldn't pass up the opportunity to see Uma's and my wedding.

"Hadie is with CJ and Celia, watching over Rea while Poseidon gives you and Uma his wedding present," Persephone said, pulling Harry out of his thoughts.

"He doesn't have to—."

"He wants to, Harry," Persephone said as she gently pushed some hair out of his eyes and straightened the collar of his dark red suit jacket, made courtesy of Evie of course. "Gods, it's honestly hard to believe you're getting married. There are days that I look at you and I still see the nine year old boy who would sneak out of his bed when he was supposed to be resting."

"I maintain you kept me in bed far too often for someone with sore ribs, Lady Steph," Harry said, chuckling softly at the memory.

"Why do you think I started asking you to watch Hadie?" Persephone said, shaking her head. "With his love of stories and your skill in telling them, it was the best way to get you both to stay still and out of trouble."

She sighed as she brushed some lint off of Harry's suit jacket. It wasn't anything super fancy despite Evie's best efforts (after all he was a pirate and a child of the Isle of the Lost) but he was still going to dress up a little for his wedding.

Especially if Gods were going to be in attendance.

"I spoke to your mother."

Harry paused and looked at Persephone. "You...you did?"

"I did," Persephone said with a small nod as she gave Harry a loving smile. "She is so proud of you, Harry. Proud of the man you've become and proud that you've done so well in Auradon. She only wishes she could be here."

"I...I wish she could be here too," Harry whispered. "But...Lady Steph if you're going to break the rules for anyone not Mal...could you do it if CJ ever gets married? The Captain probably won't attend her wedding like how he skipped Harriet's wedding and...CJ's never met mom."

Persephone couldn't help the proud smile that pulled at her lips. How many times had she heard Harry ranting about 'the Runt' while she was in the Underworld? It honestly had been like he was determined to hate his sister for the rest of his life.

She wasn't sure exactly what'd changed, though she knew from Hadie and Hades that Harry was still attending his therapy sessions though they'd been moved from three times a week from when he first came to Auradon to now just once a month.

"I'll see if that's something I can do," she said. "But for right now, no more sad thoughts at your wedding. Only happy thoughts, like how you're finally marrying Uma."

"Now I'll officially be part of your family," he said with a small chuckle.

Persephone shook her head. "You listen here Harry. You, young man, have always been part of our family."

She took a small vial of a pink liquid out of her pocket and placed it in his hands. "I know how much you love your sisters," she said as Harry looked at it quizzically. "But Hades had been talking to Circe and they managed to reverse engineer the potion Hercules received as a baby."

"Wait...that means..."

Persephone nodded. "As happy as I am that Mal won't know the heartache of losing her partner, a part of me has to admit I wasn't thrilled that Zeus just gave Ben immortality without talking to him first. So Hades and I...it's our wedding gift to you. You kids rarely got a choice in anything growing up, I want you to have your choice."

"But...if I don't take this, then Uma runs the risk of having a partner die. Any kids we might have run the risk of not having a parent in their lives," Harry said as he bit his lip. He'd known that pain, he would never want his own children, should they exist, to have to go through that as well. "But if I do take this...there'll be a time where I'll live in a world without my sisters in it."

"You don't have to make the choice today," Persephone said, her voice gentle. "I just—."

Before she could finish the sentence, Harry had uncapped the vial and chugged the potion.

"Harry!"

"You said it was my choice," Harry said with a shrug, even as he started to glow slightly just as Ben had at his Enchanted Lake wedding. "I choose Uma. I'm marrying her, I always want to be in her life. And I remember Mal's worry about marrying Benny, about how she didn't want her future kiddos to run the risk of not having one of their parents around...it wasn't always said out loud but I've know Mal since we were three, I can read her face to know something's wrong. I...I don't want that worry for Uma. And yeah, there'll come a time where I'll miss my sisters...and Jay for that matter. But doesn't Zeus owe Mal like a bajillion favors because of Nat Bat and the Dragon according to Uma?"

"...I'm afraid to ask about the first person you named."

"It's our nickname for Natalie," Harry said. "Considering she was basically a mini Leah and she was a Bat, no questions asked."

"Ah."

"Yeah. Well anyway if Zeus owes Mal those favors, she might be able to make it so my sisters won't see Davy Jones' locker for a long, long, long time. Besides we're all in Auradon so it'll be likely that it won't be an issue for a while anyway."

Persephone couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her lips as she heard that. Despite being in his twenties, Harry still reasoned like a teenager at times.

"Come on," Persephone said. "Let's finish up getting you ready and then get you on deck."

Harry grinned and nodded. Meanwhile, at the gangplank, another conversation was happening but this one wasn't as friendly as the one with Persephone and Harry.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Hades," Hook said, looking over his shoulder at the God. "This is my ship."

Hades raised an eyebrow as he heard that. "Funny, I seem to recall you placed this ship as a prize meaning it is no longer yours. It's Uma's considering she's the one who won your little contest. Unless one of the Rats sold it while Mal, Uma, Jay, and Harry were in Auradon and let's face it, they'd never do that."

"I want to talk to—."

"Let me guess. You want to 'talk' to Harry?" Hades asked. "That's going to be a big fat no from me."

"I'm his father!"

"Sorry Hook. This is family only and I don't think you're on the guest list," Hades said, glaring at the aged pirate. "This day has been coming for years and no one on that ship would think you deserve to see it. So if you have any care for Harry remaining in your cold, deceased, shell of a heart, you'll walk away right now. Because though I have no problem making you, I'd rather not cause a scene at Harry and Uma's wedding."

Hook opened his mouth but paused as Hades held his fist in front of his nose. "And just in case you try to argue that you somehow do deserve to see the wedding, I've got two fists ready to show you why you don't. Try me Hook. Just try me. You don't get to ruin today."

Hook sighed and shook his head, pulling a dagger from his belt pocket. "The lad left this the last time he was here...he might want it if he has a lad of his own," he said, his voice low as he handed the dagger to Hades. "And Hades? Tell Harry I'm pleased for him. You're right, him marrying the lass has been a long time coming. Even I could tell you that."

Hades stared in shock as Hook turned to walk away. Though it didn't take long before Hades pocketed the dagger and caught up to the pirate.

"Hey Hook!"

Hook turned around and Hades let his fist fly right into Hook's face. "That was for the years I spent rebuilding Harry's spirit after you broke it and his ribs," Hades hissed as he held Hook up to his eye level. "Know this Hook, I don't care what you do for the rest of your life, I will make it my business to make sure you suffer once I get your soul—and I will even if I have to trade all the rest of the souls in Tartarus to the other Gods of the Dead to do it. I will make sure that you never see your wife in the afterlife! Harry may not be my son by blood but he is my son. You may get to claim you gave him life, you codfish of a coward, but you don't get to claim the man he is today. Now get the hell out of my sight before I do more than just break your nose."

Pushing Hook away, Hades stormed back up the gangplank; though he tried his best to make sure he stayed calm. No sense in letting Harry know his 'father' had almost shown up at his wedding.

"You okay?" Poseidon asked as he walked over.

"Yeah," Hades nodded. "Just had to deal with an unapproved wedding crasher. Oh that reminds me. Can you summon my son from wherever he's hiding?"

"You need me dad?" Hadie asked, seemingly coming out of nowhere and causing Hades to jump slightly.

"Bells. We need bells for you."

Hadie rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. But what can I help with?"

Hades took the dagger out of his pocket and handed it to Hadie. "Can you give this to Harriet? I know she's busy helping Uma get ready but I think she should have this at least for today."

"Dad...isn't that Harry's old dagger? I haven't seen that in years," Hadie said.

"Yep," Hades said, not even wondering how Hadie recognized it. He'd been around Harry practically all his life, it'd make sense he'd recognize the dagger.

Though Persephone had made it a rule that the dagger stayed on the ship when Harry first moved in since Hadie was only three and they didn't want to risk him getting hurt though Harry probably grabbed it when he packed up his stuff to go to Auradon.

Not to mention Hadie had roomed with Harry so he might have shown him the dagger there.

"So why do you...no! Hook was here?"

Hades nodded, again not questioning how his son knew the things he knew, and Hadie took the dagger. "Don't worry dad, I'll give this to Harriet and she can give it to Harry at a later date," he said as he scurried off.

"Why did Hook give you a dagger?" Posidon asked, watching as Harriet seemed to almost read their minds and stepped out onto the deck to talk to Hadie. There seemed to be a concentrated effort to not let the bride or groom know about Hook's appearance.

"Apparently he gave that dagger to Harry when Harry was two," Hades said, keeping his voice down in case Harry came out from the crew's quarters. "From what Uma and Mal have told me though, after Harry's mother died when Harry was the same age, the dagger became a symbol of broken promises and things that would never be."

"...he gave his two year old a dagger?"

"That's what you got out of that?"

Poseidon shook his head and continued to work on decorating the ship. The mist he had created with the rays of sun that were able to break through the cloud barrier almost made the ship look as if it had been covered in pixie dust.

"Whoa..." Harry's voice said and Hades turned around to grin at the look of shock and awe on his future great-nephew-in-law's face.

Yeah maybe Hades would still call him his surrogate son. It was less wordy of a title.

"Lord Poseidon...this looks....I mean..."

Poseidon chuckled. "Considering you're about to marry my granddaughter, I think you've earned the right to call me Grandpa Po-Po."

"...all due respect Lord Posideon but I don't think that'll ever happen," Harry said as he shook his head.

Hades chuckled. "Go take your spot near Henry, Harry. I think we're getting ready to start."

"Aye Lord Hades," Harry nodded and went to go stand next to the red-haired pirate. It'd been an easy decision as for who to marry the two of them, since Harry wanted Harriet to stand with him and Henry had once been a captain.

"You nervous mate?" Jay asked as he walked over and stood next to him as co-Best Man.

"Not in the slightest," Harry said, shaking his head.

Harriet snorted as she walked over, taking her spot as co-Best Matron. "You are such a liar, you know that?"

"I am a pirate after all!"

Harriet chuckled as the guests took their seats and music began to fill the air. The first ones to make their way down the aisle were Rea and Estelle acting as flower girl and ring bearer. Blue and red flower petals made their way out of Rea's basket as she giggled. Thought that might have been due to the fact that Harry was crossing his eyes at her.

Next were the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Since Harry and Uma wanted a small wedding, it was a fairly easy choice for who they wanted standing with them. Ryan and CJ made their way down first, followed by Celia and Hadie. Then Freddie and Mal made their way down as co-Matrons of Honor.

All the bridesmaids, best matron, and matrons of honor were wearing dresses that had swirls of teal and red in the skirt while the groomsmen were wearing navy blue suits with red ties.

It didn't matter that black was a traditional suit color, no one on that ship would willingly wear black unless they had no other choice.

"Harry? Harry, breathe. Dear Gods, it's like Cotillion all over again," everyone could hear Jay tell the groom as his eyes fell on Uma.

It was clear that Evie had once again hit it out of the park—as well as followed Uma's notes about her dress to the letter.

Uma was wearing a dusty teal satin dress with sleeves that seemed to rest off her shoulders and had a deep v neck line. Her braids had been done up in a semi updo that allowed her the chance to wear her tricornered hat.

She smiled softly as Hades held out his arm to walk her down the aisle to Harry. She could have had her father there with them. But she had asked him not to.

"Perhaps I misheard you?"

Uma shook her head. They were in Facilier's office over at Dragon Hall; normally he would have been over at the arcade but Uma had requested privacy for this conversation. "You didn't. I'm asking you, as your wedding gift to me, to not come to my wedding."

"Why?" Facilier asked, looking at Uma. It was one of the rare moments that she wasn't out at sea and while Harry had been handling most of the wedding stuff—which wasn't much considering they were trying to avoid having it be too fancy—this was the one thing Uma wanted to do herself. "I understand you not having your mother but I thought—."

"This has nothing to do with our relationship," Uma said as she shook her head. "You were the preferred parent of mine when I was growing up. Most of the time, the only reason why I stayed on the ship or at mama's restaurant was so you could give attention to Celia or Freddie. And that's why I'm asking you to not come."

"Because of your sisters?"

"You couldn't come to Freddie's wedding in Wonderland and I don't know what will happen with Celia's wedding when it happens in the far off future. I love my sisters and I know they love you too dad. The last thing I want is to put a rift between the three of us or between my sisters and you by making them think you picked a favorite."

Facilier sighed. When the ask was that unselfish, it was almost impossible to argue against it. "I have to thank Lord Hades for giving be the ability to see Freddie's wedding to the Wonderland girl, even if I couldn't attend in person. Seems your sister made a friend on the other side."

Uma couldn't help but snort in amusement. "Well Lord Hades and Grandfather are granting you another way to see my wedding and Celia's whenever it should happen."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out two envelopes that had notes written on them, notes indicating when they should be opened. "Just put the coin in the envelope in your television and you'll be able to see everything."

Facilier took the envelopes and stuck them in his jacket pocket. "Is young Hook pressuring you to make sure I don't come?"

"The day Harry pressures me to do something I don't want to do is the day I ask you to bring Freddy back from the dead," Uma scoffed before sighing softly. "He doesn't even know I'm asking you this. While my sisters are one of the reasons why I am, there's another reason as well. I don't want Harry thinking about Hook at our wedding. If he sees you..."

"Ah," Facilier nodded. The whole Isle knew all about the fracturing of Hook and Harry's relationship and how Hades had slid in and became the young boy's surrogate father. "Well then please pass on my thanks to your uncle and grandfather."

Uma nodded and then, biting her lip slightly, went to give her father a hug. "Not making Harry think of the Tartarus he grew up with before Uncle Hades stepped in is the best wedding present you could give me," she whispered as she broke from the hug. "You were my normalcy for the longest time, my solace from the slight insanity of mama's. That's what I want for Harry on our wedding day—no reminders of the insanity of what our lives used to be."

"I'm glad you three got off the Isle," Facilier said as he pulled Uma in for another hug. "Going up against Tiana might have resulted in my having one of the more embarrassing defeats of the villains of the Isle but it also taught me one of the things that was really important. And I know your sister might think the opposite—."

"The fact that you can remember the death days of all your friends on the other side but can never remember Freddie's birthday lends some credence to that." Uma told him.

Facilier snorted and shook his head. "Freddie was...she was unexpected. Let's just say you weren't the first child that resulted from my relationship with your mother."

"...that does explain the white in Freddie's hair now that I think about it," Uma said. "Does Freddie know?"

"She does," Facilier nodded. "Your mother sent her to live with me permanently after she showed no talent for water based magic."

"And why did you wait till now to tell me? That Freddie was my full sister?"

"Because of questions like that. Raising you three as just my daughters rather than stressing that Celia had a different mother than you two was more important. What do you take me for, Gaston?"

Uma chuckled and then shook her head. "You know Celia should know at some point. Who her mother is."

"If she asks, I'll tell her," Facilier said. "But I want to be the one to tell her."

"Why? Freddie and I know that Anastasia Tremaine's her mother. I was there when she gave birth to Celia."

Facilier gave his daughter a look. "Because you might be the captain of your crew, Uma, but I'm still Celia's father."

Uma smiled as she heard that and nodded. There'd be no foisting of parental responsibilities onto his children from Facilier.

"I should get going," Uma said after a minute. "Don't lose those envelopes. I don't think Uncle Hades will be able to convince the Fates to give him the date of Celia's wedding again."

Facilier chuckled. "They'll be kept safe and sound."

"Grandmama says hi by the way. And so does Aunt Opal," Uma said as she turned to leave. "If you want, next time I come by the Isle, I'll bring you some of her gumbo."

"Slip in one of Tiana's beignets and you've got yourself a deal," Facilier grinned. Hey he still remembered those beignets from Lady LaBouf's party, the blonde having been given the title of Lady from Naveen and Tiana after all she'd done or attempted to do for them.

Uma chuckled. "Consider it done. Gotta make sure you get your cut after all."

"I taught you well," Facilier said with a small smile.

"Hey, same rules about being a pirate. Gotta make sure you get your loot."

Hades gave Uma's arm a gentle squeeze and Uma looked over at her uncle. There was a look on his face, one that almost seemed to say 'I know'.

Thanks Uncle Hades, Uma thought over the mental link.

Don't mention it Uma, Hades thought back as they made their way to Harry and Henry. Now you might want to say something to your groom before he passes out from how amazing you look.

Uma shook her head and smirked slightly. "Harry, you'd better not faint or the Rats here will be ribbing you for it for the rest of your days," she said as Harry seemed to sway on his feet.

"Aye Uma," Harry nodded, seemingly straightening up and giving Uma a smile.

Henry chuckled and shook his head. "Thank you all for coming," he said as everyone took their seats. "I think I speak for everyone when I say that many thought this day would never come."

"Yeah, speaking of which, does anyone have a camera?" Jake called.

"Jake's right, we need proof of this day!" Bonny nodded.

Harry shook his head. "Well if you forgot to bring a camera Jake, that's your own fault! What have we taught you all these years if you can't be prepared to gate crash a wedding?"

"Oh ye of little faith," Mal said with a small smirk. "Mom loves her camera. Of course it's being filmed and if it's not we need to worry about mom."

"Camera's been on the whole time Mal," Persephone called, holding up her camera. "Trust me, I'm filming."

Uma and Harry rolled their eyes in unison as Henry bit the inside of his cheek to hold in his chuckles. Thankfully his wife had no such restraint and was chuckling along with the rest of the guests in attendance.

Thank Gods Aurora was able to babysit for us, Henry thought as he looked over the guests. "Yes well if that's sorted, can I please continue?"

"Of course Henry. Please proceed," Mal nodded.

"Thank you co-cap'n," Henry said as a few chuckles slipped out of his lips. "Since many of us thought today would never happen, it's no surprise when I say that I have no fluffy speech prepared. But I will say this—there was never a more obvious love than that between Uma and Harry. Even when they denied it."

"We were never in denial!"

"Woo! I won the pot!" Dustin cheered. "Harry was the one who denied being in denial first!"

Henry couldn't help the snort of amusement that he let out. "Yes well anyway Uma and Harry have prepared their own vows. Uma, if you'd like to start?"

Uma nodded and looked right at Harry. "Harry, you of all people know I'm not the most emotional person around. I actually gave up writing these vows down because I just couldn't get anything written so I'm just going to wing it if you don't mind. The Isle makes it so that young kids have better memories than most but even with that and my background as a Godling, I can not remember a time where you were not in my life. Even as our crew grew from the two of us to us and Mal to the four of us with Jay and then even adding the Rats, you have always been by my side. A secured fixture. I...I'm about to sound mushy so forgive me but if you'd gone to Auradon with Mal and Jay that first time around, I don't know what I would have done. No, scratch that, I do know. Henry would have probably gotten a partner if not someone trying to beat him in his eighteen hour training days."

"Oh dear Gods, that's terrifying to think of!" Ryan called.

Henry chuckled. "You would have been welcomed as a training partner Captain Uma."

Uma shot him a smile before looking back at Harry. "But my point is Harry is that you've been with me my entire life. You're my best friend. My First Mate. Calling you my husband is going to be one of the easiest things I could do as you're already my partner is everything. In all honesty...there isn't a me without you. I'm going to go ahead and steal something Jay always says but I think it fits us too, Harry. I'm with you till the end of the line. Because our motto is 'Ruthless yet Loyal' and I think we can all say there's almost no one as loyal as you and I promise to show you the same loyalty, the same love you've shown me all our lives. I love you."

Harry smiled and took Uma's hands, Persephone having gently insisted he leave his hook in the crew's quarters. "Uma, I love you too. You've been in my life for as long as I can remember and the years only made our friendship stronger. I know Jay and Mal liked to say that I had feelings for you since I knew what feelings were but they were right. And now...to borrow a line from one of the little Lord's books—."

"You don't have to call me that every time Harry!"

"It's my wedding day Hadie!"

Hadie rolled his eyes. "Consider it my wedding present to you then!"

"And I appreciate the gift," Harry chuckled as he looked back at Uma. "Anyway...where was I? Oh right! The line from the little Lord's book. With you, Uma, conversation has always been easy. Your laughter brings me joy. To meet a beautiful woman is one thing but to meet your best friend in the most beautiful of women is something entirely apart."

Uma snorted. "Oh Gods Harry, that's probably one of the most mushiest lines I've ever heard," she said but the smile on her face softened the teasing of her words.

"It may be mushy but it's also true," Harry told her. "You're my best friend, my training partner, my Captain. Adding one more title of wife is the easiest decision I could make. I love you Uma and I always will."

Henry smiled. "Can we bring forth the rings please?"

Estelle trotted over, the rings resting on a teal and red pillow which was securely carried in the mouth of his middle head as his left and right head gave Uma and Harry a smile as they took the rings.

"Uma, please repeat after me," Henry said. "Harry, please accept this ring as a symbol of my love for you above all others. It's my promise that wherever our journey takes us, I will be there for you whole heartedly. With this ring I thee wed."

"Harry, please accept this ring as a symbol of my love for you above all others. It's my promise that wherever our journey takes us, I will be there for you whole heartedly. With this ring I thee wed," Uma said, slipping the ring in her hand onto Harry's finger.

"Harry, if you could please repeat after me now."

"After me now."

Harriet snorted and CJ shook her head. "Are you sure you want him?" she called.

"He's not getting rid of me that easily," Uma said with a smile.

Henry shook his head. "Anyway, Harry repeat these words: Uma, please accept this ring as a symbol of my love for you above all others. It's my promise that wherever our journey takes us, I will be there for you whole heartedly. With this ring I thee wed."

"Uma, please accept this ring as a symbol of my love for you above all others. It's my promise that wherever our journey takes us, I will be there for you whole heartedly. With this ring I thee wed," Harry said as he slipped the ring onto Uma's finger.

Henry couldn't help but smile as he looked at the two of them. "Uma, do you take Harry to be your husband? To love and cherish forever?"

"I do," Uma nodded.

"And you Harry, do you take Uma to be your wife? To love and cherish forever?"

"I do," Harry said with one of the biggest smiles anyone had ever seen on his face.

"Then by the power vested in me by the fact that I was once a Captain of The Lost Revenge, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may finally kiss your bride."

Normally Harry would have made a snarky comment about that but that didn't matter as his lips met Uma's in a tender yet loving kiss.

"Mali?" Rea asked, having toddled over to her sister.

"Yeah Rea?"

"Why're Uma and Harry kissing? Kissing's yucky!"

Mal couldn't help the chuckle that slipped from her lips, especially as her baby kicked as if they were agreeing with their aunt. "Well they're kissing because they love each other. Like how mom and dad kiss you goodnight or how Estelle gives you kisses."

"Oh! Then...do they really love each other?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Cause mama and papa's kisses goodnight don't last as long as Harry and Uma's kissing."

Mal looked over and sure enough, her cousin and best friend were still locked lips. "Oi! That's enough you two!"

"And I thought it was my wedding day?" Uma teased as they separated.

"Mal probably wants cake," Hadie said as he teased his sister.

Mal shrugged. "Who wouldn't want cake?"

"Well then let's pull out the cake!" Jay grinned as Hades and Posideon did just that. It was truly a masterpiece as Mrs. Potts worked with a local chocolatier and made it look as if there were swords coming out of the cake, in addition to their hats which Mrs. Potts had worked painstakingly on.

"...I almost don't want to cut it," Uma said as she stared at the magnificent creation which was so much more than the simple chocolate cake Uma had been picturing. "How'd they get the gems in the swords to look like our colors?"

"It's Auradon. Who knows how they do what they do?" Mal shrugged. Despite the reluctance of everyone, the cake was sliced and distributed. As they ate, Uma and Harry made the rounds and Uma soon found herself talking to one of her sisters.

"Congratulations," Freddie said with a small smile. "I'm pretty sure we all thought this day would never come."

"Is everyone a broken record or something?" Uma asked.

"Ums, you've got to be honest," Freddie chuckled. "If we all were still on the Isle together, would you have married Harry?"

"...If Freddy was still alive? No," Uma said. "Because I know Harry would have been the first one Freddy would have gone for if he knew we were together. And you know if marriage was a thing on the Isle."

Freddie nodded. "I understand you know. About the paranoia of Freddy hurting your loved ones. The day I married Ally, I was probably the most jumpy I'd ever been."

"I know. I was your Maid of Honor and had to keep you from jumping so much, you resembled the March Hare."

"Hush you," Freddie teased and both sisters chuckled, smiling as they watched Celia, CJ, Ryan and Hadie run around the deck; the four of them 'chased' by Estelle with Rea on his back. "Did you ever think this would be our life?"

"Not in the slightest."

"Good, cause I thought I was the only one."

Uma smiled and took a sip of her drink. Of course that was when Freddie decided to drop a sibling bomb on her.

"Ally and I are looking into getting a kid."

Uma spat out her drink. "You're doing what now?"

"We're looking into getting a kid," Freddie said again. "We've been married a while and we've been saving up. Ally's going to be the one to carry the child if that's what you're worried about."

Uma sighed and nodded. "I just...all the years of scrounging for food doesn't just go away. I mean it wouldn't impact you as much since you're a Godling like us but—."

"Ex-nay on the Odling-gay," Freddie said, glancing at Celia. "I know you know, though I don't know how you know, and you know I know but we both know Celia doesn't know and it's your wedding. I don't want to start a fight."

"I'm pretty sure Harry said it's not a party unless there's a fight," Uma snorted.

"Your husband is weird."

"But I love him."

"Aright, who won the pot for Uma being the first one between Harry and Uma to say that they loved their spouse despite being weird?" Jake called.

"I did!" CJ grinned.

Freddie chuckled at Uma's dismayed face. "You're the one who insisted on being in denial all these years Ums," she said. "Naturally your crew's going to have some betting pools."

"Speaking of that, I think it's time for the bride and groom to have their first dance," Mal called, holding up a miniature radio.

Uma rolled her eyes. "I think we've both made it perfectly clear throughout the years Mali that we don't dance."

"It's your wedding, cuz," Mal said with a small shrug. "I think you're allowed to make an exception. Besides, consider this my wedding gift to you since you didn't really get to dance with Harry at Cotillion. Oh, and cuz? I danced at my wedding so no one would judge you if you danced at yours."

Uma shook her head but smiled as Harry held out a hand. "If anyone mocks us for this, I'll make sure Henry has them working footwork until they collapse," he said with a fond smile.

"That sounds like a marvelous idea," Uma said as she almost melted into Harry's arms, never noticing Mal pressing play on the miniature radio.

I love you still and you know I always will, till the end of time I won't change my mind...

Thank you Ben for suggesting I bring the radio, Mal thought as she watched her cousin and surrogate brother dance along the deck. Ben had wanted to attend, after all he didn't want his pregnant wife out of his sight in case something happened to their child.

But as Mal had pointed out, Auradon would not stop needing a ruler even as weddings were happening. Not to mention she had a feeling that the Rats who had gone over to Auradon and partnered with an AK might not bring them over to the wedding—either because they didn't want them seeing the Isle or because they didn't want to test their co-Captain and First Mate by gate crashing with a plus one—and she didn't want to rub it in their faces by having Ben. Plus, it would be unfair to put that pressure on Emma as the unofficial heir what with her being pregnant as well.

Gods, Emma and Elle pregnant...honestly I have to wonder if Akiho is still bouncing around Ben's office like a deranged rabbit? Mal thought, biting her lip to avoid laughing at the thought.

"You're trying not to laugh at something," Hadie said as he slid over to her. "What is it?"

"Just thinking about Akiho bouncing around Ben's office," Mal said with a small chuckle. Soft enough that it wouldn't be overheard but loud enough to count as a chuckle.

"Ah," Hadie said, smiling at the image. "Speaking of announcements, when are you going to announce to the kingdom that you're...?"

"When we find out the gender," Mal said, keeping her voice soft to avoid being overheard. Pirate were notorious gossips after all, and the Rats were no exception to the rule. "That way we won't get any speculation about Ben not making our child his heir if they're a girl."

"But...Ben's immortal."

"The kingdom doesn't know that."

Hadie shook his head. "You two are impossible you realize that? Why not tell the kingdom so they don't have to worry—?"

"Ben thinks it would invite attacks," Mal sighed. "And not just on him but on his family too. If something happened to Belle or Adam or Chip or Geene, Ben would be devastated."

"...damn that's a fair point."

"Watch your language around Rea."

Hadie chuckled. "Saving me from a parental scolding?"

"Hey you remember how dad reached out to us when Rea was trying to pronounce 'sarcastic' after our get together," Mal chuckled and shook her head.

I'm just so into you, I wanna let it all out. You're so perfectly fine. I could talk all day but let me spell it out. A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I love you still and you know I always will till the end of time I won't change my mind. Love you, I'll be here. I will never disappear, said forever I swear so I will be there.

Posideon couldn't help but smile slightly as he watched Uma and Harry dance. He knew his granddaughter hadn't had the best life on the Isle and he was glad that she was able to marry the love of her life.

Though I have to wonder why Ariel and the other Auradon side of the family weren't invited, he thought.

Because we didn't want a big fru-fru wedding, Uma thought back to him. Apologies grandfather but I think you might have been distracted because I got that over the mental link.

Uma, you know you can call me Grandpa Po-Po. Everyone else does.

I know...but trying to shed years of growing up on the Isle means pet nicknames are few and far between. I only really grew up giving Celia and Mal nicknames...and Hadie now that I think about it.

Fair enough, I won't pressure you, Posideon thought. But inviting Ariel and Eric wouldn't have turned—.

Yes it would've. Not on purpose but we're pirates and they're royals. Besides Elle's pregnant, I'm not going to subject a pregnant woman to a ship with a small privy.

...yet Mal's here?

How did you...?

Olympus is notorious for gossip Uma. Not to mention the fact that a slight bump is obvious. Not to anyone not of a divine nature but still.

Uma chuckled slightly over the link. You realize Olympus needs to keep this a secret until Mal tells?

We're not idiots Uma.

You have Zeus as your leader, grandfather. No disrespect but...

Okay you may have a point.

"What are you thinking about that's got a smile on your face?" Hades muttered as he looked over at his brother.

"Just happy for Uma," Posideon said.

Hades smiled as he looked at his great-niece. "I am too," he said softly. "Her and Harry. It's been a rough road for them both but I'm glad they made it here."

You said you didn't want to be like everybody else, wanted something only you and I could have ourselves. Picture perfect isn't something that I've ever felt, love when you smile right in front of me. I'm just so into you, I wanna let it all out. You're so perfectly fine. I could talk all day but let me spell it out. A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I love you still and you know I always will till the end of time I won't change my mind. Love you, I'll be here. I will never disappear, said forever I swear so I will be there.

The music ended and Harry couldn't help but place a tender kiss on Uma's forehead.

"I wanna dance with Harry!" Rea exclaimed.

Harry chuckled and shook his head in amusement. "As the little Lady commands," he said as the music changed to something a bit more upbeat for everyone to dance to. "That is if my Captain doesn't mind?"

"Go dance with our cousin Harry," Uma said with a small smile. "I'm going to go catch up with the Rats."

"Fair enough," Harry smiled and scooped Rea up into his arms. "How've you been today little Lady?"

"I've been good! Elle made sure I didn't fall with the flowers though. I almost did, the ship's all wobbly even with Unca Po-Po here."

"Well he did a great job, I didn't even notice you stumble."

Rea grinned and then looked at Harry. "Are you and Uma gonna have a baby now?"

"What makes you ask that, Rea?" Harry asked.

"Well with Mali and Ben—."

"Ah," Harry nodded, cutting Rea off before she could reveal it to the whole crew. He knew Mal was still trying to keep it a secret because the last thing she wanted was people fawning over her. "...I won't lie Rea, I'd like to. I just...we might not have one right away."

"Why not?" Rea asked. "Hadie tells me stories all the time about how you'd watch him so you'd be a good papa!"

Harry chuckled softly. "Watching a brother isn't the same thing as being a papa, Rea," he said gently as he continued to spin her around the deck. "I could give him back to Lord Hades and Lady Steph and...and there wasn't a risk of messing him up."

Rea shook her head and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck to give him a hug. "You need to be a papa!"

"Some day little Lady, some day," Harry promised. But there's no way Uma would be okay with leaving her job to be a mom, she loves the sea too much and I wouldn't ask her to do that.

They'd had a talk before the wedding, about whether or not they'd wanted kids. And Uma had said that as long as they could provide the kid or kids a stable environment to grow up in, one where they'd never have to scramble for food or have to look over their shoulder for enemies, she could see them having kids.

But for right now, she loved sailing too much to give it up permanently and it wouldn't be fair to Harry to make him take on the role of the single parent. Sure her trade commission was through Ben and he could edit it so that it favored her more but Harry also knew Uma, knew she wouldn't want to ask about that.

"Harry?" Rea asked.

"Yeah Rea?"

"You got quiet. Are you sad?"

Harry smiled and shook his head. "I could never be sad when I've got the world's best flower girl with me."

"Yay!" Rea grinned and Harry continued to dance with her. The night slowly came to a close, with Harry and Uma sharing many a dance together. However soon they found themselves in their shared home back in Auradon.

Ben had helped them find a home in Belle Harbor, close enough to the docks to make it easy for Uma but also close enough to town for Harry to walk to Hades' Auradon branch of his restaurant. Plus it allowed them the chance to take Ben's family's speedboat out for him.

Beast's Fury had been the host to one or two dates between Ben and Mal but after learning that Mal had almost drowned on the Isle, Ben had pretty much kept their dates to the Enchanted Lake since Mal would have the option to stay on the firm platform there rather than drive her crazy being out on the water.

But Harry and Uma both loved the water so Ben had gifted them the keys after they got their house.

"It's hard to believe we're officially married," Uma said softly.

"I know," Harry said as he went behind her to unbutton her dress. Just to allow Uma the ability to change into something more comfortable. He paused though, as his fingers undid the first button. "Cap'n...I...if you don't want to do this, just say the word, I'm not...I'm not expecting—."

"Harry, I'm not the captain to you tonight. Not here at least," Uma said, her voice gentle as she slipped out of her boots. "Besides, I know you're not asking for anything...do you want anything?"

"Well...I mean...it is our wedding night. Unless you don't want to..."

Uma bit her lip. "Let me think about it but for right now, I need to get out of this prissy dress."

"Almost done with the buttons," Harry said and finished up. Uma smiled and slipped into their ensuite as Harry slipped out of his suit and changed into his pajama pants and a light white shirt.

Sure he could have gone topless but he'd been raised on the Isle for too much of his life to willingly leave that much skin available for attack if someone broke in.

Once he'd changed, he plopped on the bed and looked over at the bathroom door. Good thing he did too because Uma had practically jumped on the bed and was almost on top of him.

"Thought about it," she purred and that was the only thing she said as their lips touched and Harry held her close to him. They knew that their locked door wouldn't deter anyone who really wanted to get in (hence why they were thankful that everyone who could pick locks that they knew were busy with their own lives at the moment) but one thing was for sure.

They both wanted to make sure this night was worth the wait.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

33.4K 329 45
Sequel to Our Happily Ever After... They thought all was well in the kingdom. Tiffany has been defeated, Mal is Queen, and everyone had their...
122K 1.7K 50
*This is the sequel to my Descendants 4 book, so if you haven't already seen it I suggest you reading it first* A new portion of adventures the desce...
3.9K 259 17
After Mal runs off to the Isle following her fight with Ben, she comes across some old acquaintances along with some trouble. It's up to Ben, Evie, J...
106K 1.8K 24
(Sequel to Bridging the Gap) When the dam keeping her frustration, panic and exhaustion at bay breaks, Mal makes a beeline for the Isle. However, fat...