nebula :: [malik]

By charismatize

"Zayn, the stars don't come out in a city that never sleeps." In which two people must help each other pass... More

nebula
[ p. :: nebula ]
[ i :: dark ]
[ ii :: alphabet ]
[ iii :: unlucky ]
[ iv :: portrait ]
[ v :: likes ]
[ vi :: lab ]
[ vii :: coffee ]
[ viii :: gazing ]
[ ix :: napkin ]
[ x :: party ]
[ xi :: drinking ]
[ xii :: sidekick ]
[ xiii :: constellations ]
[ xiv :: dating ]
[ xv :: bowling ]
[ xvi :: sunday ]
[ xvii :: sucking ]
[ xviii :: drinks ]
[ xix :: snapchat ]
[ xxi :: single ]
[ xxii :: photography ]
[ xxiii :: friendship ]
[ xxiv :: bad boys ]
[ xxv :: matchmaker ]
[ xxvi :: weather ]
[ xxvii :: extra credit ]
[ xxviii :: games ]
[ xxix :: honesty ]
[ xxx :: ¡failure! ]
[ xxxi :: birthdays ]
[ xxxii :: his ]
[ xxxiii :: parenthood ]
[ xxxiv :: sunday (pt.2) ]
[ xxxv :: monday funday ]
[ xxxvi :: myths ]
[ xxxvii :: tequila ]
[ xxxviii :: seeing/believing ]
[ xxxix :: bitches (pt. 1) ]
[ xl :: bitches (pt. 2) ]
[ xli :: transition ]
[ xlii :: cold ]
[ xliii :: peanut gallery ]
[ xliv :: confrontation ]
[ xlv :: cheers ]
[ xlvi :: scone ]
[ xlvii :: almost ]
[ xlviii :: keys ]
[ xliv :: escape ]
[ xlv :: soeur ]
[ xlvi :: bubbly ]
[ xlvii :: nebula ]
[ xlviii :: hungry ]
[ xlix :: pillow talk ]
[ l :: bowling ]
[ epilogue :: sunday (pt. 3) ]
[ epilogue (2.) :: full house ]

[ xx :: third wheel ]

3.1K 242 37
By charismatize

There's a boy I know, he's the one I dream of

Looks into my eyes, takes me to the clouds above,

Oh I lose control, can't seem to get enough,

When I wake from dreaming, tell me is it really love, 

How will I know?

- "How Will I Know?" || Whitney Houston

_________

MY PLACE AT 9 TONIGHT

I'll be there :)

But, it's only twelve-thirty on the Friday afternoon that Anais sends this text in response to Chanel. Her phone's been blowing up, actually, since she'd been added with Cara, Soo, Jourdan, Joan, Magdalena and a few others into a group chat for the night.

Chanel was putting on a 'movie night' in the loft she lived in with Jourdan, but, knowing her, that 'movie night' was most likely going to turn into a 'gossip session' about everyone in Design. 

Anais just wants a nap. 

After morning classes in what seemed like an endless week, she's ready to lay in her bed and close her eyes, and she's never been more excited to do just that. Knowing that Soo was most likely not home, since she didn't have class on Fridays, Anais expected her roommate to be out, since she typically went out during her free time. 

That left the apartment to herself. 

And that's really all she wants. 

And as Anais digs through her purse for her key, standing outside her home, she hears voices. 

She stands, bow furrowed, hearing very distinctly, the sound of talking coming from behind the door to her flat. 

Confused, she sticks the key in the lock and turns, opening her door cautiously. 

"Soo?"

"Anais? Wow, you're home early."

"Hey, love. Done for the day?"

And Anais pauses. She closes the door, only to be met by the two familiar faces of Soo and Louis, both of them curled up on the couch. 

Together. 

"Am I interrupting something?" She asks, dropping her bag to the floor. 

Soo grins, shaking her head. 

Anais does not miss how her best friend is sitting, feet tucked beneath her, her head against Louis' shoulder, his hand casually resting on her hip. 

"Louis' been over a while, y'know? He just came to hang out."

"I was in the neighborhood," he grins and Soo giggles. "Thought I'd pop by."

"And he brought cupcakes!" Exclaims Soo, who points to the table. "They're from that place I love, y'know?"

And Anais does know. She knows very well, in fact, because that's not something that you just forget about your best friend and roommate. 

But, that's not the issue. 

Maybe it's because she's sleepy. 

Maybe it's because she's had a long week, but seeing Soo and Louis curled up together on the couch in the house she came home expecting to find empty kind of has her eye twitching. 

"Wow!" Anais exclaims. "So, while I've been in class, you both have been eatin' cupcakes and watching movies together, sans moi! Whoa!" She claps her hands, "I just love friendship, don't you?"

Louis and Soo both frown.

"Are you ok, Ana?" Soo asks, rising from the couch. "Do we need to like, talk about something?"

"Nope," Anais replies, grabbing her bag from the floor. "Nope. No. Nothing to talk about," she says. "See you later?"

Soo nods. "Yeah, but-"

"Okay," Anais forces a smile. "Bye, guys," she says, closing the door behind her before she can hear her friends respond. 

Anais  stalks from the apartment, blowing the hair angrily from her face.  

She instantly pulls out her phone. 

Are you busy? She types. 

Not if you need me x is the immediate response she receives. 

Dammit, that makes her smile. 

Where are you?

Home. Wanna come over?

Yes please. 

See you soon babe :) x

_______

"Did you just wake up?" Anais asks incredulously, as she follows behind Zayn into his kitchen. "Did I wake you up?"

He's got on sweats and a black tee and his tattoos are on display and just what the hell he looks so good that Anais almost doesn't notice that there's tea whistling on his stove. 

He shrugs. "Maybe."

"Zayn!" Anais laughs, slapping a hand to her face. "Zayn, it's like, nearly one."

"I don't have classes today," he replies with a shrug. 

Anais lifts a brow. "You sleep this late every day?"

"Ye—No. Maybe? Look, I don't know," he replies, as Anais chokes on a laugh. "Look, s'not my fault that I have late class, alright?" And he grabs mugs for the two of them.  

Anais' laughter dies. She settles into Zayn's couch, staring at the nail polish on her fingers. 

He lifts a brow. Bringing the tea into the living room, he sits close beside her on the couch. 

"What's the matter, Anais?"

She sighs. "It's..." She shakes her head, taking the cup gratefully. "I sound like a total bitch saying this but," she sighs again, "Soo and Louis are hanging out without me, Zayn. Like, it used to be the three of us and now it's the two of them and it's just weird. It's weird and I hate it and I'm-"

"Jealous?" He asks. "Be honest."

She laughs scornfully. "Okay, maybe."

He raises a brow.

"Okay, maybe a little."

He sips his tea.

She laughs, "Okay, maybe a lot. Maybe I am jealous. Maybe I hate that they're moving on together and I'm just here. I'm-"

"Jealous," he finishes, laughing a bit as she rolls her eyes. 

"Yes. I'm jealous. Just like you were when you met Diego," she stares pointedly at him. "You got me, you got me."

"S'okay to admit it, y'know," Zayn smirks, tongue in his cheek. "There's nothing wrong with the way you feel, and," he adds, "for the record, um, I was not jealous."

"No comment."

Zayn snorts. "They aren't moving on without you, Ana," he continues. "You're all just," he stares at his mug, thinking a bit before he lifts his eyes back to hers. "They're like, they're just moving y'know? Everyone's going forwards and they just happen to be going together, yeah? You're not stuck," he offers a small smile. "It's just weird 'cause you're like, used to being three and now it's two plus one."

Anais nods. "I'm the odd one out."

"I didn't say that."

"I know," she whines. "But, that's totally what it feels like. Eew...the third wheel. Zayn," she groans. "The third wheel."

"On a tricycle?"

"Ha—Very funny," she replies as he laughs. "I just hate it."

"It's just new," Zayn says. "You're not used to it."

"It's weird, though. Like, okay," she tucks her leg beneath her, "let's put it in perspective. Do you have a sister?"

He nods. "More than one, actually."

"Oh yeah?" Anais sighs, melting at the thought of Zayn being surrounded by women. "Okay, well, what if one day, Louis started dating one of your sisters, or something?"

Zayn's expression darkens instantly. "I'd kill him."

"Oh-kay," she laughs. "What if..." She pauses, "Alright. We're close, right?"

Zayn rolls his eyes. "Yeah," he snorts, "I guess you can say that."

"Fine, then," Anais laughs. "I'll ignore your sarcasm."

He chuckles.

"What if one day, Niall or one of your other best guy friends started dating me?"

"I'd ki-" Zayn shakes his head, halting himself from finishing the thought. He rubs the back of his neck, "I don't think you're giving the best examples, love."

Anais laughs aloud. "Fine," she sighs, reaching for her tea. "Maybe I'm not."

And as Zayn watches Anais lift her mug to her lips, he truly thinks about it. What if Niall or...no, what if Liam started dating Anais? What would he do? What if one day he came home to find her on his couch with one of his best mates? 

"Look," he sets his mug down, and she does hers. "I know you're upset now, but, don't you like, don't you want them to be happy?"

Anais nods. "Yeah..."

"So this is good then, yeah?" He prods. "This is good 'cause they make each other happy."

Anais sighs, and she surprises Zayn a little by leaning against him, her head in the crook of his neck and shoulder. 

"Yeah," she mutters. "You're right."

He laughs, draping his arm around her. "Glad to know you've been convinced."

"I mean it," she laughs. "I do," she peers up at him. "Really," and she yawns, throwing her hand over her mouth.

He chuckles. "Sleepy?"

"Yes," Anais sighs. "I came home expecting to take a nap and I find the lovebirds on the couch," she inhales, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "And I'm supposed to go out tonight and-"

"You're going out?"

She hums, nodding against him.

Then, she looks up. "Why?"

"Because..." He pauses. 

Because he'd wanted to hang out with her, actually. Because it was a Friday night and he'd wanted to go out and get the hell off campus and be with Anais in New York City. 

Because that sounded like fun.

But, he shrugs. He doesn't want to come across as too clingy, but he like, actually really likes spending time with Anais and, well, she just has so many friends. Everywhere they go it's like someone knows her, asking her to hang out, taking up her time.

He stares at his hand- it's drawing small patterns on her shoulder. "Just thought we could go out or something," he mutters softly. "It's nothing, really." 

That wakes her up. 

"Really?" She asks softly. Then, she grins, peering up at him. "Zayn?"

"Yes, love?"

"Were you gonna ask me out?"

"I-" He falters as her grin turns into a full smile. He rubs at his beard. "Yeah, uh...I kinda was, actually."

Anais can't help the smile on her face, and Zayn's decided that he's going to have to commit to memory whatever it is that makes her smile that bright. 

"Aw, Zayn," she sighs. "God, I wish—" She shakes her head, and Zayn wishes she'd finish that statement. "Some other time?"

"So," he grins. "You'd have said 'yes?'"

She bats her lashes. "If what?"

He snorts. "If I'd been ballsy and asked you out."

Anais grins, her teeth clamped on her bottom lip. She's fighting an urge to kiss him, because not only was he going to ask her out, but he'd also used the line she had when he first took her to Naughty Boy for drinks. 

She nods. "Then, yes."

He kisses her quickly. "Yes, what, Anais?"

She rolls her eyes, wanting him to kiss her again. "Yes, I would have said 'yes,' Zayn."

He kisses her again. Longer this time, he likes how her lips are warm from the tea and he likes how she tastes like peppermint.

"Some other time, then?" He asks.

Anais nods. "Some other time."

-~*~-

Yay, them. 

Also double update because I love you guys so much and your comments make me happy as hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737K 14.4K 44
Everyone loves random hookups right? What happens when that 'random hookup' ends up being your new teacher? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO FROSTYNARRY 2015
456K 17.3K 141
A Zayn x Harry story. Love, hate, sex, drugs and betrayals.. all this on Instagram Starts after the "We never really spoke" drama If you enjoy Dra...
4.4K 193 33
The typical high school Harry fanfic! *ON HOLD* All Rights Reserved To @larryoverall
168K 5.4K 34
[COMPLETED] One night. A hotel. A random girl. Zayn. When a girl called Loreleï meets the famous Zayn Malik who has just began his solo career . They...