Getaway Car

By camilzer

Y/N has always been involved in crime. It's become the one constant in her life. Recently, she shifted her w... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two

chapter sixteen

400 30 39
By camilzer

Camila stood in her office, looking over all the images she had taken of Y/N's things. None of it made sense. She was only able to make connections between the numbers in the notebook and the numbers written behind the pictures of people.

She concluded this meant that those people were also tied to the dollar amount and the other number. She just didn't know how. The detective was correct, however, in her idea that the photos were from obituaries.

That was as far as she had gotten in the past two days. Camila knew she needed help. It was time to confide in the one person she could trust with anything.

Camila Cabello:
Can you come over?
I need help with something
Sent 17:46

Normani Kordei:
I'm on my way
Is everything okay?
Read 17:47

Camila left her partner's text on read, figuring it would be much easier to discuss in person. In hindsight, she probably could have, at least, let her know it wasn't an emergency.

Normani showed up in about five minutes. Her house was a good 15 minutes away usually. She got there, used her key, and burst through the door, completely out of breath. "Camila? Are you okay?" She called out into the apartment.

Said woman walked out from her office, surprised at Normani's early arrival. "I'm fine. How did you get here so fast?"

"I thought it was an emergency. You didn't reply." She reasoned.

"Oh...my bad." Camila chuckled slightly. "Uh, let's sit." Normani followed her instructions and sat down in the recliner in Camilas living room. "So, I need help with something but first I need to tell you about some other things."

"Okay..." Normani nodded, wary of what was to come.

"Do you remember Y/N, Dinah, and Lauren?" Camila started.

"Miami's finest vigilantes? Sure." Her partner answered. "I keep in touch with them. Well, with Dinah and Lauren. Y/N is a little...odd."

"She's not 'odd'." Camila snapped defensively. "She just operates a little differently than you and me."

"Alright. I'm sorry." Normani was a little taken aback by Camilas small outburst.

"No, I'm sorry. It's just..." The smaller brunette took a deep breath and rubbed her palms along her jeans. "I've been working with them. And Y/N and I have gotten...closer." She glanced up at Normani slightly, searching for a reaction.

"Wait...is Y/N the person you're in love with??" She asked, obviously shocked.

"Yeah..."

"Well, shit. Okay then." Her partner nodded, not really knowing what to say as this was the last person she'd guess was the object of Camila's affection. "Hold on, working with them how?"

"Right, so, Dinah is this crazy smart computer person and she invented this algorithm that basically helps identify people before they commit a violent crime. It predicts it." Camila told her. "I know it sounds crazy but just trust me."

"Alright." She agreed easily.

"Really? Just like that?"

"Yeah, I mean, I trust you. And it makes sense. It explains how Y/N and Lauren were just there at the warehouse. It also explains how Y/N knew that man we had in custody was choking out his cell mate." Normani explained. "Plus, Dinah is incredibly smart. It seems fitting she'd invent something so...amazing." Her eyes practically sparkling.

Camila eyed her weirdly after her comments on Dinah. She brushed it off for now, deciding there were more important matters to get to. She made a mental note to question her on it later, however. "Alright well, that was easy. Anyway, I recently realized I don't know anything about Y/N's past so I did some digging."

"I take it by 'digging' you don't mean you asked her about it? Ya know, like a normal person?"

"...no." Camila shyly replied. "She wouldn't tell me anyway though. She'd just change the subject or ignore me completely." She reasoned. "But, anyway, I looked through her room yesterday after she left and—"

"I'm sorry, her room? Why were you in her room?"

"I didn't break in. She let me in. Then when she left in the morning I—"

"Woah, woah, woah, you spent the night with her?"

"I mean...yeah. We didn't do anything. We just slept." Normani gave her a look. "And we kissed. Once." Her partner smiled, proud of her friend. "That doesn't matter though," Camila shook her head, trying to get back on track. "I found this box in her room and there were some things in it and I don't know what they are or what they mean. I need help figuring it out."

"Alright. Let's figure out what your girlfriend is up to." Normani stood.

"She's not my girlfriend." Camila muttered.

"Mhm, sure." Normani didn't sound convinced. The shorter woman rolled her eyes, starting to understand Y/N's frustration at her friend's comments.

—————

After Camila explained her findings to Normani and showed her the pictures she took, the two stood in silence for a bit, letting it sink in. "So you said these are obituary pictures?"

"Yeah. I was able to find the paper issues they came from based on the words on the back. It took me way too long but I did it." Camila told her. "All from different areas."

"Okay." Normani bit her lip, clearly thinking. "Did it give a cause of death?"

"Do obituaries usually do that?" Camila asked rhetorically.

"Okay, well did you look them up in the database?"

"No. Why would they be in there?" Camila asked.

"If it was a suspicious death, they'd be in there." Normani walked over to Camila's computer, where one of the newspapers was displayed on the screen. Kenneth Maxwell was the name displayed under the picture. Normani then went to the MPD database and typed the name in, widening the search to cover other PD databases as well. "Ah," She exclaimed when she found what she was looking for. She lifted her finger to trace the words she was reading. "Kenneth Maxwell. He was found at his kitchen table, a singular gun shot." She looked at Camila. "Execution style." Then, she went back and searched the next name. "Same thing. This time on her couch." As she looked through, she found more and more of the same. "You don't think..." She looked at her partner. Camila was looking at her, one arm crossed over her stomach as she chewed on her thumbnail on the opposite hand. They were clearly thinking the same thing.

"I want to say I don't think she's capable of this but...I think she is." Camila sighed. "When I was out of work those two weeks, I wasn't sick." Normani pushed the chair back so she could look at Camila fully, giving her her undivided attention. "I was stabbed. After a sting operation with Y/N."

"What the fuck?" Normani asked loudly. "Why wouldn't you tell me that?"

"It would have led to more questions." Her partner scoffed, looking away briefly in disbelief. "But before I woke up, Y/N had gone out to look for the man who did it. She's the one who shot Flores' informant."

"In the kneecaps?" Normani asked, half shocked half disgusted.

"Yeah." Was all Camila replied.

"Well," Normani rubbed her chin in thought, reaching out to grab one of the pictures Camila took of the notebook. "Not only was she possibly a serial killer," she pointed to the dollar amounts. "I'm pretty sure she was paid to do it."

"A contract killer." Camila clarified.

————

The two women decided Camila should go talk to Y/N about this. Camila hoped there would be a different explanation. Like, maybe Y/N was tracking down the real killer. Or maybe she was keeping this stuff as evidence for when the real killer was caught.

Dinah let her in and she went straight to Y/N's room, knocking on the door. "It's me." She said, knowing Y/N wouldn't allow her entry unless she knew it was Camila.

"Come in." She answered through the door. Camila did as she said and came in, closing the door behind her and standing awkwardly in front of it. Y/N was sitting at her desk, cleaning her gun. This made Camila worry slightly but she knew Y/N would never hurt her. "What is it?" She asked without turning around. Camila was unsure of how to reply and stood there opening and closing her mouth. "It was you, right?"

"W-what was me?"

Y/N finally turned around. "You found my things?" Camila swallowed harshly, scared to answer. Y/N stood, walking closer to Camila. "I'm not mad."

"You're not?" She asked, honestly unsure how she couldn't be mad.

"No," Y/N sighed and moved to sit on the edge of her bed. "I expected you to find them sooner."

"What do you mean?" She asked, moving to sit beside her.

"You're a detective. And you're naturally curious. I figured you would look for things."

"Why didn't you move it? To a place I wouldn't find it?" Y/N didn't reply. She stood again, this time putting her hands out in front of her. "What are you..."

"You caught me." Was all she replied with.

"What? No, Y/N, I'm not—I'm not going to arrest you." Camila shook her head.

"It's your job."

"Well, yes but..." Camila stood as well. "It is, but..."

"You have to."

"No, I don't." The detective didn't quite know how to process what was happening. Did Y/N want to go to jail?

"Yes." Y/N told her, her hands unmoving from their position.

"No, I—" Camila pinched the bridge of her nose. "I don't. Prison is for...for rehabilitation. And you, you're already rehabilitated. You're saving lives now." She reasoned, kind of pulling her reasoning out of her ass, but at the same time, realizing it was a valid reason.

"Detective—"

"No, I'm serious. I can't arrest you because you don't deserve it." The both looked at each other for a little while, Camila stepping forward eventually. She slowly lifted her hands over Y/N's, looking at her eyes to make sure she was okay. Then, she pushed her hands down, finalizing her decision. She leaned forward slowly, kissing Y/N's cheek. "You don't deserve it." She told her before leaving her room, and soon the apartment.

————

Camila's reasoning wasn't good enough for Y/N. She refused to let Camila get away with letting her get off on this.

It was raining when Y/N found herself outside of the Miami Police Department, her hands stuffed in her pockets, hood over her head. She waited until she found who she was looking for.

"Detective Kordei." She spoke through the rain. The detective spun around, her hand reflexively landing on the gun on her hip.

"Y/N?" She asked, squinting through the rain. Y/N walked closer, her head angled down to avoid the rain as best she could. "What are you doing here?"

"I need you to arrest me."

"What?" Normani was confused, and wet, and annoyed after a 12 hour shift. She just wanted to go home but she had a feeling that wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

"I know the Detective told you. About what she found." Y/N clarified.

"She did." Normani nodded.

"She won't arrest me. She can't do it. And we both know she will beat herself up about letting me go."

"I don't think she will. She wants to be with you."

"She can't be." Y/N put her hands out again, the same as she did with Camila. "I don't want her to resent herself for letting me go." They stared at each other. Normani knew that if she arrested Y/N, Camila may never speak to her or trust her again. But, Y/N wasn't wrong. Camila prioritized her career over almost anything. Years down the road, if Y/N is no longer in the picture, she may hate herself for not taking down a killer when she had the chance.

Putting both their careers above Camila's feelings, Normani reached for her handcuffs. "Turn around." Y/N did as she was told. "You have the right to remain silent."

—————
(a/n): another day, another update 😈😈

This was fun, huh?
I apologize but like trust me LMAO

What did you guys think?

Don't forget to vote (AND KEEP STREAMING AND BUYING FAMILIA)
Thanks for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 213 28
Y/N Y/LN is a young, talented girl with no means to continue on living. Her whole life has been filled with questions no one can answer. At fifteen...
49.5K 2.3K 26
Y/N is next in line. When your parents are both dead, you'll need to become married. The Hernandez owe the Y/L/N. They'll have to give up their perf...
14.4K 407 18
There's no one Camila Cabello loves and hates going up against in court more than Lauren Jauregui. Lauren always knows just how to get rise out of C...
89.8K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...