blue skies, always || ive ||...

By suldodm0

they meet, five years later. More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

10

374 20 4
By suldodm0

Yujin and Wonyoung walked home.

"This is like when we were in school," Yujin said lightheartedly, almost giggling. She had her hands in her pockets and was strolling, shoulders relaxed for the first time in forever. Wonyoung was tenser than a rubber band wound thin, wondering why Yujin was so carefree. Maybe she'd finally gotten over her, feelings discarded and fizzled into ashes.

"You'd love to meet Azzo."

"Azzo?" Wonyoung parroted.

"My puppy," Yujin answered. "He's about this big," she continued, measuring with her hands to show just how big, "and he has white fur."

"I like puppies," Wonyoung said. "Especially pomeranians and Bichon Frises."

"Azzo is a Bichon Frise!" Yujin said enthusiastically, turning to her. For a second, Wonyoung's heart swelled in her chest, until Yujin cooled down and looked away, hand on her nape, glowing with bashfulness.

"Looks like you've been doing really well," she continued.

"Don't say that," Wonyoung said softly. "It's not as okay as you think."

"Oh. Sorry," Yujin said.

"S'okay."

They stopped at the front of Yujin's home, where Yujin unlocked the door and pushed it open. Azzo barked as he heard footsteps and raced towards the source.

"Hi boy," Yujin cooed, locking the door. Wonyoung sat down to pet him and was immediately showered with wet licks. She giggled and held him with both hands, surprised at how little he was.

"Do you want to shower?" Yujin asked, petting Azzo as well.

"I don't have any clothes."

"You can borrow some of mine."

"Ah, Yujin..." Wonyoung trailed off. Yujin looked sadly at her.

"Sorry. Was that too forward?"

"No, it's just, I feel bad. I feel horrible actually."

"Why?"

Wonyoung sucked in air through her teeth and exhaled.

"Because of what I did. How I left you."

"That's in the past. It's whatever," Yujin said, brushing it off. The little sadistic part of her was just happy to hear Wonyoung be guilty. "You can pick what you like from the closet."

Yujin lead Wonyoung into her room and flung open the closet doors.

"That's my side," Yujin said, pointing at a folded stack of shirts and shorts on the left.

Yujin handed her a towel.

"Thank you," she squeaked, picking out clothes as Yujin walked out of the room.

The door clicked behind her.

.

Yujin shivered and let out a long, shaky sigh, pushing her hands into her hair. She sat down on the floor of her studio and Azzo trotted in with a small knot of cloth Yujin had given him to play with held in his mouth. He lay next to her.

Yujin held her phone to her ear.

"Gaeul, my date was Wonyoung."

"Yujin I'm so sorry, the dots connected too late."

"What? You knew?" Yujin said, voice raising.

"No, I found out when we reached. It's a long story and I'll tell you all about it when I get home, but I swear I didn't know anything until the very end."

Yujin sighed and brushed her hair back. "Okay. I believe you. How's Rei?"

"Throwing up in the bathroom right now," Gaeul said, biting her nails. Liz called for a wet towel.

"OKAY! Yujin, I have to go now," she said hastily. "I'm not sure why you of all people would let Wonyoung into the house, but I hope it goes well. For your sake."

"It'll be okay. I'll manage."

"Okay. Take care, Jinjin."

Click.

.

Wonyoung rifled through the pile of clothes to find a sleep shirt under blouses and cropped tees. She pulled out a large white one that stuck out from the middle of the stack.

Her stomach dropped when she recognised it as the shirt she'd left at Yujin's dorm during high school. She folded it quickly with trembling hands and put it back, choosing a random shirt instead.

.

"Yujin?" Wonyoung called out, peeking in from the doorway.

Wonyoung in her clothes was a sight Yujin thought she'd never see again. She wanted to kiss her more than anything, but that was the least appropriate thing to do now.

"Thanks for the clothes," Wonyoung said softly, sitting on Gaeul's bed. She saw a plush toy that she recognised to be Yujin's on the other bed, and avoided it.

"I'll go in the morning."

Yujin made a noise. "Are you that eager to go?"

"You must be uncomfortable with me here," Wonyoung said honestly. "Why would you want me around?"

"Stay for longer if you like. At least keep Azzo company until Gaeul gets home," Yujin joked, plopping the puppy into Wonyoung's lap.

"Okay. I'll stay."

And Yujin wished Wonyoung had said that under a different context.

.

Wonyoung slept in Gaeul's bed, facing the wall, back turned to Yujin. She hugged a plushie to her chest. The bed was comfortable, duvet soft and warm in the chilly weather, but she couldn't seem to fall asleep. Azzo snuffled and licked his paws by her legs at the end of the bed.

She turned over. Yujin was in her own bed, unmoving with her eyes closed. Somehow disappointed, Wonyoung turned back around. It was confusing.

"What is?" Yujin said groggily.

Oh. I said that out loud?

"Nothing," Wonyoung whispered, burying herself deeper in the duvet. Yujin stood at the foot of the bed.

"...There's really nothing you've wanted to say?" Yujin said, giving in. Screw her dignity. If it wasn't tonight, there wouldn't be any more chances.

And it seemed Wonyoung thought the same thing. She swung her feet out of bed and stood up.

She walked over and faced Yujin.

The dark and lamp light contrasted, covering Yujin in a beautiful dappling of soft orange and dark blue light.

"What I want to do most right now," Wonyoung confessed, still standing in front of Yujin, "won't be okay with you."

"I'll be okay with it," Yujin breathed shakily, hoping her blush wasn't visible.

Wonyoung brought her hands to Yujin's face, pressing her palms against the skin. She traced the bridge of Yujin's nose and cheekbones with a finger as if she were blind. Her thumb brushed against her lips, and she felt Yujin tremble.

"Is this okay, Yujin?"

"Please."

Wonyoung leant in, and kissed her softly. She lingered, trying to sear years of pining and lost love into the moment, not moving her lips, until Yujin's hands unfroze and held her waist. 

They pulled away, breathing heavily.

"I really missed you so much," Yujin whimpered, a teardrop rolling down her cheek. "I missed you so much it made me sick."

"I missed you too, Yujin," Wonyoung said, and pressed her lips to Yujin's again. Tears wet Wonyoung's cheeks. Yujin tasted sweet, same as she always did - and Wonyoung's hands wandered down, settling at the waistband of Yujin's shorts.

"Wonyoung-" Yujin gasped when she felt her hand move up against her skin under her shirt. She grabbed her wrist, alarmed, and shook her head lightly.

"Sorry, sorry," Wonyoung whispered, removing it and holding her hand instead. Wonyoung would've never expected to see Yujin again, much less kiss her in her bed, her legs splayed under her.

"I missed you so much," Yujin told her again, bringing Wonyoung's hand to her face. She kissed her palm. "You're warm."

Yujin sat up.

"Did you mean it then? When you told me you didn't love me- or want us anymore."

"No," Wonyoung sobbed. "I lied."

Coldness was growing between them again, frost collecting on an invisible wall of glass. Wonyoung couldn't let the chance go, not again.

She leaned forward and pulled Yujin into a hug, holding her tightly, never to let go. Yujin sobbed into the crook of her neck and pressed kisses there; kissed her cheeks and her nose and her lips, hungry for more.

"I think I still love you," Wonyoung whispered, voice threatening to crack as she spoke through tears. "Forgive me for not being sure. I haven't been sure of anything in my life lately."

Yujin nodded against her shoulder. Wordlessly, Wonyoung held her and gently pushed her backwards into her pillow.

"Earlier... I saw my shirt. You didn't throw it out?"

"...No."

"Why?"

"Just 'cuz. Whatever," Yujin grumbled, pulling at Wonyoung.

"Yujin-ah. Let's get some sleep and talk tomorrow, okay?" Wonyoung said softly, cupping Yujin's face as she hovered over her. "You look exhausted. I'm so sorry for everything."

She kissed Yujin's forehead, then crawled under the covers with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513 36 23
ATEEZ FF You meet his friends after 5 years as you went abroad to get your degree and let's just say, you've matured...
6.9K 380 29
if it's for me, i'll go to the end.
179K 5.6K 45
Kim Daeun, 18 years old, who just moved into her new house. And there she met 7 boys who living with her.
50K 1.5K 40
Just A bunch of ONE-SHOTS X MALE READER