The assassin, the princess, a...

بواسطة OrionzIshimondoz

In a land where magic was banned to everyone but the royal family, and their heir to the throne was cursed at... المزيد

AN
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N (Minor update)
Chapter 4
A/N (again)
A/n (I'm sorry 😭)
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

78 4 1
بواسطة OrionzIshimondoz

Why was this awkward for Mondo? I mean, the assassin was used to quiet. He preferred it more than anything else. Yet with a person like Taka and his sister, it felt wrong.

Taka was loud, crazy, and blunt. His sister seemed to never stop teasing them. Yet, they seemed to be capable of communication by just looks. It was a strange feeling like he was left out on a joke.

"Soooo," he said awkwardly.

"Yes, Mondo?" Kiyo asked him. She somehow seemed to be doing her makeup now despite not having it before. That's when Mondo realized there was a strange heat behind him. It was almost as if it was made of...fire.

He looked around finding a human-like figure, but it was made of fire?! It was holding make-up similar to what Kiyo was using.

"Sister, why the fuck are you doing your make-up with someone over? Nobody wants to deal with a fire monster chasing them," Taka said.

"Well, lucky for Mondo he's not being chased, bitchass."

"Hey!!!! Bad words!!" Taka exclaimed.

"You just cussed, Brother."

"No I didn't, stop lying..., it's making me sad."

Mondo saw an annoyed look on Kiyo's face, but she didn't dare say a word to Taka about the clear lying. It's clear she didn't care that much though because she wasn't scared of her brother, she just knew when arguing wasn't a good idea.

"How about this then," she said and with just the wave of her finger the monster and her make-up were gone and the fire monster turned into a fire...cat?

It seemed to avoid everyone and jump right into Kiyo's arms.

Mondo had never seen magic because he wasn't royalty and he wasn't raised with witches so it'd make sense he never saw magic in his life. It was outlawed shortly before his birth so he never got to see it. He almost envied Taka due to him growing up around royals with powers but never having to deal with having his own, which...honestly, seemed like a burden to him.

The more he thought about it the more he felt guilty for attempted murder so he tried to shake it off, yet the thought still lingered.

Kiyo seemed kind, and Taka wasn't as bad as he truly acted...they seemed like good people to him, and he almost tried to ruin that even for his survival. This entire job failing opened up a door he'd never seen before. Most of the people he killed were elitist pieces of shit that deserved death. So were most of the people who hired him though.

He stayed thinking of that for a minute or two he looked up a Kiyotaka who was attempting to pet the fire-cat.

"Don't pet that," Kiyo said.

"But kitty!!!" Taka retorted as if that made a point.

"You'll burn your hand, and it will hurt," Mondo said.

Kiyo gave him a glare that said, 'You just tried to kill my brother' but she didn't say that to Mondo's face. Probably not to start an argument, as it would be unnecessary.

"But, the cat's as cute as you!" Taka exclaimed.

"Well, 'm not cute so it shouldn't be a problem then," Mondo said.

"Yeah, Mondo's right, he's not cute...like at all. Why are you flirting with him again?" Kiyo said.

"Ok, so, I get you're repeating what I said but I'm taking offence to that," Mondo said, straight-faced (A/N: he's not very straight though)

"Yeah, Kiyo you're so wrong! He's adorable!"

"'M not fuckin' cute or adorable or any of that shit! Just don't pet the cat, or you'll hurt yourself," Mondo said. He was surprised he was trying to help Taka, yet he felt like it was owed to make up for the attempted murder he just caused.

"Make me!" Taka shouted, only to his surprise Mondo grabbed his arm before he could pet the cat and hurt himself.

"Awh! You're holding my hand!" Taka said, teasingly.

Mondo's face went red out of sheer embarrassment. "I am not, and you know it!" he exclaimed.

"Hm, no I don't, you grabbed my hand. It seems as if you are flirting."

Kiyo rolled her eyes. "Can 'ya two stop? You're slowing us down and tea'll get cold."

"Yes, sister!" Kiyotaka let go of Mondo's hand and quickly ran ahead of them.

Mondo went to chase him but he was stopped by Kiyo lightly grabbing his wrist. It was only light enough for him to be stopped but didn't impact any damage. Mondo was confused if she was complaining about Taka slowing them down why would she stop him? "Alright, so I know this is an odd thing to inform you of; but, the second my brother drinks his tea he's going to pass out. He'll wake up in about three minutes, I'm warning you so you don't panic, although—" she seemed to cut herself off there. Mondo wasn't sure what she was going to say but he could tell it was no longer relevant to xem the second it saw the look of panic and confusion in his eyes. "Nevermind, I don't truly think you're like that," she said with a shrug.

"Why?" Mondo asked looking at Kiyo, he saw no reason for the tea to 'harm Kiyotaka' because even if he wasn't the fondest of Kiyotaka's flirtatious behaviour towards him, injuring him seemed...far. Plus, Kiyo seemed to encourage it.

Even through the insanity and the behaviours, Mondo didn't like he felt a sense of relatability with the king, even through the insanity he still saw a man who both was in control yet completely losing it; he saw a man with no need to sugarcoat and didn't see the point of it. Mondo realized that he related to all of those things, it was strange. Especially because he was what people would refer to as a peasant, and thought he could never relate to someone in power. Especially one he tried to murder.

Kiyo noticed Mondo's confusion. "So, I'll tell you a secret, but you can't tell anyone or I'll have your head off," she said. Mondo wasn't sure if she was serious or joking, but he didn't dare question it with threats like that.

"Ok...," Mondo says.

"Kiyotaka wasn't only affected by the curse power-wise," Kiyo said, confusing Mondo. I mean... that's all the curse did right?

"What'ya mean?" Mondo asked.

"The curse also sends people into manic episodes, which my dear brother is in one now," Kiyo replied. You could tell she felt bad for Taka but was trying not to, she knew that Kiyotaka was completely capable of being amazing ruler and despite the curse, he was amazing and there was nothing to pity, yet she felt bad for him.

"Oh," Mondo said, feeling stupid. So that's how both identities of the king were genuine. "Well, what does that have to do with him passing out?" Mondo asked, raising a brow.

"Well, I found an antidote to it—" she said, getting cut off by Mondo.

"So you're going to find a way to give him powers?" he asked, surprised that it was possible.

"No, I am working on that, but have found nothing successful," Kiyo replied. "What I found an antidote for is the mania, but it's only temporary."

"And taking it makes him pass out?" Mondo asked.

"Exactly," Kiyo replied. "And taking it can cause vomiting and other effects afterwards."

"Why don't you have him on it 24/7?" Mondo asked, ignoring the last bit of what Kiyo said.

"Because, one it's hard to make, two he doesn't want to constantly be vomiting, and three sometimes you just have to let the mania be," Kiyo answered.

"Alright, I guess," Mondo said.

"Now, c'mon I was serious about the tea getting cold!" Kiyo said speeding up.

☆彡

Word count: 1321 words

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
189K 19K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
481K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
813K 30.1K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...