His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 20

1.7K 60 0
By luna8406

I'm at 25 votes right now, can we please hit 30 within the next three chapters?
Also, her outfit is above and the picture of Phoebe is her makeup and hair.

Hope:

After our day of shopping, me getting food, and us getting manicures, we girls had what we call 'Tea Time' —where we discuss any kind of drama— while we got ready. There isn't much since our friend group only consists of the other Guard members.

"I know you both deny it, but when will you realize that you like Alec?" Heidi asked with her Italian accent.

"We're friends Heidi, we've both admitted that several times."

"There's something there Hope," Jane responds.

"Jane, what about that guy you had to flirt with a few months back on a mission to get information?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I was doing my job!"

"That was more than just doing your job. You ended up with his number and you've both been texting. I'm not blind, I see his name pop up on your phone screen when we hang out."
Her cheeks glowed pink, and me and Heidi both smirked. She hasn't even applied blush to her face yet, she was still working on foundation.

"Do your makeup and hush," she says with a teasing tone and an eye roll. I laughed, and continued doing my eyeliner. My makeup is always subtle, normally only neutral eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner, but I added a full face, did my brows, and put on red lipstick. Our outfits were the funnest part. I haven't felt this sexy and beautiful in a long time, nor have I dressed up since I was in Paris.

I wore a sparkly black two piece spaghetti strap mini dress with two straps that crisscrossed over my ribs, and the skirt came up over my belly button. It also had a deep v-neck that showed cleavage. It was basically a bra and a skirt put together by two straps to make it a dress. I had bought lace-up peep-toe stiletto booties to go with it. My entire outfit was black, even my nails, because black is superior in my eyes. The only thing that wasn't black, were the rings that belonged to my sister. I don't always wear them, but tonight I wanted to.
Jane chose a less revealing dress. It's a metallic gold long sleeve mini dress that has a high v-neck and the dress shoes nothing but leg. It looks cute on her though. Instead of stilettos she picked comfy-looking block heel sandals.
Heidi had a dark red wine colored spaghetti strap pencil dress which had a low scoop neck. The sides of the dress were cutout to reveal from under the chest to the end of the dress and was held together by thin layers of dark red string. She added sparkly black stiletto point-toe mesh fishnet thigh-high boots.

We left the hotel in the new suv that I named Vanilla because it's a white-beige color. It didn't take Alec long to get us to one of the best clubs in Baltimore. It also happened to be one for vampires, which was good.
I went straight to the bar and ordered a mojito— which is basically a minty cocktail— a Cuban drink that I discovered while in Cuba. It's made of white rum, lime, sugar, mint, and soda water. The drink is a clear liquid with mint leaves in it.

Something felt off as I sat there by myself drinking alcohol. Perhaps it was the old looking vampire that sat across the bar staring at me with a look of desire, but it wasn't. I couldn't tell what it was but I tried my best to ignore the feeling, and go find Alec. Last I remembered he was standing with the other Guard members when I left them to get a drink.
I found him at the other side of the club at the bar where you get blood shots.

"Hey," I said as I walked up to him.

"Hi, you alright? You look a little drained."

"Aw you care," I tease him. "Yes I'm fine."

"Of course I care. I could've let you stay in that crushed vehicle, you know."

"That's a low blow," we both laugh.

"Sorry if I offended you."
His company has always made me feel at ease, so I wondered what my gut was trying to tell me because this feeling wasn't going away. I didn't know just how crazy my night was going to get until someone had bumped into me.

"What the hell? Watch where you're-" I stopped in the middle of my rage when my eyes met gold ones. Awfully familiar gold eyes. We both stared at each other, in complete shock to find the other standing there.

"Edward," I managed to speak breathlessly.

"Hope, please tell me you're really here." Hearing the pleading and desperation in his voice broke my heart.

"I'm here," I laughed with tears in my eyes. His arms wrapped around me and I swear I could feel all the years of ache in my heart disappear. All of the sadness, longing, pain, it was all gone. All that filled me now was relief and happiness.

"Come on. Alice, Jasper, Rose, Bella, and Emmett are here." He took my hand, and Alec and I both followed. I grew anxious with excitement, so ready to finally see them.
"Jasper!"
They all turned to face Edward and with such happiness I ran out from behind Edward and lunged into Jasper's arms. For a moment he couldn't hug me back as he stared into the distance with wide eyes, but soon enough his arms tightened around me. If he hugged me any tighter he would crush my bones, but I didn't care. I got a turn to hug everyone else and we all got a large booth to pile into. The rest of the Guard soon found us and joined.

"Hope, you know we're going to have to leave," Alec said sadly.

"No, I've already lost her once. Neither of us can go through that again."

"Edward, I made a deal with Aro. I can't stay, he would come after Renesmee."

"Jane there must be a way to reason with Aro. I may not have seen Hope's state, but my brother was a wreck. He hardly hunted, and would only come out of his room during the day to be with his daughter. I can't let Edward suffer any longer, there's got to be something we can do," Alice pleaded.
It saddened me. I finally reunited with what once was my family, before the Guard, and I was going to have to part from them again. It was hard to walk away the first time, but to do it all over again? That was another level of pain and heartbreak.

"Aro won't be happy," Demetri said.

"You're his most powerful weapon, that and he's fascinated by you," Felix added.

"You've become like a sister to me, I don't know what I'd do without you." Heidi chuckled sadly. I'm pretty sure if all of them could cry, they would.

"Let's get back to Volterra, all of us. We'll talk to Aro, see what we can do," Jane sighed. I knew the Guard didn't want this, because that meant we'd be going separate ways, but no way would I allow us to fall out if Aro allowed me to leave. They're my best friends, not just my partners, but my friends.
I didn't think Jane would agree with any of them coming back to Italy with us, but she practically rushed us there. We didn't even get to change out of our party clothes. However, on the way Edward replaced the mojito he made me spill all over the counter when he bumped into me. We settled back in Italy and made our way home.

We arrived, and my anxiety grew as we entered and got closer and closer to the throne room. Alec grabbed my hand and held it in his. Sometimes I think he and I are more like twins than him and Jane. We know each other inside and out, and even with neutral expressions we can read each other's emotions. We just naturally became close, and if Aro lets me leave, I'll truly miss having Alec to talk to.
We all walked into the throne room, and I held my breath as Aro locked eyes with us, and then with the company we brought.

"What a surprise, children. Edward, Bella, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett. Seems the entire clan is here but Carlisle, Esme, and the child. May I ask, what do I owe the pleasure?"

"We ran into them in Baltimore, following the lead on those vampires and wolves. They're dead, the job is done. We celebrated, and well, here we are," Demetri said.

"We want Hope to come home, to return to the States with us. Please Aro, I beg you." Edward stood straight and held his head high, but I could hear the desperation he felt.

"I thought we agreed."

"We did, but things have changed. It's been ten years Aro, and you know as well as anyone here that she's special. Her happiness should come first."

"Is that so, Hope?"

"Aro, I am happy here," I release my hand from Alec's and walk towards him. "But Edward is my mate, and as much as I'd like to stay, it does hurt to be apart from him."

"Very well then. Hope, please stay in touch and come visit."
Aro held his arms open and I hugged him. He's like a father to me. Everyone sees him as a heartless monster but deep down he's caring, and does what's necessary to protect those close to him. He just uses fear to install his authority.

"I will," I replied. I backed away, and my eyes moved to the door that led to our rooms. I frowned, "I'll be right back."
I left, and went up the stairs to Isabelle's room.

"Isa?" I knocked.

"Hope!" The door opened and there stood the little angel. She wrapped her little arms around me and I picked her up to set her on my hip. Even though she's ten years old, she loves to be picked up to feel as tall as everyone else.

"So listen Isa, I have to tell you something. You remember how Papa Marcus would tell you about mates, and teach you about them?" She nodded. "Well, ten years ago, before I joined the Volturi, I found mine. And I stood against the Volturi with him, but ultimately had to make the sacrifice of my love for him to protect another life."

"That's sad."

"It is, but I found him again." She smiled, but then it faded.

"So you're leaving?"

"I'm leaving."

"For good?"

"Never Isa," a voice said from the doorway. I turned and smiled at Alec, who smiled at both I and Isabelle. "Hope could never leave us for good. She'll still have a room here, and she'll still visit, we just won't see her everyday."

"Hey, I promised I'd come back from this mission, and I did. Didn't I?" She nodded. "Then I promise to come visit."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, little one." I hugged her tight and then set her down. She and Alec walked back with me to the throne room.

"Is that a human child?" Rose asked.

"It's a long story, but, we've raised her. We're the only parents she's ever known," I answered. Edward smiled.

"Wait until you see Renesmee," Bella chuckled. Even though bidding my friends goodbye was definitely going to be one of the hardest goodbyes of my life, I was so excited to be back with the Cullens. To see Jacob, surprisingly, to see Ness, and Esme and Carlisle. I doubt anyone's filled them in yet since it's been a chaotic night filled with emotions.
I gathered my things, and in disbelief I was on a plane back to the United States.

Yay!! She's going home.
It's nighttime and I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed now. I will write more on Sunday, maybe. We're celebrating my brothers birthday Sunday but I might be able to get at least one chapter in, if not I still have Monday. Goodnight loves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 3.2K 42
What if Bella had a little sister but she acted more of a mom to her then Renee, well meet Carlie Swan little sister of Bella Swan, but Renee is more...
671K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
670K 19.1K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
194K 4.9K 65
"Her voice echoed through the forest shrilly, causing the vampires around her to cover their ears and wince in pain. The tree in front of her snapped...