The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 5

1.3K 32 5
By Silver-Tigress

Vivian's P. O. V:

The pumpkin mascot calls, "Now, will each team's participant in the Hidden game kindly step forward?"

All the contestants that were chosen step forward, toward the pumpkin mascot.

Chapati says, "There are two questions on everyone's minds. First and foremost, just what kind of game will Hidden be, and, who would you say is the favourite in this mysterious competition?"

Yajima replies, looking back at Chapati, "Mmm. It's safe to say that Rufus of Sabertooth is probably the odds-on favourite. But, Gray From Fairy Tail is a dark horse in the running."

Chapati says, "Let's ask today's special guest, Miss Jenny Realight from Blue Pegasus."

Jenny smiles as she replies, "My fave? I'll be rooting for Eve, of course. He's got this in the bag!"

All the chosen contestants gather around the pumpkin as the crowd cheers. We were all shocked when a city suddenly appears in the centre of the arena, and I stated that it must've taken quite a lot of magic power to be able to accomplish. A million copies of the chosen competitors manifest in the city as well.

The game of Hidden goes like this: Each chosen competitor has to find their opponent and hit them with an attack. If they succeed, then they win a point. There's a catch, though: should the attack hit a clone, then the competitor is immediately sent back to the point they started at, and they lose a point.

The gong goes off, signalling the start of the contest.

I watch as the competitors attempt to find each other. Juvia lost us a point when she hug attacked a Gray, but he turned out to be a clone. I get worried and frustrated whenever that Nalpudding guy continually goes after Gray and Juvia. Why the heck does he keep going after our guild mates, but no one else?!!!

I pause when I notice something. Where in Earthland is Rufus? We haven't seen him in awhile...

When Gray and Juvia end up facing each other, the water mage explains the reason we're competing is because of the deal Master Makarov made us: if Team B wins, then we get to make the members of Team A do whatever we want for a whole entire day.

I give Erza and Natsu a devious grin. I hope I get to do it to either one of them! If not, both!

Nalpudding ended up taking out both Gray and Juvia, making me glare hatefully at him. What's his deal?!

In the end, Rufus Lore wins the match with this awesome spell, Memory Make: Night of Shooting Stars, and took out all of the other competitors. Even Juvia got hit, as the doll revolves around the element of lightning. Our team ended up with 1 point and we care in 7th place.

Team A got zero points and came in last place.

The crowd boos and laughs at us, saying our time is over. Gray's eyes are hidden by his bangs with a dark look on his face, as he walks past his team. Juvia mutters a "Sorry" as she walks past us with her head bowed as well.

I give her a soft look as I murmur, "Juvia-chan..."

After the game of Hidden, we all go to our respective team's balconies.

Chapati announces the first battle match, "And, now, for the moment you've all been waiting for; the battle portion! First up is Fairy Tail Team A's Lucy Heartfilia, VS Raven Tail's Flare Corona!!"

I sit at the back of the stand and read my book, knowing that Lucy will do great. When the match ended, Flare emerged victorious, though I knew she only managed to because she would've had outside help. When she was defeated, Natsu went down to comfort Lucy, saying something like how zero points would make a great comeback, then he carried her to the infirmary.

The next match was Ren Akatsuki VS Arana Webb: the winner is Ren Akatsuki. The third match is Warcry from Quatro Cerberus VS Orga Nanagear from Sabertooth. I'd notice that Rogue had disappeared during the match. Orga Nanagear was the victor of this round.

I return to my book just as Chapati announces, "And, now, for the last match of today's battle portion, is... Lamia Scale's Jura Neekis VS... Team Fairy Tail B's Vivian Knight Hunter!!"

The crowd cheers and I jerk my head up at hearing my name be called, my heart pounding in my chest. "M-Me?!" I stutter, shocked.

"Well, go on, kid," Laxus says, gesturing with his chin toward the arena.

"I-I can't fight Jura! Why can't Gajeel go?!" I exclaim, turning as I point at said ravenette.

"Coz they didn't announce his name," Laxus says simply.

I start freaking out. "No! No way am I gonna go up against a freaking Wizard Saint!" I shake my head with minute movements. Laxus lets out an exasperated sigh, closing his eyes briefly.

My hazel eyes jerk wide, however, when the Dreyar suddenly grabs my collar and throws me over the railing. I cry out as I descend towards the sandy floor, my arms flailing.

Thankfully, though, I manage a forward flip and land in a crouch instead of on my back or face.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Ignoring Natsu who is snickering, the brown haired girl wrenches her head up to the Dreyar with a look that can kill. "I'll get you back for that, Bolt Brain!" She threatens.

"She seems pretty pissed at you, Laxus," Says Gajeel, smirking.

"Whatever. It's not like she scares me," Laxus says, unfazed. Vivian scowls as she straightens and brushes off her uniform. "It got her down there, didn't it?"

Vivian spares him a final scowl before she turns and stalks towards Jura, who is already waiting for her. There's a soft smile on his face. Vivian glances up at the balcony, seeing that Rogue still hasn't returned.

Oh, well.

"Good luck, Viv-chan!" Mira falls after her. Vivian stands before the tall Wizard Saint in the arena, a serious yet determined expression on her face.

Jellal stares at the light chestnut brown haired girl with wide eyes, as Laxus says, "Guess luck isn't on her side, today."

Mira soon becomes concerned for the Requip mage, a hand going to her cheek. She utters, "Who'd have thought she'd be forced to fight Jura?"

Gajeel mutters, "He's just a big bald priest. Is he really that tough?"

Mira nods as she replies, "I'm not even sure Erza and I can beat him in a two-on-one battle."

"Relax. Viv's got this," Laxus reminds them. "She is a Requip Magic master, almost as strong as Erza, after all."

Jellal has only ever fought Vivian once when she and Natsu went to rescue Erza in the Tower of Heaven. She was formidable, even back then.

"Well, I guess that's true," Mira muses.

Jellal thinks determinedly, watching the blonde, "Good luck, Vivian. I know you can do it."

Jura tells the silverette sincerely, "Personally, I would love to see Fairy Tail do well in this competition, but I'm afraid the old hag would throw a fit if I were to let you win."

A tense pause. A brisk wind blows in between the Wizard Saint and S-class mage.

Jura says sincerely, "My sincere apologies, but I won't be holding back."

"Nor will I, Jura-san," Vivian responds.

Jura smiles at those words. The crowd bursts into loud cheer.

Chapati calls out, "Fairy Tail B's The Valkyrie is going head-to-head with Lamia Scale's Iron Rock! So, let's get this final match underway right now!"

The gong sounds, and the battle begins.

Jura immediately makes the first move, before Vivian, as he wants to get the first hit in. Jura grunts as he raises his right hand, his index and middle fingers pointing, while the rest are folded dow, and pillars of earth erupt from the ground. Vivian doesn't even blink as she moves just as fast, taking off towards the Wizard Saint. As the pillars of rock near her, Vivian jumps up, narrowly avoiding them, and forward flip back down on top of them while requipping her Valkyrie Armor.

Her body glows gold and she hears the men in the stands ogling her as she dons her Valkyrie armor, since she has a more womanly and fuller figure now, after those seven years. The glow fades to show Vivian's new appearance.

Vivian dons a sleeveless pink and blue dress with gold trimming, shoulder guards on her shoulders, a collar folded down and over the knee pink and purple boots that have gold trimming around them. On Vivian's right arm up to her elbow is a pink arm warmer with blue gauntlets on both forearms.

She has a pink, purple and gold headdress with white wings on either side. Her light chestnut brown, waist length hair is loose around her shoulders with some of it being in braids.

"I don't believe it! He's actually controlling the earth!" Chapati calls out, just as stunned as everyone else in the stadium. "Is this the true power of a Wizard Saint?!"

Vivian keeps charging for Jura as he flicks his wrist, sending more earth pillars in her direction. With her sharp reflexes, Vivian is able to flip around in mid air and dodge the attacks. As she backflips, two of the pillars collide with each other. Vivian lands on the pillar beneath her, and as she runs for the male Wizard Saint, more earth pillars attempt to attack her.

"What a dodge from The Flash!" Chapati calls out in astonishment.

"She uses a rapier sword?" Jenny questions.

"Yes," Yajima answers, nodding. "Vivian is very proficient with the rapier. In fact, due to her mastery of it, she had gained the nickname The Flash. She gained her Valkyrie nickname from her Requip. This is also what earned Vivian the alias of The Pink Maiden of the Star Blade, Honoured Mage of the Shining Stars and War Maiden."

"Whoa! Don't look away folks, because this is a match you wouldn't want to miss!" Chapati calls.

Vivian pushes off from the pillars just as two more collide behind her.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Oblique!" She chants while running at the Wizard Saint.

Coming down toward Jura, Vivian slashes her sword forward with force and power behind it while emitting bursts of pink energy. Jura barely manages to dodge backward to avoid it.

"Wow! She's really amazing," Beth breathes in awe.

"Yeah," Araña says in agreement. The Blue Pegasus and Sabertooth teams stare in shock. "I guess I know why they call her The Flash."

Jura couldn't help but be impressed as he continues to evade her attack. He's only ever seen her Requip Magic in action once before, when Vivian took on Cobra during the Nirvana incident seven years ago.

"Wow!! That was awesome!!" Natsu exclaims, his eyes wide.

"A-Amazing!" Erza breathes as she watches her friend in awe.

Vivian pursues Jura and brings her sword in a forward swipe, aiming to cut his side. But Jura leans back to avoid it, and the sword whistles past him.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Streak," Vivian chants. She raises her sword and attempts to cut diagonally across Jura's front with her rapier. He barely manages to evade that.

"Vivian's form is excellent," Erza praises, watching the light chestnut brown haired girl dance toward Jura, rapier moving gracefully, from beside Natsu. "I'm really amazed that she can keep up with Jura with her sword."

"She sure has improved a lot over the past seven years, huh," Natsu muses, grinning at his teammate.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Diagonal Sting!"

Vivian grunts with exertion as she swings her rapier toward Jura again, this time in an upward diagonal as the tip glows pink before slashing it back down. This time, it came very close to slicing through Jura's haori, to the flesh beneath it. "There's such power and force behind her attacks. Even though none have scraped me so far, I can still feel the power behind them from the air pressure," Jura thinks in amazement, as he just barely manages to avoid it.

"Oh, no! Jura!" Shelia cries worriedly.

Even though Lyon himself was surprised by Vivian's speed, he says calmly, "Don't you worry about him. I don't mean to belittle Juvia's team, but I happen to think that Jura is the greatest wizard in all of Fiore."

In that moment, a giant fist made out of armoured rock comes flying for Vivian as she leaps backward into the air at high speeds. Vivian was faster. She furrows her eyebrows and focuses on her sword.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Linear!" With a swift swipe of her sword, Vivian destroys the giant rock fist while emitting a beam of pink energy.

"She demolished it!" Natsu exclaims in shock, his eyes wide.

Erza smirks at her fellow Requip mage.

Jura grunts as he creates another giant fist made out of armoured rock, and sends it flying toward Vivian again. Vivian's hazel eyes jerk wide and she grunts when the giant fist collides with her body.

The Hunter is sent sailing across the arena until she slams into the wall, beneath the Sabertooth team's balcony, creating a crater, Vivian's rapier falling out of her hand.

"Oh, no!" Mira breathes, hands over her mouth in shock as the rest of her comrades stare with wide eyes.

"VIVIAN! GET UP, DAMN IT!" Natsu yells, gritting his teeth.

Vivian pulls herself out of the wall, brushing dust and stone off her arms.

"I'm rather impressed, Vivian," Jura says, smiling. "You're able to keep up with me. Your armor protected you from the brunt of my attack. Though, I'm still confused as to why you refuse the title of Wizard Saint."

"I'm not the same little girl I was back then, Jura," Vivian says. "I've spent the past seven years training to become strong enough so that I may be able to protect my family. And I refused the title because I feel I'm not strong enough and that there are plenty of other wizards out there who are."

"Yes. I can tell that you've grown much stronger. Well, I, for one, believe you would make a fine Wizard Saint," Jura says, smiling fondly at her.

Vivian allows herself to smile back before turning serious again. "Thanks, Jura-san! But, enough chatting. Let's fight!!"

"It's obvious why Jura's one of the Ten Wizard Saints: because he rocks!" Chapati yells excitedly. Vivian deadpans at that.

"Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, old geezer," She thinks bitterly before facing her opponent again, rapier gripped in her hand.

"Time to bring out the big guns," Vivian thinks.

"En guard!" The hazel eyed girl calls while brandishing her rapier. "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Shooting Star!"

Vivian takes off towards Jura from the air. She gives a cry of exertion as she thrusts her sword forwards several times while blasts of green energy shoot out.

"This technique has the destructive power of a falling star itself," She states fiercely.

"Rocktor!" Jura exclaims, creating an armoured giant around him to shield himself from her attack. Vivian's glowing rapier collides with the rock giant instead, causing a powerful blast of wind to blow outward.

Natsu and the others are shocked by the impact. Jura smiles as his spell disappears.

"Guess I have no choice but to use that spell," Vivian thinks apologetically, readying her stance a safe distance away. "Sorry, Jura-san. But I'm not going to lose!"

"Valkyrie Sword Magic..."

"Wonder what spell she's going to pull off?" Natsu asks.

"Don't know," Erza replies.

"...Neutron!" Vivian dashes toward Jura and thrusts her rapier at him in five rapid strokes, causing him to groan.

Jura smiles again as he thinks proudly, "Well done, Vivian-san!"

Upon the final strike of Vivian's sword, Jura falls backward onto the ground and doesn't get up again.

Vivian's Valkyrie Armor deactivates as the gong goes off, and Chapati calls, "I don't believe it!! The winner of the final match is Vivian Hunter of Fairy Tail Team B!! Fairy Tail Team B earn themselves 10 points!"

The crowd bursts into cheer and Vivian finds herself grinning.

She turns and heads back to her team.

"Not bad, Vivian," Laxus smirks once the Hunter reaches her team who are waiting for her in the entrance tunnel.

"Thanks, Laxus-kun!" She says.

"You did really well out there, Viv-chan!" Mira chimes.

"Thanks, Mira-chan!" Vivian beams at her.

"Why didn't you tell us you were asked to be a Wizard Saint?" Gajeel demands.

Vivian gives a shrug as she responds, "It must've just slipped my mind."

Vivian's P. O. V:

I sigh as I make my way to the exit of the colosseum with my teammates. After learning from Natsu and Erza what had happened to Wendy and Charlele, I had gone to check on them. They were ambushed by a member of Raven Tail who had completely drained them of their magic, but Porlyusica said that with enough rest, they'll be back on their feet in no time.

I pause when I feel someone gazing after me and turn towards them. I was surprised to find Rogue gazing after me with a hint of curiosity in his crimson eyes.

When Rogue catches me looking, I feel my cheeks heat up a little.

"Come on, Viv! Let's go!" Laxus calls, snapping me out of my daze. I whip my head around to see him, Mira, Gajeel and Juvia waiting for me, Jellal having split off from us.

"Err, right! Coming!" I say. I spare Rogue a final glance before I turn and rush to catch up to my teammates.

"Who were you looking at just now?" Gajeel wants to know.

"Oh, no one," I reply innocently.

"It had to be someone interesting to have gained your attention like that," Laxus notes.

"Maybe," I say mysteriously. "Anyway, I'll catch up with you guys later. I'm going to explore the city some more."

"Okay. See you later, Viv," Says Mira as I exit the colosseum.

I go back to the inn to shower and change into a blue multi layered maxi dress with matching colour tights, ankle length brown boots and blue cardigan, and I spend the rest of the day exploring Crocus. When the sun sets, I sit at a bench in front of a fountain in the plaza, lamps glowing overhead. The moon is full and surrounded by stars.

I've been here for two hours now.

I was sitting with my head leaning back and my eyes closed in content when a voice floats into my ears.

"Can I join you?"

I look around in surprise to see Rogue, Frosch with him. "Sure," I say, moving over to make room for him to sit down.

"Listen, Viv-chan, about the at I was talking last night... I only acted that way because Sting was there. I didn't mean to upset you," Says Rogue in a gentle voice.

I reply, "It's alright. I know you didn't mean it like that. In fact, I think you're a really kind man."

He gazes at me in surprise as Frosch chimes, "Fro thinks so, too!"

"Oh, aren't you the cutest thing!" I gush, scooping him up into my arms and snuggling him. Rogue was surprised until a soft smile touches his lips.

"Fro thinks so, too," The green Exceed says before giggling giddily.

"I'm glad you like Frosch, Viv-chan," Says Rogue.

"I love Frosch already!" I say, my fuschia eyes sparkling.

"So, Sting tells me you've won your match against the Wizard Saint, Jura," Says Rogue, causing me to flick my gaze to him.

"I did."

"I wish I could've seen it. Apparently, Sting told me you were incredible."

"I was," I say, grinning, only slightly cocky. "Perhaps you'll see me fight again later?"

"I hope so. I've only ever heard rumours about your Requip. It's called The Valkyrie, right?" He asks curiously. I nod my head.

"It is. It lets me take on the form of a Valkyrie, a legendary female war maiden that served King Odin in Norse mythology. They're said to be really strong and ride horses as they guide chosen fallen warriors to Valhalla. Most of my sword spells are based off of stars or the moon."

Rogue's crimson eyes are shining with intrigue as I explain my Requip to him.

Rogue asks me after several moments of silence, "Why aren't you with your guild mates?"

"They're celebrating back at the tavern, even though we lost today," I reply with a shrug, hugging Frosch against me. "I know it'll be noisy in there, which is why I decided to explore the city more."

"First time ever in Crocus?" Asks Rogue. I nod my head.

"Yeah. It sure is a beautiful city," I say, gazing around. Rogue and I fall back into content silence. Eventually, I speak up again. "I suppose I should be getting back." We stand up together as I reluctantly give Frosch back. "I haven't had dinner yet. Care to join me, Rogue-kun?"

He seems slightly surprised by my question but nods his head with a smile. "Sure." We have dinner at a restaurant and it was delicious. Rogue and I continue to chat contentedly with each other, and I feel at ease around him.

"That was delicious!" I say as we exit the restaurant.

"It was. Thank you for inviting me," Says Rogue, nodding.

"Anytime!" We stop to face each other. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

Rogue nods and Frosch calls goodbye as I turn to head back to my inn. When I get into my room I share with Team B, I lean against the door with a dreamy sigh.

"Where have you been?" Gajeel asks.

"Oh, you know, exploring," I say vaguely. I push away from the door and stroll over to my bed to grab my blue pyjamas for tonight.

"It seems as though you've had a great time," Mira says, smiling.

"It was better than great!" I say before going into the bathroom to change, hearing my teammates mutter behind me.

"What's with her all of a sudden?" Mutters Laxus.

"I don't know but it looks like she might be in love with someone," Mira inputs.

"Juvia is curious, though she hopes it's not her Gray-sama," The water mage says suspiciously.

"I don't think so. They're just friends," Mira says with a thoughtful hum. "It must be someone else, but who?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 4.8K 32
{[DISCONTINUED]} Y/N is the 1st Wizard Saint known as the 'Fairy Goddess' because she is very beautiful like a Fairy and very powerful like a Goddess...
41.9K 777 35
Zero was always hunted down. Either it being the Magic Council, or guilds, she has never belonged anywhere because of her father. They share the want...
1M 27.6K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...
210K 4.6K 38
Y/n is a water dragon slayer, trained by the dragon Aquaria. Aquaria, unlike the other dragons, disappeared long before July 7, X777.In fact, she wen...