Fangs | mlm

By igormichael

Trevor returns home after a usual day at work, but there he encounters something unusual-an intruder sitting... More

Chapter 1 - The Stranger
Chapter 2 - It gets worse
Chapter 3 - The escapes
Chapter 4 - The abandoned mansion
Chapter 5 - The restless night
Chapter 6 - The Fight
Chapter 7 - The aftermath
Chapter 8 - The next step
Chapter 9 - Shared moments
Chapter 10 - Ancient Forest
Chapter 11 - The Witch
Chapter 12 - The expedition
Chapter 13 - The werewolves
Chapter 14 - The Ritual
Chapter 15 - Coffee stop
Chapter 16 - The chase
Chapter 17 - Close call
Chapter 18 - The storm's coming
Chapter 19 - Sold out
Chapter 20 - This is the time
Chapter 21 - The confrontation
Chapter 22 - The future
Chapter 23 - Under a tree
Chapter 24 - At the crossroads
Chapter 25 - So close and yet so far
Chapter 26 - The turn of events
Chapter 27 - Captured
Chapter 28 - On edge
Chapter 29 - Back from the dead
Chapter 30 - Repairing the damage
Chapter 31 - The rescue plan
Chapter 32 - This is it
Chapter 33 - All or nothing
Chapter 34 - Trouble in paradise
Chapter 35 - Nothing is going according to the plan
Chapter 36 - Eleonora
Chapter 37 - Breaking the ice
Chapter 38 - William
Chapter 39 - Coming to an end
Chapter 40 - One last thing
Epilogue - All's well that ends well

Chapter 41 - Trevor

135 6 0
By igormichael

"Eleonora got the champagne," Jackson said at their approach, "but we won't drink this shit."

"Talk for yourself," she huffed. "Besides, I had to buy all this myself, because they wouldn't sell to a minor." She shot him a mocking smile.

"I'm literally, like, six times older than you, you child. Or is telling you that you're older than the Earth itself a bigger insult? I'm good with insults, but I never got those age ones quite figured out."

Eleonora kept her squinted eyes on him for a moment, but then moved them to Trevor and William, who sat down with them. "So, let's start with the champagne. Who's drinking with me?"

"Don't look at me," William said, lifting his hands in surrender. "You know, I don't drink."

"Really? Even on your own birthday?" William shook his head, and she pointed the bottle at Trevor, who was giving a side eye to William. "Trevor? You're the last one I got."

"Yeah. Why not?" He smiled, and Eleonora did too.

She got the bottle open and poured the champagne into plastic cups, since they hadn't found anything better in the shop to drink from. Eleonora handed the brunet his cup, and they touched them together in toast.

"For all this"—she gestured at the car rather than them—"to end. But the friends and loves we got from this can stay! I want to stay in touch with you morons." She laughed and almost downed the champagne.

"You're lucky you added that," William noted.

Eleonora only smiled and looked between him and Trevor. The brunet's heart almost stopped when she proceeded to talk and didn't stay silent.

"So, how're things going between you two?" she asked as she poured herself another glass of champagne.

Jackson was quicker to say, "Oh, you know how it is! We're expecting a baby! Third week already."

Eleonora's brows shot up. "And who's pregnant exactly?"

"Willy, of course. Do I look pregnant to you? His hormones are all over the place."

"That's sexist," she commented, giving him a look. "Don't talk like that. Hormones have nothing to do with it. But congratulations, anyway." She gave them a fake smile. "But seriously, how are you? Jackson, stay quiet this time, will you?" She didn't spare him a dirty look.

As Jackson mimed zipping his mouth all the way down with his fingers, Trevor and William looked at each other in a silent question. In theory, Trevor should be the one talking about that, since he was the one who had to give this relationship a break, but William seemed willing to speak up for him. Trevor didn't want it though, so he spoke instead.

"Well," he began, putting the cup down, "it's better. That's for sure. We're trying to make it back to the state our relationship was before. Before the second kidnap, that is, or at the very beginning of it. It was quite well between us back then, so I think we can come back to that state. What do you think, William?" His gaze met William's eyes, happy and loving.

"Of course." He nodded with a smile. "I'd love to make that happen."

"Good," he said, then nodded to make himself focus. "Let's celebrate, shall we?"

And celebrate they did indeed. Bottles were passed from hand to hand, and the cups were endlessly being refilled. At last, Trevor convinced even William to drink a little with them. He suspected that William didn't want to drink because it would make him lose control. But that was exactly what he wanted for William. He'd been in control for so long that it might have become a habit or responsibility, or even a burden. He wanted William to let loose and forget about what had happened for at least a little while. Trevor wanted to see William happy.

He did see him happy, but the other two partiers had started drinking much earlier and were now slowing down, because they'd got so drunk they could barely move anymore. Now William and he were the only ones left standing.

"I didn't know vampires could pass out," Trevor commented, looking at blacked-out Jackson.

"Right, I didn't tell you that. So, you know we need a few hours of sleep? About four, right?" Trevor nodded, unable to figure out what was William's point. "Vampires feel tired sometimes too. We can't die from sleeplessness like I guess humans can, but our bodies shut down when we don't sleep enough, or we're extremely tired, or damage in our bodies is too big to handle. So, yes, vampires can pass out. That's a mechanism to keep us alive, I think."

"Good to know. He got so drunk his body needed to shut down. Wish my body could do that." Trevor smiled. Then he looked in the direction where the nearest forest was situated. "Do you think Eleonora will come back?"

"She has to. But I don't know if she can continue." When Trevor shot him a confused look, William added, "you know, she's very, very drunk."

"Oh, right. They both are. So, maybe we can bring her back and then do something else, only the two of us?"

William's brow shot up at this proposition. Just as Trevor thought they would—in this curious, intrigued way of his. "Sounds good to me." He gave a small smile and got up.

The sun had begun to set only now, and two of their friends were already so drunk they needed being taken care of.

Trevor and William headed for the trees to where Eleonora should have gone. They found her sitting under a tree, leaning her back against its trunk. To their confusion, she gave a wave at their approach.

"Elie, are you quite all right?" William asked, kneeling next to her.

"I don't think I am. Not quite," she said, though her voice had a hint of laughter in it.

"That's all right." William then hauled her to her feet.

Eleonora couldn't keep her balance by herself, so William had to wrap his hand around her waist, while Trevor thought he'd do more making sure she wouldn't fall. They transported her exactly like that to the car, where she lay in the backseat. They even covered her with a blanket, and Eleonora seemed not to mind, since she fell asleep shortly after.

"Well," Trevor began, closing the car door, "it means it's just the two of us now." He gave the blond a knowing smile.

"Are you glad it's like this? We don't have to do anything together if you don't want to. I can keep myself company," he told him.

Trevor chuckled and grinned. "No, it's fine. I like your company." He inched toward him. "I do. Even when I'm mad at you."

William walked a few steps to Trevor too. "You do?"

"Yes. I do." William's sweet face was almost in his, but it didn't bother him. Obviously.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know." He shrugged as he stepped back. "The day is still young, isn't it?"

"I guess it is." William nodded.

"Do you think they'll be okay, if we leave them here?"

"They should be. They're old enough to take care of themselves." William directed a considering look at Eleonora. "I'll ask Jackson to look after her."

"He's not asleep?"

"Not quite. He shouldn't be."

William walked over to Jackson and kneeled beside him, before grasping his shoulder and shaking it slightly. Jackson got his eyes open within seconds and grabbed the blond by the neck. However, William didn't flinch.

"We'll be away for a bit. Keep an eye on Eleonora. She's in the car. I don't want anything to happen to her. Understand?"

Jackson didn't say anything or respond in any way. However, he did let go of William's neck and smiled widely as he closed his eyes again. Apparently, he didn't need to, since William then stood up and gave Trevor a smile of his own.

"Let's go," he said, and started walking.

"What was that?" Trevor couldn't hide the frown he bore as he followed him.

"Oh, Jackson's a little strange. His body doesn't react well to being touched. You know, I don't care, because he can't do much to me."

"He can suffocate you," Trevor said.

William laughed at that. "He can't. He can smash my throat, but what will happen then? I won't be able to breathe for a while? My cells will rebuild it eventually. So it'll be fine."

"You're scaring me sometimes. I don't know if I should be more worried."

"Why?" William looked at him, confused.

"With all that vampire talk." Trevor shrugged. "But it's fine. It's part of who you are. So I accept it. Even if I don't really understand it."

William stopped dramatically. "That was so cheesy, Trevor. But somehow sweet, too."

Trevor paused too and took a step toward William. "Are you calling me cheesy?"

He laughed. "Obviously you only care about the bad part. I said I think you're sweet. I mean, I wouldn't have saved you if I didn't."

"About that." Trevor resumed walking, not caring if William was following him. "How did you know?"

He did, of course. "Know what?"

"That you wanted to save me? I don't think you fell on the sight, didn't you?"

"Oh." William's whole face looked like one big smile now. "You don't remember, do you?"

"Remember what exactly?" Trevor had his smile on, but he also slightly furrowed his brows.

"You know, you didn't meet for the first time when you think you did," he told him after a moment's silence.

Trevor didn't know what it was about. What did he even mean? "What? Then when?"

"I visited you at work once. I ordered a decaf coffee with milk. You complimented my shirt. You told me you liked it." William scratched the back of his head after he dropped that bomb. "I thought you looked sweet too. I didn't have the courage to tell you that though. It was back when I already knew they wanted to kidnap you."

Trevor stopped again. His jaw dropped and eyes popped in disbelief. He had to cover his mouth with a hand. "You're kidding!"

He shook his head. "I'm not."

"I don't remember that at all! Why don't I remember that! I must have thought you were cute, and my queer radar had to turn on. I don't compliment people a lot, especially men. Toxic masculinity and all. What? Really?" William nodded, and Trevor looked around the forest to calm down. "I can't believe this."

"You should start believing this." William stopped and put a hand on the brunet's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze, so Trevor stopped too. Their eyes locked. "Because I want to answer your question now. Full honestly. It wasn't love at first sight. But I fell for you a little with every day. I might not have come back to the café, but I had an eye on you. At one point, you stopped being only their prey in my eyes, or Miranda's new trophy, but also a human being. I started to see your life, and what you'd lose if I didn't stop it. I wanted it for you, Trevor. I didn't know if you'd even like me back. I couldn't know. But I did it, so you wouldn't have to suffer as much as I do now. What we—meaning, me and Jackson—have isn't natural. It's wicked. It's a curse you have to live with. Or die with. And I think you'd hate it even more because you'd be forced into this lifestyle. It wouldn't choose you as it chose me."

"That's still pretty creepy, William. But understandable." Trevor stood on his tiptoes and briefly kissed William on the cheek. Nothing more. Not yet. "Thank you."

William blushed, cheeks beginning to burn light red, then smiled and nodded.

Then they strolled through the forest together in silence, admiring the surroundings, from the trees, to the bushes, to the occasional mushrooms. They didn't need to talk. The moment was better kept silent. But someone had to break the silence eventually.

"It's getting dark," William said.

"I know."

"Shouldn't we come back?"

"But do you want to?" Trevor shot him a smile over his shoulder.

"Well, I won't go if you don't."

"So it's settled—we're not going back yet."

"All right." William gave him a smile of his own.

It didn't take long before Trevor spoke again. "What is that?" He stopped and placed a hand on William's chest to stop him too. He didn't want to admit to himself how good it felt to have his hand there. If only he could get it over with. He didn't want to be mad anymore. But it would be so naive, so child-like to simply forgive William without a fight. He should beg for his mercy, for his forgiveness. And he hadn't really done any of these.

"What do you mean?"

"This blue thingy where trees stop growing."

"I think it's a lake."

Trevor's eyes popped in idea. A lightbulb almost appeared over his head. William couldn't see it, since he was slightly behind him. But it was fine. He knew what to do. "I have an idea," he said.

"Trevor?"

"Hmm?"

"What did this lake inspire you to do?" His voice sounded playful but also intrigued.

Trevor lowered his hand and gripped William's wrist. He then looked back over his shoulder to see his face pulled in alert but filled with curiosity.

He raised an eyebrow. "Trevor?"

"We're going to sit at the shore. Like the first time I didn't try to escape when I could? Remember?"

"But it's late. I don't know if it's a good idea, Trevor."

Trevor simply waved him off. "Oh, you worry too much."

"I do it because I don't want anything to happen to you," he told him.

Trevor only half-listened as he led them for the lake. "You're overprotective sometimes, you know that?"

"I do, but—"

"No more buts," he cut in. "I don't want to hear them on your birthday. I can take care of myself just fine."

"What if I want to make a sentence with but? It's one of the most basic conjunctions in the English language. I hope you're aware of it."

Now Trevor almost didn't listen at all, eyes on the target. "Lies, lies, and lies. But I guess you like them, don't you?" He looked at William over his shoulder and wiggled his brows.

William opened his mouth, feigning being offended. "I don't know what's worse. That you called me out, or that you broke your own rule? I mean, I don't blame you. I'm old enough to take blame for my mistakes. You didn't sound angry at all when you called me out, though."

He stopped to say, "Because I'm not."

"You're not?" William seemed reluctant to believe him.

"I'm not. Not really. Not anymore. It's not like there aren't any hard feelings involved. There are. But at the end of the day, you had to do what you had to do to keep me safe. Or so I believe. You did it, didn't you? We're all safe now. Well, almost. But I think if you didn't intervene more people could suffer. If this experiment of theirs succeeded, what would they do next? Do you think they would stop with me? I don't think so." He shook his head, firmly. "You saved me, and many more people with it. You're a hero." Trevor took William's hand into both of his and gave it a squeeze. "My hero."

"Aww, I'm going to blush."

"Go off and blush then. It's not like I haven't seen you with it yet." He winked at him. "But don't get too excited and proud of yourself. I'm still mad at you."

"Fair."

They stood like that, looking at each other lovingly, not knowing how to continue and if they should continue the conversation. But Trevor thought that if they didn't speak to each other in a matter of seconds, he was going to lose it and throw himself at William, and the blond probably wouldn't complain; Trevor knew that. So he had to cut this awkward silence and situation in half with the precision of a chef.

"Okay, we don't have any more time to waste. If we continue to talk so much, we'll end up missing the sunset."

"You want to watch the sunset?"

"Yeah. Why not? It'll take a day until they both sober up." Trevor almost laughed. "And don't you?"

"No. I'd love to. It's romantic."

"You think I didn't have that in mind?" "But so you know, your punishment will end as soon as the sun sets."

Obviously, that got William's attention. His brows shot up, as did the corners of his mouth. Trevor knew exactly what that expression meant.

"You'll also get a birthday kiss. Know my mercy."

Much to Trevor's surprise, William threw arms around him, bringing him in a slightly awkward embrace, but didn't kiss him. He knew he had to wait until Trevor was ready and let him.

"It looks fresh," Trevor said as soon as he got through the bushes.

"We should've taken a blanket or something to sit on, though," William noted.

"We should've," he agreed. "But it's still quite warm, isn't it?"

"Uh-huh," he hummed with a nod.

Trevor sat down on the shore and tucked his bent legs under his arms. William did almost the same but leaned back, propped on his elbows, instead. His blond hair now hung down, shining in the sunlight. Trevor watched as William let his eyes close and smiled, facing the slowly setting sun. He thought he could live like this. He thought he could be with him.

But it was really William's last straw. If he kept any more things from Trevor that actually involved him, he would get the boot as his boyfriend. Trevor thought he knew William well enough to feel rather confident that he wouldn't do that ever again. Or at least, do his best not to. He knew he could relax and live the moment for what it was: the end of a chapter.

"So, it's really over," Trevor began.

William didn't open his eyes, though he exhaled a chuckle through his nostrils. Trevor suspected they'd talked enough for him to know what he was referring to. "It really is. Truly over."

"I can't believe it."

"Neither can I. But here we are. Safe and sound," he told him.

Trevor thought if he should say the thing he wanted to say. In the end, he did. Life was too short to keep it in. He could have been shot dead the other day. On many occasions. So why should he bother to keep it low-key and nonchalant anymore. He'd been keeping it nonchalant for too long. "I'm glad you're okay."

It got William's attention. He opened his eyes in an instant, furrowed his brows, and looked attentively at Trevor.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know." Trevor didn't regret what he'd said. He didn't think it was stupid to care about a vampire. He knew he was one, but it didn't mean he thought he was indestructible, unbreakable. He also knew William used to be a human. He still was—in a way. So maybe he couldn't be hurt physically. But mentally, he could still get scarred for life, he suspected. It was human to worry and care. "I didn't wanna lose you, I guess."

William's frown gave way to a new arched eyebrow. "You didn't? I've never heard it from you."

"I didn't. Still don't. That's why—" he began, but then had to pause.

"That's why what?" he asked.

"That's why we need to figure out how we're going to do this. We need a plan."

He tilted his head and softened his eyes; Trevor sometimes wondered if he could change their colour. "But today? It's my birthday, Trevor. I'd like to speak of a little sexier matters right now." He leaned in toward Trevor.

"It doesn't matter what you want," he insisted. "It shouldn't wait. Besides, you're getting your gift after the sunset. What's stopping us from talking abou it now?"

The blond knew he wouldn't win this argument, so he sighed instead. "All right, tiger. Go on."

"Okay, we know it won't be that easy. It has to be convincing, because I'm sure the police will get involved. Someone must have reported a missing person, you know. If not Heather or Noah, it's got to be my parents. I've probably been hanging on that list for more than a month. I don't know if they lost hope, but they won't forget about it so quickly. So, I was thinking the faster we do it, the better."

"I've made my own plan as well," he confessed.

Trevor smiled at William's readiness. "You did?"

William nodded and went on to explain, "As you said, the police have to get involved. We can't avoid that if we want you to come back to your previous life. I mean, in a way, because I'll be a part of it now—"

"I don't know, will you?"

"I will. And you have nothing to say about it. I don't have anything better to do anyway," he said with a shrug, and Trevor opened his mouth in shock. "Well, I think the best option is to drop you in a hospital close by." Trevor knew William saw him frown at it but didn't comment on it. "We need to make a partly fake scenario, where your kidnappers are ordinary humans and no one tried to change you into a vampire. We can't risk it. Aside from omitting these details, you should be able to tell the full truth. Maybe tell how Ashe and Houston look like. Someone must have spotted them around. We didn't have money. So, the plan is: we're dropping you at a hospital or close to it, you act like you've just run a marathon, they see the shot wound, they're acting out. We should be far enough by that point, or we'd wait this one out. Their eyes shouldn't be on us. Then you stay in the hospital. Without any of us. I know, I'm sorry. Probably your parents are coming over. They're close, aren't they?"

"The north of England, yes, indeed. I mean, I don't even know where we are exactly. But I could be found in Alaska, and they would still come."

"Right. So you spend some time with them. Police officers ask you questions. You can act like a traumatised person, whom you obviously are. Don't look at me like this. I know what this journey has caused you, and I'm sorry. I wish I could've spared you that."

"Oh, don't be sorry. I told you already that you'd done what you'd had to to protect my life and all these lives to come after mine."

"All right." He nodded but didn't seem convinced. "Be a good actor. A great one. For you. For me. Can I ask that of you?"

"Of course." Trevor sent him a small smile. "But what then?"

"Then you come back to London. I need you there."

"Why London? They must have kicked me out by now and found someone to replace me." Trevor's shoulder gave a shrug.

"I don't think so, Trevor. I'm hoping your parents paid the bill for you. They're hoping you'll come back."

"Yeah, I guess they are."

"See? So, I need you back at your work."

Trevor frowned at him. He had to ask him again, "Why?"

"Because I'll order a coffee there. I'll be there every day buying mediocre coffee if I have to until you have your shift."

Trevor felt a blush coming. "It sounds like a movie."

"Maybe it is." He arched a teasing eyebrow at him.

"Oh, shut up," he complained. "And the coffee I make is never mediocre."

Without much thought, he then pushed William, throwing him off-balance. The vampire didn't wait long as he caught Trevor by the t-shirt and brought him down with him. They both lay in the sand and laughed. Trevor moved so he had his cheek against William's arm that stroked his hair.

"I love you. I love you so much," Trevor said. "Thank you for everything. I'm so glad you did all that for me."

"You didn't even let me say it back."

"Because I know you do." He moved and shot him a wink.

And just like that, they turned to their backs, arms tucked under their heads, and went silent as they watched the sunset or rather the blackening sky. Trevor couldn't hide the smile, because he knew he was happy. He'd found love in the least expected place, and wouldn't let him go without a fight.

At one point, Trevor sat up to drink out everything that was left in the vodka bottle. These weren't more than a couple sips, but it quickly managed to make him tipsy again. William said nothing at that, only watched, maybe aware he wouldn't change anything. Trevor was an adult and should know his limits best.

However, Trevor didn't lie down again, he stood up, brushed the sand off his pants, and held his hand out instead. He then helped William to his feet and led him to the lake.

"What are you doing?"

"Going swimming," Trevor said, looking briefly back over his shoulder. There was no lying in his tone.

"No, you're not," William said.

"I am. And you're going with me. Now get undressed."

William seemed like he didn't understand. His brows shot up as he stood in shock. Trevor didn't seem like explaining either, as he let go of the blond's hand and fumbled his shirt off. William could see the transition Trevor's body had made. He'd lost a couple pounds because of this mess. William looked at Trevor until he took everything off except for his underwear. Something was telling him the brunet would slide it off any minute, but he didn't in the end. He dipped his toe into the water instead.

"Fuck! It's cold." He grimaced before turning around. "And you're not undressing," Trevor noted with a frown.

"That was a line I wanted to hear under a little different circumstances." William told a joke. At least something was back to normal. "I don't know if it's a good idea."

"Because it's not," he agreed, "but it's my second-last day with you."

"What?"

"We're doing it tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" William frowned.

"Tomorrow." Trevor nodded. "I want you back by the time it's my birthday in April. And besides, my leg is actually starting to ache again." He winced as he placed a hand on top of the wound. "I think I need professional help. No joking now, please."

"All right. It's not that far off. Although I'm not sure if we can make it quite in time. Are you sure you can pull it off? I told you what you have to do."

Trevor nodded, agreeing without a single word. "I'm a firm believer. A much bigger one since all the events from the—you know from when. I will walk out of that hospital and escape from the cops if I have to."

William smiled then. "All right, I'm undressing then. But turn around. I don't see people staring."

"Says you," Trevor noted but turned around in the chilly waters of this lake.

After a while: "I'm ready," he said.

"Does it mean I can turn around? Or that you will join me and I shouldn't look?"

"You will have to look eventually," William told him, and Trevor knew what it meant. He grinned at these words.

"Okay, I'm turning," he warned. "I'm sure you're as pretty as a human can be. Or maybe even prettier."

William stood there in the moonlight. Just wow. His body was pristine. His skin almost glistened by the light of that generous, generous moon. A gorgeous man under the full moon. When the water around him calmed, Trevor could take it all in. He wasn't one of the most muscular men out there, but he was enough. Trevor loved how his muscles were sculptured on his body, how they moved, even if to shy away. He stood stunned and thought he might not be as good-looking as he was. But Trevor knew he was handsome, and so was William. His William. With perfect muscles of a Greek god, a round chest with subtle pecks, lovely, rose-coloured lips, and gorgeous, shiny, blond hair of someone who spent their monthly salary on hair products. He couldn't believe it. All of that his. Only his.

"I wasn't wrong," he said with a big smile. He stretched his arms out. "Now come here, sexy. Before I freeze completely." He beckoned for him.

William's eyebrows shot in uncertainty.

"I don't bite, I guess. I didn't bite anyone, did I? I should've bitten that bitch Miranda, though. But I would have a broken hand then and your plan with the ear-thingy wouldn't work." He looked away at how the water crinkled as William made his way toward him. "How did you come up with this anyway?" He looked back at him.

"I saw your piercings one night." He shrugged. "I thought it might save you if the situation would be critical."

"Was it critical?"

"It was. Miranda knew she wouldn't make it with or without you at that moment. She'd kill you."

"Oh, you always know how to lift a man's spirits."

"That's why you're hanging out with me."

"True." He nodded. "And we're doing much more than 'hanging out.'" He wiggled his eyebrows at him and inched toward him.

William chuckled, waiting for Trevor to come to him. Trevor knew they both needed each other's closeness, their touch and affection. They were so shocked and shook after the finale that they needed that other person to be there for them. He almost forgot how it felt to touch and be touched by William. He could still vaguely recall it, but he needed to feel for real to never, ever be this close to forgetting it again.

Trevor pulled his arm out of the water and gently put it on top of William's chest as he waded toward him. The lake wasn't so close. The water was cold, but thanks to the sun shining for the past few days, even with the snow falling only a few days ago, it was bearable. Barely, but still. He could take it, and he would do it because of what he wanted to do with William. He then traced his hand down along the blond's arm and to his forearm until he took his hand into his and stood close enough to feel William's breath on him.

"I don't know what time it is. But I don't really care." "Your punishment ends soon."

William twinkled. The last time he'd done that, Trevor had been scared, terrified out of his senses. He'd thought he might die. He'd been so close to fainting without William knocking him on the head. But now it felt comforting, calming. It felt like home and like his place in the world. Trevor, as many others, had been searching for love for a long time before he even had known about the vampires or how to make a palatable laté. He hadn't been looking actively, since he, exactly like many others, had stopped believing in true love. But now he'd found it, so he didn't have to search anymore. Maybe there wasn't just one person who would be in your life forever, but there were people whose presence in it left a mark on you for the rest of your life. William was one of those mark-worthy people, and Trevor wanted to spend his life with him.

That was why, despite all the problems they'd had to face along the way, he leaned forward and kissed William on the lips. He took his face in his hands and kissed him. He didn't care for how long. They had time. Maybe not as much as they would like, but they had enough if they used it carefully.

"Happy birthday, William," he said between kisses. "I love you. Oh. Haven't I told you that already?"

He arched an eyebrow. "Are you sure it's not the alcohol?"

"Of course it's the alcohol." Trevor shot him a funny look. "How else would I have the courage to say that? And how else could I keep standing in this lake, freezing my ass off?"

"All right. Thanks for the best wishes."

"It's gonna be much more than just best wishes."

Trevor inched William again. He then let his legs loose and wrapped them around William, making himself hang on the blond like a big, hairless monkey. William's hands were immediately there to support him so he wouldn't slip and wet his hair and face. No one would want that. You can take a swim in a lake, but not wet your hair in it.

And so they kissed. Passionately, lovingly, as if they hadn't seen each other for a long time. A very long time. And perhaps they hadn't. Now they had to make up for the delay. They couldn't know how long they would be separated for. It wasn't a simple matter of answering a question or talking about a place they would later meet. No one could know how the police would react and what they would do. So it was better that they kissed for a while in advance.

But William stopped kissing to catch a breath. "Do you remember the plan?"

"Yes, I do." He put his chin in the nooch of his collarbone and looked at the forest ahead. Now somehow sadder and lonelier than it had once been. "I think I'm afraid."

William put Trevor down and inched away from him to see his face. "You think?"

"I don't know." He looked away. "I've been scared for so long that I don't really know if it's just me or something is actually happening. But I think I'm scared."

"Oh, Trevie." He cupped his face to force him to look at him and traced his wet thumbs along his cheeks. "Oh! Am I even allowed to say that?" He nodded lightly, and you could see William was relieved. It was all back to normal. Well, almost. "It's gonna be fine." He tilted his head and smiled genuinely. A sweet, little smile of someone who cared about you. You could see that in their eyes. Just look into their eyes, and you'll know.

"I know it will. It has to."

"Come here." William hugged Trevor with the passion of someone who hadn't seen that other person for a long time, months or years.

And they stayed like that, in each other's arms for a long time. Tomorrow was a big day, marking a totally new chapter in both of their lives. They both were as excited as they were scared, terrified of what was to come. They couldn't know for sure. It all was one big unknown, but maybe it had always been their whole relationship too. Maybe they liked the unknown, the strange, the undiscovered. Maybe that was why they'd fallen in love in the first place. The relationship had had its ups and downs, like any, but now they were about to experience a completely fresh start—well, maybe not completely, but close. Trevor would still come back to a life he'd recognised, but also the one that felt strange and almost alien, because now he would have someone he loved at his side. It was new, unexpected. And Trevor was ready for it.

It'll all fall into place eventually. It has to.

So that's it. The main story is finally finished after more than a year. There'll be one more chapter to wrap the story up and give it some closure. But that'll be mostly it from me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 80.8K 69
Deeply hurt by a lover's betrayal, Noah Hunter leaves a shattered life behind and moves to Spring Lakes to join his brother's pack. All he wants is a...
525K 33.5K 32
Adam is a Neet. He never leaves his apartment unless he absolutely has to. He holes himself up, only giving attention to his comics and cartoons. How...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

2.9M 115K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
360K 16K 32
Wren Arroyo's wolf was broken. Born without a complete sense of smell, Wren knew he would never have that magical moment when true mates smell each o...