Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 32~

4.7K 99 20
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•My life isn't miserable. Yours is though right?•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

"Hey girly. Oof Madd's that looks a little darker." May says as she sits down with a plate in her hands.

"It is. That fucking wet rat." I grumble obviously bitter cause everything hurts. I mean it was expected since the moment he slapped me, but still. "Is that considered an insult?"

"I think it qualifies." I smile, my day turning up already.

"Thank you." I say as Chase sits down at the table with two plates, handing me one.

"You're welcome." He smiles at me. I like that even though he tried to kiss me, things are back to normal.

"You know I may limping around school, but that doesn't mean that I can't go to get my own food."

"But you love it when other people bring you food, admit it."

"Yeah I do." I'm about to take a bite out of my delicious food, but a voice interrupts my movements.

"What cat won that fight?" Vaseline says clearly seeing my cut cheek and lip.

"Your ugly ass hairless one." I snort taking a bite out of my food, satisfied with my answer.

"Jokes on you bitch my cat is not hairless."

"Nope jokes on you because you said nothing about it not being ugly." I reply with ease and she grunts out in frustration obviously having nothing to retort. I continue eating and she speaks again.

"The person that beat you up should have left you in worse conditions." This bitch did not say that. I did not hear her say that. What the fuck has to be going through that girl's mind that she has to say, that she wishes some random person left me worse than how I already am?

"Leave this fucking table right now." I heard May say from in front of me.

"Or else?"

"Vanessa just leave, nobody has the energy to deal with you." I tell her and stand up to throw my plate out. I lost my appetite. I limp to the trash and throw my food out. When I turn around I see Vanessa there, standing too lose to me. I side step her and limp back to the table, the annoying sound of her heels following close behind me. I turn around quickly. "What do you want Vanessa."

"For what I've been asking you to do for the last month and a half."

"Which is?"

"To break up with Max." I roll my eyes tired of this.

"If you broke up with him and regret it then that's your problem. But now you can't go making everybody else's lives a living hell because yours is miserable." She stays silent while I turn around and start limping away from her. At this point I know for a fact that everybody is watching us, because of the quietness that has spread around the dining hall. Fucking gossipers.

"My life isn't miserable. Yours is though right? Dead daddy, mommy died after she gave birth to you, step-mother that doesn't want you in the house. Should I go on?" I stop in my tracks. How the hell does she know that? "Nothing to say now?" I turn around and limp straight towards her, slapping her hard. Gasps are heard around the dining hall.

"Fuck you Vanessa!" I limp out of the dining hall as fast as I could. Once I'm out of the dining hall I slow down, crashing into someone in the process.

"Fuck!" I swear and try standing up, but I can't, I look up to see that the person that I crashed into was Max.

"We've gotta stop meeting like this." He smiles at me, and goes to help me up, but I refuse. "What's wrong?"

"I still haven't forgiven you. And I'm pissed so I suggest you don't touch me." I say trying to stand up and finally succeeding.

"Why are you pissed? And you forgave me last night."

"Your fucking ex-girlfriend. And I was drunk last night so it doesn't count."

"Wait Vanessa? What did she do?"

"Nothing you're going to worry about."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Max every time I have brought her up in the past all you do is defend her. You don't even hear me you just instantly think she didn't do anything wrong."

"We dated for a long time, it's kind of hard to not defend someone you once loved."

"Cool, cool. I'm gonna-" I get cut off by the door of the dining hall opening and Chase comes out. He looks at me and brings me my phone.

"You left your phone and I thought you might want some help, with the stairs I mean." He says handing me my phone. I thank him and turn to Max and see that he's getting mad. Why the hell is he mad?

"I'm gonna go." I state, but Max is still not looking at me. "Max?" I try again, but still doesn't listen to me. "Max!" He finally looks at me and nods.

"Fine, but this conversation is not over." Chase and I are about to leave but I turn around.

"I just have one question. Did you tell her that my parents are dead?" he stay silent looking down, and I nod chuckling humorlessly. "Guess I got my answer." We walk out of the main building going straight to Fredrickson. Chase helps me up the stairs and we walk into the room. I lay down in my bed and close my eyes for a second. Next thing I knew I was asleep.

...

When I wake up I was wrapped up in one of the extra blankets I keep in my closet and there was nobody in the room. I honestly felt rested. When I look outside the window I see the reason why. The sun was already setting. I close my eyes debating whether or not to stand up and actually do something productive. The sound of the door opening makes me groan internally.

"She's still sleeping?" I hear Lucas' voice ask. "She's gonna need to eat again at some point. We should wake her up."

"Don't she never sleeps well, this is the first time since she got here that I have seen her sleep for so long." This time it was Chase the one that spoke. I hear his desk chair move and I also heard the squeaking of his bed. I open my eyes deciding that I'm gonna wake up, and look towards Chase Desk seeing him there studying. Then look at Lucas to see that he's on his phone.

"I was already awake." I say startling the two boys.

"Jesus Christ." Chase says with a hand to his chest. He turns around to see me already sat up and wrapped up in my tortilla blanket. "When did you wake up?"

"A minute before you guys walked in." I say unwrapping myself from the blanket.

"Max came over earlier. He wanted to talk to you."

"Do I have any assignments?" I ask ignoring the Max comment

"You have three assignments. Mr. Waters is still visiting his family. Mr. Green has the flue so does Mr. Richards. And Mrs. Tomlinson didn't want to do anything today." He replays the day in his head. "You really chose the best time to not go to school didn't you?"

"I guess I did." I smile at him turning towards Lucas. "So did anything interesting happen today, besides my very beautiful break down in the dining hall?"

"Not much." He shrugs and starts listing all the things that happened today. "I almost got detention for skipping class, as per usual. Elle punched Vanessa. Chase Almost killed me when he farted in History class. I ate some M&M's and I was reminded of you because well you know your name is Maddison McKenna, M&M. I-" He was about to say something else but I cut him off.

"Wait what?"

"Yeah there were more red ones than yellow, but that okay." He sighs.

"No, before that." I smile at him.

"Oh yeah, Chase looked like he was searching for a way to kill someone without people knowing." He exaggerates his eyes wide.

"Thanks Lucas for sharing that information. She didn't need to know that." Chase says turning around.

"You're welcome sweetie." Lucas winks at Chase sending him a kiss. I chuckle before looking at Lucas again.

"Lucas I meant before that."

"OH. Yeah uhm- Elle punched Vanessa." He says quietly.

"Why?"

"Because, well- Vanessa was talking shit about you to everyone, and she was talking about how your parent are well, you know." He says looking towards the floor.

"Dead." I say and he nods looking up.

"Elle won." He says and I smile. "It was fun to see the teacher give Vanessa detention for talking shit about you. It's true it only lasted about 2 minutes before Max started defending her, but it was still fun." Just as he finished saying this there was knock on the door.

"Maddie please talk to me." Max's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

"Speak of the devil." Lucas says

"And the devil will appear." I whispered, but I know that they both heard me. I stand up and walk towards the door opening it. "Yes?" I smile sarcastically his was and he sighs.

"Look I didn't mean to tell her that your parents are dead. It just came out." Is he fucking kidding me?

"I don't fucking care Max. The point is that you told her and she told the entire school. I know she is your ex and that you two had a strong relationship and loved each other, but that's just something you don't tell other people I trusted you and you- you gossiped about my personal life." He just looks at the ground.

"And you know what, I bet you only came here to defend the shitty person that she is, because that is how it goes every time I try to talk to you about her. She could burn the whole fucking world and you would blame it on a fucking cat trying to make her look like a great fucking person. Get your shit together Max. Talk to me when you do so." I shut the door in his face and limp straight back to bed. Falling face first on my bed I announce. "I'm tired of this full time job that I call life. I need a fucking sabbatical."

"Don't we all." Chase spoke and I chuckled. "Good thing Thanks giving break is two weeks and a half away."

"What are you guys doing for Thanks giving?" I ask being the nosey nelly that I am, while I grab a water bottle from the mini fridge.

"Well, my mom asked told me that she already bought a ticket for me to go to Australia to visit her and her new husband. So I'm guessing there." Lucas answers, while nodding with pursed lips.

"My dad said that I had to be home for Thanks giving, so... yeah that's where I'll be." Chase says. They don't sound excited to go back home.

"Well you guys already know where I'm going for Thanks giving."

...

Not long after my Thanks giving conversation with the boys I took a shower and went to the girl's dormitory hall because I was bored we ended up talking about thanks giving too. Lizzie told me that her parents would be traveling all the time so she's going to stay here and May say that she didn't want to go to Las Vegas to see her parents so she was also staying here. I wish that they could come with me that way they didn't have to be lonely. Wait a minute.

"Ooh she's got her 'I got an idea' face on. What's cooking up there mama?" May say and I smile at her.

"I don't know, but I'll have to make a phone call." I get my phone from my pocket and call mom. It rang twice before my mom answered the phone.

"Hey honey, what's up?" I hear my moms voice speak from the other side of the line.

"Hey momma."

"I'll never get used to you calling me that." I laugh, her laughing along with me.

"I just got a question. Would it be okay if I brought May and Lizzie home with me for Thanks giving?" They both give me a look that screamed 'WHAT!'

"If they're parents allow it then of course the more the merrier." I smile and thanked her repeatedly before saying goodbye and promising that I would call her to let her know.

"Maddie, that's so nice, but we can't accept. That's your time with your family."

"In the month and I half I've been here you two have been my family in this school, besides Cole, Lucas and Chase. You guys are my family away from my family, is that a thing? Anyways you guys know what I mean. I don't want you two to be alone during Thanks giving. So please accept this invitation to spend Thanks giving with me and get your parents on the phone to ask them if you can stay with me." they nod hugging me and getting their phones out. Well that was easy.

A good fifteen minutes later we were calling my mom again. Their parents had said yes and they had the green light come with me.

"Wow that was fast." Mom says as soon as she answers the phone. I laugh at her and speak.

"Their parents said yes."

"Then we better start looking at some plane tickets."

"I actually had a better idea..." after informing mom about my idea she agreed. We quickly said goodbye shutting our phones.

"This is gonna be fun."

"You got that right."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Well, well, well, we got ourselves a new chapter. I don't know how to feel about this one, but I'm just gonna go with it. What do you guys think Maddie's idea is? Comment what you think it is. Also comment if you are a Max and Vanessa hater. I know I am.

Anyways, let's forget about those toxic as hell people and as always remember to comment, vote and share. If you did have a magical day and if you didn't also have a magical day, I have a lot of cheer to spread and I decided to spread it with you guys.

I love all of you so much thank you for reading and for everything you guys do. I will be seeing all of you next Friday hopefully. Also totally unrelated note I may of may not have created a TikTok account for the book. The username is (Book_bitch07) Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 7.8K 34
••• This is a story about a girl. A girl who lied all too well. One who was bored, pretty, and sad. A girl who mastered the art of pretending. Pr...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
8.3K 379 6
Rogue had always been a silent kid. Always stuck to the... well, shadows (haa.. pun). He never thought he would make a friend, nonetheless a lover! B...
40.3K 1.3K 59
Emmie and Ethan are from two different parts of society. He's the hot bad boy that everyone is intimidated by, but yet the guy that every girl gets a...