The Second Chance Hero: Deku

By RetrO475

Izuku and Izumi Yagi, step-bro and step-sis,(Don't even think about it) were a happy family with their mother... More

Deku Bio
Harem
Birth of a Hero
Prologue: Doctor's appointment, New Friend and Secret?
Chapter 1-Izuku's Misery, Finding out about Jujutsu
Chapter 2-Cursed Energy, Jujutsu and its Basics
Chapter 3-Gathering materials, repairing, a new house, little red and hero suit
Chapter 4-Sludge incident, New friends and New job
Chapter 5-A beautiful gift, One for All vision, Rules and Making the hero suit
Chapter 6-Debut of 'Dekiru', New powers.....or old??
A/N
Chapter 7-Smol Snowhite Unicorn, Familiar Names New faces and OFA
About Deku's powers and Drawbacks.
Chapter 8-Copied Quirk, Long Time No See and Full Cowling
Chapter 9-Last day of middle school, De-aged Girls and.........Daddy?
Chapter 10-Cleaning Dagobah, Fixing Yang's arm and Awakening of Something New
Chapter 11-Explanation, Meanwhile Other Side Realization and Regret
A/N-New Story
A/N-A few Issues
Chapter 12-Watching Entrance Exam at U.A, Deku vs Eraserhead
Chapter 13-Meeting An Angel Detective and Back............up?
A/N
Chapter 14-Showdown at the USJ
Alright, Alright
Chapter 15-Real Identity
Chapter 16-The Airplane Incident
Chapter 17-The Airplane Incident Continues
Chapter 18-I've Lost Everything That's Keeping Me Alive
Sorry For My Inconvenience
Chapter 19-Calm Before The Aftermath
Deku's Current Scale After Nerf
My Ideas before the new chapter
Story Released
Chapter 21-Restart from scratch
Happy Belated Birthday!
I am having Existential Crisis
Finalization

Chapter 20-Broken Will, Steeling Resolve

3.8K 79 35
By RetrO475

(Alright, tomorrow, I will release my another story. Get ready for some action!)

Midoriya was in complete devastation. He had lost those people which he had called as his real family. Not only that, his control over One for All was completely resetted, same for his Frost Star and Rainfire. The only good thing was that his cursed energy was still good and going, though since he was now very much depressed, his control over Black Flash broke down while his Divergent Fist was good. Another good thing was that Rewind was okay, since his Rewind worked absolutely automatically. 

But now, he was back home. He was panicking rapidly, since he doesn't know how to face his friends now. Would they leave him? Would they also bully? Would they hate him? He didn't knew what to do. What about Eri? Would she also hate him? He didn't knew.

When Ruby opened the door and everyone welcomed him, he felt his stomach burn. He couldn't face them after losing almost all his powers and his family. He decided to make up an excuse of saying that he wasn't well and he wanted some rest. They led him in and after dinner, he went to his room without talking with anyone. He threw his vigilante costume under his bed, not wanting to look at it anymore. His breath hitched rapidly as tears started escaping his eyes.

Midoriya-'I lost them. I-I lost them. Those people..............those who have pushed me forward in life. W-Why? WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?!! WHENEVER MY LIFE IS GOING GOOD, IT ALWAYS GOES DOWN!!!'

He started crying, not caring about anyone. His phone screen was glowing. Stella was calling him. He didn't picked it up, afraid that his childhood friend will now hate him. His tears weren't stopping. He soon fell asleep, tired completely. He thought that he might sleep good for that day.

Timeskip

Wrong. Completely wrong. He couldn't get a wink. He was getting nightmares all night. Nightmares about the One for All users accusing him of their disappearance and his former family beating him again along with his friends torturing him had disturbed him all night.

Midoriya was thinking of whether to go back to being vigilante. He requires training again. Just Rewind and cursed energy won't do. He decided to sleep the whole day. Pyrrha had taken his breakfast to his bed with Eri following behind. She left Eri with Midoriya talking while she went to train. Eri was talking about all the new things she had learnt with the girls while Midoriya just listened while forcing a 'smile'. None of the people in the house knew about it. Even Eri's sweet smile couldn't do anything to raise his hopes.

He just stayed on the bed all day. Whoever came inside to ask what's wrong, just got the answer as "Nothing much, I am just tired from the previous trip." Midoriya closed his eyes again to do best to sleep.

In the dream

"Ninth, why didn't you helped us?"

"I thought you were a hero, but looks like we were wrong."

Midoriya-"W-What are you saying?"

"You helped people, but not us. No wonder you are useless."

"You are weaker than me."

"You are not worthy."

Midoriya(clutching his head)-"Stop."

"You're not worthy."

"You're useless."

"You're weak."

"Hey Deku."

Apparitions of his previous family stood in front of him.

"Time for your daily dose of beating."

"How about we do something more creative?"

"You're so weak you can't even stand up to us."

"Weak."

"Useless."

Midoriya(crying)-"Please no.................no............."

"You're not a hero."

"You're weak."

"You're useless."

"You're not a hero."

Midoriya opened his eyes as fast as he could. He then sit up on his bed and rubbed his eyes. He was sweating heavily and tears were escaping rapidly from his eyes. Those sounds were continuously ringing in his ears. He clutched his ears tightly, trying to keep those memories away from him.

Midoriya-'Please...........Please no. Not again. I can't have my friends see me like!!'

He quickly got and ran to the bathroom. There, he took out a razor and started cutting his hands, trying to distract his mind so that the voices will be gone.

"Useless"

1 cut.

"Defenseless"

2 cuts.

"Weak"

3 cuts.

"Not a hero."

4 cuts.

This kept on going for 57 times till there was so much pain Midoriya clutched his hand tightly. This finally allowed the voices to die down. Midoriya panted hard as he stared at his hand.

Midoriya-"I thought t-that I l-left that b-behind. It's been like 6 yrs since I last did this. Damn it."

He got up and washed his arms to washed the dirty blood away to avoid infection. He took a soap and rubbed it lightly on his wounds to wash it properly. He screeched lightly at the pain. He had broken bones before, but these hurt more and he doesn't know why. After that, he washed his hands and rinsed them with a towel. 

Midoriya-"Thank god the towel is black in color. No one can expect me to cut my arms."

He then mopped off the blood from the floor with a tissue paper and rolled it into a ball.

Midoriya-"Better to throw them out than in the bin or in the toilet."

He opened the window and threw out 7 balls of tissue and closed his window. He then stared at his hands.

Midoriya-"Let's get you treated."

He went to his first aid box and pulled out an ointment cream and bandage. He then put them on his wounds as he gritted his teeth. He then lied down on his bed.

Midoriya-"I hope it doesn't go for long."

Timeskip

He was wrong, horribly, absolutely wrong. It went on for like 2 weeks. Each day, those voices taunted him, breaking him down. His friends now became worried. He couldn't come out of his room properly. Everytime he got up from his bed, he had to crawl on the floor since he had become very weak. He couldn't get sleep properly, those voices coming to his head again and again. Both of his arms as well as his legs were covered in small cuts. Whenever asked, he just said that he was a bit sick. 

He couldn't answer any calls on his phone. He was now at Dr. Tsubasa's office. He was still deciding as to whether go back to being a vigilante or not. He needed time to train and now he was very, very weak. Right now, he was getting his quirks checked up. Dr. Tsubasa came back with the reports. He had a bit of troubled look.

Tsubasa-"That serum did a very bad work on you kid."

Midoriya(monotone)-"What has happened to me?"

Tsubasa-"For starters, your quirks have been reset, as you know. Your body cells have degenerated a lot. Like a lot. Your Rainfire temperature has been decreased to 3000 celsius at normal emotion. Looks like you turned from sun to a lava."

Midoriya-"Anything else?"

Tsubasa-"Your Frost Star is safe, fortunately. Your Rewind is also okay. Only your Energy Manipulation quirk is a resetted a lot. Well, here comes the worst part."

Midoriya-"Which is?"

Tsubasa(sighing)-"Your body. It has extremely degenerated. Your body cells have decayed and died. Which is why, you have become thinner than previous."

Midoriya-"Just great. Now I lost my hard work. What's left to lose? My powers?"

Tsubasa-"Kid, you need to calm down and think this out carefully. Maybe you could get your control back by training again?"

Midoriya-"That's the problem. I need to train again. My previous body was good. But now, I need to train my butt again. Also, can I get some Prazosin?"

Tsubasa(surprised)-"Why?"

Midoriya-".......I cannot sleep properly."

Timeskip

Midoriya was at a cafe. He had brought an umbrella since it was a bit sunny. He had barely got any sleep the previous two weeks and haven't answered to either his friends' calls, nor his friends' from work. He couldn't eat properly. His hopes were still in a confused position, whether to go back to being vigilante or be a full time cafeteria owner. The waiter meanwhile had taken his order of a chilled latte and pastry. There were not many people. Just a few kids along with some men and women.

"Excuse me, is this place empty?" 

A feminine voice was heard. Midoriya turned to see a girl standing with another girl behind her, acting as if she is shy.

Midoriya-"Oh, yeah it's empty."

Girl 1-"Thanks! I really needed a table for two. Also, don't mind my bestie. She's very shy."

Midoriya-"I understand."

The two girls sat opposite of Midoriya, who took out his phone to check the call logs. He widened his eyes in surprise at the calls.

Midoriya-'What the heck?! 69 calls from Stella?? Looks like I need to call her back later. But I can't tell her about me. I don't want to burden her. And uncle Zawa called me 20 times. I should call them back later.'

Girl 1-"Hi, my name is Chizuru Ichinose. Nice to meet you."

Midoriya(forcing a smile)-"Nice to meet you, Ichinose. My name is Izuku Midoriya."

Chizuru nodded and poked her shy friend, who looked at her in shyness.

Chizuru-"Go on, introduce yourself."

Girl 2-"U-U-Uhm, my n-name is S-Sumi Sak-kurasawa. N-N-Nice to mee......"

She then covered her face with her hands and started blushing. Midoriya looked at her in confusion.

Midoriya-"What's wrong?"

Chizuru-"She's shy. Sorry, she cannot talk to people properly."

Midoriya-"Oh, I understand. She's introverted, am I right?"

The said girl nodded in agreement.

Midoriya-"Don't worry, just practice some human interaction and get some speech therapy, your introvertedness will decrease."

Both Chizuru and Midoriya started chatting, while Sumi just nodded or added a few words. Midoriya was surprised to hear that Chizuru had a job at a cafe, because she looked like a school student. Chizuru said that she needed a job because she was a bit broke, which reminded him of Uraraka. Midoriya was having a thought in his mind, when suddenly, 5 extras/goons came up to them. Seeing them, Sumi ran behind Chizuru.

Extra 1- "Well well well. What do we have here? How are you doing today Miss Chizuru?"

Chizuru(annoyed)-"Why are you here?"

Extra 1- "Why not? I mean, can't I meet my girlfriend?"

Chizuru(gritting her teeth)-"I was a rental girlfriend, don't forget that." 'No, why? I don't want my new friend to hear that. Wait, do I consider him as a friend?'

Extra 2-"Why don't you have some time with us, Mizuhara? I am pretty sure your red friend here will also enjoy."

Chizuru(angry)-"Leave her out of this you bastards."

Extra 4-"Uh uh uh........it's not good to curse at your future boyfriends."

Midoriya-"Uhm, guys excuse me."

The goons looked at the greenette.

Midoriya-"Look whatever you guys have problem with my girlfriend here, and I am pretty you might be her ex or something. I had a very emotional day. I would appreciate it a lot, if you could leave us alone and have our date while I finish this lovely glass of lemonade juice."

He said while looking at them innocently. Chizuru meanwhile was yelling in her mind as to why he called her his girlfriend. Extra 3 leaned a bit to Midoriya.

Extra 3-"You do know she's a rental girlfriend, right? She's using you for money."

Midoriya-"Well, nope. We recently proposed and became a couple."

Extra 5-"You should get out of here kid, you are still a youngling."

Chizuru(panicking)-"Mido-Izuku, they are right. Please get out of here. I'll be fine. He ain't joking, you should go."

Midoriya looked at her as he licked his lips to clear off the stickiness of the lemonade off it. He then put his glass on the table and picked up his umbrella and stood up.

Midoriya-"Excuse me."

Extra 3 sided while signalling at the door. Midoriya then started walking up to the door while Extra 2 dusted his shoulder.

Extra 2-"If you want to get a girlfriend,get some girls from the pub which is at the corner near Tailor Street."

The extras turned to the girls, while Midoriya reached the door and sighed. He then pushed one latch of the door up.

Midoriya-"Manners........"

The extras perked up at it, while Chizuru held onto Sumi. Meanwhile, a certain old man hears this and looks at the scenario.

Midoriya-"Maketh...."

He pushed the second latch up and then to the right side. He then looked down. 

Midoriya-"A man."

He said as he pushed the third latch at the door's bottom. The extras then slowly moved towards him while the other people present sided a bit to watch the scenario.

Midoriya-"Do you know what that means?"

The extras were confused as to what the greenette was saying. Midoriya meanwhile was looking at their reflection on the shining mirror to the side.

Midoriya-"Then let me teach you a lesson."

He said this as he put his umbrella's handle to the side, where an empty glass was kept. He then pulled the umbrella to the back, while sending cursed energy in it. The glass hit the extra 1's forehead, knocking him out immediately. Chizuru and Sumi widened their eyes while the other people dropped their jaws. Midoriya then walked up to the extras, who stared at him in surprise. The old man from the corner saw this and smiled.

Midoriya-"My whole day was ruined, you guys ruined it even more. So tell me, are we going to stand around here all day, or are we going to fight?"

The extras looked at him while extra 4 pushed extra 3 to the side and punched at Midoriya, who leaned back a bit, dodging the attack. The punch went on extra 5's cheek, knocking out a tooth out of his mouth. The extras then started running towards him while he started beating the front guys. Even though he was supposed to be very weak, he was thankful his cursed energy lasted. 

(Sorry, can't write the whole fight because-1. it's too long. 2. you won't be able to feel its awesomeness)

It was surprisingly easy and one of the extras who could change his hand into knives hit his own homie. Another one tried to throw a glass, only for Midoriya to give a cursed energized kick to the crotch with his Frost Star on. 

Midoriya-'Chilled testes......'

The knocked out extra 1 changed his arm to a gun. Midoriya kicked his leg and burned his hand before he could even try to shoot.

Midoriya-'Whoops, looks like I overdid it.'

Timeskip

The fight got over faster than one could imagine. The extras were lying on the ground with their limbs broken and dozen other injuries. Midoriya sighed as he went to his table and drank the rest of the lemonade drink while the other two just looked at him. The other people present clapped as they cheered for him. He was a bit surprised because this is the first time people cheered other than his own cafe customers.

Midoriya-"Sorry about that. The thing is, I really had a very bad day. I am depressed for the last two weeks, which is why I lost my temper. Can someone take them to the hospital or something? I think I might have hit them a bit too hard."

A waiter came and picked them up. He then took them out to the dust bin while Midoriya sweatdropped.

Waiter 1-"Thank you so much, you don't know how much these guys were a pain. Thank you young man."

Midoriya-"Oka.........y?"

Waiter 2-"Because of this, you can have free meal."

Midoriya(frantically waving his hands)-"No no no. I just did what any other person should do. Besides, they had irritated me, so I gave them a piece of my mind."

The waiters still relented, so Midoriya gave in reluctantly. They gave him a free dessert of doughnuts. But it was a lot, so the greenette shared a bit of them with the two girls.

Chizuru-"So Midoriya, what you said about me being............your...uh.....girlfrien-"

Midoriya(panicking)-"Oh sorry! It was actually an act. I should've mentioned it later."

Chizuru-"It's okay. Thanks for beating them up."

Midoriya-"But how did they knew you?"

Chizuru-"........I......I actually work at the rent-a-girlfriend site. That guy had rented me as their girlfriend earlier and the other guy had rented Sumi. But he had went against the company's terms and conditions and........"

Midoriya-"............."

Chizuru(sighing)-"Tried to.........you know.......have a night stand with me. I had hit him in the face and ran away while complaining at the company about it, who charged him 5000$ of fine."

Midoriya-"What about Sumi?"

Chizuru-"She had got harrassed. I got her out myself."

Midoriya-".........Should have hit them harder. You are really a brave girl to save yourself as well as your friend."

Chizuru-"Thanks."

Midoriya-"Anyway, I need to go. Bye."

He got up to leave, when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. He stiffened up at the act and looked behind to see Sumi hugging him.

Sumi-"T-Thank y-you s-so much. *sniff* H-He used t-to ha-harass m-me a lot."

Midoriya widened his eyes, as he remembered all the times people had thanked him for his act. He felt pity for the girl and hugged her back, surprising her.

Sumi-"E-Eep!"

Midoriya-"Sorry that you had bear that. It's good you have a friend who got you out. You shouldn't have gone through all this. No girl or woman should ever go through that."

He hugged her tightly, who was blushing madly. The other people present felt sad for the girls. Midoriya then left her to her friend and went out of the cafe, while the people checked up on the girls. The old man looked at the greenette going out and smiled.

Old man-'It's been a long time since I last saw a fight similar to mine. Maybe this youth will be good. Man, Eggsy should've seen this.'

When Midoriya went out, he had two thoughts on his mind.

Midoriya-'Maybe it will take time for Deku to come back. I wonder, should I give the girls work at my cafe?'

He looked at the extras in the trash bin as electricity started crackling on his hands.

Midoriya-'Before that, let's get this bastards to hell for hurting such a sweet person.'

He then walked over to them, who looked at him and got scared as they thought they saw an oni mask with torn bunny beside the boy. (I imagined this and it is way scarier than the original oni-mask)

(In case you're wondering why did he changed so fast, it's because I lost a bit of motivation writing this while having motivation for my other stories. But no worries! I will still do my best to continue this in accordance with the manga.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2K 60
Izuku Yagi when he discovered he was quirkless he was discriminated against by everyone he had ever known and possibly will know along with neglect f...
97.3K 660 11
my first story In a world were 80% of the population are born with powers called quirks the other 20% are powerless or quirkless. Our main character...
2.3K 18 20
MHA IzuJirou/DekuJirou fanfic with Izuku as an orphan and has a twin sister named Izumi. Both have quirks that relate to their late biological parent...
669 21 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...