Tonic Chemistry (Blake Bellad...

By FrostyLuck

5 years of being on the run and killing those who have been placed on a bounty with chemical warfare can kill... More

Chapter 2: Shadow Work
Chapter 3: Black Cat
Chapter 4: Judge and Savior
(Y/N) Bio
Chapter 5: 24 Hour Shift
Chapter 6: Old Work
Chapter 7: Blood Money
Chapter 8: Skeptic Trust
Chapter 9: Amends
Chapter 10: Debts of Knowledge
Chapter 11: Bitter Talk
Chapter 12: Enlightening Words
Chapter 13: Pleasure Seekers
Chapter 14: Breath Deep
Chapter 15: Addictive Answers
Chapter 16: Established Bonds
Chapter 17: Early Departure
Chapter 18: Fallen Mask
Chapter 19: Kindled Faith
Chapter 20: What I Feel

Chapter 1: Light Night

5.8K 56 31
By FrostyLuck

(Y/N) POV

My eyes blinked in quick succession and slowly began to register my surroundings. It was a rather warm and flowing sensation that washed over me. My body felt it was afloat as if I were in space. Blinking a few more times, trying to get the sleep out of my eyes to only be greeted with a foggy image with what appeared to be a light beaming through a light screen.

I was curious and reached out to the screen, only to bump my fingers against a hard surface; creating a sort of clink sound. That's when I realize that I was in that damn testing tube again. In a blind panic, I pounded against the barrier to no avail, the liquid that my body was submerged in slowed my fists to a snail's pace. However, the light pounding has drawn some attention to them, a woman with visible black hair, and olive skin, in a white coat rushed to my aid followed up by a man clad in similar attire only his face was lighter with blonde hair.

Man: "What is subject 93 doing up? This operation requires him to be asleep!"

Woman: "The melatonin we administered didn't register in his body yet."

Man: "Damn! Call it off! He is still awake!" The man waved off to the side, rushing out of sight to try and cancel.

???: "And what gives you the authority to cancel this?"

Man: "Director?! I thought you were–"The man was cut off, followed by what seemed to be a follow-up nigh-audible slap presumably by the director.

Director: "We come so close to making perfection! We aren't stopping now for the sake of humanitarian purposes, proceed with the operation!"

Woman: "Sir! I must protest, there is no telling what could happen to 93! Like what happened to 35 or 22 when they were awake!"

Director: "Save me the lecture, lady. I know for a fact that he will be our first success. All of our failures have led us to this. Now, proceed with the operation."

Man and Woman: "Yes, sir!"

My arms started flailing with panic, twisting and buckling for a place to escape. There were no openings that I could make out with my hindered vision other than the oxygen tubes and the many iv tubes connected to my body. My blind panic was only subdued when a light rapping at the glass drew my attention. A man distinguished by his gray hair and black aviators appeared in front of me.

Director: "You will be my first success in my semblance experiment, Subject Sigma." The man gave an unsettling smile, closing the glass window to my chamber, engulfing me into darkness.

At that moment I woke up in the restroom stall with a startling wake. My forehead precipitated with sweat as I held my hand upon my forehead to wipe the beads off.

Iota: "(Y/N)? Come in, (Y/N)" Her soothing voice emulated through a tiny earpiece in my right ear, somewhat relaxing me a bit.

(Y/N): "I can hear you loud and clear, IDeS. Stick to code names"

Iota: "Thank god you are still here." An unheard tone of relief was distinguishable from her voice. "I thought you were caught and I had to come to save your ass."

(Y/N): "No... I was having a microsleep again." I rose from my seat, patting to ensure nothing stuck to my pants from the filthy toilet seat before turning the knob of the sink, a torrent of water came flooding. That experiment occurred over five years ago, yet I'm still having small remnants of my past come back to haunt me. I slapped myself awake, splashing the cold water on my face.

Iota: "You didn't get enough sleep again? Is it because of the failed assassination of–" I cut her off.

(Y/N): "IDeS, you know better to press me on something stupid. Plus... that was a while back."

Iota: "Then is it about our time at the Thinking Tank?" She was frighteningly on point with her game, enough to make me freeze for a moment before I proceeded to tighten the sink's knob. "I'm going to take that as a yes then. Don't worry, we will shut them down soon enough when we finish this mission, Mist."

(Y/N): "Now then, where is my case?"

Iota: "Our insider, William has left your gear in the ventilation of the men's bathroom. You know who your targets are correct?"

I hastily scanned the room, spotting a small grate at the bottom of the sink. I ripped the covering off, without hesitation as I reached in and sauntered my hand until it touched a smooth edge and pulled it out of hiding. In my hands was an innocent black violin case on the front, opening it revealed its deadly insides of a scabbarded katana, various dust infused bullets, a metal-framed black leather gauntlet decorated with various deep or shallow battle scars, a small handful of various chemical vials, and finally my mask specially designed to fit only for my purposes.

Iota: "Our client requires that you take them out quickly and quietly, so no slow killings." There was some heat directed toward me, but I dismissed that quickly as I geared up, smoothly putting on my gauntlet and mask, arming myself to the teeth.

(Y/N): "You can always count on me sister."

Iota: "That is what I was afraid of. You didn't get enough sleep for this assassination." I was quick to argue with her, but she was only right due to the scheduling conflict that I had earlier. All I could do was brush off her criticisms and focus on the task at hand.

(Y/N): "Point me in the direction and we will slip out of this as if nothing happened."

Iota: "Okay then, just give me a quick second and... I'm in!"

(Y/N): "You couldn't have gone for something more original?"

Iota: "Is now really the time for that attitude?"

(Y/N): "Just tell me where to go" I backed myself beside the restroom door, waiting for directions.

Iota: "The cameras say that you are clear on your floor. Looks like the auction is being held in the basement, there are a ton of guards on patrol so be careful."

(Y/N): "You already know that these grunts aren't a problem."

I carefully opened the door to see that the coast was clear. Swiftly, I made my way forward with the guidance of Iota taking down any guards with my beauty of a weapon. Having to either slit their throats open leaving them to choke on their own blood or stab them through the heart, all whilst not having any of them alert the others. Steadily I made progress towards the basement where our targets are.

(Y/N): "How many are there IDeS?" I smoothly extracted my sword from one of the men's torso, his body went tumbling down the basement stairs.

Iota: "Most of the guards were the ones that you have just taken care of, but don't stop now. They will be doing role calls in a minute."

(Y/N): "Right" I hurried down the lit-up basement corridors, slipping by the guards undetected before ambushing them; lobbing their heads with one fellow swoop as I continued forward.

Iota: "45 seconds before they start to get rowdy. Hurry up!"

(Y/N): "Don't rush me!" I fired back at her as I stifled a grunt's mouth, slitting open his throat, letting him go as he stumbled to his knees and grasping his throat, unable to make any sounds other than a blood-curdling croak.

Iota: "The auction is being held at the door at the end of the corridor to your right. Go finish this kid."

I glanced forward down the hall, finding a small silver doorknob protruding and a black thin doorframe; confirming her intel.

(Y/N): "Right!" I hurried forward to the door, only to be caught by surprise when almost crashed into a false door that opened in my face.

Grunt: "The hell?"

The guard quickly switched sides, spotting me as I recovered from the initial impact. In response to my presence, the man went for his weapon holstered by his belt, expecting to shoot me dead. However, I dispatched this immediately.

Grunt: "What the fu–" His arm went airborne and before his homosapien brain could register the pain, I silenced him with a blade through his mouth and splitting his spinal cord, creating small bone fragments to spray like shrapnel and paint the ground behind him red.

(Y/N): "Good night, fool." I slid the man's head off my blade.

Ioda: "I probably should have told you that the door was a false one."

(Y/N) "It's a little too late for that." My hand came over to rub away the pain.

Ioda: "Huh? What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "Forget it, I'm approaching our targets."

I went scurrying down the several flights of stairs, surprising any guards standing around with a draw of the sword. It was rather difficult for me to pinpoint which door to open up without me accidentally entering a break room which fortunately enough there wasn't a soul to witness me entering.

Ioda: "The metal door to your left is where the auction is. The guards are already on high alert and heading to your location."

(Y/N): "How much time do I have." I approached the door, but it appeared to be locked with a fingerprint scanner and an eye reader.

Ioda: "One minute. I'm trying to override their security and..."

The lock overridden itself, opening the door to the auctionhall where several men dressed for fine dining faced me.

Man 1: "Who are you?"

Man 2: "Where are the guards?"

(Y/N): "I took care of them." I approached them casually, all of them backed away in response.

Man 2: "Liar! We have over a hundred guards! There is no way you killed all of them!"

(Y/N): "Well, I was only half lying about taking care of them. Now then, I'm sure you gentlemen don't like people who beat around the bush so..." I unsheath my blade, holding up to my blood-lusted face with exponential want. "I want to see if your insides are still human."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711 33 14
Join Edward on his adventure to somewhere he thought he would never see again..... Home. With him on humanity's side, the Grimm stand no chance.
2.8K 61 11
I own nothing RWBY related. A boy born to an unloving family, thought to be a legend in his small village of Kirin, just a few miles from Vale. The v...
36.1K 803 23
Ever since Blake left the White Fang, Y/N has always been skeptical and worried about the White Fang itself, seeing how it changed his older brother...
8.7K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.