Legend

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Swashbuckling tales of pirates had always intrigued Jackie for as long as she could remember. Pirate ships ha... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Jacqueline
Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Two
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Three
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Book Two

07

70 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

STORYBROOKE - FIVE DAYS AGO

Belle and Mr. Gold were standing on the dock. Mr. Gold was standing on the ramp leading into the Jolly Roger.

"You have to stay here," Mr. Gold said.

"No!" Belle cried. "Why? I wanna help."

"Well, Greg and Tamara weren't working alone. Others will follow." He handed her a scroll. "It's a cloaking spell. It'll shield the town making it impossible to find."

"Then how will you find your way back to me?" Mr. Gold glanced at David who boarded the ship. "You're not coming back to me, are you?"

"The prophecy. The boy is my undoing, but he's also my grandson. I must save him."

"I understand, but I also know... that the future isn't always what it seems. I will see you again." They kissed. The Jolly Roger disappeared into a portal. Leroy, Mother Superior, Archie and the rest of the dwarves run onto the dock.

"They did it!" Leroy cried. "They saved us! They did save us, didn't they?" He noticed Belle crying. "Tears of joy?"

"Are you okay?" Archie asked.

"What happened? Where is everyone?" Mother Superior wondered.

"When they stopped the self-destruct device those people who came, Greg and Tamara... They kidnapped Henry, and they took him through a portal," Belle explained.

"A portal to where?"

"I -- I -- I don't know. Everyone else followed them on Hook's ship."

"Why'd you stay behind?" Leroy asked.

"Because I had to." She took out the scroll, removed a vial from it, and showed the scroll to Mother Superior.

"It's a cloaking spell," Mother Superior noted. "Why?"

"Because Rumple said -- he said that others were coming."

A red car drove down a road. Inside were John and Michael Darling.

"Who exactly does Gold think is coming?" Leroy questioned.

"He didn't say specifically," Belle said.

"Well let's not panic," Archie told the others. "I mean, for all we know, it's a precaution. Right?"

"He did say they were working with the people who tried to destroy the town."

"Can we panic now?" Leroy asked.

"Yeah, sure, maybe, just... a little," Archie replied.

"We'll be fine as long as we get this up in time," Belle said as she nearly walked into a support beam.

Leroy guided her away. "Careful sister. Mines are a dangerous place."

"Fairy dust," Mother Superior stated. "We just need to open a vein and that'll carry the magic through town."

"No time for whistlin', boys, let's get swingin'." The dwarves started chipping away at the rock. The Darlings were getting closer to the town. They opened a fairy dust vein and Belle approached to cast the spell, but paused. "What is it?"

"Oh... I've never cast a spell before," Belle admitted. "Maybe you should do this." She turned to Mother Superior.

"No," Mother Superior said. "Mr. Gold entrusted this task to you for a reason. You just need to believe in yourself."

"Okay." She poured the contents of the vial into the vein of fairy dust. They waited. Nothing happened.

"You might want to believe a little harder," Leroy said.

The spell activated and shot through the mines, to the center of Storybrooke and up to the sky, starting to cover the town in a barrier. The Darlings' sped up, making it to the inside of the barrier with only their back bumper being taken off. The car screeched to a halt.

NEVERLAND LAGOON - PRESENT

Mr. Gold was drawing a diagram in the sand to give Ariel directions to Storybrooke. Regina is standing off to the side.

"That's Storybrooke?" Ariel asked.

"Can you get there?" Mr. Gold questioned.

"It's far. I'll have to cross over realms to get there, but yes, I can make it."

"If all went according to plan, Storybrooke will be surrounded by a cloaking spell. When you arrive, surface closer to the shore, then you're inside it's bounds."

"And what would you like me to bring you back?"

"An object to help us defeat Pan."

"Well, I'm going to need a little more than that to go on."

"I'm sorry. Pan has ears everywhere. I can't risk telling you."

"Then how?"

"Find a woman named Belle and then give her this." He tossed Ariel a sand dollar. "She'll know what to do."

"Belle. Storybrooke. Got it. And Eric? Where will I find him in this new world?"

"Well that comes after you've succeeded," Regina told her. "Incentives are important. The bracelet will only give you legs for 24 hours."

"How do I know you will uphold your end of the bargain when I'm back?"

"Guess you'll just have to trust me."

Ariel turned and dove into the water.

---

Pan and Felix were preparing weaponry. Pan shifted uncomfortably.

"What is it?" Felix asked.

"Someone's leaving Neverland," Pan replied.

"Where? How shall we stop them?"

"Well it's too late. Don't worry, Felix. We simply need to get word to our friends on the ground."

"In Storybrooke?"

"Oh, they can handle this. All it does is move our time table up a touch. We need to get  ready." He stood. "And I need to have a chat with our friend in the other cage."

Emma, Neal, Mary Margaret, Jackie, Matthew and David gathered in a clearing.

"Pan's shadow?" Emma asked. "That's your way off the island?"

"Unfortunately, that's the only way," Neal replied.

"Uh, we, thought you learned a way to navigate the stars," David said.

"I know how to navigate the stars, but I can't fly."

"I'm guessing that's where the Shadow comes in," Mary Margaret noted as Hook joined them, standing next to David.

"That's why we have to capture it."

"Capture it?" Emma repeated. "We've never been within ten feet of Pan unless he wanted us to be. Sneaking up on him to steal his shadow? That seems insane."

"Except that Pan's Shadow is rarely with him," Hook told them. "It's an entity unto itself. It can carry out his will from miles away."

"What does that mean for us?" David wondered.

"It means we can get his shadow without having to be anywhere near Pan," Neal explained. "As long as we know where to look. I know where to look."

"Okay. You, Emma and I are on shadow duty," Jackie instructed and she, Emma and Mary Margaret stood.

"As am I," Hook said. "This trek won't be easy. You could use another Veteran of the island."

"Thanks, man," Neal replied.

Matthew shook his head. "I'll stay with the others. I'd rather not be Pan's prisoner again. Hook, my sister gets hurt, you'll pay a hefty price."

"Glad to see threatening runs in the family," Hook muttered. "Rest assured that Jacqueline is safe within my care."

"And in the meantime we'll give Tinker Bell a heads up," David told them. "See if she can make good on her promise to get us into Pan's camp."

"Okay. We meet back at Tink's, then we get Henry, and get the hell back to Storybrooke," Emma said.

Neal, Jackie and Emma started out of the clearing. Mary Margaret brushed passed David, followed by Matthew. Hook and David paused for a second before breaking as well.

STORYBROOKE

The Dwarves were sitting outside near the water having lunch.

Happy spoke. "Can I say somethin' boys? You know I love Snow and Charming, but -- Can I be honest? It's kinda nice not having them around."

"Happy," Leroy called.

"No, really. It's only been five days, but it's the first five days with no killing!"

"No wraiths," Mr. Clark added.

"No giants stepping on my miata," Doc said.

"It has been peaceful," Walter agreed.

"Enough," Leroy told them. "I don't wanna hear any more of this. Snow and Charming are coming back and everything will remain normal." He noticed something out in the water. Ariel surfaced near shore.

"Hi! I'm Ariel," the mermaid greeted as she too the bracelet out of her bag and walked onto shore to meet the dwarves. "Do you know where I could find someone named Belle?"

The Darling brothers watched the interaction.

"The home office was right," Michael said. "She's here. What now?"

"We follow our orders," John replied. "We find out why she came. Then we make sure she never leaves this town again."

GRANNY'S DINER

Belle was sitting at the bar and Granny served her a plate of food.

"What's the matter?" Granny asked. "Too many pickles, not enough pickles?"

"No," Belle replied. "I guess I'm just not hungry." Granny nodded to Archie, who was sitting two seats away.

"All right, so that's the fourth cheeseburger you've turned down this week," Archie said as he changed seats to sit next to her. "This is about Gold, isn't it?"

"It's certainly not my cooking," Granny stated as she walked back into the kitchen.

"You miss him."

"Yeah," Belle answered. "And it's just... He said he was going off to his death. And I just... I wish I was... I wish I was able to help him. Help save Henry and Aubree."

"But you protected Storybrooke. That's just as important."

Belle scoffed. "All I did was pour a potion over some rocks. The dwarfs did all the hard work."

"Hey, you wanted to be a hero. Sounds like you were. You kept the bad guys out."

"What bad guys? Come on, face it, nobody's coming here. I wasn't on that ship because he doesn't need me." The door opened and Leroy and Ariel walked in.

"Beg to differ, sister, 'cause this little lady just swam a really long way to find you," Leroy said.

"Uh, maybe you didn't notice the sign?" Granny commented. "No shirt, no shoes, no service."

"Now you've got a dress code? I seem to recall some Ruby outfits that are seared into my brain."

"So, who are you?" Belle asked. "Why are you here?"

"I came from Neverland," Ariel replied. "Rumpelstiltskin sent me."

"Wait, really? He's a-he's alive?"

"Yes." She reached into her pouch and pulled out the sand dollar. "And he wanted me to give you this." Ariel handed it to Belle.

MR. GOLD'S PAWNSHOP

"A sand dollar?" Belle stated. "What am I supposed to do with it?"

"Don't ask me," Ariel replied. "I'm just the delivery girl." Belle set it on the table and went to look at it with a magnifying glass. The magic within it activated and it glowed golden. "Looks like you figured it out." A hologram of Gold appeared.

"Belle," Mr. Gold said.

"Rumple," Belle called.

"I hope you raised the cloaking spell. The people headed to town are far more dangerous than even I first believed. They're unwitting pawns in Pan's game. I told you I was going to my death. I've found another way. I can defeat Pan and live, but only if you get me something from the shop. The object I need is hidden, but I know that with the strength of our love, you'll find it." The magic receded and the hologram cut.

"He'd really into being cryptic, isn't he?" Ariel commented.

"He wants my help," Belle realized. "He wants me to save them! Henry -- Everyone."

NEVERLAND

Team True Love was preparing for their missions.

"Hey, you need help with-" David was cut off.

"No, I can handle my pack," Mary Margaret said. "Thanks." She got up and walked away from him.

"Mary Margaret." Mary Margaret joined Emma and Jackie on the opposite side of camp.

"How long is this going to go on?" Emma asked.

"What?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"This whole not-talking-to-each-other thing? Don't you think it's been long enough? He didn't tell you about his illness because he wanted to keep the focus on the mission. I get that."

"Good to see you've inherited his tunnel vision."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing." They both stood.

"You say a lot with nothing."

Mary Margaret turned to Jackie. "Be careful with Hook and Neal."

"What we need to be careful with is the Shadow," Jackie said.

"The fact that they both have feelings for you is dangerous, too. Matthew seems to be eyeing you, Emma, but I don't think you'll have to worry about him for now."

"None of that matters. All I care about is getting my friend's son back."

PAN'S CAMP

Henry was sitting off to the side, away from the other Lost Boys.

Pan approached him and said, "There you are. Care to take a stroll? There's someplace special I'd like to show you."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Henry retorted.

Pan knelt down. Henry kept his back turned. "Why not, Henry?"

"I think you're lying to me. My family, they're here. On Neverland. I know it."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Does it matter?"

"No, it doesn't. But I'd be remiss if I didn't point out what does. If your family is here, Henry, why haven't they come for you?"

Henry finally turned to face Pan. "Maybe you're keeping them from me."

Pan, whispered, "Henry, I promise you, I'm not holding your family prisoner."

"Then why do you keep disappearing into the jungle? You're hiding something from me, and I'm gonna find out what it is." He got up and walked into the foliage.

Felix approached Pan and Pan stood before Felix said, "It would appear we're losing the boy."

"They just requires some effort," Pan replied. "Given his lineage, I'd expect nothing less."

"Shall I bring the cage here?"

"No. I have another idea." He turned.

---

Hook, Neal, Jackie and Emma were in Neal's cave. Neal started looking around.

"Something tells me we won't find Pan's Shadow in here, mate," Hook said.

"Yeah, we're looking for something else," Neal told him. "It's a coconut that's carved in two. One part holds a candle, the other part goes on top-"

"Yeah, your start map," Emma interrupted. "We hid it. Jackie and I'll go grab it." She left.

"I owe you thanks for being so understanding," Hook said.

"Understanding about what?" Neal asked.

"Jacqueline and me."

"Jackie and you?"

"Our dalliance." Neal looked on in confusion. "You don't know do you? Well, this is awkward. The two of us shared a kiss. Apologies, I assumed she told you."

"Honestly, it probably slipped her mind. We're kind of focused on getting Emma's and my son back."

"Of course." Emma and Jackie walked back in.

Emma and Jackie paused, noticing the tense air and asked, "Everything all right?"

Neal turned from Hook. "Couldn't be better." He took the coconut.

"Here it is: your star map," Jackie said.

"It's not a star map. It's what we're gonna use to trap Pan's Shadow." He put it in his bag.

"A coconut?" Hook questioned. "Are you daft?"

"You came to Neverland on a pirate ship through a portal, but you draw the line at a magic coconut?"

"Fair enough. What's out next stop on this mission?"

"Dark Hollow." Hook gave Neal an incredulous look.

"Really?" Emma said. "Why couldn't it be called something like Sunshine Valley or Rainbow Cove? What exactly is it?"

"Just what it sounds like," Hook answered. "The darkest spot on the entire island. Any light that makes it's way in is snuffed out by the shadows that call it home. Even I manage to avoid it."

"Well, time to break tradition. Dark Hollow it is. That's where we're gonna find Pan's Shadow, right?"

"Yeah, it's the only way we'll ever get back to Storybrooke," Neal replied and they left the cave.

STORYBROOKE

Belle and Ariel were looking around Gold's shop for the object that he needed.

"Look at this stuff," Ariel said.

"Yeah. He's a... bit of a collector," Belle replied.

She held up a corkscrew. "This is a..."

"Corkscrew. But it's not what Rumple needs."

Ariel gasped. "It's a..."

"Button. Also not what Rumple needs."

"No, I know, but Eric -- he... he had one just like it on his jacket when I rescued him."

"And Eric is...?"

"He's a prince. The kind with legs." Belle chuckled. "I fell in love with him a long time ago, but it didn't work out."

"Because you're a mermaid?"

"Something like that." She pocketed the button.

"Well, that's just one more reason that we need to succeed." Ariel nodded. "So, Rumple said I'd find the hiding space with the strength of our love. Ah. There's only one thing he could've been talking about." She picked up the chipped teacup.

"That's a...?"

"Teacup."

"It's chipped."

"I know. But no matter how much this thing has been through, it's survived. Just like our love."

"So what now? Do we make tea?"

"I'm not sure. Rumple used to keep it in here." She walked to the cupboard and opened it. She placed the teacup on the saucer, and magic swirled out from it revealing a trap door on the floor next to her. "He enchanted it. It -- it's a key." She opened the compartment and took the object inside.

"It's a box."

"I've read about this in my books, but I didn't realize it was real. Or that Rumple had it."

"What is it?"

"It's Pandora's Box. Legend says it contains the world's darkest evil."

"Shouldn't you be wearing gloves or something?"

"No. As long as we don't open it, we're fine."

"Oh. Yeah, sure. So what do you think is inside of it?"

"Well, whatever it is, it's what Rumple's gonna use to defeat Pan."

The Darling brothers entered. They both pointed guns at Belle and Ariel.

"All that trouble for a box?" John asked.

"Who are you?" Belle wondered.

"The people you tried to keep out of Storybrooke," Michael replied.

Michael secured the ropes around Ariel and Belle. They were tied up in the middle of the room. Belle was struggling.

"Stay still," John ordered.

"I don't understand," Ariel said. "Why do we keep doing what he tells us?"

"Because he has a gun," Belle answered.

"What's a gun?"

"Trust me, you don't want to find out," John told her.

Michael grabbed Pandora's Box and leaned in to interrogate Ariel. "What did Rumpelstiltskin tell you about this thing?"

"I'm not afraid of you, or your gun," Ariel said. "And not just because I don't know what it is."

"Shall we demonstrate?" John shot back. "The box. What is it?"

"It's magic," Belle told them. "Which you're only gonna destroy anyway, so why do you even care?"

"Because our boss wants to know," Michael answered.

"Your boss?" She scoffed. "You don't even know what this is all about; or who you're really working for."

"Peter Pan," John said.

"What?"

"Yes," Michael confirmed. "We know exactly who we're working for."

"But Rumple said that-"

John cut her off. "Greg and Tamara didn't know. They were... patsies. We, on the other hand, are aware of our real mission."

"Which is what?"

"Seeing that your Rumple fails," Michael replied. "And that this thing never makes it back to Neverland."

NEVERLAND

Felix and Pan were walking out of camp.

"Head to the other side of the island and deliver the supplies," Pan instructed.

"Understood," Felix answered. "Anything else?"

"Just be certain Henry doesn't find out what you're up to."

Felix walked off. Pan returned to camp. Henry was behind a nearby tree listening and followed after Felix.

---

David and Mary Margaret walked through the woods. Matthew followed behind. David offered her a drink of water. She brushed by him.

"Here," David said.

"I'm okay," Mary Margaret replied.

"Are you? Because you've hardly said two words to me since the Caves. Hell, since yesterday. Look, I know you're upset I didn't tell you I was poisoned, and even though it might seem like it wasn't fair, that's all I was trying to do. Be fair."

She stopped walking. "I think Tinker Bell's is that way." She started walking again. David paused a moment and sighed before following after her.

Matthew let out a sigh. "This is quite an awkward day."

---

Neal, Emma, Jackie and Hook walked towards Dark Hollow.

"We're gonna have to cut our way through," Neal said.

Emma unsheathed her cutlass, nearly hitting Hook in the face. "Here. Use this."

"My cutlass." He took it. "You find it in the cave?"

"No, actually, Hook gave it to me."

"Since when are you sentimental?"

"I thought Emma, and perhaps Jacqueline would wish to have something to remember you by," Hook replied.

"Oh, thanks. They've got me now." He went to cut through the brush.

"What was that about?" Emma and Jackie wondered.

"I assumed he had heard my secret," Hook answered, focusing on Jackie. "I also assumed that you'd told him of our shared moment."

"Why would you assume that?" Jackie questioned, raising a brow.

"Because I was hoping it meant something."

"What meant something was that you told us Neal and Matthew were still alive. Thank you. I realize you could've kept Pan's information to yourself."

Emma followed after Neal, deeming the conversation private.

"Why would I have done that?"

"I don't know. Maybe Pan offered you a deal. Why else would he tell you?"

"It was a test. He wanted to see if I'd leave a couple old friends to die, even if the old friend happens to be vying for the same woman I am."

"And you chose your friends?"

"Does that surprise you?"

"You are a pirate like I."

"Yeah, that I am. But I also believe in good form. Something I'm sure you remember quite well. So when I win your heart, Jacqueline, and I will win it, it will not be because of any trickery. It will be because you want me."

"This isn't a contest Hook."

"Isn't it? You're gonna have to choose, Jackie. You realize that, don't you? Because neither one of us is gonna give up."

"The only thing I have to choose is the best way to get my friend's son back."

"And you will."

"You think so?"

"I've yet to see you fail. And when you do succeed, well, that's when the fun begins."

"Guys!" Neal called as he walked over and presented the cutlass. "I think I found it." They walked through the brush and into Dark Hollow; dead trees surrounded them. Wind snuffed out their lanterns. "The Dark Hollow."

"So this is where the victims of Pan's Shadow reside?"

"Yeah. Forced to spend eternity in this darkness. Come on. Let's be sure not to join them."

STORYBROOKE

Ariel and Belle were tied up alone in Gold's shop, struggling to get out.

Belle grunted. "They're too tight."

"We'll find a way out," Ariel reassured.

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because I'm an optimist."

"I wish I could be, but every time I try to be a hero it just... it just feels like it backfires. I'm sorry you won't get to be with Eric."

"Don't worry about me. Even after the magic wears off this bracelet, I'll find him and I will tell him how I feel. As long as he lives near the beach."

"Bracelet? Is that what turned your tail into legs?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I think we can get out of here."

"How?"

"By stretching your fins. Can you get that bracelet off?"

"Oh." Ariel started to try and reach for it. "No, I can't reach it."

"Okay. Hang on." Belle reached for the bracelet instead.

"You got it?"

"I can. I can." She ripped the bracelet off. "Got it!" Ariel's legs turned back into a tail. They fell over. Ariel was free and started untying Belle.

"See? That didn't backfire." They exited the shop. "Where did they go?"

"The protection spell is still up, so they can't leave Storybrooke."

"Well then, what are they going to do with the box?"

"If I wanted to make sure it doesn't end up in Neverland, I'd destroy it."

"How do you destroy something so powerful?"

"You'd need something just as strong."

"Like what? More magic?"

"No. No, a dwarfs pickaxe. The kind that can smash a diamond. The kind that their friends, who took Henry, used to start all this trouble. Come on, hurry." They headed down the street toward the mines.

NEVERLAND

David, Matthew and Mary Margaret were nearing Tink's.

"I think we're almost at Tink's," David said. "I can see why she picked this area. Nice, quiet jungle. Might make a good spot for a hut, don't you think? Or a tree house, if you'd prefer. Mary Margaret." She kept walking. "Snow! When are you going to start talking to me again? When we're storming Pan's camp? When we're grabbing Henry? When? You need to say something!" Mary Margaret paused and turned to face him.

"Why? You didn't! You didn't tell me anything!" Mary Margaret cried.

"At first I was hoping that I could find a cure for the poison, and if I could, then I figured there was no reason to worry you."

"Okay. But then you did find a cure, and you still didn't tell me!"

"I know."

"So what? You were afraid to worry me again?"

"No, I -- I -- I -- I didn't think-"

"No! You didn't think! You didn't think I had a right to know you can never leave this island? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared!"

"Did you think I wouldn't stay here with you? After everything we've been through, did you think I would ever leave your side?"

"No, I knew you wouldn't. That's what scared me. And I didn't want that for you -- I didn't want you to be stuck on this island with me. The price of this cure was something I didn't want to force on you."

"Love means being together."

"I know. It also means sacrifice and protecting the person you love. How could a part of me not want you to leave this place?"

"I would happily build a tree house and spend the rest of my days dodging poison arrows and Lost Boys as long as I had you by my side! But you should have told me."

David whispered, "I know. I'm sorry." They hugged.

"You didn't believe, David. You needed to believe in us." He kissed the side of her face.

Matthew smiled. "Well, now that's that's settled, let's find a fairy and get your grandson."

---

Emma, Neal, Jackie and Hook crept through Dark Hollow as they looked for Pan's Shadow.

"So we just wait for Pan's Shadow to show up?" Emma asked.

"Yeah," Neal said. "And when it does, we'll be prepared." He took the coconut from his bag.

"You wanna tell me how that coconut works?"

"We light the candle and the Shadow's drawn to it." He set it on a dead tree stump. "When it gets close enough, the flame will suck it in. We put the lid on, and it's trapped inside this bad boy."

"Sounds like a fine plan except for one thing," Hook commented. "Out lanterns went out. How the devil are we going to ignite that bloody thing?"

Neal flashed a lighter. "Welcome to the 21st century." Neal tried striking the lighter. It sparked, but it didn't ignite.

"How's it coming over there, lads?" Jackie questioned.

"Hang on." He tried igniting it near the candle wick in the coconut.

"Let me help," Hook said as he gestured for the lighter.

"No-u-I've got it."

"I've only got one hand. I can do better than that."

"You know what? Now's not the time to try to impress Emma or Jackie."

"Oh, you think that's what I doing?"

"Really?" Emma asked. "You're doing this now?"

"You heard her. Are we gonna stand here and argue or are we gonna get the candle lit?" Hook snatched the lighter from Neal and attempted to light the candle.

"Harder than it looks, huh, pal?" Neal said. "Let me see it." Neal tried to take the lighter. Hook didn't let go. They were tug-of-warring over it. "Give it to me!" Neal pulled and the lighter went flying into the carcass of a hollowed out, dead tree stump.

"Lads, we don't have time for this," Jackie told them before groaning and picked up the coconut. Pan's Shadow flew in. She drew her cutlass. "We really don't have time for this! Is that Pan's Shadow?"

"Yeah, that's Pan's Shadow!"

Hook drew his blade. "What about the other two?" The shadows flew around them, the wind pushed all of them off balance and separated the group.

"He's controlling them!"

One of the shadows swiped at Emma and Jackie. Another pushed Hook into a nearby tree. He cried in pain.

"Hook!" Jackie and Emma called as Neal got swept up by the third shadow.

"Emma! Jackie!" Neal yelled as Pan's shadow flew by Emma and Jackie's faces.

The Shadow rounded again, and Emma and Jackie swiped at it with the cutlasses to keep it away. The other two shadows started ripping Hook and Neal's shadows from their bodies. Both men were screaming in pain.

"Emma! Jackie! Get out of here!" Neal told them.

"Just go!" Hook added.

Both were still screaming in pain. Emma took the coconut from Jackie and opened it as she held her hand above it, trying to use magic to ignite the flame. The wick ignited and Pan's shadow took notice. It struggled to try and avoid capture but got sucked in anyway. Emma put the lid on it. The other two shadows disappeared, dropping Neal and Hook as their own shadows re-entered their body.

"How did you do that?" Neal asked.

"...Regina..." Emma admitted.

"She's teaching you magic?"

"Yeah, I guess she is."

---

Henry walked through the woods to follow Felix. He stepped on a twig, causing Felix to turn. Henry ducked into the foliage. Felix kept walking. Henry peeked back out and followed.

STORYBROOKE MINES

Ariel and Belle were walking through the mines trying to track down John and Michael Darling before they destroyed Pandora's Box.

"They're, uh, probably just up ahead," Belle said.

"Shouldn't we wait for the dwarves?" Ariel asked.

"We don't have time."

"Here. Use this pickaxe," Michael said.

Belle and Ariel rushed out of hiding and the former said, "You can't do that." Michael raised his gun. John had the pickaxe ready to swing. "You destroy that box, people we really care about will die."

"Then we have something in common," John told her. "Because if we don't, someone we care about will die."

"What are you talking about?"

"None of your concern," Michael retorted. "Now stay back. We don't want to hurt you."

"But we will," John said. "You should know when to walk away."

"Never," Belle retorted as she pulled a lever, which sent the mine cart down the tracks toward the Darling Brothers. At the same time, John pulled back to strike Pandora's Box. The cart reached him before he could and knocked the two over. Belle grabbed the box and kicked away the gun.

John and Michael stood and the former said, "Please. You're making a terrible error. There is too much at stake."

"Destroying magic?"

"That's not it. We don't care about magic."

"Then what were you trying to do?"

"Trying to save our sister."

"Your sister?" Ariel repeated.

"She's been Pan's prisoner for a long time."

"Over a century," Michael replied.

"That's impossible," Belle said. "You'd be-"

"Dead," John finished. "We're well aware. Pan has kept us alive to do his bidding, and as long as we do, she lives."

"And then when we're done," Michael said. "He'll free her. And us."

"But now..."

"Now is your best chance," Belle told them. "We can defeat Pan, and your sister can finally be set free."

"You think you're the first person who thought they could beat him?"

"Why? Have you tried?"

"Yes. But we failed. It's how our sister ended up his prisoner in the first place."

"We tried to be heroes... but it just made things worse," Michael admitted.

"And now? Not that we've failed, he'll kill her."

"We get this back to Neverland, Pan is gonna have much bigger things to worry about," Belle said.

"Can you really stop him?"

"Yeah. I believe we can. And if what you're saying is true, we will save your sister."

"Who is she?" Ariel asked and the brothers paused and exchanged an unsure glance.

"Her name is Wendy," Michael replied. "Wendy Darling. If you see her, tell her John and Michael are waiting for her."

NEVERLAND

Pan was unlocking the cage that Wendy Darling had been kept in during her stay on the island.

"Am I... am I free?" Wendy asked.

"Not yet, Wendy?" Pan said as he held his hand out to help her stand. "But that doesn't mean you can't come out and play."

STORYBROOKE - BEACH

Ariel was preparing to cross realms back into Neverland to deliver the item. Belle was seeing her off.

"So uh, remember what I told you," Belle said.

"Don't worry," Ariel reassured. "I'll deliver your message to Gold."

"Good luck."

Ariel whispered, "Okay." She entered the water and removed her bracelet, then headed off to Neverland. Belle lingered a moment and left.

NEVERLAND

Felix was walking through the woods with Henry tailing him. Felix dropped a bag of supplies in front of a ladder leading to a tree house and left. Coughing could be heard inside the treehouse. Henry picked up the supplies and went to investigate. He found Wendy laying in bed, appearing to be sick.

"Who are you?" Henry asked.

"You aren't supposed to be here," Wendy said.

"I know. I thought Pan might be keeping my family here. Why are you so far away from the camp?"

"I'm -- I'm sick. He's afraid someone might catch it."

"Who are you?"

"My name's Wendy."

"Wendy Darling?" Wendy nodded. He sat on the side of her bed. "I'm Henry. What's wrong?"

"It's the island, Henry. Its power is fading. I've been here a long time, but, well, for some reason it's affecting me more than the others. You look like him."

"Like who?"

"Your father."

"You knew my father?"

"We were friends, a long time ago. When he was just a little bit older than you. He saved my brothers from danger. He would do anything for my family." She coughed again.

"Are you gonna be okay?"

"You should go."

"Maybe there's something I can do to help."

"Just -- please, I don't want you to catch what I have. Pan is already doing everything that he can, but the magic here... I fear it is not enough."

"There has to be a way."

"Please go. Before you, too, become ill." Henry set the supplies on the bed and stood to leave.

"I'll come back for you. I promise." Henry left.

Pan said, "Well, done. I couldn't have played the part better myself." Wendy sat up as Pan approached her bedside. "Oh, and that bit about dear old dad... Good job."

"I don't like lying to him," Wendy told him.

"Oh, don't think of it as lying. Think of it as... providing motivation."

"Motivation for what?"

"Doing what needs to be done. For all of us. You see, Henry has the heart of the truest believer, and I need to control that belief."

"What do you need him to believe in?"

"Me." He stared her down. She looked away. "Now back to your cage."

---

Mr. Gold and Regina were sitting at Mermaid Lagoon, waiting for Ariel to return.

"You really believe Belle can succeed?" Regina asked.

"Yes, I do," Mr. Gold replied.

"Are you sure it's not your feelings blinding you?"

"Or perhaps it's my feelings illuminating me."

"You really love her."

"Is that jealousy?"

Regina scoffed. "Of Belle? I think not."

"No, no. Of having someone." Before Regina could think of a response, Ariel popped out of the water.

"Sorry I'm late," Ariel said. "We ran into a few... complications." They all approached the shoreline.

"Did you get it?" Ariel reached into her pouch and pulled out Pandora's Box. She placed it on the rocky shore.

"Excellent," Regina said. "You fulfilled your end of the bargain." Ariel retrieved the bracelet and held it up. Regina waved her hand and it glowed as the spell took effect. "Now you can have legs whenever you want. Or a fin. Whatever Eric's into these days."

"Thank you," Ariel stated.

"When you return to Storybrooke, seek him out," Mr. Gold instructed. "The rest is up to you."

"Before I go, Belle wanted me to let you know that Pan has a prisoner on the island. A girl named Wendy. Her brother's are back in Storybrooke. Belle doesn't want to let them down. She wants you to make sure that Wendy is okay."

Regina shook her head. "All that matters is Henry."

"And now you have a chance to save him. Thanks to me and Belle. So rescuing that girl is the least that you can do."

"We'll do our best," Mr. Gold told her as Regina gasped in protest. "Look, um, when you return... tell Belle I love her. And that she was right. I will see her again." Ariel smiled, then dove in the water to return to Storybrooke.

---

Emma, Hook, Jackie and Neal were walking to Tink's after capturing the Shadow in Dark Hollow.

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm sorry," Neal apologized. "I know I screwed up."

Emma stopped walking and turned to Neal. "Yes, you did. You both did. We almost lost our shot at capturing the Shadow because you two were fighting over a lighter."

"It wasn't the lighter we were fighting over, love," Hook told her.

"Okay!" Jackie yelled. "Let me be very clear about something: If I had to choose someone... I choose Henry and Matthew. They're the only love I have room for in my life. Henry may not be my son, but he's a dear friend." She kept walking.

Hook, Neal and Emma followed.

---

Tink walked over to David, Matthew and Mary Margaret from the brush.

"I was wondering if I'd see you again, but if you've come to talk me into helping you before you've found a way off this island, I still-" Tinker Bell trailed.

"We've found one -- or we're about to," David told her.

"Not sure I like the sound of "about to"."

"Pan's Shadow," Mary Margaret said. "Emma and Jackie went with Hook and Neal of capture it. That's our way off the island."

"Capture Pan's Shadow? Yeah, I'm not lifting a finger until I see proof you've actually succeeded."

"Hey," Neal called as he, Hook, Jackie and Emma walked into the clearing. Neal held up the coconut containing Pan's Shadow. "Here's all the proof you'll need. Been a long time, Tink."

"Bae, is it really you?"

"Yeah. But most people call me "Neal" now."

"We did it. Are you finally ready to do your part, Tink?" Hook asked.

"Yes," Tinker Bell replied. "Yes, I am." She led the group into the woods.

Neal hung back and said, "Uh, Emma, Jackie."

Emma and Jackie paused. "Neal."

"I -- I -- Listen, I just wanted to tell you that you're right. About Henry. He's all that matters. As does Matthew." He focuses on Emma. "And if he's the only things that came from us being together, I'd say we did all right."

"Yeah," Emma agreed. "Now let's go get our son back."

The three followed after the group.

---

Henry walked back to camp. As he turned to round a tree, Pan appeared, sitting on the ground.

"Why so glum, chum?" Pan asked, causing Henry to pause and he stood and approached him.

Henry frowned. "You said you weren't keeping any secrets... but you lied. I found Wendy."

"Henry, I can explain."

"She's dying, isn't she?"

"I'm afraid she is. Like much of the island, because the magic here is slipping away. I would've told you, but I didn't want you to have that weight on your shoulders. Knowing that a young girl's life depends on you."

"So I'm the only one who can save magic?"

"You are."

"How do I do it?"

"The question isn't how, Henry. It's where. Follow me." Pan led Henry further through the woods until they reached a rocky cliff. Out in the water was an island in the distance. On the island sat Skull Rock. "See that?"

"Is that Skull Rock?"

"Yes. Inside is where our salvation awaits. A salvation that only the heart of the truest believer can bring."

"Me?"

"That's right, Henry. But I won't lie to you. It won't be easy. It will require heroism and sacrifice." Pan took a deep breath. "The only question is, are you up to the task?"

Henry thought for a moment before saying, "Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 67 33
Freyja possesses a great power only few know. Fate brings her to a lonely traveler and his daughter and all is well... Until a curse is cast, sendin...
75.5K 1.6K 19
Can a princess have feelings for a pirate? The curse over Storybrooke is lifted, everyone remembers who they are again. During an unfortunate situati...
48.8K 1.1K 39
Henry Mills left Storybrooke when he graduated from High School to find his own story. When he was captured by a new Lady Tremaine, he was rescued by...
28.3K 1.2K 20
Book 1 of the One of You series (Y/n) Adler and her twin sister Emma Swan never thought that fairy tales were a thing to take seriously. Abandoned as...