The Healer Demands Payment!

By xiaomei_4

THIS STORY IS NOT MINE FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES ONLY 我们医修救人要钱 Author: Tang Shan Yue 糖山月 Translation from:... More

Chapter 1 (Part1) - I Demand Monetary Payment
Chapter 1 (Part2) - I Demand Monetary Payment
Chapter 2 - How Much Should I Charge Him?
Chapter 3 - Sign This IOU
Chapter 4 - Rumor
Chapter 5 - His Change
Chapter 6 - Little White Tiger
Chapter 7 - Isn't He....Her Master?!
Chapter 8 - Soul Oath
Chapter 9 - Back to Qingfeng Valley
Chapter 10 - Elder Yan
Chapter 11 - Fentian Palace's Elder
Chapter 12 - Receiving The Payment
Chapter 13 - Beyond The Heaven
Chapter 14 - Pill Appraisal
Chapter 15 - Fair Price
Chapter 16 - Qingfeng Town
Chapter 17 - Refining Medicine
Chapter 18 - Beiming Pill
Chapter 19 - Auction
Chapter 20 - Su Junmo
Chapter 21 - Bidding War
Chapter 22 - Who is That Man?!
Chapter 23 - Injured Again
Chapter 24 - The Cold Pond
Chapter 25 - Qin Xiumo
Chapter 26 - Is He Cheaper than this Guy?!
Chapter 27 - Anyway, I Just Don't Have the Money!
Chapter 28 - Reinforcement
Chapter 29 (Part1) - Strange Injuries
Chapter 29 (Part2) - Strange Injuries
Chapter 30.1 - Immortal Devouring Vine
Chapter 30.2 - Immortal Devouring Vine
Chapter 31 - Red Fox Clan
Chapter 32 - Red Fox Young Master, Sikong Yan
Chapter 33 - Killing Order
Chapter 34 - Cheeky Fox
Chapter 35 (Part1) - Shifting the Blame
Chapter 35 (Part2) - Shifting the Blame
Chapter 36 (Part1) - Accusations
Chapter 36 (Part2) - Accusations
Chapter 37 - The Fox and The White Tiger
Chapter 38 (Part1) - Protecting Her Cub?!
Chapter 38 (Part2) - Protecting Her Cub?!
Chapter 39 (Part1) - Taking Responsibility
Chapter 39 (Part2) - Taking Responsibility
Chapter 40 - Star Array
Chapter 41 - Farewell and Departure
Chapter 42 - Medical Cultivator Conference
Chapter 43 - Drunk
Chapter 44 - Master, Do You No Longer Want Me?
Chapter 45 - Another Case
Chapter 46 - To Huajiang Manor
Chapter 47 - Mysterious Man
Chapter 48 - Ninth-Grade Spirit Stones
Chapter 49 - Blazing Feather
Chapter 50 - Debt
Chapter 51 - Four Poles Great Array
Chapter 52 - The Hunt Began
Chapter 53 - Sikong Xing
Chapter 54 - Killing Formation
Chapter 55 - Counterattack
Chapter 57 - The Seventh Lot
Chapter 58 - Token
Chapter 59 - Back to Fentian City
Chapter 60 - Lantern Festival
Chapter 61 - Pei Mufeng
Chapter 62 - Devil Poison
Chapter 63 - Confrontation
Chapter 64 - Conflict
Chapter 65 - Four Orders and Four Seasons Array
Chapter 66 - Li Che
Chapter 67 - Heaven And Earth Book Hall
Chapter 68 - Spirit Points
Chapter 69 - B-brother Su???
Chapter 70 - She Doesn't Need to be Entangled
Chapter 71 - Xue Clan Head
Chapter 72 - Scheme and Ploy
Random

Chapter 56 - Heaven Auction House

2.9K 151 22
By xiaomei_4

Translation: Aerial Rain Translation (aerialrain.com) by koffeam

It only took a short distance to the city gate, but on the way, no less than four or five small groups of people passed by Meng Qi. They were obviously here for a purpose, having a discussion as they walked.

Meng Qi became more and more worried. Of course, she didn’t think that all these people were aiming for the Blazing Feather. Although it was rare and precious, the feather wouldn’t attract so many people.

(read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!)💕

These people passed by her in a hurry, and it seemed that there were many middle-aged cultivators among them. Regardless of gender, they all had an imposing aura and outstanding posture. At one glance, one could see that they weren’t of ordinary status.

Even if these people came for something else, they could easily bid for the Blazing Feather as an addition. If they really did so, Meng Qi had no hope to compete. She became more and more anxious. She finally found a blazing feather in Three Thousand World. How could she give up?

Meng Qi quickened her pace and walked towards the city gate. She had never visited the Heaven Auction House before. After asking for direction from the staff at the city gate, she hurriedly stepped into one of the teleportation arrays.

She walked in a hurry and didn’t notice how the staff she asked looked at departing back with surprise on his face.

Heaven Auction House was located on the third-highest floating island of Beyond The Heaven. Not far to its left was the second-highest floating island—where Beyond The Heaven Restaurant was located. From Heaven Auction House, one could see the tallest main building for Beyond The Heaven Restaurant. Except for this, there was not much different from the floating island of Profound Auction House.

Meng Qi walked out of the teleportation array, confirmed the direction, and walked forward. Xue Jinwen mentioned that Beyond The Heaven’s auction houses were generally located in the middle of floating islands. There were also many separate courtyards scattered around, where appraisers like Xue Jinwen and Xiang Linmo lived.

On this floating island, the scenery was breathtaking as usual. In the distance, clouds were floating forward elegantly, with blue sky as their backdrop. The birds, flowers, and plantations on this island were all exquisite and elegant.

Meng Qi subconsciously raised her eyes to glance at the highest floating island in the sky. Her fingers quivered slightly. The voice from yesterday seemed to ring again in his mind.

Don’t be afraid.

Relax.

And then, there was that array. And the momentum that seemed to come from someone standing at the pinnacle of the world.

Was it him?

Meng Qi’s eyelids narrowed slightly. She didn’t mention this to the others. At first, she thought it was an illusion. But that person was too powerful! Even with the messy arrays, she laid down, that person completed the array in a calm and easy manner.

Seven Planets Array.

read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!

Meng Qi recalled the name of the array that finally made Sikong Changlie spooked out of his mind. That wasn’t her doing, because she was unable to. It was one of the arrays she heard from her Master, but he never taught her how to use it. Seven Planets Array was said to be a well-known killing array, even more lethal than the main killing formation of the Four Poles Great Array.

Meng Qi’s long eyelashes quivered softly. After she woke up, she tried to call the voice again, but never got a response.

Has he really appeared? However…

She raised her eyes to look at the floating island in the distance. Even now, she was still far from being his disciple. Meng Qi pursed her lips, her eyes became firm. It didn’t matter. She only had to work harder.

Meng Qi clenched her hands in determination. Four Poles Great Array, Seven Planets Array… Chu Tianfeng and Qin Xiumo never heard about these names before. However, these two arrays could incur such fear on demon cultivators like Sikong Changlie and the others.

Did Master really come from the Demon Realm?

Did he really have a connection with the white tiger sovereign?

Meng Qi pondered. She didn’t know much about the demon realm, and most of her knowledge came from the chatterbox white fox when she treated his wounds in her previous life. Su Junmo liked to gossip, but he knew what could be said and what could not. Meng Qi heard a lot of mundane love affairs of various great celestial demons from his mouth, but he never babbled anything particularly important.

Just stop thinking for now!

Meng Qi shook her head and temporarily dispersed the things that she couldn’t figure out for now. If Master truly had a connection with the white tiger sovereign, saving Xiao Qi was even more important. So for now, she should focus on getting the Blazing Feather first.

Having sorted out her mind, Meng Qi hastened her pace. She was completely immersed in her thoughts and hadn’t noticed how the cultivators who came to Heaven floating island couldn’t help but take a look at her whenever they passed by her.

This Heaven Auction House wasn’t accessible to everyone. Most of the people who were eligible to come here were from large sects—usually elders, disciples cultivated to be the heir, sect leader, or other important people. Sometimes, there were wandering cultivators who weren’t affiliated with a specific organization, but these people were particularly outstanding. Put out their names randomly, and most people in Three Thousand Worlds would recognize them.

This kind of outstanding people often looked much younger than their actual age. Even so, Meng Qi still looked too young. Because of that, the people who had been cultivating for many years and rarely got curious would still give her a surprised look when they passed by her.

Beyond The Heaven indeed could change a visitor’s appearance at will, but those who could enter the Heaven Auction House had long ceased the need to mask their appearance here. They no longer minded being recognized by others. This girl looked seventeen or eighteen years old at most. After seeing Meng Qi, the cultivators who walked in a small group would exchange a glance and then left in a hurry.

read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!

At first, Meng Qi didn’t notice anything. But the glances gradually increased, and she finally noticed something was odd.

She raised her head and looked around, and found that everyone was treating her…a bit differently?

Eh?

Meng Qi’s eyes suddenly fell on the face of a black-robed man.

Eh?

Meng Qi’s eyes suddenly fell on the face of a black-robed man. The man was also very young, with a slender and tall figure, and a black belt tying his long robe, making his figure looked more upright. His hair was tied on the top of his head with a silver headdress, and he had broad shoulders and a narrow waist. His facial features were sharp, as being carved from a knife. His whole body emitted the danger from an unsheathed sword: cold, ruthless, but extremely sharp.

read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!

It’s him. Meng Qi’s eyes flickered, and she subconsciously glanced at the man’s arm.

As if sensing Meng Qi’s gaze, the black-robed man turned his head and looked at her. His eyes were cold, just like his whole appearance. His eyes flashed across Meng Qi’s face quickly, then retracted back. From beginning to end, he showed no emotion at all.

Meng Qi tilted her head slightly and also retracted her gaze.

“Young Daoist Meng?” A surprised and familiar voice suddenly rang from behind. Meng Qi turned around, and saw Elder Xun Yan of Fentian Palace, standing with a black-robed middle-aged man.

“It’s really you?!” Xun Yan was surprised upon seeing her face. “I just saw Young Daoist Meng from a distance and thought I was wrong. I didn’t expect it is really you.” While speaking, Xun Yan gave a few glances at Meng Qi up and down. Although he was smiling, the surprise and doubt in his eyes could not be concealed.

“Elder Xun.” Meng Qi saluted him politely.

“Young Daoist Meng.” Xun Yan returned the greeting. He has always been very polite to Meng Qi and Yan Mingfeng. After interacted for some time, Meng Qi also had a good impression of him.

“This is the leader of our sect.” Xun Yan introduced again.

“Palace Master Chu.” Meng Qi saluted the Fentian Palace Master Chu Ji.

Chu Ji nodded back lightly. His expression was indifferent.

“Unexpectedly, after the farewell in Qingfeng Valley, I could meet Young Daoist again so soon.” Xun Yan’s expression has returned to normal. He was originally an elder in charge of external affairs at Fentian Palace and was very proficient in dealing with people. He smiled and said to Meng Qi: “Young Daoist is still young in age, but outstanding in talent. It seems like it’s just yesterday I last see you, but you are making rapid progress.”

Meng Qi was a little baffled. She had a good impression of Xun Yan. This elder was kind and easy-going, and he never put air in front of a junior like herself. However, he was a bit too polite today.

But Meng Qi didn’t know the reason, and could only smile at Xun Yan politely.

“Is young Daoist perhaps also here to participate in today’s auction?” Xun Yan made a gesture of invitation. As the three of them walked forward slowly, he asked: “Have you seen Tianfeng?”

“Yes.” Meng Qi nodded. Just now, they divided the money they earned from the Cultivator Alliance.

“Haha.” Xun Yan laughed happily. “Hearing that young Daoist has arrived at Fentian City, Tianfeng immediately rushed out from his seclusion and ran down the mountain. Afterward, he hasn’t come back to the sect, so I guess he must be with you.”

Hearing Chu Tianfeng’s name, Chu Ji’s expression finally changed. He glanced a bit at Meng Qi, then turned to look at Xun Yan. Xun Yan had the ability to become an elder of a great sect like Fentian Palace. Although his cultivation talent was not very high, he had his own strength. Chu Ji obviously had much trust in Xun Yan. Hearing that his son was with this unknown young woman, he didn’t show any worry.

“These few days, we indeed have been cooperating with Young Palace Master Chu to hunt demon cultivators.” Meng Qi explained briefly.

“I see.” Xun Yan nodded with a smile, “It’s just that compared to you, Tianfeng still needs to learn harder.” He looked at Meng Qi. “Is young Daoist Meng coming alone?”

“Yes.” Meng Qi nodded.

“Being able to enter Heaven Auction House at such a young age, young Daoist must be the only one in Beyond The Heaven.” Xun Yan said with a smile.

Meng Qi’s heart leaped.

“Young Daoist, you may.” As they spoke, they arrived outside the Heaven Auction House. Until now, Xun Yan didn’t ask for Meng Qi’s business coming here. He had always been like this: kind and gentle, and never made people uncomfortable. Except for calling Meng Qi ‘Young Daoist Meng’ when they first exchanged greetings, he thoughtfully maintained a proper distance and never mentioned her name again. Compared to Chu Ji, who was somewhat indifferent, Xun Yan was indeed very suitable to handle Fentian Palace’s external affairs.

“Palace Master Chu and Elder Xun, please go first.” Meng Qi was a junior. She politely stepped away and gestured for them to go in first.

“Then, we will go first.” Xun Yan said with a smile: “If young Daoist visit Fentian City again, please come to our sect as a guest. I will definitely give you the utmost hospitality.” Xun Yan smiled and arched his hand politely, then entered the gate of Heaven Auction House with Chu Ji.

Meng Qi watched them in. She never expected to meet an acquaintance in Beyond The Heaven. But thinking about it, the cultivators she saw just outside the city gate did say that all great power of Three Thousand Worlds would come to attend. Fentian Palace was one of the top ten sects in the Eastern Realm, of course they would come.

Don’t think about it!

Meng Qi took a deep breath and walked into the gate. Similar to the Profound Auction House, after stepped in, it seemed that she had entered a separate dimension.

Meng Qi was now in a private room. Like before, there was a tea table in the middle, with three or four cushions next to it. However, something was different. This time, there were also three large food boxes on the table.

read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!

The food box on the left was divided into twelve small compartments, which contained twelve different candies. Rose pine nut candy, sweet-scented osmanthus candy…all were sweet snacks popular among young female cultivators. The food box in the middle had various exquisite pastries, while the one in the right was full of fresh fruits. Some Meng Qi had never seen before, but all of them looked fresh and cute.

Next to the three food boxes, there were also teapot and teacups. Rather than coming to an auction, it more like she was on an outing with friends to have a picnic in the garden.

Is this part of Heaven Auction House service?

Next to the three food boxes, there were also teapot and teacups. Rather than coming to an auction, it more like she was on an outing with friends to have a picnic in the garden.

Is this part of Heaven Auction House service?

Meng Qi raised her eyebrows, picked a cushion, and sat cross-legged. She casually took a pine nut candy and put it in her mouth. Her eyes drifted outside.

Like the Profound Auction House, the rooms here were also structured on the walls of a valley. People in each room couldn’t see the inner of other rooms. Meng Qi didn’t feel worried. She waited patiently. After a while, a cloud platform rose slowly in the middle of the valley.

read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!

On the cloud platform, the middle-aged cultivator stood with a smile, looking in all directions. “Ladies and gentleman, thank you for taking the time between your busy schedule to participate in today’s auction. On behalf of the owner, I welcome you all.”

Meng Qi continued to bite the candies.

“Our Heaven Auction House usually only provides twelve lots per auction.” The middle-aged man said with a smile: “However, you must have received the news from our owner. For today’s auction, we have an exception and provide the thirteenth lot.”

Meng Qi blinked. She hurriedly took out her nameplate and took a look.

Why didn’t she receive anything?

What is this thirteenth lot?

“You must already have the qualification for our thirteenth lot today. To shorten the time, the auction will start now.” The man said again.

Meng Qi suddenly realized. It seemed that although she was able to enter the Heaven Auction House, she wasn’t qualified to auction the thirteenth lot, so she didn’t receive any news.

No wonder. She had no sect nor backing. Even her Master was unwilling to accept someone with too low cultivation base like herself as a disciple. If people who received the news were people like Fentian Palace Master, she really had no qualification to compete with them.

The auction has begun. Meng Qi adjusted her mood and listened attentively to the introduction of the first lot.

“The first lot is the eight trigrams scenic robe, created hundreds of years ago by the Yun Sect, the world’s best tool refiner. It has the complete trigram of mountain and river scenery on its surface. Unfortunately, one hundred years ago, it fell into the devil cultivators’ hands and was only retrieved by us three years ago. Three elders of the Void Comprehending stage from Yun Sect lent their hands to repair the robe and got rid of the devil aura that tainted it. This is one of the most famous defensive items in the world, and the starting price is five hundred profound-grade spirit stones.”

“Pfft…” Meng Qi almost burst out all the tea she had just sipped in.

Five hundred profound-grade spirit stones?!

Meng Qi was stupefied. She knew the rules of an auction. Generally, the cheapest item was put out as the first lot.

Five hundred profound-grade spirit stones!!

Profound-grade was one grade higher than ninth-grade spirit stone. However, one profound-grade spirit stone’s exchange rate was no longer as simple as one thousand ninth-grade spirit stones.

Profound-grade spirit stone was already a very valuable item by itself. Five hundred of such spirit stones. If an average sect devoted all they had, they could only barely produce that amount.

In other words…

Meng Qi looked at her pitiful few hundred ninth-grade spirit stones in her storage space. She couldn’t even afford one percent of the starting price of the first lot. Was there any hope for the Blazing Feather?

Meng Qi gazed out. The price of the eight trigrams scenic robe had gone up quickly and finally sold for two thousand profound-grade spirit stones. And this was because the people in the auction seemed to have little interest in this lot. After a few bids, the robe was quickly sold.

Meng Qi sat in a daze. She no longer had the mood to eat the refreshments.

Soon, the second and third lot was sold at prices ranging from thousands to tens of thousands of profound-grade spirit stones. Everyone was obviously a little absent-minded. They all simply shouted the bid once or twice randomly, and the deal was concluded.

“The next lot is an extremely rare treasure…” The middle-aged man said with a smile: “…the Blazing Feather. Everyone knows that it is the feather of the celestial demon phoenix clan. The phoenixes are reborn from nirvana every ninety-nine years, and they grew new feathers in the process. As the royal ranked clan among celestial demons, the phoenix clan was not only rare in number, but their feathers are also very precious. We rarely see one in Three Thousand Worlds.”

Meng Qi: “…” She knew, ah.

read this novel at AERIALRAIN.COM for fastest update and extra chapters!!!

She looked around in despair. There must be many people from medical sects coming today. They definitely would compete for the Blazing Feather…

No!

Meng Qi felt that she might be thinking too much. First, she should worry about whether she could afford the starting price.

“The starting price for this Blazing Feather is…” The middle-aged man paused his words.

Although knowing that there was no hope, Meng Qi’s heart still pounded furiously.

“Two hundred ninth-grade spirit stones.” The man finally said with a smile.

Two hundred…eh?!

Meng Qi’s eyes widened.

Ninth-grade spirit stone?! Is it true?!

Just now, all the starting prices were profound-grade. How could the Blazing Feather turned out to be just ninth-grade?!

Meng Qi took a deep breath and looked around. Although she knew she couldn’t see other people, hope rekindled in her heart.

After the man’s voice fell, no bid was heard. If the starting price was two hundred ninth-grade spirit stones, then the minimum price increase should be twenty ninth-grade spirit stones. Meng Qi gritted her teeth and gave her bid cautiously: “Two hundred and twenty ninth-grade spirit stones.” Anyway, she should at least try.

Meng Qi quickly counted the number of spirit stones in her hands. She now only had four hundred ninth-grade spirit stones. If no one directly raised the price astronomically, she could still bid a few more times.

Maybe she still has some hope? After all, not everyone needs the Blazing Feather.

“A fellow Daoist came out with 220 ninth-grade spirit stones.” The middle-aged man looked around with a smile, “Is there any higher price?”

Meng Qi’s heart almost jumped out of her throat. As if waiting for a verdict, she sat uneasily.

The entire auction site suddenly fell into total silence. For the first three lots, there were people who make some bids arbitrarily. However, everyone seemed to have a consensus, and no one was willing to waste time bidding on an item priced at merely two hundred ninth-grade spirit stones.

After Meng Qi made a bid, no one raised the price.

When the time finally up, the middle-aged man announced with a smile: “Congratulations to this fellow Daoist, who successfully win the bid for the Blazing Feather at the price of 220 ninth-grade spirit stones. Please mark your spiritual sense on the item.”

Meng Qi: “???”

She sat in the room blankly. Her heart was still not calming down. Meng Qi couldn’t even believe her ears.

So, does it mean that she…got the Blazing Feather?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 88.4K 138
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.
184K 2.8K 29
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...
3.3M 210K 92
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
645K 54K 32
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...