The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 21

798 18 0
By Silver-Tigress

Third Person's P. O. V:

Vivian remains standing beside Rogue, who is still on his knees, as he was before, Vivian's hand resting firmly on his shoulder, as the two try to process what the water dragon and Future Rogue told them earlier.

"Why the hell are you two just sitting there?!" They both jerk their heads around to see the White Dragon Slayer running toward them, a goofy grin on his face.

"Sting-kun?!" Vivian exclaims in surprise. She'd been so zoned out in the last few minutes...

"What are you doing?!" Rogue exclaims in surprise, his eyes dilated.

"Thought I'd drop by and save your butts!" Sting responds as he runs closer. "Let's do this!!" He grins at the ether mage when he sees her.

Rogue questions, "So, wait! Have you already beaten your dragon?!"

"Seriously—?!" Vivian exclaims questioningly, and Sting just smirks back at her in response.

Just as the structure behind the blonde crumbles down and the dragon Sting was fighting earlier comes tearing through it, roaring in rage. It was brown and red in colour with a horn on its forehead and another under its chin. Sting shouts back, still grinning, "Nope! Figured I'd just bring him with me!"

"WHAT THE FUDGE, STING?!" The Hunter exclaims, shocked.

Rogue exclaims, "You... what?!"

"Don't worry, guys! He's super slow!" Sting replies jokingly.

"I don't understand how you can joke at a time like this," The pretty brunette states.

Rogue says seriously, "This isn't time for jokes!"

Sting asks as he comes up beside Rogue and Vivian, and starts jogging in place, "We're a team, aren't we? Figured we should take him on together!"

Vivian smiles at Sting and Rogue, feeling relieved to see the blonde Dragon Slayer is alright. The water dragon says to its companion, "Scissor Runner, these humans have proven difficult to subdue. Give me your aid!"

The second dragon, now known as Scissor Runner, responds as it peers down at the wizards, "I'm not interested in taking one alive; I plan to kill every single human I can find!"

Sting asks Rogue as he grins and clenches a fist, "We're The Twin Dragons, right?! So, let's kick their asses! Come on!"

Rogue and Vivian stare at Sting in surprise for a moment. Then, the Shadow Dragon Slayer smirks back at him and replies, "Let's go!"

Sting and Rogue stand back-to-back. Rogue smirks at Sting over his shoulder, while Sting winks and smirks back back at him.

Vivian says, smirking, "You boys don't mind if I join in on the fun, do you?"

Sting says with a smirk, popping the p, "Nope!"

"Not at all!" Rogue adds while throwing the Foster a smile.

🗡🗡🗡

Vivian stands beside Rogue on a roof as Levia, the water dragon, rushes at them and commands Rogue, "Accept your fate and come with me!"

Rogue shouts back as they both leap to avoid the dragon's attack, "No! Never!"

The brunette growls defiantly, "Like hell we'll ever go with you!"

Vivian clenches her sword and chants, "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Flashing Comet!" Vivian lunges toward Levia, sword glowing blue, while launching her sword forward. The point of the rapier slams into his face, and they both seem to pause for a moment.

"That should do it," Vivian thinks. Her eyes jerk wide when there was no reaction from the water dragon.

"What?! It failed?!" The Hunter thinks in disbelief.

"Your puny sword has no effect on us, Vivian," Levia mocks.

"Damn you!" The Requip mage shouts, backflipping back toward Rogue before Levia could attack her.

Levia blasts through the roof and pursues them as Rogue and Vivian leap into the air. "You cannot escape your destiny! Your heart will become as black as night," He says as they leap over him.

"I'll never let that happen!" Vivian shouts at Levia. She adds, "As long as we're around..."

"This thing is a pain in my ass!" The White Dragon Slayer shouts with annoyance, as he shoots beams of white light at Scissor Runner. However, the dragon just brushes the attack aside.

Rogue and Vivian land and manage to dodge in time to avoid being crushed by both dragons, as they land on top of each other. Levia shouts as Rogue and Vivian stop and turn to them, "Stop getting in my way! If you refuse to help me, then go somewhere else at once!"

Scissor Runner snaps back, "I will not! I'm trying to kill this human, and you're preventing me from doing so!"

"Let's hit them, Rogue, Vivian!" Sting says as he lands on Rogue's other side.

"Right!" Rogue and Vivian say in unison as shadows gather in his hand, light in Sting's, and the Hunter's Flashing Comet spell forms in her sword. It pulses with immense magical energy, as much of it as she could muster. Sting, Rogue and Vivian unleash their attacks, and they hit both dragons right in the chest, causing a dust cloud to rise up around them.

"We did it!" The three say in unison as Vivian lands back beside Rogue.

"Your feeble magic has no effect on us," Scissor Runner scoffs.

"It's insulting! Prepare to die for your arrogance!" Levia adds. Scissor Runner swipes his paw and Sting is sent flying back with a cry.

"No, Sting!" I shout fearfully.

"Rogue, Vivian," Levia growls, causing us to turn to him, "I am through with asking! I have no choice but to take you by force."

The snarl Vivian makes bounces off the walls around them as she shouts back, "Well, you can forget it, Fish Breath! If you wanna take us, you're just gonna have to break every single bone in our bodies, and drag us, kicking and screaming! Because there's no way in hell we're going with you!"

Vivian raises her sword and readies her Snake Bite spell, despite not having much magic power left. Levia saw the attack coming, however, and sweeps his right paw for Vivian. However, she sees the attack coming and quickly summons her Valkyrie Shield, blocking Levia's paw. Vivian grunts at the impact.

"I'm going to finish this," Scissor Runner declares as he faces the brunette.

"We were told to bring them alive," Levia reminds him.

"We were told not to kill them. We can still hurt them," Scissor Runner states gleefully. Vivian turns a murderous stare on to him, a look that would've had any normal human being running away in fear.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Linear!" Vivian lunges for Scissor Runner and Levia as her sword flares pink, but the dragons simply brush the spell away, smashing her into the wall.

Vivian pulls herself out of the wall and faces the dragons once again.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Snake Bite!" She lunges for the dragons with her sword glowing crimson, slashing through them. The dragons remain unfazed as Vivian lands back by Rogue.

"Shadow Dragon: Roar!!" Rogue expels a burst of shadows from his mouth that strike Levia in the chest.

Levia lifts his front paw and aims it at Rogue. Vivian glares and appears before the Shadow Dragon Slayer, throwing out her hand. "Valkyrie Shield!" A massive shield twice her size appears before the brunette, protecting her and Rogue. Levia's paw slams into it, almost shattering the defence from the force of the impact, however the wall still held.

Rogue turns into a shadow, and vanishes from beside Vivian. He steps into the ground and travels up Levia's back. "Shadow Dragon: Waxwing Flash!" Rogue thrusts our his hands and Levia is pelted with shadows. He stops hitting Vivian's shield to fling his tail at Rogue.

"Rogue-kun!" Vivian cries out as he's hit with the tail and sent crashing to the ground.

Vivian feels something hit her side, causing her to be thrust to the ground with a grunt of pain, and shield and sword clatter to the ground. It was Scissor Runner's tail.

"Viv-chan!" Rogue shouts in concern.

"Ngh. Don't worry about me, Rogue-kun." The Hunter climbs to her feet and Scissor Runner swings his paw for her again. Rogue reappears beside Vivian just as she grabs her shield to block the two dragons' attacks.

Vivian grits her teeth as she manages to keep the wall up, protecting both her and Rogue.

Levia thumps his paw against her shield again but it still holds. Her eyes widen when Scissor Runner digs his talons into her shield with enough force to split it down the middle, before plunging his talons into Vivian's stomach.

Rogue stares with wide, stunned eyes as deep red blood sprays from Vivian's stomach and she coughs up more of it.

Scissor Runner pulls his talons out of Vivian's stomach, and she starts to collapse.

"Vivian!" Rogue screams as he whirls to the Hunter, and easily catches Vivian, pulling her into his arms. There's a thin trail of blood leaking down her chin. "No! Don't you die on me, Viv! You can't leave me! Not like this!"

Tears drip down Rogue's face as he holds Vivian in his arms. "I'm sorry, Rogue-kun. But, I'm glad we met..." Vivian whispers before her eyes drift closed, a smile still lingering on her lips.

Rogue presses Vivian's face against his chest as he continues to hold her in his arms. "VIVIAN!!"

                      🗡🗡🗡

Ultear sits on her knees on the ground, a solemn look on her face as she gazes up at the sky. Near her, is a clock tower. Just recently, she and Meredy have split up from Natsu, who'd told them of his encounter with Future Rogue.

When Ultear suggested killing present Rogue to prevent his future from happening, Natsu had instantly turned the idea down, saying the Rogue he knows is still in there. Besides, Natsu had added, they'd be killing completely innocent people.

"I've lived my entire life in the shadows, ruled by darkness," Ultear thinks. "I thrived on deception, contempt, anger, and death. And, still, I received forgiveness and compassion. Gray allowed me a second chance at life. I wanted to atone for my sins, so I founded Crime Sorciere—The Witch's Crime. But, I will never find salvation. At my core, I'm still the same: a witch crumbling under the weight of her own crimes. One who'd take the life of an innocent. Perhaps, that's because I myself don't deserve to live."

Ultear then remembers a time when she was at the Library of Sorcery, how she'd discovered the Last Ages spell, but Master Hades had forbidden her from using it as the spell takes a tremendous cost from the caster.

Their own time.

In other words, their life.

So she'd agreed not to use it, though Ultear had been upset by that.

Ultear thinks as she gazes down at her right palm, "At this point, I will gladly pay. If giving up this life of sin and sorrow... if that can truly set the world as it was," both her hands become enveloped in rainbow light, "then, so be it!"

Ultear slams her hands on the ground in front of her as a pale blue light envelopes her body and she yells out, "Arc of Time: Last Ages!"

The clock strikes 1: 30 am.

Ultear screams as she feels as though her very soul is being ripped away from her body, as the spell takes away her time, the rainbow coloured light shooting up into the sky. After what feels like an eternity, the pain stops, and Ultear's skin has been ripped by the spell, along with her clothes, though they cover certain areas.

Ultear remains in her position as she shifts her red eyes to the clock, her right eye covered by her bangs. "It worked! I've done it! I've turned back time," She thinks in immense relief.

Ultear's eyes jerk wide when she sees that she was only able to turn back time by 1 minute. A sharp gasp flies out of Ultear's mouth as she thinks in horror, "What?! 1 minute?! Is that what my life was worth... just 1 minute?! No...! This can't be all they get. It's not enough! I've failed them!"

Ultear slowly collapses onto her stomach, face first into the ground, and doesn't get up again.

🗡🗡🗡

Vivian blinks her eyes when she sees a vision of herself dying, and looks at Rogue as she asks, "Hey, did you see that?"

Rogue nods. "Yes. It was like a premonition. I saw you die." Relief swims in Rogue's eyes as he gazes at the hazel eyed girl, seeing that she's very much alive.

"Here goes!" Sting leaps into the air and shoots beams of white light at Scissor Runner.

Vivian summons her Valkyrie Armor as Levia says, gazing around for the Shadow Dragon Slayer, "You cannot hide forever, Rogue, Vivian. Show yourself!"

Vivian says, "You're not going to get what you want! So, you can forget it! Oblique!" She lunges for Levia while thrusting her sword at him. Again, it has no effect.

Rogue melds into his shadow behind Levia, and pops his head out of the ground. Rogue leaps out of the ground and fires bolts of shadow at Levia, knocking him off his feet with a pained cry.

Concern flashes through Rogue's eyes as he tells Vivian, "Vivian, I need you to get to safety. Whatever that vision was, I don't want it to come true. Get out of here. No arguments."

"But, Rogue...!" She tries to protest.

Rogue glares sharply at her. "You're not even a Dragon Slayer! I can't bear to lose you. Now go! And that's final!"

Vivian purses her lips. She knew that Rogue only ordered her to leave because he cares about her, but... then, an idea pops into her head. "Fine. But promise me you'll both make it out alive."

"We promise," Rogue says.

Vivian whirls around and starts running off. "You will not escape me, Vivian!" Levia growls as he chases after the Hunter.

Shadows slam into the side of his head as Rogue growls, "I won't let you near her!"

Vivian gazes at the Shadow Dragon Slayer in awe, breathing, "Whoa...!" She then snaps herself out of it and continues on her way to the Eclipse Gate, where Lucy and the others were.

                        🗡🗡🗡

"Hey, guys!" Vivian calls, calls causing Lucy, Wendy, Mira and the others to turn to her. Yukino was there too.

"Viv!" Lucy says happily, relieved to see her friend is safe.

"What are you doing here? Mira asks.

"Rogue sent me here after I tried helping them fight two dragons," Vivian explains, breathing heavily from running. She then notices Lucy's new outfit. "By the way, when did you change your clothes?"

Her new outfit consists of a sleeveless purple tunic with black mini shorts and thigh high boots. She also has detachable sleeves on her arms.

"Never mind that! Look! I've figured out how to send Future Rogue and the dragons back to their time! We've gotta destroy the Eclipse Gate!" Lucy explains, holding up what looks like a diary.

"That's great! How do we destroy the thing?" Vivian asks.

"I've no idea. That's what we're trying to work out," Says Lucy. They fall silent as they try to come up with an idea.

Just then, a massive shadow falls over everyone, causing them to look up. Their eyes wide as Motherglare comes falling towards them, fire swirling around her.

"Everyone, get away from the gate!" Vivian yells, her eyes wide. They turn and start to get away. They have to throw themselves on the ground in order to avoid being crushed Motherglare as she slams into the Eclipse Gate, destroying it completely.

Theres a massive explosion and the Eclipse Gate crumbles, dust flying around them. When it clears, Motherglare's tail drops on the ground with a heavy thud.

"Natsu totally destroyed the gate!" Happy cheers.

"Nice work!" Lucy says, smiling.

Natsu takes a step back, breathing heavily. Motherglare begins to glow gold, surprising Natsu. Then, the dragon disappears.

Vivian gazes at Future Rogue, lying beneath Natsu, heavily injured.

Atlas Flame explains that they're returning to their own time, and tells Natsu that he'll never forget him.

"Couldn't have don't it without ya. Thanks, uncle," Natsu says gratefully.

Natsu and the others are Dragon Slayers, yet not one of them could slay a dragon. Vivian couldn't help but think it all pathetic.

Rogue regains consciousness and his own body begins to glow gold. Rogue stares at his right hand in disbelief. His gaze flicks over and lands on Vivian when she goes up to them.

Natsu looks at Vivian and says seriously, "Vivian, could you leave us? I need a moment alone with Rogue."

"I should get to stay. He's my mate, Natsu—"

"Please, Vivian. I need you to go," Natsu says, more firmly this time.

The Requip mage stares at him for a long moment. She nods at Natsu as she replies, "Alright."

Natsu watches with hard eyes as Vivian crouches beside Rogue and brushes lightly at his bangs.

Vivian meets his eyes as she murmurs, "I'll keep my promise. No matter what."

Rogue watches as Vivian straightens, turns away from him and walks away, going off to search for her Rogue.

"I may not know Rogue very well," Natsu speaks up, gaining the man's attention, "but he'll never become you. And, what was that promise Vivian made you? What do you mean that you're mates?" Natsu narrows his eyes suspiciously at the white haired man.

He silently hopes it's nothing too important.

"The shadow," Says Rogue.

"Huh?"

"The shadow will continue to follow me. He's relentless. And he won't be satisfied until he's swallowed me whole. And, then, on that fateful day that I lose Vivian and Frosch, it will finally happen. I will be swallowed by the darkness forever."

"That's not gonna happen," Natsu declares.

"It most certainly will. 1 year from now you must warn the Rogue from your time to protect Frosch and Vivian. 1 year from now Gray Fullbuster kills Vivian after he kills Frosch. Vivian already knew this, but they will kill Frosch. She'd promised me back on Motherglare that she'd protect Frosch no matter what. She and I had been mates from the beginning. It's the dragon term for lover. I've always loved her, and I always will."

Natsu's eyes jerk wide at the first part.

Future Rogue gives the Fire Dragon Slayer a final glare as his body fades away.

Natsu is shocked by what he'd been told. He is the one who kills Frosch? This is making my head hurt...

Vivian's P. O. V:

I leave Natsu and the others at the Eclipse Gate, and search for Rogue. Now that the Eclipse Gate has been destroyed, anyone who came back from the past or future will return, and that also means that Future Lucy can finally rest in piece.

That makes me feel relieved.

I also took note that the once blood red moon has now returned to its normal white colour. I head to where he was before he ordered me away, along with Sting's.

I see Rogue in a few minutes but no sign of Sting. Rogue must've sent him on ahead. I was relieved to know that they're alright as well.

Rogue turns when he catches my scent as I near him, and I pause, taking in his appearance. "Hey, Viv-chan," Rogue greets me as usual, a smile tugging at his lips. My face suddenly starts to become wet.

Why am I crying right now?

I run up to Rogue and wrap my arms around his neck. He returns my embrace as I bury my face in his shoulder. "Hey," I return his greeting, my voice soft.

We pull back and I cup Rogue's right cheek, my thumb gently brushing over his bangs. "Are you alright?" I ask in concern. "I was worried."

"I'm fine. I'm happy to see you, Viv-chan," Rogue replies, relief in his voice.

I say firmly, "I just want you to know, Rogue-kun, that for as long as I'm alive, I'll never allow you to become that monster. I promise."

Rogue stares at me for a moment. Then, he leans in and kisses my lips. We pull back, both of our faces flushed. "I love you, Viv-chan," Rogue says gratefully.

I smile as I reply, "I love you, too, Rogue-kun."

Rogue leans in and we kiss once more, deeply and passionately under the pure white light of the full moon. And, as we kiss, I feel tears of happiness and relief leak down my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 3.9K 23
╰┈➤┆(𝐘/𝐍) (𝐋/𝐍) is one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. She looks more innocent than mirajane. But behind that sweet smile is a butt kicki...
3.5K 44 14
Time period: After Grand Magic Games Further stories (from the anime or manga) updated after is not tied to this fanfic. Note: I don't own Fairy Tai...
1.9K 31 14
The war with Zeref has finally ended, but not the way everyone hoped. The Fairy Tail guild has one sole member still alive. That member is Lucy Heart...
6.3K 233 24
y/n is the ice dragon slayer of fairy tail. natsu is the fire dragon slayer of fairy tail. before sting and rogue rose to fame, y/n and natsu were kn...