The Waitress and Her Alpha

By esthersteel_

Veronica Smite lives a simple life of poverty and depression. She works hard only to be deprived of playing h... More

REWRITE
| I - Serving Sarcasm - |
| II - Under My Skin |
| III- Hard and Pretty Things |
| IV- A Yellow Eyed Devil |
| V - The Repeat Offender |
| VI - Taco and Tethers |
| VII - Meeting The Men |
| VIII - Silver Drugs |
| IX - A First Experience |
| X - Eating Shame |
| XI - Deal With The Wolves |
| XII - The Apartment Of Truth |
| XIII - Running From Paradise |
| XIV - The First Time |
| XV - Media Interruptions |
| XVI - Wolf Apologies |
| XVIII - Melding Of Memories |
| XIX - The Taking |
| XX - Forest |
| XXI - To Be A Wolf |
| XXII - Travels Home |
| XXIII - It's Love Indeed |
| XXIV - An Alpha Marking |
| XXV - Lunar Ball |
Author Update!
| XXVI - The Servants |
| XXVII - Mother Meets Pain |
| XXVIII - Mother Storm |
| XXIX - Her |
| XXX - Loss |
| XXXI - A Fighting Chance |
| XXXII - Her Fight |
| XXXIII - Realization |
| XXIV - Tyson's Moment |
| XXV - She's A Weird One |
| XXXVI - Milo's Adventures |
| XXXVII - The Dark |
| XXXVIII - Her Blood |
| XXXX - Childlike Cares |
Author Note
| XXXXI - Story Time |

| XVII - Alpha Burrito |

7.2K 281 7
By esthersteel_

"I doubt I'd be able to stop anything. You're obviously stronger than me, faster, and most definitely smarter. The most I have is the weird sexual attraction to use against you. I wouldn't call that powerful in the least." I shuffle through my emotions towards him trying to figure out what's mine and what's the internal nag. I know that some part of me does like Ares. He seems like a good man. The necklace that I still wear around my neck is enough reminder that he cares. The way he speaks about loving me, the determination he has to win me over. That has some valor. I know that if we'd met as normal humans and hit it off, I'd beg him to marry me.

"You don't know how much power you really hold. As my woman you have a strength uncanny to any men in my pack. Your touch can stop me, your voice summons me. Not to mention if you were to ask for anything the wolf in me would bend to any will to do it for you. Except leave you. That I'd have to kill myself." He pushes around his food laughing at my scrunched nose. I've attempted to push back the laughter, but finally let it out bring a positive emotion to the table. I'm tired of being defiant for a few moments. I'd like to enjoy some of the small happiness he's offering.

"Daniel and Adrian were talking about how all the high ranks have human mates, is that true?" I lean over the table trying to get closer. His masculine musk sings to me, and I want so much more.

"It is. As the high ranks we need something to balance the power. There are trials that men can perform to fight for an alpha position, but everyone understands that if you have a female wolf mate that your strength isn't enough. It's concerning when a delta has a human, it could mean treachery later down the line." The Alpha looks up from his food, a burning gaze taking over his eyes, "Any more questions?"

"Many. How much control does your wolf have over you? What did you mean earlier when you said his influence?" This peaks so much interest. I can't help it. It's like all the romances I've read slamming together into my own epic story. I'm entranced and beyond mind blown.

"While I'm human and have control over the wolf, his animal tendencies have sway over important decisions. When I first saw you, I admit my initial thought was to steal you away, however you standing up to Tyson intrigued my wolf. It brought out this wolf pride that you can see in my eyes, the gold. Anger is generally represented in black. In the contract, the caveat about you two running was more for us than you. Our wolves wanted you close and needed to know where you were always. It sent us both over the edge and led to the frustration you dealt with earlier."

"Could you have stopped the wolf?"

"In those moments," He sighs running a hand through his hair. I can feel the guilt dripping off him, "No. I'm sorry to admit it. I've only lost control once before, but he was running my body forcing me to claim you so we could find you if needed. The mark is a powerful tool for us. Allows us to communicate and track. Only a few things could interfere with that."

"That helps me. Thank you." I rattle off in thought. This mark helps me read him as well. I know he's telling the truth. The wolf had control and forced him to claim me. Ares himself had no intention to take me in such a violent way. My own emotions drop some trust towards him.

"Are you planning on telling me who were running from then?" James Volga. I think to myself. Ares stiffens, "James Volga? I suppose now would be the time to tell you that your thoughts are like a stream of constant communication to me. That's what I meant, and I should have clarified."

With that announcement horrid thoughts of him fill my brain, "I suppose I don't have to say it aloud then."

Ares grips the edge of the counter, fingers white. I try to ignore the cracking that breaks through the room, "He reminds me of someone. I can't pinpoint it."

"He's a big name. Maybe you've seen him on TV." I shrug. It's nice to have this simple conversation. I've held these emotions in my heart for so long knowing that I don't have to tell him means more to me than I expected. He can sense everything I've felt, know everything I've been through. Yes, it's heartbreaking to know that he can know feel my lowest moments as I play through my relationship with him like a movie. Once the first memory popped in, I couldn't fight the rest. A need to show him and have him understand eats at me, "I'm sorry."

Ares walks around the island, a hand laying on my cheek. I turn my eyes up to meet his trying to figure out his motive. A single tear escapes his eye traveling down to his chin before dropping onto his shirt, "I'm sorry you ever went through that. I can understand now why you avoided me so, left our date. I should've been more sensitive to you." And without a warning Ares pulls me into a bear hug. His entire body surrounds mine crushing me against his chest, "I'll work every day to show you how I'm not like that. How I appreciate you. I know I've done a very shitty job of showing it, but I mean every word."

"Thank you, Ares." I mumble into his chest. My hand bunches around his shirt pressing myself further into him. I know that I should be running, should be begging for freedom, but being held by Ares Gray with nothing but love pouring from him is what I need, "I'll try my best to understand you, but I'll need patience."

"No matter. I know you deserve it. I'll talk to Josh about Jessica and you. I'll never earn your love by controlling every moment." He pulls away. I know he doesn't want to, but I appreciate the space he offers.

"I've been trying to tell you." I giggle covering my mouth. The moment of sadness leaves us both with my laugh, his joining in.

"I suppose that might be the case. You are rather head strong you know that?" He mutters clicking his tongue, "And what do you say for yourself?" He's joking with me. An actual god of a man is trying to make a joke. This moment with him is a wild representation of how life could be. I know I don't love him, nor do I fully trust him, but I know that maybe it isn't as bad as I thought.

"I enjoy tormenting you." I mumble, his hands coming to my hips. The familiar fire ignites within me, and I stand up to move against his chest. Our breaths mix, lips inches apart.

"Is that so, darling?" His tattoos peaks over his unbuttoned collar driving me wild. I haven't been with many men as inked as he is, but I don't know if I would ever be able to go back. My thoughts trailed to him, a growl leaving from the back of his throat, "You dare think of other men while I hold you against me?" I stutter trying to come up with an explanation, he doesn't wait for a response moving my hips up, so I sit on the island. Our torsos sit at the same height, eyes aligned. I breath heavy trying to get as much air as possible, but he defeats my efforts pulling into a deep kiss. Our tongues fight, both him and I tasting each other. If the taste of him was ice cream, I think it'd be my favorite flavor. He backs away, a hand moving to the center of my chest to lay me down on the counter. Our plates are shoved back and away allowing my hair to splay over the space.

Ares runs his fingers up my inner thighs, teasing me before running his thumb over my entrance. I squirm into him begging for his touch, "You in a dress is such a blessing." He groans pushing up the skirt leaving my bare ass on the counter. Panties are for the weak.

He kneels letting his mouth run over the sensitive parts of my legs, hands massaging my muscles as he moves. Yes please. You may touch me. I moan for more, but he doesn't listen taking his sweet time to work his way up, "Say you're mine." He blows against my core, I shudder.

"Ares!" He slips in only a finger but holds still. I try to move my hips, but he keeps his one hand on my belly keeping me contained.

"Say it." I buck my hips again, his tongue running over me. My body becomes a mess of hormones. The curling of his finger and tongue together sends my mind to another world. Absolutely no thoughts of another man intrude on this, he is the only one I'm thinking about. My core builds, the tasteful release so close. I feel him in my mind searching for something and I give him all of it. In my weakness he is given the rights to see anything he wants, his presence traveling through me so effortlessly. I raise my hips for my release, but Ares stops pulling away from me.

"What?" I curse at him picking myself up to sit on my forearms as I look down my body. I fucking hate you.

"You never said you're mine. A worthy punishment for a woman who claims to detest me so within her thoughts." He claps his hands together standing to move to the sink. He cleans himself then grabs another plate of food.

"You can't do that." I mumble sliding off the counter.

Ares laughs, "You'll learn, darling. While I might bend to your will, I am never the submissive. Just as I earn your love, I'll also earn your begs of release." I pull at the skirt of my dress, so it falls better huffing before sitting back down. A cleaning lady runs in whipping down the counter almost immediately. Oh shit.

My face becomes as hot as a tomato, Ares just laughing under his breath, "Calm yourself. They are humans indebted to the pack; they didn't hear a thing. I simply sent a memo." He lifts his shirt, a small pager I hadn't seen before coming into display.

"Indebted to the pack?"

"Hmm?" He slides my plate over again, this time I take the food, "Humans are indebted to the pack, a few families that we bring out of poverty, give homes, food, and good basic needs. They also have a paycheck, and they know our secret. In return for whatever we give them, they serve a certain number of years. We can't add or take away from that time, and if someone decides to give them more that doesn't impact it either. They do minor work like cleaning, gardening, and taking calls. Many of the human work in the banks for us, their lives being no different than any other."

"Oh. That... isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be."

"We aren't monsters, Veronica." He seems defensive, the need to say that taking over his better judgement, "And we care for our own, the humans during their time being as such."

"What does the pack know of me?"

"They know you've been found, and that you are resistant as many of the other human mates are. Our pack mates are waiting for the Lunar Ball, but I haven't given a date. Some are pressing for an heir."

"Did you say ball? Like something you see in a movie?"

He laughs, nodding, "Our pack has some traditions we refuse to break. One being the Lunar Ball that is only hosted when a new Luna is found. Packs and the humans in service are invited to celebrate, dresses, food, music, the works."

"That sounds... crazy." I whisper looking down at my bland self. No reason to give anything like me something so extravagant. I bet the pack will be the least impressed with the fates decision of me.

Ares growls, a finger coming under my chin to force me up, "You are beyond beautiful, darling. Don't degrade yourself."

"Get out of my head." He doesn't. He stays there listening to my inner demons. All the irrational hatreds I have of myself spinning to the front. Ares listens to each one, not responding to anything, but I can see the notes he is making in his head, "I wish you could see you how I see you, but I fear that showing you would lead you to further hatred."

"Am I able to get you out of my head? Maybe some space? I'd like to explore," He sends me a visual of my ass running, the next image of me chained to his bed naked, "Heard loud and clear." I choke out, "No running, stay in manor."

"I have some business to attend to on 12th, the servants and omegas will be guarding outside. I should be home around six. If you need anything," He taps his head, "And please, order yourself dinner. Tell a servant and they can get you whatever you want. You need to eat."

"And if I don't? More chaining to the bed?"

"Perhaps." He winks, leaving me in the kitchen with a small kiss on the forehead. A cleaner comes in quickly after grabbing the mess we made. His visual of me laying beneath him, pleasuring me while he feeds me dinner, keeping from orgasming until I finish the plate rolls through my head like a movie.

"Go screw yourself!" I yell at his back, the servant shrinks back, and if I was wolf, I'm sure I could smell her fear. The manor is typical, large dining rooms, offices lining the walls. A couple kitchens, one bigger than the other. One of the few things I enjoyed was the main entrance, a large window from ceiling to floor opening to the surrounding forest.

"Mrs. Gray," A young ladies voice comes from behind me, I turn my head.

"Smite. It's Smite." My correction is done with a smile, but she frowns in return. It brings me back to the day of our date when I corrected the host.

"Are you not the mate and wife of Alpha Gray?" Her grey hair is coiled tightly around her round face. I find the sight of her soft eyes comforting. She straightens her apron studying me from head to toe, "I mean you look like the memo."

"Memo?"

"Yes, Alpha Gray announced your permanent arrival to pack and staff to ensure your safety."

I squint trying to comprehend what she's saying, "Safety? Am I in danger?"

She pauses before answering, "As he's the Alpha of the Wolfsbane pack, many rouges and other wolves want to harm him. You are the key to his sanity, and if anyone was to lay a hand on you, he would set the world ablaze."

"That seems... kind of overkill." I mumble turning my head back to the large window staring out over the sunset.

"Alphas are naturally more protective, as you being the Luna secures the future of his pack, and line. I was sent a message by the Alpha; he wanted me to make sure you ordered a meal." The lady pulls out a notepad holding a solid black pen against the paper, "What are you in the mood for Mrs. Gray?"

"Please, just call me Vee. I... we aren't like that." Being called by his surname makes things a little too overwhelming for right now. I know that it's an end game, especially if I fall in love, but for now I'd prefer my name. Some personal identity that I can associate with.

She rolls her eyes, huffing lightly, "I can't do that, Mrs. Gray. I am under order. Now, we have an amazing burrito place just off the land, would you enjoy that? He mentioned you like tacos and that's the closet we have to the manor."

"Burritos?" I tap my chin, "Sure, whatever they have that's vegetarian, extra tomatoes."

"Vegetarian?" The confusion is prominent on her face, and I keep myself from laughing directly at her confused face. I know I've caught more than just her off guard if Ares is sticking around in my head for the day as I'd expect.

"Sometimes I don't feel like meat. Chicken and beef just sound too animal to me right now." I gripe, she nods slowly.

"I'll get this ordered Mrs. Gray. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

The trees sway beautifully in the window taking my attention for a moment, "Is there a TV anywhere? I think I want to watch a movie."

The servant set me up in a game room I hadn't found earlier, then ran off to make sure I got the food in a timely manner no matter how much I tried to convince that I could wait. I click on the remote bringing the TV to life then surf the channels to find the news. A beautiful lady comes on the screen, a forced smile taking over her. I almost gag at the amount of lipstick that covers her thin lips, especially when I can see the cracking under the news station lights, "James Volga has been seen in New York buying stock in many local companies. No one understands this change in business style, but many are cheering him on as he rises to the top putting his money to work."

"Oh please." I groan keeping a tight grip on the remote, so I don't toss it.

"Love?" His voice is like dropping me in ice water then expecting me to breath. My head snaps around, a brown paper sack hanging from his hand, "I have your dinner."

"I thought-"

He laughs coming to settle next to me on the couch, "Jennie informed me you ordered, and I let her know I would just grab it on the way in."

"Oh. Thank you." I take the bag from his hands pulling out a burrito the size of my head, "Do you have dinner for yourself?" Why do you care Veronica? You shouldn't care.

"I ate at the office, thank you for asking." He dips into my thoughts reading my internal conversation with myself. I recoil from him on the couch thinking of teddy bears and chocolate.

"That isn't fair." I groan at him with a frown.

Ares raises a brow, "You're my mate, Veronica. It's my duty to know exactly what you need, how you're feeling, and provide how I can."

"I just... I don't like that. You just manhandle all my personal thoughts and use it towards me. While I get it, and need to learn how to get used it, it's still a little unsettling. Can't you pretend to... I don't know... not hear them?" He shifts closer to me on the couch while I unravel the burrito. My stomach grumbles in hunger from the lack of food I've eaten today and while I don't like this situation, this burrito smells amazing.

"Would you like to go through my head? See what I see?"

I take a bite, the sauce of the burrito trailing down my chin. Ares eyes watch it trail, but I use a napkin instead of whatever his mind was planning, "I can do that?"

"Of course. I have a wall up to protect you. A human adapting to a mind link can be overwhelming, almost impossible to tune the wolf out. As pups we are trained on how to handle them, the feeling of building walls and how to scratch against others." He unbuttons his top then slips off the tie throwing to one side. I try to keep myself together looking at his tempting figure only covered by his slacks.

"Yes."

"Are you sure, darling. This is going to be difficult." He lays his hand on my cheek, I don't fight it, nor do I lean away when his thumb moves back and forth over my cheek bone.

"It would help me to better understand what's happening." I bite my lip sucking on it before allowing it to pop back into place, "I just... it's hard."

"I know baby. Here, let's put this over here." He takes the burrito setting it off to the side, "You'll need it later," Ares turns my hips to face him, one leg hanging off the couch while the other is bent into his. He mimics my position, keeping me directly in front, "Now, are you ready?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 10.8K 30
Nova Moore always does the right thing. She's always made the grade and she's finally reaping the benefits. Until she wanders to where she probably s...
96.4K 2.3K 24
"You're not a luna. You're a rogue. Your word means nothing." Maddie says. "Alpha Kairo, I hear you don't have a luna yet. If you ever need a backup...
4.2K 137 17
"Mate." they both whispered at the same time. Both. Two. I couldn't fight it either, "Mate." Came out of my mouth and my eyes glanced between the bro...
75.9K 2.4K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...