Silenced

By KoemiTheCoffeeCat

They were considered a model amongst their peers that displayed the very pinnacle of resolute loyalty to thei... More

1 | Flashbacks
2 | Isle Skirmish
3 | Vision Impaired
4 | Broken Rememberance
5 | New Arrival, Old Aquaintance
6 | Ravage
8 | Lost Lies
9 | Logical
10 | Hollow
11 | Unmasked
12 | Deal To Defect
13 | A Test Of Faith
14 | Misconceptions
15 | True Nature

7 | Time Flies N' Bots Die

578 24 9
By KoemiTheCoffeeCat

Starscream walked right into Soundwave's ploy, literally. And now, he had to somehow get himself out of a mess that for the first time, wasn't his fault.

"Knockout, w-wait! I was framed!" Starscream pleaded, backing up from him as the ruby mech moved closer with a lethal step, eventually causing the Commander to hit the wall and slide down to the ground. Usually, Starscream would be the one throwing threats around like human candy, but now he was all too petrified to pull rank. Not that it would've have mattered to Knockout at this moment anyway. He was going to beat him into the ground, one way or another.

"Oh really? That's funny, seeing as there is no one else around to blame!" Knockout stuck a claw to Starscream's chest plate agressively. The physician snapped his helm to Ravage, who was still watching everything unfold before his paws. Honestly, the mini-con was impressed.

"Ravage! Is it true Starscream did this?" Knockout questioned, kneeling down to face the mini-con. Ravage pretended to ponder the question for a few moments, before thwacking the floor twice - thus sealing the Commander's fate. Knockout reverted his gaze to Starscream with a deathly glower. The Second In Command cursed under his breath, before lifting his helm with a hurt, innocent gaze.

"Ahaha...come now, Knockout! You...you don't have to do this.." Starscream wavered with an anxious chuckle. Knockout had a deadpan expression of his face as he stared down at him, not a trace of sympathy held within his optics. He lifted his servo slowly and snapped his digits once, a pair of bulky steps making themselves known from the outside right after. Starscream gulped.

The Decepticon Breakdown was the source of the disturbance as he made his way around for the three to see, leaning his frame against the doorway with his arms folded across his chest plate. Starscream switched gazes between the two of them in fear. Knockout motioned with a slight tilt of his helm for Breakdown to enter, then furrowing his optic ridges together when he glanced back to the seeker, a cold edge to his frown.

"Who said I was going to be the one to do it? Clearly, my asisstant is much more capable of the task." Knockout crouched down with one arm on his knee to look him in the optics, twitching a smile. Breakdown grinned sadistically, punching his fists together with a loud clangor of metal as he advanced forward with a menacing shadow of himself following closely behind. Ravage blinked twice, before thinking a brief and sardonic 'no thank you', and respectfully made his way out the door to leave the area with a light flick of his tail in parting. The only thing Ravage heard before the door closed was the audio-peaking howl of Starscream as he cried out for his dear, cowardly life. Too bad he was too tongue-tied at the time to fully explain himself and the situation he was put in.

Oh well.
. . .

Soundwave escaped the disaster he created unscathed, easing out of the ground bridge and acting as if everything was normal, because he most certainly did not want to show off the fact that he'd just completely demolished the med-bay and employed Starscream to take the fall for it.

"Soundwave, there you are."

The Communications Chief kept himself from flinching in surprise, taking a short moment to regain his internal composure before turning around to face Lord Megatron. Luckily, Megatron hasn't yet questioned or figured it strange that Soundwave had bridged directly in front of him with no explanation to his actions whatsoever, so the result must mean that he is safe.

"How has Ravage been acclimating here so far? Well-and-good, I suspect," Megatron raised an optical ridge to suggest Soundwave confirm what had already been said. Soundwave nodded simply. The Decepticon leader smirked, "Good, good. I hope to see him on the field soon. He shall be a great asset for the Decepticon cause." Megatron turned halfway and tilted his head upwards, as if he was about to monologue his upstanding nobility as a leader. The stance didnt last long, though, as he began again.

"But, that is, however...not, the reason I wanted to speak with you. Rather, it is concerning the Iacon Database." He explained. Soundwave glanced up.

The Autobot encrypted Database?

"Soundwave, I believe it best for you to confine yourself to the Nemesis, as I have said before. But now, it is for added reasoning. I do not think any other Decepticon on this ship can decode the Iacon database as efficiently as you." Megatron lowered his dark red gaze with a line spread thin across his face plate. Soundwave stared back, his visor remaining black and blank.

"-decode the Iacon database." Soundwave repeated, followed with another nod. They were about to stalk over to the cybertronian console, before their pede stopped them. They turned their helm back briefly.

"Continue--energon readings?" He asked, the displayed wavelengths on his visor rising and falling with the recorded voice's frequency. Megatron glanced back with a cool stare.

"No need. Although I have yet to update you on the current supply, rest assured that there is more than suffiecient enough energon for you to fully pursue decoding the Iacon Database." He replied curtly, then leaving Soundwave to his assigned work. Soundwave dipped his helm down in thought for a short moment before proceeding towards the data computer, the screen eminating a pale glow as his clawed digits approached the keys.

. . .

Much time would pass during this period of Soundwave's relative isolation; including the events of Starscream's exile, the short-lived arrival of Orion Pax, and the unexpected addition to the Decepticon ranks in the form of Dreadwing - the split spark twin of the 'deceased' Skyquake, all the while searching for the location and successful extraction of the relics, some of which would have the unfortunate off-chance of falling into the hands of the Autobots. How absurdly resilient they are...

Recently, its been quite a task living up to the results of Orion Pax's relative ease with the Database, only further irking Soundwave as yet another coordinate code failed and blinked back mockingly on the reflection of his visor.

The discernable sound of strut-steps caused Soundwave to look up from their ceaseless work, expecting another visit from Lord Megatron but was notably surprised to see Dreadwing entering the bridge - his faroff, red-optic gaze revealing him to be lost in contemplation. It was only when he noticed the scene on the window display of the bridge change from the corner of his optic did he regain full attention of his surroundings.

"Ah, Soundwave. Good to see you hard at work." Dreadwing tipped a nod towards him, Soundwave mirroring his gesture. Dreadwing scanned the lower bridge for the lesser half of a klik, his optics dimming before he looked back to the Communcations Chief.

"Do you...happen to know where I might find Breakdown? I am in need of his assisstance for a commission given by Lord Megatron." Dreadwing explained, his voice clear-cut and assertive. Soundwave knew the true purpose behind Dreadwing's assigned mission, as Megatron himself questioned Airachnid's loyalty right in front of him.

They were to terminate the current First Lieutenant.

Nevertheless, Soundwave would remain silent as he straightened himself and connected his visual perspective with Laserbeak on his visor, searching for the heavy-hitter. Yet, it was not but a few moments before another set of steps happened to enter the lower bridge, and Dreadwing's optics widened.

"Breakdown. There you are," He announced in incredulity. Soundwave cut the visual link on his visor and saw Breakdown wandering around, no particular destination in mind until he met optics with Dreadwing and stopped in his treads.

"Yeah?" Breakdown said sharply, implying his baffled query onto why Dreadwing was oh-so intriuged about him. Dreadwing exhaled silently, his heavily armored alternate mode expressing his light exasperation when his shoulders slacked.

"I need to bring you along for a mission, along with First Lieutenant Airachnid. There is an unusual energon spike we must investigate." Dreadwing explained, starting to walk over to him. Breakdown's face plate contorted into brutish confusion.

"What? You need back up for tha-?"

"I shall explain on the way. Airachnid is waiting elsewhere." Dreadwing cut him off.

"Soundwave," Dreadwing averted his gaze towards them, "We will request a ground bridge shortly - be on standby." He said, escorting himself and Breakdown into the central hull afterwards. Soundwave had no chance to reply, but Dreadwing must have known what Soundwave's answer would have been regardless.

Once Soundwave sent them all through the ground bridge however, he never expected for things to go as wrong as they did.

. . .

Ravage trotted along the long aisles of the Nemesis, often finding himself with nothing to do other than what he's doing now - making his way to Knockout's lab. Ravage disliked being contained to Soundwave's chassis, so spent nearly all his time lurking around the warship, occassionally spotting Laserbeak doing the same. Now, with two sets of optics at Soundwave's disposal, there was hardly any bot that was out of his sights. Ravage only wished he could use those same covert skills that he spied around with to rip and tear at some Autobot jugular, but without the capability of flight and Megatron's strict belief that it was best to wait for the right time to display Ravage's appearance; he was confined to these dull walls. The only sliver of enjoyment the mini-con could find was to loaf around in the proximity of the most narcissistic mech he'd ever laid optics upon.

Ravage waited at the entrance of the lab to be let in, stopping the sound of his clicking claws lightly tapping against the metal surface when he paused his gait. The pocket door slid open, and Ravage flicked his optics up to the first splotch of red he detected.

Knockout turned his helm, and didnt hesitate to look down, knowing the source of what caused the door to open was none other than Ravage. He feigned a modest smile in greeting. Ravage was slightly off put by this, immediately sensing that the physician was unlike his usual self. Ravage took a few careful steps forward, an observant stare pointed toward Knockout. The mech let out a short, amused exhale, and squatted down to meet the predatory Decepticon at their level.

It's not like they had a particularly close bond with one another, but they were at least familiar to a certain point, simply because of how often Ravage dropped by out of boredom. It's a real shame, though, that Knockout eventually stopped getting frightened by Ravage's appearance - it was a real boost to the mini-con's ego for a while there. But now, Ravage was more concerned than anything.

"Hello, Ravage. It's a pleasure having you stop by today. Please, make yourself comfortable." Knockout set a servo on the top of their helm for a fleeting moment before standing back up again, biting back a frown as he returned to his work.

Ravage was certain now. Something bad had happened to Knockout. But, the only things he could do to communicate with him was using his tail against the ground and answer yes and no questions. So, if he couldn't figure out what was making the vermillion mech feel under the weather, he'd just have to lighten him up a bit instead. Ravage readied himself into a pouncing position, digging his claws into the floor for traction. He pinpointed his gaze on his soon to-be place of landing as the last step of his process before jumping up cleanly onto Knockout's work station, jumpscaring the poor doctor out of his wits.

"Wh-! Ravage! What are you doing? Get down from there, you're going to break my tools," Knockout scolded in his signature tone, giving Ravage a stern stare. Ravage stared back, concurrently transforming the end of his tail into small, flexible tendrils identical to that of Soundwave's to pick up something from behind. Knockout was about to forcefully pick Ravage up off the table himself before being presented with a glass vial, only a few drops of bright green liquid held within it. Knockout was taken aback at first, but quickly snatched the cylinder away from him with an agitated glare.

"Ravage, if this vial is damaged and the contents lost my helm wi-!" Knockout stopped himself midway through his sentence, realizing his temper. Ravage was a bit startled by Knockout's outburst, but relatively unphased. The physician let out a short vent, composing himself.

"..its not just some sort of toy." Knockout murmured, stifling his bitterness.

"Now, hurry up and get off. I'm trying to find my beaker tongs to experiment with this valuable source of synthetic energon, and replicate it with the same effects." He explained, searching around. Ravage's optics lit up at the mention of the task and quickly jumped down, leaving the doctor be. Knockout sighed and pinched the bridge of his olfactory sensors, struggling to think clearly. Moments later, Ravage reappeared at Knockout's side, yet again. But this time, he was carrying a gift. Once Knockout finally gave a look at him, his optics widened in a bit of surprise.

"Oh? You--found them." Knockout slowly took the tongs from Ravage's curled tail, somewhat impressed by their competence. Knockout paused in thought for a moment, and then looked up shortly after with an idea in mind.

"..Say, you think you could find me a watch glass?" Knockout asked, staring down at the mini-con thoughtfully. Ravage nodded, trotting over to a different table and picking up the circular, transparent glass with his tiny tendril'd tail without missing a beat. He brought it over to the physician, revealing a proud smile with his lower mandible.

Ravage was very much adept at observation, and that included memorizing certain placements of items in areas Ravage visited frequently, which also meant keeping track of said items if they happened to change places. It was simply something he did unconciously, but it came in handy when looking for missing apparatus, among other things. Knockout shook his helm with a servo placed to his side, knowing he couldn't turn Ravage away now.

"Alright, I see what you're trying to do. You can help me find what I need, as long as you don't get in my way." Knockout gave the 'con a serious glance. Ravage quickly placed the glass on the table top before thumping the floor twice lightly with his tail. Knockout smiled a little.

"Right then, fetch me a graduated cylinder, would you?"

. . .

Soundwave had just ground bridged back Megatron, Dreadwing and various Vehicons from their run-in with the now rogue, again, Airachnid. It seemed foolish at first giving away her location, but she had somehow gained a pet Insecticon to fight as her loyal warrior when Megatron arrived to finish her off. Now, Knockout was busy attending to his injuries post-battle in the repair bay, Ravage returning to Soundwave's side once more. They were walking back to Soundwave's preferred console, to continue his work decoding the database for the Iacon relics. The mini-con looked up to his master as they traveled alongside one another, Soundwave returning the gaze silently.

"Master, may I ask something of you?" Ravage growled out courteously. Soundwave stared blankly at them, but nodded after a few astroseconds. Ravage has the capability of speech, unlike, but similar to Laserbeak, yet in both ways Soundwave is the only one who is able to understand them.

It's complicated.

"The physician - something was strange about him earlier. I was wondering if there was anything unusual that happened recently that would be reasonable to suspect the cause of his change in behavior." Ravage inquired, a little hesitant. Soundwave thought to himself for a moment, before nodding once more.

"Breakdown--terminated."

Ravage's tank dropped. It was no wonder. Ravage couldn't imagine losing a partner so suddenly, even though everyone knew it was just a fact of war. Death in these times can mever fully be prepared for. It is of no doubt Knockout has garnered a newfound hatred towards Breakdown's assailant. Ravage's tail drooped as they went on through the Nemesis.

"The culprit?" Ravage continued his questioning, his tone turning a bit somber.

"Airachnid, First Lieutenant--current status--Rogue." Soundwave informed with his clippings of voices. Ravage's claws scraped into the floor, creating a sickening screech of metal as they bared a snarl.

So they weren't even dead.

Soundwave was caught off guard by Ravage's strong feelings about this affair, but didn't question them. In fact, Soundwave was somewhat disquieted about Knockout himself, and wished to know if his current state was...adequately stable. Although, he would never openly admit to being concerned about anything other than his mini-cons. He would have gone to see the mech himself if he wasn't so caught up in finding relics. Decoding the database was his first and only priority, and he would stay fully faithful to it.

His only given priority, that is.

His other self-bestowed prime concern was to find that slagged cube Knockout has hidden somewhere in the med-bay. And now, he has the perfect spy already planted there without even needing to utter a word. Perhaps, though, he should give his mini-con an additional order or two, to make sure his plan goes off without a hitch.

"Ravage." Soundwave started, gaining their attention. Soundwave stopped, promptly glancing around for any itching audials before he knelt down to speak, "Assist me--by locating a lumimescent cube--hidden somewhere within Knockout's sector." He said clearly, staring so intensely Ravage could feel it in his beating spark.

"Once you have successfully established it's place of concealment--report to me, immediately." Soundwave waited for the sentence to sink in to Ravage's processor before steadily pushing himself back up and carrying on. Ravage stared ahead, dumbfounded.

"P-Please elaborate, Master," Ravage said, shaking his helm once and taking a few short strides to catch up with him, as he lost pace in his temporarily stupified state.

"You wish me to surveil Knockout's med-bay to see where he's gone off with some...mystical cube? For what purpose?" Ravage prodded, entirely astounded by the mere prospect. Soundwave shifted his helm down slowly, his visor reflecting off a deep, desolate black.

"...It is not of your concern."
______________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 244 25
Ratchet as been alone for a long time now. Ever since the War for Cybertron started, he's had no one besides his team. But that all changed when he m...
31.9K 464 41
Prowl was always a loner, everyone knew that. He always kept his emotions and secrets behind closed walls. He was an enigma to everyone, even his own...
62.1K 1.8K 36
You're an 18 year old girl, who has a big knowledge when it comes to high tech gadgets and you have been spending with a lot of time with Raphael and...
3.6K 112 12
With Enigma returned to her family and the war between the Autobots and Decepticons ended, both factions have now enjoyed the peace and serenity they...