Snow White and the Seven Boys

By everkind

Finally being able to find a job as a waitress in a five-star restaurant, Crystal meets seven boys she never... More

Chapter 1: Meeting Two of the Seven Boys
Chapter 3: Three Left, The Rest of the Seven Boys
Chapter 4: Perhaps Meeting Grumpy
Chapter 5: Slipping Off
Chapter 6: The Old Tale

Chapter 2: Knowing Two More of Them

3.6K 85 21
By everkind

I was shocked as I turned back to face this person, I glanced down seeing my hand held back by him.

"Sorry," I paused, "but could you let go of my hand." I whispered, trying not to raise my voice.

He shook his head, "No." He glanced up to look at me, "I just need someone to talk to." His hazel eyes were full with sorrow. I thought about it and I agreed to sit down opposite to him. I guess, in life, it was hard to find people to talk to.

The table was filled with many empty wine glasses. But this person, however, silently reached for the bottle of wine and drank it instead.

My eyes widened, "You shouldn't be drinking too much alcohol." I told him, "It's not good for you."

He shook his head, "I love her so much," he began, "and now she's with someone else."

He's heartbroken.

I smiled, trying to lighten the mood up, "I guess she's not the person for you then."

He shook his head again, "I know that she was the right person." He slammed the table, "But why doesn't she love me?"

I lowered my eyes. I have nothing to say now.

He reached for the bottle of wine again. I leaned over and grabbed it away from him. "Seriously, it's not good for you."

The guy looked up and stared at me.

"I don't think drinking any more of this would help erase your pain."

He paused for a moment and then he just sat there looking down at the table cloth. "Do you know any other way to erase the pain away?"

Honestly, I think he's asking the wrong person. I really don't have much experience with these kind things. But seeing him listening so attentively, I tried to come up with something appropriate. "I think the best way is to keep yourself busy by doing something you love, like a hobby." I glanced up and saw his eyes looking directly at me.

"Something I love." He whispered.

"Yes. Doing something you like will keep you away from thinking about her. Then hopefully time will heal you." Hearing myself saying that out loud, I wondered how that line came to my head.

"Sorry, but I have to go now." I awkwardly stood up and pushed the chair in. From that moment, I knew that the guy wanted to say something else. But he didn't. I glanced over to the kitchen and walked off not looking back.

Serving for the next table, I placed down two plates in front of a couple. They said thank you and I smiled. Turning back to head to the kitchen again, my eyes started to get blurry. My head felt like it was going to spin, and my feet were wobbly. I quickly walked over to the wall and stood there trying to keep my balance stable. "Please not now." I said to myself.

My illness was activated. I didn't know what to do but to just stand there and try to keep head my stable. I glanced back at the person who was heartbroken. However, table eighteen was empty. "I guess he left." I whispered to myself.

Struggling to find the kitchen again, I took slow steps against the wall.

"Crystal?" I heard a voice.

"Crystal, are you okay?" Jane asked me.

"I'm fine." I told her, "It would go away in a minute."

Her eyes were worried, "Are you sure?" she said, trying to help me stand up.

"I'm fine." I told her again, I took another step and fell down.

"Crystal!" She began to panic, "You're not okay! Go and have a rest."

I nodded and headed for the back of restaurant. I had really lost my senses now. My illness was taking over me.

Water splashed over my face as I glanced up at the mirror. I look so different. It was like I was someone else now. I shook my head again and I walked to the doors and went out of the restrooms.

"Crystal," Jane was standing there looking at me, "are feeling any better?"

My illness, like it has a mind of its own, suddenly lowered itself down and I glanced up and smiled. "I'm good."

She sighed, "Okay, I think it's best for you if you take hold to this." She handed me a mop. "Just go and clean the hallways okay?"

I nodded, "Roger that!" I headed for the hallways. "And thank you, Jane!"

〜❅〜❅〜❅〜

Wow! The lights were still as beautiful as the ones in the dining room. This restaurant was seriously something big. I scrubbed the mop against the marble tiles. There was no one around so I decided to hum a little song. A song my mother used to sing to me.

Standing there scrubbing the floors, I was really enjoying this job. I smiled to myself, hoping that my illness had settled down for the time being. However, my eyes suddenly began to blur again. I stood there holding onto the mop and leaned against the wall. My eyes felt like they were going to close but I shook my head to regained my conscious, "No!" I told myself, "Wake up, Crystal!"

I forced myself to open my eyes again, "Hopefully I would last to the end of the day."

Scrubbing and humming the old song, I heard footsteps. I just sighed, "This hallway is going to take a while."

The footsteps sounded like they were coming closer, I looked around but saw no one. I guess I was hearing things. But as I continued to scrub the floors, the footsteps became louder. I scanned over to my left and again saw no one.

Out of nowhere, papers flew in the air and a thud was heard. I turned around to my right and saw a person sitting on the marble floors. I gasped and tried to hide the mop behind me, but it fell down, lying on the tiles.

"Sorry!" I came running to the person. "Are you okay?"

"Fine." He glanced up, "Who are you?"

I scratched my head, "I'm the new person for the job." I smiled weakly.

"You must be Crystal Neiva then." He began to stand up and picked his papers up.

I lowered myself down and helped him, since it was kind of like my fault for the slippery floors. I handed the papers to him, trying to lower my eyes until I saw the golden pin on his blazer, 'Manager'.

"This is not good." I whispered. I remembered this person from the interview.

"Sorry? Did you say something?"

"Nothing," I shook my head, "I mean," I paused trying to find the right words. "I'm sorry that I made you fell down."

He looked back at me, "What do you mean?" He then glanced behind and saw the mop lying on the floor. "Oh."

I weakly smiled, "Sorry." I apologised again, "I really am."

He stood up and dusted himself, "That's okay." He smiled, "Today's you're first day. So accidents do happen. Next time, just remember to put up the sign, 'Wet Floors' okay?"

I nodded, "Yes, I will and thank you."

"Well then," he glanced down at his watch, "I need to go for a meeting soon."

I sighed and picked the mop up, "I always make accidents!" I told myself, "How can I fix that?" I lowered my eyes.

〜❅〜❅〜❅〜

"Bye, Jane!"

"See you tomorrow, Crystal!"

The day had ended and it was about nine at night. I smiled to myself as I wore my coat over my waitress uniform and headed for the doors.

Walking around the streets I walked past a park with the sparkling white water fountain in the centre of it. The lights surrounding the fountain were natural and gentle. I smiled and decided to have a visit to the fountain. There, just in front of the fountain was a small crowd of people admiring the music being played. I could hear the strums of the guitar as the person sang with delight. His voice was gentle and soothing. I swayed myself to the melody and the audience clapped when the song was finished.

"Thank you, thank you." He said, standing by the edge of the fountain.

People placed coins and notes into his guitar case. "Thank you," he smiled.

I walked over to the singer and pulled out my wallet, placing a few coins into his case. "Thank you," he said.

I smiled back.

Walking away from the fountain I felt like I had lost something. But as I glanced back, I saw nothing on the ground. Must be my imagination.

"Hey!" I heard a voice.

I turned around and saw the singer running to me, "You dropped this." He gave my wallet back.

I glanced down, seeing my simple black handmade wallet in the singer's hand. I reached for it, "Thank you!"

"No worries. Just be careful next time." He smiled and headed back to the fountain.

I seriously have a problem with my eyes. How can I not see my own wallet on the ground? I turned around to see the concrete floors again. But the singer was a really good person, I thought, or than he would of taken my wallet already.

Just as when I was about to take a step, I suddenly heard a big splash behind. I turn around to see the singer sitting in the fountain.

He sat there all soggy wet from head to toe. He stepped out of the stone fountain and reached for his guitar and case.

"Are you okay?" I asked, seeing his hair and clothes dripping with water. "Here," I handed him a handkerchief.

His eyes widened and then he laughed to himself, "Well, this is embarrassing." He looked at me and reached for the handkerchief. "Thank you."

I smiled back, "No worries."

He dried his face, "I guess we're even then."

I nodded, "Yep." I then suddenly remember that the bus was going to leave soon and I glanced down at my watch, "I have to go now," I told him, seeing that there was about ten minutes left.

"Here," he handed my handkerchief back, "thank you again."

"Keep it." I replied, "I think you'll need it again, especially if you're going to continue singing here."

He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled. "That's true. Thank you."

I smiled and turned back, running out of the park to catch my bus.

〜❅〜❅〜❅〜

Hope you guys like this chapter, there are three more boys to go. Thinking of their personality to fit with the original version is hard. XD

Anyway, remember to support this story. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 2.2K 26
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...
253K 7.1K 26
I wrote this when I was about 13, A LOT of it doesn't make sense. Check out my other works that are a lot better. Sophia Miller is your average 17 y...
191 0 11
Personally, I never saw myself as an optimistic person. I never really had any friends, I didn't share feelings for people, I never really had any so...
3.7K 208 24
WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS TONS OF CRINGE. IT WAS WRITTEN WHEN ME AND MY FRIEND WERE STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL. WE ARE PAINFULLY IN THE PROCESS OF EXTR...