π‘πŽπŽπŒ πŸ’πŸ”β˜•οΈŽοΈŽ

By iheartluffy

Desiree Hill, queen bee of high-school now beginning her college debut. First things first, gotta have an apa... More

βœ”οΈŽ π’π”πŒπŒπ€π‘π˜ βœ”οΈŽ
꧁ 𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑅𝐴𝐢𝑇𝐸𝑅𝑆 ꧂
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐹𝐼𝐿𝐸𝑆

1 ✍︎︎

3 0 0
By iheartluffy

authors note~ Look this is probably the corniest thing you'll see but this is my first time writing something like this so there will be mistakes. If you end up reading this entire chapter feel free to leave any constructive criticism please 😁 ( also the main plot wont start until a couple of chapters later but it wont take long i promise. This is just some life before the main stuff happens i guess? Anyways.. Enjoy <333)

Desiree's POV
—————————————————————————
RING RING RING

"Pencils down everyone!"

Soon the sound of papers being passed up filled my ears. The clacking of pencils and sighs of relief followed behind.

"its finally over huh?"

"I totally bombed this exam."

"I'm surprised I made it this far."

I feel a tap on my shoulder, i turn around and a whiff of strawberries and creme hit my face.

"WE DID IT!"

i choke at the sudden sweet scent, opposite of our musty smelling classroom. PE was last period..

"Of course we did it, its us after all." I say confidently yet i can't help but be nervous about the college exams. I've studied my ass off these pass few weeks, so hopefully my hard work won't fail me.

"We should go out to celebrate, I'm inviting a couple of people from school that includes you." Arya says putting emphasis in her statement.

"Fine.." i groan out.

It's not that I don't like parties or anything, i just planned on spending my evening finishing up this novel i'm reading.

"Great!" Arya says glancing at her phone. "Shoot!" she quickly grabbed her things and saw herself out.

"I'll text you the details later, cya!" she exclaims while waving

I wave back at her assuming that class is almost over. I gather my things and put them in my bag.

RING RING RING

"Bye everyone, have a great rest of your day!" Mrs Adams warmly says.

I'm sure everyone has that one teacher we all love. Well for me thats Mrs Adams, that woman deserves the world. I swing my bag behind me, followed by the movement of chairs and i head out.

"Bye Mrs Adams!" I happily wave at her.

She returns with a sweet smile. Ugh this school doesn't deserve her. I rush out the buildings saying goodbye to everyone in the hallways. I suddenly remember the celebration thats going on most likely in a couple of hours. Fortunately my house isn't far from school so i usually walk home. I whip out my phone checking my socials.

150 new notifications

Damn

Most of them being from Instagram or Messages, i scroll to look for one important one from Arya. I come across an unfamiliar group name called,

Exam Celebration 🎉 !!

She really goes all out.

I open the chat and it says, "You're invited to the celebration of ending our exams!! Place: Hibachi Grills, Time: 5:00 pm, looking forward to seeing you all!" Now i'm suddenly intrigued to go now, i could never turn down hibachi. This is probably apart of her plan to keep me interesting in going. The time is 4:22 pm, I pick up my pace and have my keys ready.

Soon I arrive home, i insert my key in the door unlocking it. The smell of homemade banana pudding fills my head. I can feel my mouth watering at the thought of banana pudding and hibachi. Not together though, ew. I walk down the hallway towards the kitchen and I'm greeted by my loving mother.

"Hi Rae how was school?" she asks.

"It was pretty good, I smell that you're making something good." I gaze around the counter tops.

I was right.

"I love your banana pudding, honestly you should open up a shop or something." I say placing my keys on the counter. She lets out a chuckle.

"Thank you honey."

"Also mom, I'm going to a celebration at 5pm. I should be back around 8 something." I remember to say.

"Okay thats fine, stay safe."

"Will do." I shoot her a smile and head to my room. I toss my bag beside my desk and head to the bathroom. I turn the shower nob towards the middle, not too hot, not too cold. While the water is getting warm I brush my teeth and my usual skin care. Then I hop in the shower.

15 minutes later

Shit. I got to caught up with my shower thoughts I'm gonna be late. I check the time after drying off and it reads 4:48pm. I rush out the bathroom pushing my door open. I open my closet and its a hot mess. I completely forgot the clothing crisis i had this morning. Time to go dumpster diving.

10 minutes later..

Ok. I somehow found an outfit from last winter by some overgrown sandals of mine. I slip it on as quick as i can, and freshen up in the mirror. Luckily I have locs so I don't really have to do much. I quickly swoop my edges and grab a pair of earrings from my drawer.

(you can imagine her wearing this PS she doesn't look like this, shes only wearing the outfit.)

I spray some into the night from bath n body works on and head out the door. I check the time and it reads 5:14pm. I'm gonna get scolded before i even get a chance to sit down. I head out the door waving my mom goodbye.

I don't have my own car yet so I'm using my moms. I crank the engine and turn on lana del ray normally I would have to use GPS but I go to this place so often I know it by heart. I turn up the radio and get comfortable.

15 minutes later

I'm hella late, everyone should already be here by now. I check one last time in the mirror to make sure I'm straight. I take my phone out and click on Instagram ready to post a pic. Caption,

Dinner night 🍾‼️

Posted.

I hop out the car locking it behind me and I head into the restaurant. I wonder who's all gonna be here..

I spot Arya and a few familiar faces to the left. I awkwardly wave due to the glare I'm getting from her.

"Mind explaining why you're late?" she dead pans me.

"Sorry mom I got caught up with something." I roll my eyes.

She nudges me with a laugh, "You're just in time we've ordered drinks already," She reassures. "I got your usual."

"Thanks." I sigh of relief.

I check my surroundings and from my left I notice an interesting bunch.

Devin Parker
Maddie Lopez
Brielle Jones

On my right are people I never expected to see together

Demitri Summers
Adrian Meadow
Kazuya Hinata aka Kaz
Willow Parker

I practically know the entire school, but the only one here I don't know is the fellow in front of me. Deep blue eyes, thick rimmed glasses, messy black hair pulled into a pony tail. Honestly he's someone I'd go for, but I don't just pounce on people. Im broken out of my trance when I hear my name being called several times.

"Huh? What?" I ask confused

"Desiree I hear you come here often, do you have any recommendations?" Willow asks me.

"Oh, of course. I recommend everyone here to try something with shrimp in it." I confidently say.

"Ew shrimp.."

I jerk my head towards the direction of that absurd statement and of course it's Adrien Meadow. He always got something to say.

"Ew guacamole." I snap back

This may sound like a simple "comeback" but pretty much everyone knows his obsession with guacamole. I genuinely don't understand how people eat it.

We start bickering, soon being interrupted by a broccoli being thrown at Adrien's face. The noise a few people and me just let out was not human.

"Who the hell threw that?!" he yells aggressively cleaning his face off.

"It was me." Brielle states not caring about the death stare shes getting.

"I'm gonna ki-" Adrien spat but was cut off

"Here are your drinks.." the waiter says concerned.

4 sweet teas, 3 lemonades, and 2 grape sodas.

Another grape soda? Who else here likes grape soda besides me?

"Luca, you like grape soda?" Arya questions with a disgusted face.

Luca? Who's Luca? Everyones eyes shifted towards the man in front of me. Oh. That makes sense. He looks like a Luca.

"Hating for no reason.." Devin mumbles rolling his eyes.

"I know you not talking." Maddie Lopez blurted.

I hoped this wouldn't happen. These two don't exactly get along. Ever since that incident with the amusement park they've been on bad terms.

"Don't start Damien." Willow dictated.

Snorts come from my right ear, knowingly from Arya and Kaz.

The waiter comes back to our table ready to take our orders. I was so caught up in the commotion I didn't even look at the menu. I wanted to try something new but I'll just get my usual. I'm sure everyone already looked while I was busy thinking is water wet.

a few orders later

"What would you like?" the waiter kindly asks.

"May I get the shrimp fried rice with mushrooms?" I replied.

"Yes ma'am coming right up." She heads back to where I'm assuming the kitchen.

I've started to realize that Luca hasn't said a word since I got here.

While everyone else is busy chatting I take this as a chance to start a conversation.

"Hey, uh what's your name?" I question pretending like I don't know.

He looks up into my eyes with a puzzled expression.

"Yes I'm talking to you." I laugh out

"Ah, Um it's Luca. Luca Moretti." he awkwardly replies.

His voice is attractive

I shake these thoughts away and smile at him, "I'm Desiree, but you can call me rae." I beamed

I have no idea why I'm eager to talk to him.

"Nice to meet you, Rae." he remarked.

"Likewise." I chirp back.

I got the feeling our food was coming so I decided to ask what he ordered.

"Hey what'd you-" I asked but his oddly loud ring tone went off.

He quickly answered his phone and when I tell you the look on his face when from shy to full on rage gave me goosebumps. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop but I could hear angry muffles through the phone. He clenched his fist like he was about to punch whoever it was through the screen. Everyone notices this and got quiet.

"Is everything okay?" Arya questions with a concerned look.

I noticed that Devin and Willow seem to know whats going on here. Willow gives him a worried look which makes me even more curious.

"Sorry, something came up," he grunted taking out his wallet and leaving his pay. "This should cover it." he then rushed out of the restaurant.

I look down awkwardly and see a flash of 4 green 0's. Oh. My. Goodness.

200 freaking dollars.

Did he just pay for all of us?

Who just randomly has 2 hundreds in their wallet?

He must be rich.

I snap out of it and feel the need to ask about what happened.

"Um, does anyone know what that was about?"
I linger.

"You don't need to know." Devin fumed.

"Read the room sometimes." Adrien snarled.

Am I the only one curios about this? I guess now isn't the time nor place.

"My bad, I won't push it any further." I sighed.

ding

I check my phone to see a message from
my mom.

Hey honey, do you mind going to the connivence store for me? We need some milk.

Great timing.

"Sorry guys my mom needs me for something," I state placing my money on the table. "Bye Arya!" I wave off.

"Later, I'll treat you another time!" she smiled.

That was hella awkward..

I exit the restaurant and hop back into the car, continuing my playlist. Sigh I can't help but wonder what happened with Luca.

"But its none of my business." I groaned.

20 minutes later

This milk trick really does work. I came for one thing but left with 10 items. I toss the bags in the backseat and get ready to head home. Dang it, I should've asked for his number or something. Oh well, I should see him next week. I pull into the driveway and trot to the front door. I feel sudden exhaustion so I quickly put the milk in the fridge and head to my room.

"Mom I'm home!" I exclaimed.

I slip my clothes off and throw them in the basket. I throw myself onto my bed snuggled under the sheets. Today was a long day.

authors note: if you've made it this far, congrats 🧍🏾‍♀️I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to leave constructive criticism. Thanks <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 290K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
4.5M 286K 105
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
464K 26.3K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
1.3M 66.8K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...