The Blood Empress

By Lucius_Mair

She wears an innocent smile to conceal her murderous thoughts. She looks harmless with her angelic face but b... More

The Blood Empress
Prologue
Bloody 1: Miss Rat
Bloody 2: Ruby Locket
Bloody 3: Enter the Palace
Bloody 4: Her Disguise
Bloody 5: Bloodlust
Bloody 6: Unexpected Guests
Bloody 7: First Encounter (1)
Bloody 8: First Encounter (2)
Bloody 9: Splattered Blood
Bloody 10: Remy Astrid
Bloody 11: The Footage
Bloody 12: Royal Police Station
Bloody 13: The Duo
Bloody 14: Dallas Academy
Bloody 15: Boring Days are Over
Bloody 16: Headmaster's Test
Bloody 17: R-class Gangsters
Bloody 18: Genesis
Bloody 19: Opening Ceremony
Bloody 20: Stage 1: Wheel of Fortune
Bloody 21: Stage 2: Expulsion?
Bloody 22: Stage 3: Eye of Deception
Bloody 23: Rewind
Bloody 24: Sly Young Lady
Bloody 25: R-class Section
Bloody 26: Call Me Master
Bloody 27: Try Me.
Bloody 28: Detention
Bloody 29: Scarlet Red Eyes
Bloody 30: Masquerade Banquet
Bloody 31 : The Last Heiress
Bloody 33: Werewolf Team
Bloody 34: Monstrous Training
Bloody 35: The Elite Team's Rage
Bloody 36: Meeting a Gaia Elder
Bloody 37: Hot and Bothered
Bloody 38: Under the Starry Night
Bloody 39: The Fire Within Her
Bloody 40: Saving Us
Bloody 41: She Who Bears the Crown
Bloody 42: The Dragon's Fury
Bloody 43: The Torture Chamber

Bloody 32: Descendant of the Dragon God

1.4K 110 75
By Lucius_Mair

Hey there! First of all, I hope you had a meaningful holy week with your family and loved ones❣

It's Black Saturday and I wanted to end your week with a heartstopping update! Enjoy reading this chapter cause it's surely a roller coaster ride!

Thank you for patiently waiting❣

Your Sleepy Writer,
Lucius_Mair

--------------------

Bloody 32: Descendant of the Dragon God

Roen Astrid.

What a pleasant evening, really. Bumuntong hininga ako at tiniis ang hapdi sa bawat parte ng aking katawan. So much for a solo mission, Roen.

Damn it. I have never envisioned for this situation to happen at all. Napakagat ako sa aking labi nang maramdaman ang isang matulis na sangang dumaplis sa aking braso.

I poured all my strength in running through the wide forest. I have decisively withdrew my wings long ago and decided to use my legs to run instead. I'm well aware that I shouldn't use my trait any longer since it requires an excessive amount of blood. I'm already quite exhausted from venting all my anger to Porter's servants.

"Running away? I just want to ask some questions, Miss Astrid. I don't mean to hurt you."

I am running because you're chasing me! Paulit ulit ko siyang minura sa utak ko habang tumatakbo sa masukal na kagubatan. It was a good thing that Porter's manor is located near a vast expanse of greenery and forest. I decided to run here as my means to escape because I knew I'll be at disadvantage in the air. He's called the dragon's soul for a reason.

Why the hell is this guy chasing me anyway? He should be busy with the minister and not waste his time here. Kung alam ko lang na mas interesado siyang habulin ako ay hindi ko na sana ginamit ang clone upang magsalita.

I tried my best to run across the trees in order to mess with his sight but my bloody red outfit didn't help me at all.  As I repeatedly condemned my own recklessness, my eyes quickly scanned the surroundings.

How can I possibly escape from Ryder's sight?

At this moment, a huge wide tree a few meters away came into vision. This is a perfect chance to try my luck. As I neared to my desired location, my wounded hand gathered every drop of blood oozing from my wounds. Sa maiksing oras ay lumikha ako ng sarili kong clone upang lituhin ang 'dragon' na humahabol sa aking likuran.

When the timing is right, I resolutely released my clone beside me. A sly smirk played within my bloody lips. Now what, dragon? I bet you'll have a hard time hunting me.

I ran together with my clone, changing positions in a zigzag manner. I took advantage of the trees to mess with his vision. Nang makailang beses na kaming nagpalit ng pwesto ay mabilis akong nagtago sa malaking puno na nakita ko kanina. I controlled my clone to go in the opposite direction. Well, I could only hope that does the trick.

Will it work?

I held my breath when I felt Captain's presence right behind the tree where I'm hiding. Agad akong kinabahan. What? Did he purposely stop because he knows I'm here?

"Sneaky lady." I heard him mutter before running away.

Nang maramdaman ko ang paglayo ng kanyang presensya ay agad akong napadausdos sa puno. I breathed heavily as my entire body trembled from ache. Everything is stinging from pain. Mixed blood and sweat covered my body in addition to the dirt and leaves I have somehow collected along my escape.

"That damn short-tempered guy," I muttered under my breath. Pinilit ko ang aking sarili na tumayo. I propped my arm against the tree to support myself. Once I have stabilized my breathing, I immediately moved on the direction back to the manor. Habang tumatakbo ay muli kong naalala ang mga nangyari kanina.

"Lady Astrid of Darah clan, I ask you to come with us."

After my wonderful speech, Captain immediately found me. Noong mga oras na iyon ay hindi ko magawang humarap sakanya. I was afraid that his sharp eyes will immediately see through my disguise. What else could I do? I don't want to expose myself yet. I hastily covered my wrists with thick blood to hide Captain's cuffs. I also shaped it like wrist blades to avoid suspicion.

"Arghh, I need to go faster before my clone disappears."

After what it seems like hours of running, the manor's lights appeared before me. Sa wakas ay malapit na akong makalabas sa gubat na ito. Despite the awful fatigue and weariness, a smile crept in my face. I can't believe I have succeeded in escaping. This is a noteworthy achieveme---

"There you are. You took a longer time than I expected."

I froze in my place. Unti-unti kong inangat ang aking mukha at napalunok dahil sa pigurang lumabas mula sa isang puno. I then saw Captain's tall figure leaning against the tree. His head was  lowered as he played with a masquerade mask. The black strands of his hair covered his face, making his aura even more intimidating than ever. He looks like an assassin merging with the darkness as he awaits for a prey.

"Oh you're there? I'm sorry but you are mistaken, handsome gentleman. I am merely a clone. My true body is still running in the forest. I'll guide you to her." That was what I wanted to say but I think it wasn't the best choice of words to say right now.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Mr. Elliot?" I spoke with a low and cold voice which I must say is the complete opposite of Sangria Augustus' playfulness I have always displayed.

"Why go through all this trouble just to chase me? We both know we don't have time for this." Dugtong ko pa, dahilan upang umangat ang kanyang tingin sa akin.

"Those deep red eyes, bloodthirsty presence and superior trait that allows you to manipulate blood. You are indeed a Darah, are you?"

"It seems like you doubt my identity?" I arched a brow in interest.

"Killing people with such careless and nonchalant behavior. It's not something that a Darah would do. You are tainting the reputation of an honorable clan." I can hear a trace of disgust and contempt in his voice...which is kind of surprising. Hindi ko inakala na ang isang katulad niya ay papanig sa clan na matagal ng sinira at tinapak-tapakan.

The people of my clan dedicated their lives for the empire but our merits were  greedily stolen by malicious people. My clan's soldiers are valiant warriors who fought for the empire's peace, they have bravely put their lives on the line for what?

Betrayal? Accusations? They only got doubts and mistrust from the people they've always protected. No one has stood up for us, no one...

"Interesting words you spouted there. The honor of Darah clan has long been tarnished by unscrupulous people from Gaia clan. You don't have the right to speak for us." Certain images of my relatives from mother's memories flooded in my mind. I wonder if they're still alive somewhere. Hindi ako naniniwalang ubos na ang aking pamilya. I have faith in my clan's divine strength. They are not the kind of people who will lose to wealth and malice. At least not without a fight.

The citizens of this empire had already viewed my clan as merciless monsters who joined hands with demons. It was already engraved in people's minds and it will be difficult to change things without solid evidence. The Gaia clan hid the truth of the war years ago, manipulating the minds of everyone. They had stole everything from us and tainted our name. Those cunning elders...That thought alone managed to stir my long-held anger and animosity.

"Committing murder out of a whim is not unscrupulous then? Stop making excuses. You are full of hypocrisy." Out of a whim, you say? How insulting.

Mariin kong kinagat ang aking labi upang pigilan ang aking sarili. I have to calm myself or else I might regret things later. Calm down, Roen. Don't let the anger to eat you alive.

"What do you want from me?" My red eyes gleamed with repressed hostility.

"Human-eating monsters had suddenly appeared around the capital. We searched for traces and it led us here." He paused. "Seeing how you're clueless about this matter, you must be here for another reason."

He's trying to interrogate me but my attention was completely focused on the first words he said. "Human-eating monsters? Those brainless men eat humans? But they're so weak..."

"Are you stupid? The majority of citizens do not possess special traits and abilities like we do. You may have the strength to kill those creatures but not everyone is as strong as you. Most people don't have the power to protect themselves. They are completely vulnerable against such monsters."

Natahimik ako sa kanyang sinabi. I was genuinely surprised with Captain's tone. It was not his usual indifferent and emotionless voice. I don't know if it's my illusion but he sounded gentle and sincere. This was the first time I heard him like this.

Napayuko ako habang inaalala ang mga memoryang ipinasa sa akin ng aking ina. A myriad of emotions came flooding within me. Joy and hope turning into anger, desperation and longing....these emotions conflicted, making my heart feel especially heavy.

I bit my lips. "As a direct descendant of the dragons, you are undoubtedly a formidable person. It's nice to know how you care for the citizens but I'm afraid it isn't the same for me. I don't give a damn to anyone, Mr. Elliot."

I smiled bitterly. At the end, my desire for retribution prevailed.

"I despise everything about this place. The royal family, the great clans, the officials, the upperclass elites...I despise the people behind the extinction of my clan and I despise my clan for dedicating their lives to this rotten place.

They fought to protect these ungrateful citizens who did nothing but doubt and slander our names. There's no hope for this empire."

I gritted my teeth to hold back the tears forming in the corner of my eyes. This is my mother's memories, this is what she carried over the years of being caged.

I lifted my face, staring directly at Captain's dark eyes. "Wanna know my goal? I plan to destroy this empire and I will never bow down to anyone who goes in my way, so don't ask for my cooperation and don't even dare to search for me. You hear me? Mind your own business."

I immediately turned back. I don't know how I'll feel if I see his expression. Naglakad na ako palayo habang inis na pinapahid ang luhang tumulo sa aking pisngi. Fuck this. I need to go back.

"How?"

Napahinto ako sa aking pwesto dahil sa kanyang sinabi. "How what?" I retorted coldly, waiting for his words.

"How will you destroy this place? Do you have a specific plan in mind?"

"And why would I tell you?"

He scoffed in disdain. "If all you desire is bloodshed, then I won't let you escape. How can I let a raging beast to wander around and kill people? If you want to escape, you have to defeat me first."

Oh dear no, I absolutely won't step into your trap.

"I don't trust you at all so why would I tell you my plan?"

"And I don't trust you to behave after the ruckus you made today. What will you do next? Will you go around killing people?"

"You heard my mini speech, right? I will eliminate the parasites leeching off this empire. Is it not enough to convince you? Everyone thought that the minister's already dead. Isn't that helpful for you? At least you can kidnap him without attracting suspicions. I just helped your team. What now...will you arrest me?"

"No. The police must not be involved in this matter. But since you created too much trouble, it will surely reach their ears. You didn't help us, what you did was to escalate things and destroy our mission. How do you plan to compensate for the damage you've caused?"

"Captain...That's what they call you right? I believe you have connections in the police force. It's an easy task for you." Matapos magsalita ay nagsimula na akong maglakad palayo. He didn't say anything so I think he's letting me go.

and I'm obviously not right.

In the next second, a strong wind forcefully turned my body around to face his direction.

I gritted my teeth as I met his intimidating gaze. Nagulat ako nang makita ang nagbabagang pakpak sa kanyang likuran. His wings were gold which seem to emanate blazing embers of fire. It was mesmerising yet domineering at the same time.

I found myself gulping from the pressure he's emitting. He was different from his usual self. I can clearly feel the danger this time. "You are nauseatingly stupid."

"An easy task, you say?" A sneer escaped his lips. "You have no idea." Kumunot ang noo ko dahil kanyang mga binigkas. His eyes are looking at me but it felt like his mind was occupied with thoughts I can never decipher.

"You have no idea." He then repeated. He wasn't blinking as if he's conversing with someone. Nanlaki ang aking mga mata nang makita ang pagbabago sa kulay ng kanyang kaliwang mata. Captain's left eye suddenly became gold.
It was truly a spectacular sight but I didn't have the time to admire it.

He suddenly released a strong force, sweeping me off my feet. Tumama ako sa isang puno, dahilan upang mapaubo ako sa lakas ng aking pagtama. I was startled with his sudden aggressiveness.

"Ahh," A groan escaped from his lips. Nakita ko kung paano hinawakan ni Ryu ang kanyang mata. "Don't try me, Draco. Fuck off or else I'll kill you,"

Is he talking with someone I can't see?

My forehead creased due to Captain's strangeness. Did he say Draco? The God of Dragons from legends?

My lips descended into a frown. Whatever is happening to him, I can only feel a bad premonition arising from my chest.

Still, I mustered my strength to call him. "Hey, Captai--"

My words halted when he suddenly gazed at me. I almost forgot how to breathe when I saw the endless darkness swarming from his eyes. It was atrocious and full of murderous intent. "Leave and get out of my sight!" Captain's low and deep voice penetrated my ears.

Danger and death. That's what I perceived from Captain's presence as of this moment. Napalunok ako at halos manigas na sa aking kinalalagyan. Sa pagkakataong ito ay tila nakalimutan ko na ang sakit na bumabalot sa aking katawan dahil sa bigat ng kanyang presensya.

How intimidating.

A devilish grin appeared in the corners of my mouth despite the chills travelling down my spine. I guess I have tasted a part of the dragon's true power? Even a high-ranking elite like him seems to struggle in taking control of his own trait. I never knew he had this side on him.

The bloodthrist he's currently exuding is truly overwhelming and violent...but it's a pity that he's facing someone who's literally born with a Darah's blood. A blood with divine strength no one could ever compare.

With a sinister smile, I activated bloodlust which I have always treated as a 'cursed' trait of mine. In a snap, I can feel my scarlet eyes blazing even brighter. I can feel my blood flowing in my veins. I can feel my heart pumping with anticipation and thirst for blood.

I easily stood up. The weight of Captain's intimidating presence has dissipated along with the restriction in my movements. I then released a killing intent which paired perfectly with his murderous aura.

Naglakad ako patungo kay Captain. Alam kong dapat na sana akong umalis at tumakas ngunit tila hindi ko siya magawang iwanan lalo na sa kalagayan niya ngayon.

His trait is getting out of control and I need to help him wake up. Mahirap ipaliwanag ngunit naiintindihan ko ang nararamdaman niya ngayon. God knows how many trainings I have endured in order to restrain my trait. Up until now, I can barely stop myself from losing control. It was almost impossible to overcome my instincts and desires, after all, the toughest trial is a battle with yourself as your enemy.

"Fuck off, lady...Scram and don't test my patience!" Tuluyan nang nadurog ang maskara na kanyang hawak. His gold eye shone radiantly as if he's commanding me to back off.

Weirdly as it is, I was reminded of the first day we met. Back then, he also told me to fuck off when I entered the bathroom without scrupples. Hindi ko namalayan ang ngiti na sumilay sa aking labi.

"Fuck." Ryu cursed as he held his head. He is already panting heavily whilst he shut his eyes tightly. I never removed my eyes off him as I walk. Captain's clothes were already torn from the force he released earlier, showing off his manly figure. Ramdam ko ang pag-init ng aking pisngi ngunit di ko na ito pinansin. This is nothing but a biological reaction, nothing else more than that!

Nang makalapit na ako sakanya ay agad kong inangat ang aking kamay upang hawakan ang kanyang balikat. "Captain, sober u--"

A gasp escaped my lips when my world has suddenly turned upside down. With an insane speed, Ryu swiftly pushed me down the ground. His right hand was grasping my shoulder while his left arm was pressing against the ground. The tip of our noses would have touched if it weren't for the mask covering my face.

Tila tumigil sa pagtibok ang aking puso. My mind turned completely blank as he stared at me intensely. Dahil sa lapit namin sa isa't isa ay malinaw kong nakita ang kanyang mukha. A pattern of gold scales have appeared in the sides of his face, making him look even more mystical and enchanting.

Napakurap ako ng ilang beses. "C-captain, you're heavy." I stuttered with a weak voice but he didn't respond. In the next second, Captain's face moved down my neck, making my body stiff and tense. What is he doing?!

"How delicious would it be to taste a human lady's flesh," Ryu whispered with a low and husky voice. I can feel his hot breath as his lips pressed against my neck. Gusto ko man siyang itulak ay hindi ko na magawa dahil sa panlalambot ng aking katawan.

"No. Don't hurt her." He then muttered. "Don't you dare touch her, Draco."

What the fuck is happening to him?!

"Sangria," My eyes widened from shock. W-what did he say? D-did I heard him right? D-did he say...

"Sangria Augustus,"

"Get off me!" I shouted as loud as I can. With that, Ryu seemed to sober up a little bit. He lifted his face and directly met my eyes. I witnessed as his eyebrows furrowed. Nakita ko ang halong gulat at lito sa kanyang mga mata na bumalik na sa dati nitong kulay. The gold scales in his face have also dissipated along with the wings behind his back.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Fuck, I told you to leave, why did you come near? Look at what happened..." Surprisingly, I heard a trace of self-blame in Captain's voice. His thin lips were pressed into a thin line as he planted his face back into my neck.

Muli akong naestatwa sa aking pwesto. Gusto kong magsalita ngunit tila may nakabara sa aking lalamunan. What the hell? I feel uselessly weak right now.

Nilakasan ko ang aking loob na magsalita. "Captain, what are you doing? I said get off me."

Fuck. I can't count how many times I cussed today. Why is he doing this? I thought he hates physical contact more than anything? I am surely a stranger but he--

"Let me rest for a while." Mariin akong napapikit nang maramdaman ang kanyang labi sa aking leeg. My face heated up uncontrollably as my heart beat like a drum. What is happening to me?

"Sangria Augustus."

"P-pardon?" I gulped. Once again, a bad premonition rose from my chest. Pakiramdam ko ay binuhusan ako ng malamig na tubig.

Wait, don't tell me...

In the next second, I felt his hand on my shoulder brushing down my arm. Nagtaasan ang aking mga balahibo dahil sa init ng kanyang kamay. Hindi ko na siya nagawang pigilan hanggang sa maabot niya ang aking palapulsuhan. Napakurap ako nang maramdaman ang pagkurba ng kanyang labi sa aking leeg.

"I know it's you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

873K 58.6K 33
Discovering an abandoned town in the middle of a forest, Odeth is transported to a time when the ghost town was alive, but as someone else--Olivia Va...