๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—†๐–พ๐–ฝ {๐–ก๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„ ๐–ฎ๐—‡...

By mayndiii

"I don't understand! I'm a demigod, not a witch!" [A Harry Potter x Percy Jackson crossover] [On-going] [Book... More

๐– ๐—Ž๐—๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹'๐—Œ ๐–ญ๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ
๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฎ๐—‡๐–พ : ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐–ฒ๐—Ž๐—‹๐—‰๐—‹๐—‚๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–ซ๐–พ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹
๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ณ๐—๐—ˆ : ๐–ฃ๐—‚๐–บ๐—€๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐– ๐—…๐—…๐–พ๐—’
๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ : ๐–ถ๐–บ๐—’ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ง๐—ˆ๐—€๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—๐—Œ
๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฅ๐—‚๐—๐–พ : ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐–ฆ๐—‹๐—’๐–ฟ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ฝ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—Œ
๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฒ๐—‚๐—‘ : ๐–ฅ๐—‚๐—‹๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฃ๐–บ๐—’ ๐–ฆ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ ๐–ถ๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—€

๐–ข๐—๐–บ๐—‰๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐–ฅ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ : ๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐–ฒ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ง๐–บ๐—

838 40 6
By mayndiii

Chapter Four : The Sorting Hat

———

[(Y/N)'s Point of View]

The first thing we saw when we got out of the train was Hagrid, the one who helped me get my school stuff.

"Right, then. Firs' years! This way, please! C'mon now! Firs' years, don't be shy!"

Harry, Ron, and I joined the crowd of first-years in front of Hagrid, who was holding a lamp.

"Hello there, Harry!" Hagrid greeted Harry. Then he noticed me. "Hi, (Y/N). Didn't see yeh there!"

"Hi, Hagrid." Harry and I greeted back.

"Wow." Ron gasped, staring at Hagrid.

"Alright now, firs' years!" Hagrid called the crowd again. "Follow me ter the boats! C'mon now!"

We did as we were told and followed him.

"You know Hagrid?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. "He was the one who helped me buy my school stuff."

"Really?" he said. "He helped me too. He was the one who told me I was a wizard."

We continued chatting until we reached a wide lake with small boats on the side of it.

I stared at the rippling water. It heavily reminded me of Poseidon.

"Come on, (Y/N)," Harry called.

That was when I realized I was the only one standing by the shore.

"Oh, sorry," I muttered and, very slowly, I went into the boat.

It wobbled a bit, making me curse in Ancient Greek.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, reaching out a hand.

"I'm fine," I said when I regained my balance. I immediately sat down beside Harry. "Thanks."

He smiled at me. For a few seconds, I thought I felt my heartbeat jump a little too loud, but it was gone afterward. I noticed that his eyes weren't just green, but an emerald green one. It reminded me so much of the seaweeds in Camp Half-Blood's lake. Cold, swaying, and attractive.

The boat suddenly moved. I cursed again.

"Be careful," said Harry, holding my arm. "You're a bit clumsy, aren't you?"

"I—uh—yeah, probably," I muttered, cheeks burning at the contact.

I looked away from him.

The others began talking animatedly as we sailed the lake with the boats while I looked at the sky.

There was a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder.

All of the other first years jumped on their boats, almost toppling them over. Even Ron jumped, swearing as he did so.

"Blimey! What was that?" Ron asked.

I stared at the sky. The lightning and thunder were gone. Normally, I would feel scared about it. The god of the sky might be angry about something, but, this time, I felt so safe with that lightning strike.

It was a sign from Zeus. A good luck sign for me. I thanked him.

Another lightning and thunder occurred, finally causing one boat to stumble into the water. Hagrid went to help them get back to their boat.

"That was quite funny," Harry whispered to me, grinning.

"It wasn't," I said, chuckling a bit.

"Yes, it was!"

"No, it wasn't!"

"Was!"

"Wasn't!"

"Hey, sorry to interrupt but you have to see this!" Ron said, waving in front of us.

"What?"

We both looked up and saw what Ron meant.

My mouth opened a bit.

A castle... like a real castle that looked so much like Hades' castle in the Underworld. Eerie, old, and huge. There was light flickering on the windows.

I wouldn't want to believe that this was a school, but the moment we stepped onto the other side of the lake, I realized that it was really a school.

"Wow!" was the only word my mouth could say as we walked up the castle-like school.

"This is brilliant," Harry murmured beside me.

"Really amazing," I murmured back.

If the outside was beautiful, the inside was purely stunning and magical. It was bigger than I had expected from seeing the outside appearance.

We followed my co-first years up to staircases until we reached the top where a familiar emerald-green-robed woman greeted us. It was Professor McGonagall. She looked much respected in here despite having the same clothes she had when she escorted me out of Half-Blood Hill.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" she said loudly so that everyone could hear her. "In a few moments, you will pass these doors and join your classmates... But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There are four Houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. While you are here, your House will be like your family. Your accomplishments will earn you points, however, any rule-breaking will lose you points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points will be rewarded the House Cup—"

"Trevor!" yelled a boy suddenly.

Somehow, I remembered that it was the same boy who had lost his toad several times already. What was his name again? Ah, Neville.

The moment I thought of his name, a sudden light came into my head. A few flashes of pictures played in my mind as though an edited video. A teenage boy holding a sword. There was also a snake. The boy sliced the snake and the snake crumpled into dust. The video kept playing over and over again in my mind until I could feel my knees buckling.

"(Y/N)!"

I opened my eyes. I swore I felt my eyes lit up literally.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Harry asked. "You almost collapsed."

I looked around but no one was paying attention to us, thank the gods.

"I—I'm okay..." I mumbled as I stood up straight. I didn't notice that I was gripping Harry's arm too tightly. "I'm sorry I was just... I wasn't used to boats."

Okay, I lied.

I had been using boats for my entire life in our canoeing lessons. No, I knew I acted that way because of that vision. It was something that would happen in the future. A prophecy.

"Are you sure?" Ron double-asked.

"Completely sure—"

Someone screamed.

I turned and gasped. Perhaps, I was just hallucinating but the reactions around me weren't any part of the hallucination.

"What the—?" I heard Harry mumble.

About twenty ghosts had just streamed through the back wall. Pearly-white and slightly transparent, they glided across the room talking to one another and hardly glancing at us. They seemed to be arguing. What looked like a fat little monk was saying;

"Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance—"

"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost—I say, what are you all doing here?"

A ghost wearing a ruff and tights had suddenly noticed us.

Nobody answered and I was so near to cursing Hades.

"New students!" said the Fat Friar, smiling around at us. "About to be Sorted, I suppose?"

A few people nodded mutely.

"Hope to see you in Hufflepuff!" said the Friar. "My old house, you know."

Then, one by one, the ghosts floated away through the opposite wall.

What in the Hades was that?

How come they were in mortal land? Weren't they supposed to be in the Underworld right now? In the Field of Asphodel or something?

"So, it's true, then?" a drawling voice echoed in the silent place.

I turned only to see a blonde-haired boy with an arrogant face and startling grey eyes, just like Annabeth's eyes.

"What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," he said, keeping his eyes on Harry.

There were whispers around us. I only had realized by now that this boy beside me was clearly famous. Not just because of what Ron and Hermione Granger had said, but because Harry really is famous.

The blonde-haired boy took a step up the stairs and smirked at Harry.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle," he said, inclining his head towards the two large boys behind him. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Ron sniggered. I was about to snigger myself when the blonde-haired boy pointedly looked at Ron, who immediately stopped laughing.

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours," he said, looking at Ron up and down. "Red hair and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley."

Ron grimaced.

Draco Malfoy turned to Harry again.

"You'll soon discover that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. No need to be making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

He reached out a hand for a handshake.

Harry stared at it before looking at Ron and then at me.

I stared at him back. I shook my head.

"Too arrogant," I said. "I don't like it."

"I think I can tell the wrong sort on my own, thanks," said Harry sassily.

I grinned proudly.

Malfoy turned to me.

"Excuse me? Who are you?"

"(Y/N) (L/N)." I said coldly yet confidently. I was about to say 'daughter of Apollo,' but I stopped myself and merely added; "And someone you wouldn't want to cross unless you wanted a sword and a dagger sticking out in your skull."

Malfoy's eyes narrowed as though scrutinizing me in every way. He opened his mouth to say something but he was stopped when Professor McGonagall arrived.

"Move along now," she said in a sharp voice. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start."

Malfoy went back to his original position while glaring at me. I glared back. I was not going to feel weak by a single wizard who doesn't know anything but boast.

"Now, form a line." Professor McGonagall told us. "And follow me."

"That was fantastic," Harry whispered in my ear as we followed Professor McGonagall.

"Honestly, (Y/N), that threat was scary," said Ron from behind Harry. "If I hadn't known that you don't have a sword and a dagger with you, I'd be really scared."

I laughed. If only they knew what I was keeping on my bracelet this whole time.

I never imagined such a strange and splendid place. The Great Hall was lit by thousands and thousands of candles, that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting.

It was a bit awkward having to walk in between the tables with all eyes following us. Given the fact that they were like a hundred of them and watched us as we halted in front of the professor's table.

I couldn't see how we were going to use the castle as our classroom and dormitories at the same time. It was just so huge. I have the feeling that I would be lost the moment I get out of this Great Hall.

"(Y/N), look up," said Harry.

I did look up and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. I wondered if it rains here.

"It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History." I heard Hermione Granger say.

Oh... So that explained it. Maybe, there was no way it could rain inside as well.

I quickly looked down again as Professor McGonagall silently placed a four-legged stool in front of us. On top of the stool was a pointed wizard's hat. It was patched, frayed and extremely dirty.

Now that I see it, I didn't know how were we going to get sorted into our Houses. Professor McGonagall didn't specify to us anything about it.

"How are we going to get sorted?" I asked Harry and Ron.

"I don't know," said Ron. "Fred and George said we're going to fight something."

"What?" Harry gasped, and I knew the reason why. He had no idea how to fight something with magic.

Meanwhile, I believe that I was confident in whatever it would be. Besides, if I couldn't use my wand, I surely could use my dagger, only if I was allowed.

For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth—and the hat began to sing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again.

Quite honestly, the song was catchy. As a daughter of the god of music, I could say that the song was well-rehearsed.

"So we've just got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to us. "I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll."

"Interesting way," I commented. "Way better than putting a god sign above our head."

"What did you say?" Ron asked.

"Nothing."

Harry smiled weakly. He seemed even more nervous.

I patted his shoulder and smiled.

"You'll do fine," I said.

His emerald eyes hit my blue ones and I felt the rapid pulses again.

"Now, before we start the ceremony, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words," said Professor McGonagall.

Everyone in the Great Hall turned their attention to the old man in the middle of the staff's table. I immediately knew that it was Professor Dumbledore because of the Chocolate Frog Card I had seen back on the Hogwarts Express.

"I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce." he began. "The first years please note that the forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch—" He gestured someone from the doors. "—would like me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to anyone who does not wish to die a most painful death."

I frowned. Most painful death? Does that mean there was something out there that could kill us all? The question was... what was that? A monster? A horde of skeletons from the Underworld?

"Thank you," he said and sat down on his chair.

Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said. "Abbott, Hannah!"

A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down. A moment pause—

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.

The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table. I even saw one of the ghosts, the Fat Friar, waving merrily at her.

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again, and Susan scuttled off to sit next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The table second from the left clapped this time. Several Ravenclaws stood up to shake hands with Terry as he joined them.

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers. I saw two red-headed boys on the Gryffindor table catcalling.

"Bulstrode, Millicent" then became a Slytherin.

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

I remained watching the sorting until—

"Granger, Hermione!"

Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head. I saw that she was that excited.

"GRYFFINDOR!" shouted the hat.

Ron groaned. "Oh no."

"Malfoy, Draco!"

I raised my eyebrows when Draco Malfoy strutted his way up the stool. I waited, although, I had an idea where the hat would place him.

The hat had barely touched his head when it screamed "SLYTHERIN!". Malfoy went to join his friends Crabbe and Goyle, looking pleased with himself.

Hah, I knew it.

There weren't many people left now.

"(L/N), (Y/N)!"

I almost jumped when I heard my name being called.

Ron slightly pushed me while Harry smiled in encouragement.

I glanced up at Professor McGonagall. She was smiling at me.

I breathed in and out. Okay, whatever it is, I will be okay.

I sat down on the stool as Professor McGonagall placed the hat on my head. The hat immediately obscured my eyesight. All I could see now was the blackness of the hat.

"I see... A demigod..."

I never had time to ask how the hat knew about that because the hat spoke again.

"You have a strong sense of justice and hard work... You could be Hufflepuff... Ah, there's the nerve and chivalry. Smart, very smart... Cunning, yes, mischievous, but... ah! Where to put you?"

Anything, I said in my head. Put me anywhere.

"Ah, demigod. Okay, then... you'll be in..." the hat said. "GRYFFINDOR!"

I heard loud claps from the Gryffindor table when the hat was removed. I looked up to Professor McGonagall again. She seemed happy. I didn't know. I just knew.

I walked past Harry and Ron, who both congratulated me before I went into an empty seat beside Hermione Granger.

I smiled at her and she did it back.

Harry was next after two more people. It took quite a while for him to be sorted, but he eventually went to Gryffindor. I almost got deaf when the whole of the Gryffindor table erupted with noise.

I gave Harry a high five the moment he sat down across me.

Later on, Ron was sorted in Gryffindor, making his siblings breathe in relief.

"Great job, Ron." said one of his siblings. I think it was Percy Weasley, according to what Ron said to us on the train.

Professor McGonagall finally rolled up her scroll, took the Sorting Hat away, and stalked off the front.

Professor Dumbledore told us that it was time to eat, and almost at once, different kinds of meat, fruits, and vegetables appeared on the table in front of us.

What in Zeus's name?

"Wow!" Ron mused and began attacking the plate of chicken legs.

I hesitated. I never had this kind of food in Camp Half-Blood. It was always barbequed meat, vegetables, and fruits. Nothing else.

And there was no fire for gods' offering. What in the Hades was I going to do?

"(Y/N)!" Harry called, making me look up at him. "Aren't you going to eat?"

I was so used to offering something to Apollo before eating. But I was hungry now, seeing as the food's smell began wafting my nose. Ah, well, I was sure Dad would understand.

I began grabbing some food for my plate. But before I took some, I whispered my Dad's name out of respect.

There was nothing like a wind brushing at me when I began eating. I guess Apollo wasn't offended at all.

As I turned to talk to some of the Gryffindors, I realized how wonderful it was to be here.

———

- 𝑦𝑎𝑛𝑔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1K 35
Percy finds out that he is a descendant from a very powerful dark wizard. And because he is the only person that is half demigod and half wizard, the...
114K 3.9K 44
Annabeth was expecting a normal end to summer. She was expecting to end the day with Percy and wait for her father to pick her up. What she got inste...
Astrapi By Belle

Fanfiction

1.5K 50 5
In which Seraphina Potter considers herself to be to worlds most screwed over half-blood in history. ------ "I hate you, you realize that right?" "Tr...
70.3K 2.3K 27
This is the second installation in the Percy Jackson and Harry Potter Crossover by yours truly, Raven. The first book is called Sorcerer's Stone whic...