Enchantress

By Ginnyzyn

Enchantress Book Series-1 ••• ♡ ••• Jennifer Andez is a simple beautiful college going girl. Her life was bea... More

••• Author's Note •••
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter-34
Chapter - 35
Chapter-36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Epilogue
Announcement

Chapter - 40

163 12 23
By Ginnyzyn

Daniel Adam's POV:

"Jen, where are you? What just happened?". I screamed and kneed down in the middle of my living room and pulled my hair in fear and frustration. Rubbing my face with my palm, my eyes landed on something on the floor near the staircase and without my consent my legs urged me towards the sight.

Blood?

I bent down and touched the blood strains with my fingers. My eyes were glued to my fingers and I felt like am gonna have a panic attack. "Whose blood it could be? Jen's?". This thought made me go crazy and I literally lost myself in fear.

Gritting my teeth, I turned around and stromed towards the security control room to check the CCTV footage. To my surprise, I couldn't find any single footage after I drove my car out of the penthouse. I noticed that, the security cameras have been jammed because it's wireless signal is been overpowered on the same frequency by a stronger signal. Kicking the systems in frustration, I rushed out of the control room to check on the door to make sure if it's broken. I've installed the biometric eye scanner door lock system in my front door and only I and Sean, could access that. Apart from us, my family members knows the password to walk-in in my absence. So, there is only one way to get inside my house without the biometric and password and that way is breaking the door which is impossible as it's an iron front door.

After double checking the door, it's evident that no one broke in because someone have typed in the password all patiently and who it could be? Not even Mr. Langston, whom Sean have appointed as Jenifer's driver and personal bodyguard guard knows the password or allowed to walk inside in my absence. Then who the hell it could be that knows the password of my house?

Clenching my jaws, I slapped my face for taking too much time in the office. I would have saved her if I was little bit early and now everything is screwed. Feeling like my soul left my body, I let my tears flow silently through the pain and breaks mine already broken heart. My body didn't move an inch in fear because of the blood strains I witnessed in the hallway and that's when I heard footsteps in the doorway. I turned towards the direction and saw Sean walking inside hurriedly. I tried to walk towards him but my steps halted in it's place because he believed me with his sister but I let him down. I failed to protect her and now how will I face him?

"What the hell is happening here? Where is Jenifer?". He yelled as soon as he stepped near me and saw the mess around.

I cleared my throat and lowered my head in guilt. "Someone used the red smoke bomb and she was already missing when I came back home!". I uttered without knowing what else to say.

"The fuck you mean by she is missing?". He screamed and I know he is losing his temper.

Bracing myself, I looked up at him and  couldn't hold back my tears. "I am scared, Sean! My wife is missing and all my guards have been taken down. There is blood all over the hallway as if someone dragged her". I spoke and pain engulfed me completely.

I waited for him to stab me with a sharp knife for not being able to protect his sister, my wife but he remained silent for a second and without saying anything, he pulled me into a brotherly hug. "We will find her. I am with you in this. Our Jenifer won't ever leave us. Don't worry". He convinced me and I hugged him back.

"I am sorry! I should have been careful enough and I broke your trust. I couldn't protect her. I let you down. I let her down". I cried into his arms because she is my everything and I can't fathom why this happened. We were so happy and everything was perfect and why suddenly someone has to walk in out of the blue and ruin everything?

"Fuck, Daniel! Stop blaming yourself. You have given the best security level possible to your home to keep her safe and I know how much you cared for her. You never let us down and throw this thought out of your mind. We will find her. Trust me!". His words didn't make anything better but I know I've my best friend with me in this most difficult time of my life.

Nodding my head painfully, I and Sean, drove straight to the Ministry of  police to make them take immediate action about this situation. When we reached there, media surrounded us and blocked the way.

"Mr. Adams, heard that your private penthouse has been attacked?". Someone from the media asked me as I kept walking by ignoring their questions with Sean beside me.

"Is it true that someone kidnapped your wife?". Another question raised and I gritted my teeth.

"Have you received any threat calls yet? Any demands from the kidnapper?". One more and Sean pushed away the media people from lunging into me.

"Is there any proof that your wife is alive? What if she is dead already?". I literally lost it when a guy asked me this question and I gave a hard punch on his face and grabbed him by his collars.

"She is alive! She won't ever leave me you heartless media bastard. Stay out of my way because I am already fuming in anger and this is my personal issue. Get your sick media ass away from me and my family".  I yelled at him and before I could give him another punch, Sean pulled me by my arms.

"Stop it, Daniel! We don't have time for their bullshit. Come, let's go". He dragged me by my wrist and I followed him. This time no one dared to raise a question because the punch I gave just before made them all shut their shitty mouths.

As we reached the cabin of Ministry of Police, I filled the complaint regarding my wife is missing. "Do you suspect anyone, Mr. Adams?". The head of the police department asked me for reference.

Before I could answer, Sean spoke. "It must be Massimo and his son because we already had some issues with them". He retorted.

"I understand Mr. Peterson! Mr. Knight and his son is already been wanted by our department. So, don't worry. We will take this case even more serious because yours and Mr. Adams family is respected the most in this country". The officer said politely and I shook my head angrily.

"We don't need your polite responses. What the fuck were you doing without arresting them even after I gave you all the evidence against them?". I yelled at the officer angrily.

"But Sir, we tried but before that Mr. Knight and his son have escaped". He defended himself and it made me even more angry.

"Don't you feel ashame to say this? Being the head of the Ministry of Police, you were unable to arrest two criminals?". I shook my head and gritted my teeth. "I swear, if I don't get my wife back, you will lose the interest to live your life". I warned him and he gulped in his throat.

"It's only been few minutes since the kidnappers kidnapped your wife from your home, Mr. Adams. They must be here somewhere close and within reach. We will spot them quickly. Don't worry, Sir!". He tried to convince me but my heart didn't feel any better because he is saying 'it's been only few minutes' as if those few minutes won't risk her life? Not even a second, in the blink of an eye, in the beat of a heart, I don't want my wife to be away from me. But now it's been more than half an hour since I have no idea about where she is and what she is doing.

"Listen carefully, Officer! Do whatever you want. Go to any extent and I'll manage the supreme officers. Burn the world down if necessary but I want my sister back. I want her safe and alive. Consider this as a request or warning but don't delay in taking any actions". Sean warned him seriously and the officer's eyes widen after hearing that she is Sean's sister.

With extreme trepidation, I and Sean, left the police office. "She will be okay, Daniel! We will be okay! Don't worry". Sean assured me while driving but my eyes were on the moving objects from outside the window without knowing where I am looking at.

"I know! She will come back because she knows her Daniel won't live without her but I don't believe in those bastards. They will definitely do something to hurt her. I shouldn't have left her alone even after she asked me to stick with her today. It was my mistake that I left her alone and now she is paying for it". I whispered enough for him to hear me and painful tears filled my eyes.

Sean Peterson's POV:

"She'll be fine! We will get her back. Stay strong, Daniel!". I tried to convince him but I, myself, is breaking from inside.

Jenifer is not only my sister but also like my first child. She looks exactly like my mother and whenever she is with me, it feels like I've my mother with me and she fills a part of my life which I kept empty for so long. She fills happiness inside me and makes me feel like I too have family. Like, real family. I could never imagine losing Jenifer in any way because without her I will again become a orphan and am not ready to lose her.

Clearing my messy thoughts, I parked my car in my mansion and looked at Daniel sitting lifeless beside me in the passengers seat. I know he loves her so much and this situation is really scary. I gently tapped on his shoulders and he looked at me as if he came out from a maze. "We are home". I told him and he stepped out of the car without say anything.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the car door and walked inside the mansion behind him. As we stepped inside our mansion, Stacy squealed on seeing Daniel and came running towards him. She hugged him as usual but he remained emotionless. Now it scares me so much because how we gonna say this to her? This will break the poor girl!

"Daniel, I missed you so much! And why did you send Ezme alone without Jen? Where is she?". She asked and looked behind him at the door to see if Jen is walking inside.

He looked at her blankly and walked away from us to his room without even uttering a word. She frowned when he walked away and tried to run behind him but I held her wrist from behind and stopped her. Her head turned towards me and she looked at my hand holding her wrist tightly. Slowly lifting her head up, she glared at me. "Leave me or else I'll tell Daniel that you hurt me!". She threatened me as always and I gave her a sad smile.

"Stacy, where is Ezme?". I asked her and ignored her angry looks.

"I put her to sleep". She replied and pulled her hand out of my hold.

I nodded and lowered my head. She noticed my silence and stepped near me. "What happened, Grumphy? Daniel didn't talk to me and you too looks sad!". She asked me and looked up at her face.

Looking into her eyes, I felt like crying because I am worried about my sister and also I know this is gonna hurt Stacy. "Jenifer is missing". I uttered in a low voice and she remained calm.

Calm before a Storm!

"Missing? She has a habit of going to Starbucks without informing anyone fearing that we will ask a share in her food. You don't worry, Grumphy". She patted my shoulders with her tiny hands and mocked Jenifer happily.

I looked at her happy face and a tear slipped from my eyes. After seeing me crying, she stopped laughing and her face fell. "Sean? Where is she?". Now, she asked me seriously and I pulled her into a hug and buried my face into her neck without my consent.

"We failed to protect her, Stacy! They kidnapped her and her life is in danger". I cried into her small fragile body and her soft hands hugged me back slowly.

"Who?". Her low voice fell into my ears like a sad melody.

I sniffed and my hands snaked her waist tightly. "Damian". I replied and her body went still.

I pulled away from her and looked at her face without releasing her from my hold. "I am scared! He will hurt her". She mumbled with tears in her eyes and her hands gripped the front of my shirt tightly.

"I promise you! I will bring her back to us. I won't ever give up on my sister. You trust me?". I asked her firmly and she hugged me tightly by pulling my neck closer.

I let her snuggle more into my arms and she cried in my shoulders. "I trust you, Sean! Please bring her back before I lose my only friend!". She sobbed and literally begged me.

I rubbed her back gently and gritted my teeth because I can't see her breaking like this and also the thought of someone hurting my sister is turning me into a psych. Controlling my anger, I pulled her away from me and cupped her cheeks softly. Before I could say something to comfort her, I heard a loud scream from the door way and our eyes snapped to the entrance. She pulled away from me after seeing that someone walking inside my house angrily and I couldn't believe in my eyes. I never thought in hundred years I would have this someone in my house. Without knowing what happened around me, I stood there blankly.

"Aunt....". Stacy tried to say something but her words were cut off by a hard slap landing on her face.

My eyes widen on seeing this women slapping my devil right in front of my eyes and Stacy looked at her blankly without knowing why she is being slapped. "You are a curse in my daughter's life, Stacy". My mother, Mrs. Athena Andez yelled at her and she lowered her head.

I didn't understand what she is saying and why she is being angry on Stacy.

Jenifer Adams POV:

Ouch!

I touched the back of my head and all I feel is pain. I know that I am bleeding from there because as I touched my skull I could feel hot blood oozing out from my head. Blinking my eyes, I tried to clear my vision but everything is dark around me. I couldn't move my legs or hands. It feels like someone tied my hands and legs because my wrists and ankles are paining. I shifted in my position as I was laying down on my side and couldn't move anymore. Wherever I am, it not spacious and i couldn't even turn around. Tried to lift my head slowly but my forehead hits something hard like wood and again my head fell back on it's previous position. Crying to myself because of the pain in my head and fear in my heart, I laid there and closed my eyes. After few seconds, what felt like few years, I sensed someone lifting me up and my eyes snapped open. I could feel myself shaking and moving up in the air and that's when I realized that I have been locked inside a wooden box. I cried and tried to scream but my mouth were taped. I kept twisting and turning and kicking the wooden box anticipating that he might drop me down and the top of the box might open and I could escape. But unfortunately, he kept walking as I weights like paper. Without knowing where he is taking me, I muttered the name of the only person I wanna be with.

"Daniel". His name suddenly feels very enchanting and I know he will be searching for me now. "I am here, Daniel! Long away from you but I know you will come for me. I'll wait for you but please come faster". I muttered to myself and sobbed inside this dark wooden box.

After few minutes of carrying me, I heard him talking to someone, maybe in a call. "She will reach there in a day and no one will doubt because this box is sound proof and she is helpless. Do whatever you want to do with her but never bring her back to this country". He spoke and my heart literally stopped.

"To this country? What does he mean? Is he sending me to some other country? Will Daniel be able to reach me?". These questions kept running in my mind as he dropped me into something and I heard a door locking sound.

"Goodbye, Bitch! Hope you will have fun there". I heard him laughing and kicking the box that I am in with his legs. I cried and my heart sank into my stomach because of this betrayal. I never thought he would do this to me and Daniel. I know he hates me but I didn't know he hates me this much. He wants me dead and gone forever.

"Why? Why Mr. Alessandro Adams? Why did you do this to me? I am your daughter-in-law and how could you do this to your family?". I muttered and tears rolled to the side of my face and sank into my ears.

It was him, Daniel's father. When I descended the staircase after hearing that loud noise from downstairs, I saw Alessandro walking inside our house and it was all smoky. Within few seconds of inhaling that smoke, I felt dizzy and fell on my knees on the floor. He came towards me and pulled me by my hair.

"It's your last day in my son's life, you low class bitch!". He twisted my hair in his hand to cause more pain and I pushed his hands away.

"Go away! I don't like you". I yelled at him and he laughed at me. Shaking his head, he hit me hard on the back of my head with a iron rod which he had in his hand the whole time.

"Ahhhh". I screamed in pain and fell on the floor on my back. I looked at him with half closed eyes without knowing why he is hurting me and he started dragging me by my one hand towards the front door.

"I feel sorry for you because you didn't even get time to say goodbye to your dear husband". He mocked me as he took me in his arms and deposited me into his car. I didn't fight back because I couldn't. My body gave up because of the amount of blood am losing and I closed my eyes but my heart was screaming Ezme's name. I am leaving the poor baby alone and I hope at least no one hurts her. I went unconscious in his car and when I opened my eyes I found myself inside a dark wooden box.

All I remember is, he dragged me from my house and now am in here inside this box. Feeling nausea, I touched my tummy and cried more because it's not only my life is in danger but also my unborn child's life. I was happily waiting for Daniel to come home and tell him that we are going to be parents for real. But Alessandro ruined it. What scares me the most is, where is he sending me and whom was he talking to?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
224K 1.8K 35
18+ Only Rated R (If you're underage like myself and you want to read this then go for it but just warning you it's STRONG sexual shit in this book...
9.8K 325 34
After the sudden death of her family, young Kylie takes a sorrowful trip out of the state and sojourned with her three years old brother in a new tow...
21.5K 1.1K 32
the plot revolves around sameera and Daniel. they both are very much different in character, status, caste..... they are like poles apart. his life...