Corrupted Civilization

By ARandomNon-B

What would happen if Mumei got abandoned from the Council and reached to the point where she could just die... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 32

1.5K 50 45
By ARandomNon-B

Kronii knew she was sleeping, since she was in her dreamland right now. What was once the dream she had when she was in coma, turned into a nightmare. Kronii stared at a dim weather, the grass field felt dry, more like there was no grass to begin with. She laid on a hard ground, the dry earth seemed like it wasn't watered for a very long time.

"What in the world is happening ?", thought Kronii as she looked straight to the sky, this kind of weather wasn't her favorite at all. Finally, she stood up, realizing at what kind of scenery she was at. Kronii hurried and ran only one way, to the tree, where she had met a certain person. Arriving to the tree, it had no leaves on its branches, it looked dead...but she found the person underneath of the tree.

"Mumei, what happened ?", asked Kronii worriedly. Mumei only turned her body to face Kronii, the warden got only a girl with a sad smile on her face.

"Kronii...I told you already...you going to regret this...", were the only words that escaped Mumei's mouth, Kronii couldn't even say anything back, she felt guilty. The guardian waited getting a reply, but saw...it wouldn't. Instead, she just sat down calmly and gazed at the dim sky, patting the spot next to her...

"Come Kronii, sit down, let's look at the sky together", she suggested, the warden had no other choice as to sit next to her. Just as Mumei told, together, they gazed at the sky, even if it wasn't great weather, Kronii just kept on watching the clouds cover most the sunlight.

"You know, I'm still waiting for an answer...", murmured the guardian, covering half of her face with her thighs and knees, yet her eyes were still visible. Kronii tried to find an answer, but it was hard to talk after everything that happened to her already.

"I'm sorry..."

"Only that ?"

"Yes, I'm sorry...that's the only thing I can tell you right now...", Kronii said, hiding her face from what kind of reaction Mumei would give her. However, instead Mumei just gave her a small sigh and a sad smile.

"It's fine, that outfit looks great on you by the way, I hope we meet each other in the future...", complimented Mumei, making Kronii blush like she never did in her life. Afterwards, they were just quiet, gazing at the sky and looking at the horrible state of the field, a sad sight for both of them. Mumei was just waiting for one thing, Kronii waking up...

The warden remembered in her own dream...she got kicked off the council and banned completely, she might be a normal human...in the outside world on top of that. And yet, she felt so free, so secure as she was sleeping, she didn't know why, but she somehow could feel a second heartbeat next to her. Without a particular reason, she could feel Mumei's heartbeat next to her. She wasn't sure why or if it was really hers, Kronii's was a calmer rhythm than the girl next to her.

"Mumei ?", Kronii said quietly, trying not to scare the guardian away. The brown-haired girl had her eyes closed, she was too relaxed probably, or exhausted, Kronii didn't know. In milliseconds, the girl opened her eyes slowly and calm, gazing directly at her.

"Hm ?", was the only noise the guardian made, it made Kronii slightly blush a little from the cuteness of the person next to her. Both of them were gazing at each other, not sure what to feel right now.

"I...I don't know, but I think I hear your heartbeat, could it be ?", Kronii asked, her blush was still there, but slowly fading as she asked the question in all seriousness. Mumei jumped a little as she heard Kronii asking that type of question, she wasn't sure what to say.

"H-huh ? My heartbeat ? I don't have any...", Mumei tried to talk to Kronii the usual way she used to talk, so that she could hide the fact that she was shocked. Kronii was confused at what Mumei said, the illusion of Mumei inside Kronii's mind was changing the way Kronii thought or desired.

"What you mean no heartbeat ? What you mean with that ?", Kronii asked for answers, but made Mumei fear her instead. By reason to Kronii's act of grabbing the guardian by her shoulders tight in strongly focused, Mumei's eyes showed fear, she was scared of Kronii, for what reason ? Maybe the way the warden behaved and grabbed her ? Maybe from the question ? Kronii didn't know.

"Kronii...please wake up...this is a dream...", said the guardian softly, scared of what Kronii would do next. However, the next thing Kronii did was extremely....odd, she started crying in front of the brown-haired girl. Mumei put her hands softly on Kronii's cheek, her gloves turned wet from the tears.

"Why you crying Kronii ?"

"I know you an illusion made by my own mind...but please tell me why you said that one sentence...I'm so close turning insane, I want to see you so bad...in hope you alive...", Kronii's voice weakened, her grip on Mumei's shoulders too, her arms swung down and she felt like her heart was breaking into thousands of pieces. To her expectation, she received a hug by none other than Mumei herself.

"Kronii...you need to wake up quick...there might be someone inside the room...please...wake up...", Mumei begged softly, still hugging the warden tightly, her voice was muffled as her mouth was right on Kronii's shoulder. Kronii tried to wake up, since it was strange for the guardian begging for it, but sooner or later...she woke up. Her eyes caught the little holes on top of her, letting the sunlight through. The blanket she slept with, was on the ground and something hugged her around the chest, it was the small, black slime with cute, blue eyes.

"Oh hey there buddy...you missed me huh", said Kronii as the slime changed back to its usual shape and removed itself from the chest, the warden patted the slime softly, getting a cute reaction. Suddenly, when Kronii looked at the entrance she saw a stranger.

"Gwak...who are you ?", Kronii asked, searching for a weapon, but suddenly felt strong pain on the same arm she used to pat the slime. She found a peripheral venous catheter...its nail dug right into her median cubital vein, the tube led to the stranger.

"Scanning person...awake and conscious...hello, I gave you nutrients while you were sleeping during night, I apologize if I scared you chosen-one", said the person softly. Kronii immediately realized it wasn't a human, but a robot instead. The robot girl approached the warden, the slime tried bumping her, but she had no reaction to its attack. She quickly, yet softly removed the nail from Kronii's vein, a band aid was put right after the removal of the catheter nail.

"What is your name ? And how do you know about the chosen-ones ? And why are you here ?", Kronii asked, she went right to her questions. The robot looked at her softly, the way she acted was just the same way a normal human would act, Kronii was fascinated by that.

"My name is Roboco, and I tell you everything you need everything you need to know...just please tell me your question one at a time", answered Roboco as she gave a silly face, the robot simply stood there and answered all the questions the warden had for her...

The morning at the council place was different than usual, IRyS woke up to a king-sized bed without Baelz in it, did the rat wake up way sooner than her ? IRyS stood up and prepared for the day, afterwards, she looked up for Bae, but couldn't find her instead. Hope found Fauna and Sana instead, she went right to them.

"Hey you two, good morning, have you seen Bae ?", asked IRyS, not letting the keeper and speaker greet back.

"Whoa IRyS, why the rush ? Bae is probably somewhere here...", said Sana back, worried about IRyS for the sudden talk. Suddenly as they were talking, speaking of the devil, Baelz called for a meeting.

"I want only the ones who are new here and the council members inside the meeting, now", exclaimed chaos as she was already inside the meeting room. Everyone curiously went, even IRyS, since she was always next to Baelz during the meetings, they were married after all. As hope went to her usual spot, Bae instantly glared at her.

"I said only council members and the newbies, get out", exclaimed Baelz angrily, IRyS, just like Fauna and Sana were shocked at chaos' sudden order, she never kicked her wife out of a meeting before. Hope was the most confused of everyone inside the room, which was reasonable...

"H-huh, Bae, are you okay ? I'm your wife.."

"Yes and ? Are you a council member ? No, so get out of here"

"B-but I'm your wife Bae..."

"If you think that your title as my wife gives you the priority to be present here, then you are totally wrong IRyS, get out of here or divorce can happen way faster than you can think about", IRyS was speechless at Bae's sudden behavior, she never saw her wife act this way. The only thing she could think about was to leave the room for good, she didn't want a divorce after all...

"W-what was that ?", asked hope to herself, shocked at what she witnessed couldn't be Baelz...but it was her in flesh and blood...

"What is wrong with her ?", IRyS was worrying what she did wrong to get such a sudden change from her wife...maybe how IRyS chose to rather keep Kronii in the council yesterday and Baelz wasn't over it...but never could she get that mad and aggressive after such a deal where she actually got a bigger amount of her banning the warden...right ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 412 39
(OC X Honkai Impact) Current status: ON HOLD Typically Honkai Beast killers are called Valkyries. For males, they're called Knights instead. However...
26.9K 539 23
2 male members join Hololive and were placed into the Holocouncil, however Ouro Kronii and Hakos Baelz were familiar with them since they were relate...
11.3K 411 16
A young mute boy just trying to survive this whole thing we call life, and is currently up against his toughest challenge yet...high school. Not only...
71.1K 1.3K 49
Izuku Midoriya struggled with life, to say the least, ever since he was announced quirkless,he lost everyone,everyone that he cared for.His best frie...