The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 8

1K 30 4
By Silver-Tigress

Vivian's P. O. V:

I didn't sleep well last night, after everything that happened.

I sigh as I stand next to Mira. She hears my sigh and turns to me. "Viv-chan? Are you alright?" Mira asks in concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Mira-chan." I glance over at Natsu. I'd heard from Lucy last night that he'd broken into the Sabertooth inn, and challenged their guild master after learning that a Yukino was excommunicated just because of her loss from her match with Kagura.

What in the heck was Natsu thinking? He could've gotten himself killed, or even Rogue killed. It wasn't surprising to say that Erza was pissed with Natsu when she found out. Though, I completely understand why he did it; I'd probably have done the same.

Natsu looks at me but I quickly turn my head away. I sense that there's guilt in Natsu's expression, but I keep my attention on today's contest, which hasn't been announced yet. Today, I'm wearing my work attire.

"Welcome to Day 3 of the Grand Magic Games! That puts us at the halfway point," Chapati greets everyone; today he's wearing a blonde wig.

Yajima asks, smiling, "How are we ever going to top the dramatic fights and eye candy of the last two days?"

Chapati tells us, "I, personally will be on my best behaviour around today's guest. From the Magic Council, it's Martial Lahar!"

Yajima says pleasantly, "It's been quite awhile!"

Lahar replies appreciatively, "Thank you for having me here."

"As Chief Martial of the Custody Enforcement Unit, your job is catching the bad guys, isn't it right?" Chapati states.

"Yes," Lahar says, nodding. He adds jokingly, "And, let me remind any would-be cheaters that I'm watching you!" The crowd laughs, and the black haired man cracks a smile.

"Let's kick off this hot day with a game that's sure to be exciting! One that we call Pandemonium!" Chapati announces.

"As usual, we will have just 1 member from each team competing, so please choose wisely!" Chapati reminds us. I look over at Team A to see Erza walking out onto the arena.

"Erza's going?" I say, perking up. I turn to my teammates and say, a bit of excitement entering my voice at the thought of competing against Erza, "I'm going to take this one, since Erza-chan is competing!"

"Well, I think I should! I gotta redeem myself after yesterday," Gajeel says.

Mira asks Cana, "Why are you here anyway, Cana? I thought you were a reserve member?"

Gazing around, Laxus asks, "Yeah. What happened to Mystogan?" I've noticed he was absent this morning, too.

Leaning toward Mira to whisper to her, Cana replies, "The guest announcer is the same guy who arrested him, so he decided to sit this one out today." I smile a bit at that.

Giving a sheepish closed eye smile, Mira replies, "Makes sense to me."

I then leave the balcony and makes her way to the other contestants.

I say to Erza as I run to the gathered contestants, "I'm not gonna hold back against you, Erza-chan!"

"Oh, really, Viv-chan?" She says, smiling.

Millianna from Mermaid Heel joins me on the field. I grin at her as I say, "So it was you hiding under that hood, Millianna!"

"Long time no see, Viv-chan!" She greets.

"It has been a long time."

I then look around at the other contestants to see Orga Nanagear from Sabertooth; he's quite tall and has a muscular built with broad shoulders, and his hair is long, spiky and green. Next was Hibiki from Blue Pegasus.

From Raven Tail is a man named Obra. I curl my lip up when the little black animal seems to snicker at me, and give them both a low, dangerous snarl. I can't wait to kick their asses in this game. The one representing Quatro Puppy is a guy named Novali. And lastly it's Jura Neekis from Lamia Scale.

Chapati announces, "All of the competitors have been chosen! From Sabertooth, Orga. From Lamia Scale, Jura. From Blue Pegasus, Hibiki. From Raven Tail, Obra. From Mermaid Heel, is Millianna. From Quatro Puppy, Novali. Fairy Tail A, Erza. From Fairy Tail B, Vivian! Let's all give them a big round of applause, folks!"

As the crowd cheers, I feel a pair of eyes staring at me intently, and I didn't need to turn to see that it's Rogue. A large dark magic circle appears in the sky before us, and then something starts coming out of it.

I stare with wide eyes as Erza questions, "What is this?"

Millianna replies, "I don't know."

"I'll see what Archive brings up," Hibiki says as he activates his magic.

What looks like a huge black castle appears before us, a large ramp thumping on the sandy floor. Mato explains, "Before you stands a castle filled with vicious monsters! That's Pandemonium!"

I grin up at the castle, feeling excited about this game. A den of monsters, huh? "That sounds like a lot of fun right now!" I say.

"You must be crazy if you think that," Orga comments with a glare.

I just look at him with a slightly crazed grin on my face as I retort, "Call me crazy if you want, but I like where this game is going already."

Erza sighs in exasperation as she says to me, "Of course you do, Viv-chan." I just grin at her in response.

Jura questions as he glances at Mato, "I take it we're to do battle with these monsters?"

Mato responds, "Yes! You are correct, Sir! 100 terrifying beasts are lurking within the castle walls! But don't panic! There's no danger of them escaping and attacking the crowd! They're magical projections we created solely for this game. They are classified by their degree of difficulty. We have 5 classes! D, C, B, A, and S. The distribution breakdown is shown here. To give you an example, let me show you how strong a D-class monster is! They're the weakest, remember? Hehehehe!"

A screen appears before us, showing a rather large monster with spikes protruding from its body, and along its tail. It lets out a roar that makes the crowd gasp and cry out. The beast crashes through a pillar and lets out another roar. More monsters appear around it.

Mato explains, "The Pandemonium Castle is filled to the brim with these vile creatures, and many more that are far stronger! 100 monsters await you!"

"Monsters of a higher class are two times stronger than the ones beneath them! So if you think that D-class guy looked nasty, you'll lose your mind when the S-class rears its ugly head," Mato tells us. "I'm not even sure that a Wizard Saint could beat one of those!"

I exchange a glance with Jura. We look back at Mato as he tells us, "You will all take turns in choosing the number of monsters that you wish to fight in each round. We call this, The Competitors' Right To Challenge!"

Erza asks, "So, we make the choice?"

"That is correct!" Mato confirms. "So, for instance, if you say you wanna fight 3 monsters, then, low and behold, there will be 3 waiting inside for you! You will go in alone, of course. If you successfully vanquish those 3 creatures, you will then be awarded 3 points! The next competitor in the rotation will choose a number out of the 97 that still remains a challenge. And then the process repeats! The game will end when either all the monsters have been cleared, or at the point that everyone runs out of magic power. Whichever comes first."

Millianna muses, peering at Mato, "So, there's some math involved, huh?"

"Yes—to a degree. After the first round, choosing your numbers wisely will become a bit more important," Mato states. "But, you'd do well to remember that not all of these monsters are created equal! Whether you choose to test your skills against 5 monsters or only 1, they will be chosen completely at random."

Hibiki says as he fiddled with a strand of honey brown hair, "So, that means we'll have to strategise, and use our heads to try to avoid going against the S-class guys in there."

Orga grumbles in annoyance, "He just told us that they're going to be chosen at random. So how the hell can you use any kind of strategy?"

Hibiki retorts, smiling at him, "You can't. But I sure can. I know all about probability. And my Archive Magic will come in handy."

"Although the higher ranked creatures are more difficult, points are determined solely by the number of monsters you can defeat. Once you enter the castle, you will not be allowed to leave until you've successfully completed your challenge," Mato says.

I ask, "So, what happens when you don't beat all of them and get knocked out inside?"

"You'll keep all the points you've accumulated in the previous rounds, but you'll also be out of the game. No points will be awarded if you beat less than the number you challenged that round," Mato answers.

A box containing straws appears in Mato's gloved hands, as he tells us, "Now, to decide the order you'll go in, I'd like everyone to please draw a straw."

They each pick a straw out of the box. Erza got 1, meaning she's first. While I got number 8.

Erza muses, gazing at the castle, "Interesting. I had assumed victory in this event relied entirely on the luck of the draw."

Mato states as he turns to the redhead, "It's far more than that. You have to consider pacing, your opponent's strength, the likely hood of getting a really nasty monster... the list goes on and on. It is quite a complex game if you think about it."

"No," Erza says, smirking. "In fact, this is no longer even a game." She starts walking toward the castle, confidence in her steps. She stops at the ramp leading up to the castle, and declares, "Inside this castle wait 100 monsters. I choose to challenge... all of them!"

Everyone gasps and cries out, but Natsu, Gray and I cackle as we already knew she would do that—heck, if I were in Erza's place, I would too!

"SAY WHAT?!" Mato cries, sweat dropping profusely.

Erza enters the Pandemonium Castle and all 100 monsters appear before her. She easily defeats them all by requipping into different armour. By the time she was facing the S-class monster, Erza was covered in wounds and is a bit wobbly on her feet. The S-class monster changes into a humongous form, that crushes her under its foot, but Erza quickly counterattacks by slashing it with both of her swords after battling the S-class monster fiercely.

Erza then emerged victorious, her sword raised high in the air. By the end, I was bawling my eyes out from the pure amazement of Erza's battle.
The Pandemonium Castle also vanished, and Erza was brought back into the arena.

Team A and I run over to congratulate Erza, with me hugging her as I cry out of joy.

After the cheering dies down, Mato steps toward us as he says, "Okay. After some deliberation, we decided that the seven remaining teams still need to be ranked. So, we're having another contest." A lacrima on a stand lowers down beside Mato. "This game might be a little on the boring side compared to Pandemonium, but I think it'll suffice."

Novali asks, "What is that thing?"

Mato responds, as though it should've been obvious, "The Magic Power Finder, or MPF for short. Pretty snazzy, eh?"

I say, "In other words, it measures a wizards' magic power?"

"Righto! If you cast a spell on this device, it'll display your magic power in numerical form. We'll use this number to decide the rankings for the remaining teams. Quick and easy."

After the cheering dies down, Mato steps toward us as he says, "Okay. After some deliberation, we decided that the seven remaining teams still need to be ranked. So, we're having another contest." A lacrima on a stand lowers down beside Mato. "This game might be a little on the boring side compared to Pandemonium, but I think it'll suffice."

Novali asks, "What is that thing?"

Mato responds, as though it should've been obvious, "The Magic Power Finder, or MPF for short. Pretty snazzy, eh?"

I say, "In other words, it measures a wizards' magic power."

"Righto! If you cast a spell on this device, it'll display your magic power in numerical form. We'll use this number to decide the rankings for the remaining teams. Quick and easy."

Hibiki asks thoughtfully, "Is this strictly a contest of strength? I wonder if there's some way I could work around it." Hibiki asks as he puts an arm over her shoulders, "But the real question is, are you free later tonight?"

I give the honey brown haired man an innocently sweet closed eye smile as I reply, "Sorry, Hibiki-kun, but I'm going to have to decline."

"W-Why?" He stutters.

"Because there's someone else I'm interested in."

Hibiki slumps in despair at that.

Mato tells us, "Let's begin, shall we?! Since you all drew straws earlier, we'll continue in that order."

Millianna went first and used her Kitten Blast spell, which earned her 365 points. When everyone became confused as to what that mean, Lahar explained that it's a good score, and that it would land Millianna a position as a squad captain. Novali got 124 points. I roll my eyes when the sounds of girls screaming for Hibiki reaches my ears, and he steps forward.

He really hasn't changed at all, has he?

When Hibiki hit the lacrima with a spell, his score was a mere 95 points, barely in the triple digits. I blink my eyes when Hibiki latches his arms around my waist and cries into my chest.

I sigh as I hug him back and pat his head as I say in an assuring tone, "Awe, it's alright! You did your best! I can cheer you up tonight if you want."

"I don't think I can wait that long," He sobs. "I need comforting now!"

"Uuuhhh, excuse me!" Mato tries to interrupt.

Obra from Raven Tail steps forward and I watch intently as he sends that damned creature to cast a spell.

He's the one who attacked my family!

The creature touches the MPF, and a meager 4 appears above it. I indeed laughed at Obra, though I knew, somehow, that he was holding back.

I narrow my eyes suspiciously at him. What is that guy playing at?

Mato explains that they don't allow any do overs. So far, Millianna is in the lead with 365 points.

Orga from Sabertooth steps forward and stands before the MPF. "120 mm Black Lightning Cannon!" Black lightning shoots out of his hands and hits the MPF, scoring Orga a near 4000 points.

I stare at Orga. That number sure is crazy. I wonder what magic he actually uses...? I've missed out on his match on Day 1, so I don't know. I'm really intrigued by his Black Lightning Magic.

My eyes twitch violently when Orga starts singing horribly. I growl and stalk up to him and yell, "STOP SINGING, OR I'LL CUT YOU TO PIECES! YOUR SINGING GIVES ME A HEADACHE, STATIC BRAIN!"

Orga abruptly stops singing to glare deathly at me, though I see a hint of weariness in his eyes. I just glare right back. After that, it was Wizard Saint Jura's turn.

Jura steps forward and presses his hands together. He closes his eyes and activates his magical aura, which is gold in colour. The ground starts shaking beneath us.

Snapping his eyes open, Jura calls out, "Rumbling MT Fuji!"

A huge beam of light erupts from around the MPF, causing debris to fly and air to blast in our faces. Even I stare at Jura with a stunned look of awe on my face as my long light chestnut brown hair blows back in the wind.

When it dies down, a score of 8, 544 points givers above the MPF.

I hope I can figure out a way to beat that score....

And then comes my turn....

Mato begins, "Alright. Do your best, Pumpkin!"

"It's still alright if I can go all out, right?" I question, standing before the MPF.

"Of course!" Mato chimes.

"Perfect! Requip: The Valkyrie!" My body glows as I don my Valkyrie form. I then unsheathe my rapier and brandish it before I close my eyes with a deep breath, activating my pink magical aura.

It swirls around me as the ground and air shake, making everyone else stunned.

Once it dies down, I chant, "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Flashing Comet!" My rapier glows bright blue before I jump forwards into a sprint for the crystal ball, a trail of light in my wake as sand rises up around me due to my speed.

This is my strongest long range rapier spell. I've used it once before against Eisenwald when I'd teamed up with Erza that time.

As I near it, I pull my arm back. I let out a loud cry of exertion as I thrust my glowing sword forward. The tip of my rapier slams into the crystal ball and unleashes a sonic boom before a large crack appears in the crystal. Then another and another.

I backflip and skid to a stop near the other contestants just as there's a massive explosion and the MPF completely shatters, unleashing a burst of magic power.

Everyone jaw drops as they watch the beam of light settle down.

The MPF has been completely destroyed. The number atop it reads 9999.

I smirk as I flick my rapier down to my side and the light fades.

The crowd goes absolutely wild. I sheathe my rapier before my Valkyrie form fades, and I revert back to my tunic attire.

"She did it!" Cana cheers. I return to our balcony and the others do the same. My victory puts us in 6th place.

As Chapati announces it was Millianna VS Rocker, I glance up at Rogue on the Sabertooth balcony. I turn towards the door.

I meet Rogue in one of the tunnels and give him a smile.

"Hey," I greet, going up to him.

"Hey. You were brilliant."

"Thanks," I say, blushing a little at his compliment.

We lean against the wall together as I ask, "How are you doing? I mean, after everything that happened last night."

"I'm alright. It's just hard," He says.

"I know Sabertooth will change for the better one day," I say, putting my hand on his arm as I face him. "Trust me."

Rogue gazes at my hand on his arm for a moment, before he flicks it up to me.

"Somehow, I know I do," He murmurs.

We continue to gaze at each other until Chapati announces that it was Laxus VS Alexi up for the final match.

I pull back from Rogue as I say, "I'd better go. I'll see you tonight, usual spot?" He smiles and nods his head. I start making my way back to my team's balcony.

I say to the Lightning Dragon Slayer on my way back to the balcony, "Good luck, Laxus-kun! Kick his ass real good!"

Laxus smirks back at me as he says, "Will do!"

I walk onto the balcony and stand beside Mira to watch the match. I narrow my hazel eyes at the wizard named Alexei, as I say, "I'm not sure what it is but there's something about that guy I don't like."

"You mean, Alexei?" Mira asks, glancing at me. I nod.

"Though, I don't know why. Who won the first match?" I ask.

"That cat girl from Mermaid Heel, up against one of the Quatro Puppy guys," Gajeel tells me.

I grin. "Millianna won?! That's great!"

"The two of you seem pretty close," Cana observes, drinking from an alcohol bottle.

"We met during the whole Tower of Heaven shenanigans," I say. "She was pretty strong back then, too."

Gajeel tells me, "Then it was Eve against Rufus from Sabertooth. Obviously, Sabertooth won that round."

"Obviously," I echo in agreement, feeling concerned for Eve.

I then turn my attention to Laxus and Alexei as the two of them face each other down, and the gong goes off to start the battle.

                       🗡🗡🗡

Laxus was able to win his fight with Akexei. It turns out that the entire fight had been just an illusion, and the entire Raven Tail team had been inside it to take down Laxus. I was just as shocked to say the least when I found out that Alexei was actually Ivan Dreyar, Laxus' father.

Anyway, the final match is Wendy vs Shelia. When Shelia entered the arena, she trips over a small rock and falls flat on her face.

Wendy calls as she runs into the field, "Oh, my goodness! You're not injured, are you?!" Wendy's foot catches on a small rock and she trips and falls on her face, like Shelia.

"Awe! This is going to be the cutest little battle in GMG history! You girls have fun and give it your very best out there!" Chapati calls as he waves his bum in Yakima's face.

Lahar says with a deadpan look, "Sit down."

"And stop waving your rump at me," Yajima chastises.

Wendy and Shelia face each other in the arena, both with serious expressions on their faces.

"We're all set for the final match of Day 3!" Chapati calls, and the gong goes off.

Mato calls, "Begin!!"

"These little wizards are just too adorable for words! It's an overdose on their cuteness!" Chapati coos.

Yajima asks curiously, "Is this young lady a newer member of the Fairy Tail guild?"

"Yes. I've only met her briefly, but I'll say this: she's an exceptionally brave wizard," Lahar answers.

After closing her eyes for a brief moment, Wendy asks Shelia, "Ready?!"

The pinkette nods, face set in determination.

Wendy holds out her arms as she chants, "Enchant: Virnier: Enlighten Arms! Sky Dragon: Wing Attack!" Wendy moves her arms and air blasts toward Shelia. She nimbly dodges by spinning around and backflipping. "She's so fast!" Wendy gasps.

Wendy leaps into the air and chants as black wind swirls around her right hand, "O Northern Wind, Become the Breath of the Body and Race Across the Land: Sky God: Orias!"

A tornado of black wind heads straight for Wendy, and she screams as it throws her into the air.

I gasp, "It's black wind!"

Wind blasts from Wendy as she lands back on her feet. "Oh, wow! You can actually dodge it!" Shelia exclaims. "In that case..." She runs forward and shoots more black wind dancing around the bluenette.

As Shelia runs at Wendy, she chants, "Wind O Wind, Rouse the Sky, and Rip the Lands Asunder: Sky God Dance!" Black Wind swirls beneath Wendy as it throws her up into the air with a scream.

"Now, for the fun part!" Shelia exclaims as she follows after Wendy.

Wendy flips around in the air and sweeps her right leg down in a kick, and air blasts toward Shelia as the bluenette cries, "Sky Dragon: Talon!"

It hits her and sends Shelia back to the ground. She wobbles on her feet as Wendy lands in a crouch. "Sky Dragon..."

"Sky God..." Shelia calls, surprising all of us.

"Hold on! What did she say?!" Gajeel exclaims.

"Roar!!" White wind and black wind shoot out of both girl's mouths. They collide with each other in the middle, sending out a powerful shockwave of air.

I squeal when the skirt of my tunic flies up and about me, just like with Lucy. I blush deeply as Gajeel and Laxus stare at me and with blushing faces.

"Look away, perverts!!" I scream at them indignantly.

When the winds finally die down, Wendy states as she looks back at Shelia, one eye squinted close, "I know what you are."

I stare at Shelia in stunned shock. "She uses God Slaying Magic?!" I murmur, unable to believe my eyes.

Clutching her arm, Wendy stands up as she says to the pinkette, "I wasn't expecting this."

"Well, Lyon told me all about you," Says Shelia. "I was really excited when I learned you used magic that's similar to mine. Maybe a little too excited. Sorry. Did I go overboard?"

"No. I'll be fine," Replies Wendy. "It's a fight, after all."

Shelia suggests, "Since we're here, we might as well have some fun with it, right?"

"Yeah. I guess so," Wendy agrees. "I've never figured out how fighting others could be such a source of entertainment for some people. But I'll do my best for Fairy Tail!" Wendy faces Shelia again as she winks at her.

"I like your attitude, Wendy. Then, I'll fight extra hard for love and Lamia Scale!"

Still waving his butt, Chapati coos, "This match just keeps getting better! Not only are they an 11 on the cuteness scale, butt they're also super powerful!"

Yajima scolds Chapati as Lahar deadpans at him, "Put that rump back on your noggin!"

Shelia unleashed a blast of black wind at Wendy and she retaliates by unleashing her own wind attack. The two Sky Magic users throw wind attacks back and forth at each other.

"Just look at them go! It's a full force battle of the breezes! But will Shelly-Welly blow little Wendy away?!" Chapati muses as he waves his bum again. Lahar looks very flustered by this, and I would have laughed, had I not been too focused on the match.

The black haired man questions, "What is he... saying...?"

Yajima sighs, "He's just showing the world what a butts he is."

Black wind swirls around the Sky Dragon Slayer. She skids back a bit and looks at the pinkette. Wendy starts devouring air.

"Oh, wow! You really do eat air," Shelia exclaims excitedly. "This'll be a blast!" Shelia then starts devouring air, too.

"I'm not sure, but it looks like those two are feasting on air! *cough, cough*! Save some for the rest of us, girls! We kind need it," Chapati notes.

"Dragon Slayer Secret Art!" Wendy exclaims and a large, light blue magic circle appears beneath her feet.

"WHOO! WAY TO GO WENDY!! BLOW HER OUTTA THE WATER!!" I cheer enthusiastically, leaning over the railing and almost falling into the arena as I fist pump the air.

"Careful, or you'll fall!" Mira warns me.

"If she falls in, it'll be all her fault and I won't be saving her ass," Gajeel grumbles. I just ignore him as I continue to cheer for the bluenette.

Shelia inquires in confusion, wind swirling around both of them, "What are you doing now? Are you trying to trap me? But you're in here, too!"

"Shattering Light: Sky Drill!" Wendy waves her arms and the wind blasts toward Shelia.

It hits her and she screams as she falls on the ground, looking battered.

"Shelia!" Lyon exclaims worriedly.

I cheer along with Natsu and Lucy. Mato rushes over to Shelia to check to see if she's still moving. But the pinkette remains on the ground.

"It looks like Shelia is down! The winner of match 4 is Fairy Tail—" He begins, but Shelia cuts him off.

"Don't count me out, yet! Look, I'm up, I'm up! This fight is just getting started," Shelia says as she seems to be healing herself with wind as she stands up. "You're really something else! That was so fun!" Shelia gives Wendy a beaming closed eye smile.

Mato says in embarrassment, "Oh, how embarrassing! My apologies! You ladies can be going now." He then scurries to a safe distance away.

I stare at Shelia with wavering eyes, unable to believe what I just saw.

Wendy wobbles on her feet a bit, gasping. Shelia asks in concern, "You're not hurt, are you? I was hoping we could play more."

I watch as Wendy trembles in pain, covered in wounds. Shelia tells her simply, "Hey, listen. I don't hate fighting, but I don't love it, either. It's just going to get worse for you if you keep dragging this out, 'cause it's obvious I'm gonna win."

Wendy winces from the pain, struggling to keep standing.

"You should probably just give up. Okay?" Shelia suggests.

"No! I can't!" Wendy exclaims, determination entering her voice. Shelia, Team A, and I gasp at that. The bluenette has a shadow over her eyes as she says, "The fact that I'm still standing right here in front of you, means that I'm not backing down. I'm willing to give everything I've got for my guild! I don't need your pity! I'm not giving up, so please, come and get me! Beat me until I fall to the ground. Can you do that?!"

Shelia gasps in surprise before she smiles at Wendy. "Well, if that's what you really want."

"It is!" Wendy confirms, getting into a stance.

"Okay! Then, I guess it's time for my big attack." Black wind swirls around the pinkette's hands as she holds her arms outward. "It'll all over once I hit you with this one! God Slayer Secret Art!" Shelia calls as she brings her hands together above her head and twirls around in place.

"Don't do it, Shelia!" Lyon exclaims.

"Have you gone mad?" Jura demands.

"You dimwit! Are you trying to kill the poor girl?!" Ooba yells.

Black feathers start coming out of Shelia's wrists as she responds, "She came at me full force. So, I gotta do the same! 'Cause that's love!!"

The feathers gather before hand her in a semi circle. I murmur, "Just what crazy magic is Shelia using...?"

"Gathering Clouds of Heaven!" Shelia calls as she brings her hands forward and sends out a swirling vortex of black feathers at Wendy.

Wendy throws her arms above her head to protect herself from the attack, and ducks, just as the feathers narrowly miss her. Shelia gasps and Wendy smirks as the attack fades.

Mira explains from beside me, "Shelia's magic can perform self-restoration but it's limited. It heals physical damage, yet it does nothing to recover lost stamina."

"Hm," I utter in understanding. Wendy had helped her opponent and that what caused her to miss.

Shelia compliments as she straightens, "What a great tatic! Way to go!"

Wendy leaps into the air as she calls, Wind gathering around her right arm, "Sky Dragon: Crushing Fang!" The wind scrapes Shelia's right forearm she raised to block the attack, but her wound instantly healed.

"Whoa, Wendy! You're awesome!" The pinkette exclaims.

Both girls leap in the air and spin around, throwing a leg out, their feet connect in a kick that causes a big shockwave of air to explode outward. They land and face each other when the wind dies down.

"What an amazing turn of events, ladies and gentlemen! They're tough! Neither one is giving up," Chapati states enthusiastically.

Wendy and Shelia then proceed to punch each other with wind-covered fists.

"It's a small fisted smack-down! Are they really doing it just for their guild?!" Chapati exclaims. Wind collides with wind as the two Sky Magic users continue to battle each other fiercely. Wendy had blasted air at Shelia but she'd deflected it with her own magic.

Just then, the bell goes off, signifying the end of the match.

"You know what that sound means! Time's up!" Chapati announces. Both girls breathe heavily as they stand, covered in wounds. "And that's it, folks! Looks like this match ends in a draw! Lamia Scale And Fairy Tail A score 5 points!"

"THAT WAS SO COOL, WENDY-CHAN!! WAY TO GO!!" I cheer.

Giving a thumbs up, Chapati says, "What a match! That's gotta be my favourite one so far!"

"I bet that hurt. I'm sorry," Shelia apologises sincerely as Wendy collapses on her knees out of exhaustion and her wounds.

Wendy replies, "It's okay! You don't need to apologise." They wink and smile at each other.

Shelia says as she goes over to Wendy, and her hands become wrapped in a pale white aura, as she kneels before the bluenette, "That was a lot of fun! Here you go!" She holds her glowing hands in front of Wendy and begins to heal her.

"Feels good," Wendy breathes. "Weird as it sounds, I kind of had fun, too."

Shelia asks hopefully, "Hey. You think you and I could be friends?"

Wendy gasps softly in surprise as she replies, "Yeah! But are you are you want to have a friend like me?"

"Awe, come on! That's no way to answer my question!" Shelia holds her hand out to a surprised Wendy as she asks, "Let's be friends from now on! What do you say?!"

Wendy smiles as she responds, "Yeah! I'd love to!" They giggle as they stand up and shake each other's hands.

Chapati asks, "Is that not the sweetest thing you've ever seen?! The Grand Magic Games could end right now and I'd be a happy camper!"

Yajima reminds him, "Hold on! We've still got a ways to go! It's only the end of Day 3."

Chapati calls, "We'll see you tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen!"

I smile down at the two girls in the arena, until we all exit the stadium for the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 87 39
17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member named Lucy, but that not much else has chang...
210K 4.6K 38
Y/n is a water dragon slayer, trained by the dragon Aquaria. Aquaria, unlike the other dragons, disappeared long before July 7, X777.In fact, she wen...
199K 3.9K 23
╰┈➤┆(𝐘/𝐍) (𝐋/𝐍) is one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. She looks more innocent than mirajane. But behind that sweet smile is a butt kicki...
1M 27.6K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...