Moon Crossed

By Mahjabin12756

Alex Hunter, a photography freak , hanging out in Alaska. Her uncle Collin and Aunt Martha are professional p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

3 1 2
By Mahjabin12756

*****

I dropped against the wall. My whole body shook. I swallowed hard and listened to the heavy footsteps above my head. I have got to get out of here! I told myself. I have got to get out of this house!

I have to tell Uncle Collin and Aunt Martha ! But my legs felt like Jello. I didn't know if I could walk. I took a shaky step. Then another. And then I heard a new sound from upstairs. I stopped and listened.

Humming? Was someone humming?
With a burst of energy, zi grabbed the door to the attic. I pulled it open and shouted up the stairs, "Who's up there? Who is it?
"It's me, Alex!" a familiar voice called down.
"Hannah- ?" I choked out. I stared up to the attic. "Wh-what are you doing up there?"

"Didn't your aunt tell you I came back?" Hannah called.
"No, she didn't," I replied.
"She said she had some old clothes up here that might make a good costume. So I came back to check it out."
Her head appeared at the top of the stairs.
"Why do you sound so weird ?"
"I - I thought -" I began. But the words caught in my throat.
I started up the stairs.
"No -!" Hannah cried. Don't come up!"
I stopped on the third step. "How come?" I called.
"I'm not dressed. I'm trying on stuff," she explained. She smiled down at me. "Besides, I want to surprise you. There's some awesome old stuff up here. Your aunt and uncle must have looked really weird when they were young."

Her head disappeared from view. I could hear the rustle of clothes up there. I backed down the stairs. "Hey- do you know where my camera is ?" I asked. "I have looked all over the house, and -"
"Oh, no!" Hannah groaned. Her head appeared again. This time she wasn't smiling.
"What?" I called up to her.
"Your camera, Alex. Do you think maybe you left it in the woods?" I gasped. "I don't know. I thought...." My voice trailed off. I had a sick, heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach. "You had it when Sean and Arjun left," Hannah said. "But when we came back to the house, I don't remember you carrying it."
"Oh, wow!" I shook my head. "I have got to go get it, Hannah. I can't leave it overnight in the woods."
"No-! She cried. "Alex, listen to me. You can't go out there."
"I have to!" I cried. "But the woods are not safe at night," she protested. "They really are not safe." I turned away and ran down the hall. I pulled on my jacket and found a flashlight on the floor of the hall closet. I tested it a few times. The light was steady and bright.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," I shouted up to Hannah.
"No- please, Alex!" I heard her call down.
"Listen to me! Don't go into the woods tonight! Wait for me to get dressed. Just wait for me - okay?" But I couldn't leave my camera out there to be ruined.

I closed the front door behind me and stepped out into the light of the moon.

*****

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Your voting and feedback means the world. ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.2K 22
((COMPLETED)) (Sequel to The Perfect Daughter) Two very long years of hiding and living under strict rules, Summer is finally allowed to liv...
98 0 14
Alex and her mother Linnie, move to Portland, Maine in hopes to escape Alex's father Desmond who began stalking her after her parents divorce. Alex i...
One by one By Hello

Mystery / Thriller

221 6 22
It wasn't very difficult to plan out my first victim. I watched them all day, studied their movements, listened to their conversations, and watched t...
141 6 22
First Book: Werewolf Secret (complete) Second Book: Werewolf Danger (in progress) Sayara is a werewolf just like everyone else in her family. She kno...