What Lies Between the Waves

By AulusFaenius

"I was dying, that I knew for sure. I looked around slowly, and decided to watch my hair flow slowly around i... More

**~Chapter 1~A New Start~**
**~Chapter 2~A New Life~**
**~Chapter 3~Under The Sea~**
**~Chapter 4~The City Of Fai~**
~Chapter 5~The Beginning Of A Beautiful Finship~
~Chapter~7~Sea and Land Life Don't Mix~
~Chapter~8~What A Night!
~Chapter~9~Twists and Turns~
~Chapter~10~Leaving Home Behind~
~Chapter~11~just another day
~Chapter~12~Secret is Out~
~Chapter~13~The Best Of Times and The Worst
**~Chapter~14~The Rescue & The Decision~**
~Chapter~15~The Wait~
~Chapter~16~Sharon & Aqua~
~Chapter~17~pleasure & Tragedy~
~Chapter~18~Happy Ending...For Now~
~Acknowledgements~

~Chapter 6~The Journey Begins!~

13.6K 620 90
By AulusFaenius

so this is for more people following! i really don't go by votes but it shows you care, i really look at how many reads i get so 77 reads is awesome! if i can get to 100 reads i would most definately give you all a steamy chapter that i've been working on, if not you gets nothing! mwuahha! yes i am an evil bastard but tuff titties! know that i still love you my Night Children.

Derik’s POV

I was really happy with my new life, I had a great guy, I lived underwater, and not to mention the guy was a prince! You would think that I would be happy with life now,

But I wasn’t.

Something was missing, something told me that I wasn’t done with my life before, something didn’t feel right.

“alright so where did you want to go then?” Hayle’s voice pulled me back from inside my head.

“excuse me?”

“where do you want to go?” he asked again leaning in to kiss me, “just name it and we can go there.”

“well I think I’ll let you choose, I don’t know what kind of things you have around here, so surprise me.” I whispered in his ears, I smiled when he shivered.

“alright,” he held out his hand which I took, “lets go!” he yelled and pulled me with him out the main door towards the city.

**

“what is this place?” I asked looking around the shop, it had a variety of sea animals in cages everywhere making strange sounds, afew even sounding like dogs until I found out that they really were dogs! Well Dogfish is what the lable said on their cage, but whatever!

“I thought you would like a companion to have while down here.” He had something behind his back, “so I got her for you.” He brought out his hands to reveal I small cage that glowed a light blue color.

As I got closer I saw a tiny body inside, a tiny girl with shining blue wings was sleeping on the bottom of the cage wearing a matching blue top and skirt.

                I took the cage and examined her, “what is she?” I asked.

“she is a very rare breed of Fae, she’s an ocean fairy.”

And when he called her that her eyes opened and she yawned, it was so cute. She finally saw me and her wings fluttered as she flew over to the edge of the cage where I was watching her.

I waved and received a shy little wave back.

“what’s your name?” I asked quietly to her.

He eyes widened, “you want to know my name?” she asked as if it was not a question she was asked often, “no one ever asks, they just give their new pet a new name.” she said sadly.

It made me sad, “well I don’t want a pet,” I said and unlocked the cage.

“what are you doing?” she asked.

She flew out and hovered next to my face, “I want a friend, will you be my friend?” I asked holding out y hand to her.

She looked hesitant for a moment before placing her hand on mine, and a shining blue light spread throughout the room making all of the animals go silent and Hayle and I to gasp.

When it died down in the little Fae’s place a light blue egg the size of my head glowed floated, ‘my name is Aquarius.’ An echoing voice said in the Fae’s voice.

“where are you?” I asked.

The egg floated to me, ‘really? You have to ask such  a dimwitted question?’ the voice mocked and the light died down and it landed in my hand.

“what was that?” I asked a shocked looking Hayle.

“I think she’s changing.” He said coming over to take the egg from me examining it.

“I wonder.” He said and moved to a little lamp he placed it under it and bent down low.

“come look at this Derik!” he waved me over, I got closer and bent down looking into the egg I saw a shadow of a body, and not the body of the little fairy girl that I had been talking to, no this body was bigger and its hands were clawed at the end, and out of its back two wings ran from the top of its long lizard looking neck to the end of its spiked tail.

“what is it?” I asked awed now by this little surprise.

“it’s a sea dragon!” he exclaimed, “it seems it took the form of this fairy to hid itself! Amazing.” He said.

I kissed his cheek, “well now this was a big surprise now, thank you.” I said.

He looked me in the eyes and leaned in for a kiss when the egg began to shake slightly.

I grabbed it, and it felt warm against my bare chest, “we should go explore some more,” I grabbed his hand holding the egg in the other, “what else Is there?”

“well there is the magic shop if you want to go there.” He said.

“yeah! I would love to see some jewelry that shoots fire underwater!” I punched the water like if I was shooting a fire ball into the shop next door, making Hayle laugh.

“it doesn’t really work like that, every one of us has a certain attribute that they can control, and with that they can only use the item with their attribute.” He explained.

“humph, well that sucks!” I crossed my hands over my chest.

“Let’s go see which item reacts to you then.” He said with our noses touching.

“okay!” I shouted my tail waving around, it was just as excited as I was.

**

Hayle’s POV

We swam through the crowds saying hello to the people and me introducing Derik, he would shyly reply hello back. He was so cute! He was so energetic and playful with me, but around other people and my parents he was very shy.

When we got to the shop he came out of his shell again, “wow this place looks amazing Hayle!”

“haha, im glad you like it.” I swam inside with him following in back holding his egg tightly.

He swam over to a box that was labeled Pyrian, which was specifically for those of us that could control fire. He grabbed a bracelet and tried it on, it started to glow and then it caught fire.

“whoa!” he yelled and threw it to the floor, where it fizzled and died.

“looks like you can control fire.” I said hugging him from behind.

“really?”

“really.” I answered.

He wriggled out of my arms, “I want to try on more stuff!” he went over to a bin that said Zephyr.

“you won’t get anything out of it, everyone only gets one attribute.” That was a bold face lie on my part technically I had two I controlled air and water to make storms.

“oh yeah what do you call this?” he asked, I lifted my head and my eyes went wide when I saw the new bracelet on his hand glow a faint grey and a mini tornado swirling in his hand, he smiled at me smugly, “you were saying?”

“I was saying that only the royal family can control more than one attribute, I wonder why you can.”

“maybe because im your Suri?” he asked.

“maybe.”

“well lets see what this one does.” He slipped on another bracelet that started to glow a soft blue, “cool what is this one!” he asked.

“where did you get it?” he pointed to to the box that said Aqius, “your controlling water.”

“really?” and to emphasize he waved his hand around and the current changed with the movement.

“this is amazing I have never seen anyone control three elements before.”

“shall we try for four?” he said from the last box that was labeled Terra.

He slipped on the bracelet and it glowed a soft brown color, the store began to shakeand pebbles and rocks the size of my head began to roll into the store towards him.

“yes! I can so control everything!” he yelled to no one in particular.

I laughed, “this is amazing!” I hugged him twirling him around making his tail wrap around me in an even tighter hug, “your amazing.” I whispered in his ear kissing him lightly, tracing his jaw line before I got to his lips.

We pulled away and he held out his hand with all four bacelets on it, “can we get them?” he asked, clearly excited.

“anything for you.” I answered before locking my mouth with his.

**

Derik’s POV

                I loved this man! We’ve only been together for a few hours since I’ve woken up and every second of our time together was amazing! He’s been treating me like I was the only thing in this under sea world that mattered. Nothing could ruin this!

                “Hey, who was Sharon?” Hayle asks.

I stopped in my tracks, and my smile faded from my face. I do stand corrected; this day has just gone south.

“uh, I really don’t know who that is.” I lied.

He stopped next to me and looked me in the eyes, “I was in your dream last night, I held you while you cried for this girl.”

My eyes widened, “y-you were there? How?”

 He shifted around uncomfortably, “I honestly don’t know, I saw you lying there next you and you had such a look of pain on your face that when I reached out to touch you I was suddenly in your dream, and you were crying under the statue of the girl with wings.”

My eyes started to burn, I knew if I wasn’t underwater I would have had tears streaming down my face, “she was my sister.” I said quietly.

“she was there for me when a new man and his son came into our lives, his son would beat me for being gay, and his father would do nothing about it, my mother wouldn’t believe me because she was so blinded by ‘love’. I moved away when I found out the both of these men were going to move into our home, and I lived a normal life for two months until the man’s son named Aaron came and told me that my sister had…” I hiccupped as I remembered, “he told me my sister had killed herself, he read me a letter that she had written before she passed, and it said that Aaron had taken advantage of her when she had told my mother that she was gay also.” Hayle’s eyes widened at that and I saw something flare in his eyes, but he stayed silent listening.

I sobbed a little before continuing, “he said he would reunite me with my sister in hell, so he pushed me off the Cliffside where you found me left for dead at the bottom of the ocean.” I finished and hid myself behind my dragon egg and cried not wanting him to see me this way.

I felt his hand lift my face, I looked into his eyes that held pity and love in them, “I am sorry for your loss,” he whispered and hugged me tightly, “I swear to you that I will never bring up the subject again.”

I smiled weakly into his shoulder and pulled away shaking my head, “no, I need to tell someone, I think I understand what this hole in my chest that even you couldn’t feel was telling me.” I placed my hand over the center of my chest making the two bracelets on them jingle, I looked him straight in the eye, “I need to go back and settle things with my mother and Aaron, he can’t keep doing what he has been, he has already killed two people! I’m still alive, but he doesn’t know I have to go back and make him pay!”

Hayle grabbed my hand, and said in a very serious tone, “I will help only if you promise not to take your revenge the way he tried to settle things, we do not kill, do you understand?”

I nodded my head, “I know I don’t even think I could take a life in the first place, I just want to scare him, scare him enough that he will think twice before even thinking anything bad about gays.”

Hayle kissed me suddenly fierce and in charge, his tongue demanded entrance to my mouth and I let him, this was a real kiss, not the little peck on the lips thing we were doing all day, this was a real kiss.

We pulled away both breathing heavily, “and that is why you and I will rule this city fairly and not with hate.”

I swam towards the palace yelling behind, “lets get to packing then!”

alrighty like i said i don't really care for vote but they are appreciated, comment and tell me whats up even if its just to chat  i love talking to people, and follow my story! tell people about me make me famous! 

*blows everyone a kiss* i love you my Night Children!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...