Born to be mine [ON HOLD]

By miniARMY7

Skylar Leon is a well-known Soul-scientist specialising in soul-sickness visiting New York to find her soulma... More

Characters 1
Characters 2
Soulmate encyclopaedia
Chapter One: Headache
Chapter Two: First touch
Chapter Three: Angel
Chapter Five: Hospital
Chapter Six: NDA
Chapter Seven: Whole
Chapter Eight: The incident
Chapter Nine: Questions
Marks
Chapter Ten: First night
Chapter Eleven: Test results
Chapter Twelve: The Operation
A/N 💜
Chapter Thirteen: The day after
Chapter Fourteen: Interviews
Chapter Fifteen: Fix you
Chapter sixteen: Boxing
Chapter seventeen: Queen
Chapter Eighteen: Massage
A/N sorry not an update
Chapter Nineteen: Breakfast
Chapter Twenty: Photos

Chapter Four: Storytime

2.5K 107 17
By miniARMY7

When speaking;

"English"

"Korean"

Thoughts are always in the person's native language.

Skylar's pov

I feel so good right now. Like I am so much more. Maybe it's because I am bonded with more pieces of my soul. Five out of the nine soulmate marks are now coloured in. I wonder which one belongs to who.

While I was looking dreamily into Jimin's eyes the rest of the group followed us to the lounge area and sat down. Namjoon and Yoongi were sitting next to me on the couch. Looking around I see a very ticked-off Jungkook sitting on the other couch with a guy with the widest shoulders I have ever seen on a man. 

In the two chairs are the other two males. One has the biggest smile on his face, it almost lights up the room. The other is more reserved. He looks at me with a blank face as if he is not so sure of me yet. Which I understand, I mean he only met me 10 minutes ago.

"So you are one of our last two soulmates," he says with a black look.

"Yes, I am. And I am so happy to meet you all. You have no idea how long I have waited for this moment." I beam at him.

I want him to like me. I want all of them to like me. Of course, I do.

"Okay so tell us about yourself," he says with the same blank look on his face.

"Oh sure. My name is Skylar Leon, I am 29 years old. My mark is a snow leopard." I say while showing the back of my right hand, "I am quarter Korean, quarter English on my father's side, half American on my mother's. Was born in Canada, raised in America, but I live in London now. I am a scientist specialised in soul-science with 2 master's degrees and 3 PhDs. I also founded a company revolving around soul sicknesses. Maybe you have heard of it, Leon Souls Technology?" The whole room was very quiet.

"Holy shit she is fucking smart. Probably smarter than Namjoon," the guy with the big smile says. This makes most of the guys snicker.

"Agh thanks I guess. And who are you?" I ask him.

"I'm Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi or J-hope. My Soulmark is a red panda. Born in Gwangju on February 18th in 1994."

"Oh, so you just turned 26? Agh I missed your birthday," I say with a sad face.

"Yeah it was my birthday 2 days ago, but I'm 27 now," Hoseok says with a frown.

"Huh" - me

"Your international age is 26 Hoseok," Namjoon tells him.

"Oh right. But wait, does that mean that you were born in 1990?" - Hoseok

"No, I was born on January the 14th 1991." - me

"That makes you the oldest" The guy with the wide shoulders yells.

"Really! Now I feel old!" I pull a sad face which Jimin quickly covers with his cute hands and says "You look like the youngest to me Noona."

"Noona? Who is Noona?" I ask him, confused.

"It's an honorific in Hangul. 누나 sort of means older female. It's a sign of respect for his elders. It also shows that he feels close and familiar enough to use for addressing you." Namjoon explains to me.

"Oh okay I get it, I think. Thanks, Jimini for the compliment. You are adorable, love." I say, making him blush, "Okay so now I want to get to know the rest of you."

"Me first! My name is Seokjin, but you can call me Jin or worldwide handsome. Whichever you prefer," he says, blowing me a kiss. "My full name is Kim Seokjin. My Soulmark is a sugar glider and I was born in 1992 on the 4th of December. So I am 27 years old right now."

"Nice to meet you Jin. And I certainly see the worldwide handsome part" I complement with a wink, making his ears go slightly red.

"Well as you know I am Jungkook. Full name is Jeon Jungkook. My Soulmark is a tundra wolf. I was born in Busan on the 1st of September 1997. I am currently the youngest of our soul group. Though I, together with Hobi Hyung and Suga Hyung, are the most dominant of the group." Jungkook says confidently.

"Not anymore," Yoongi says.

"Wait who is Sugar hjong?" I ask very confused.

"I am. Suga is my stage name. And 형 (Hyung) is the male version of Noona." Yoongi explains.

This is making my head spin. I need to learn this language. Though shouldn't I already know it through the bond? I wonder...

"Why do you have stage names?" I ask.

"We are in a band. That's why we have a manager. Namjoon Hyung has RM as a stage name and Hoseok Hyung has J-hope," The last guy says to me.

Makes sense. I hope I can remember all of this. This is a lot of information, even for me. And I don't want to get this wrong.

"Is that why you have your own marks covered? Because you're making music? I heard that some musicians do that to not get tricked into believing a tattoo of their mark on a fan." I say, remembering the death of a YouTube singer that Jasmine loved who was shot by one of her fans who said he was her soulmate and asked for her autograph.

"Yeah precisely, to protect ourselves. I am Taehyung by the way. Family name is Kim. My stage name is V. Soulmark is a koala. Born in 1995 like Jimini. In Daegu like Yoongi Hyung." he says all this with a blank look.

It feels like he does not like me very much. I hope I can change that soon.

"Why do you look at me like that? Do you hate me or something?" I ask.

"I do not hate you, but I don't trust you yet. To do that I have to ask you something. If you answer correctly I will trust you and let you be my soulmate. If not then don't speak to me. Okay?"

Wow, this must be one hell of a question.

"Okay, what is your question?" - Skylar

"Do you love your soulmates?" - Taehyung

Wow, that is a very good question.

"That is a complicated question to answer, seeing as I have not bonded with all of you and the ones that I did bond with I just met today. My first bonded soulmate I love with everything that I have. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life and I would give my life for her. With you I think it is only a matter of time." my eyes sparkling like crazy, like they always do when talking about my bunny.

"I already feel protective about Jimin and Namjoon. And I am very fond of Yoongi already. So I think that my answer to that question is yes, but to a variable degree. I hope that I get to love you all as deeply as I do my Jasmine." I conclude.

The room is stunned into silence. I feel Jimin starting to sniffle softly on my lap and see tears in the eyes of Jungkook which he quickly blinks away.

Then the biggest smile appears on Taehyung's face and the rest of the men let out a heavy sigh.

"So are you gonna talk to me?" I ask him.

He jumps up, lifts Jimin off my lap and pulls me up.

The pulse is there again and I feel like I can completely trust him with everything. Very supportive and gentle. What a beautiful soul he has. The tingles flow through me and when I look into his eyes I see he is crying. His knees buckle and I pull him forward in a hug.

"You have such a beautiful soul, baby. Don't ever think I will not love you. It will never happen, okay?" I stroke his hair." God your hair is fluffy.

I pull back and kiss him on the nose. He then pulls away from me and sits back in his chair. When I sit back down Jimin climbs on my lap again, making me smirk a little.

"So you know our last soulmate!" Jungkook asks very enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I'm going to visit her this afternoon. We met when we were very young. She is sort of my sister." I say as I see the faces surrounding me turn into big question marks.

"What!?" - Jungkook

"Your sister!?!" - Yoongi

"How!?!" - Hoseok

"Okay, okay, calm down. Let me explain. My biological parents were not soulmates." I say.

This brings another round of shock to the boys, but I hold up my hands to stop the questions.

"Just let me tell you my story and if you have questions you can ask them after. Agreed?"

A round of 'okay' and 'sure' is heard.

"My parents were not soulmates, but they loved each other so much that they didn't care. They met at Harvard University and fell deeply in love, but after graduating and getting married they started to worry about their ages. My father, Jacob, was already 29, slowly getting soul-sickness and my mother, Alisa, was 28. They never met their soulmates so they wanted a chance to survive past the age of 30. So they had me. Fun fact I was born on their trip to Canada for their winter vacation with my mother's parents." I say, getting a little sidetracked.

"But anyway, it worked for them for over 7 years until my mother suddenly died. My father and I were devastated." I say fighting back the tears that always come when talking about my mother's death.

"We're so sorry for your loss," Taehyung says with sorrow-filled eyes. My bonded soulmates beside me move closer to me on the couch and start to hug me from all sides. I can feel comfort flowing from Jimin's touch.

I wonder if that is his soul-power. I have to ask him and the others about their powers.

"Thank you," I say before continuing with my story. "My father was too busy with work to raise me alone so he decided that we should move closer to his parents so they could help. So we moved to London, England. Then when the soulmate registries were combined in February of 2002 because of the European Union soulmate act my father found out his soulmate, Nicole Les Croix was living in the Netherlands so we arranged to meet. We found that she had a daughter too, a 3-year-old named Jasmine (or Jasmijn in Dutch)." I'm starting to smile just thinking about her.

"Jasmine's father, Marco de Wild, was killed in a car accident 3 months after Jasmine's birth, the same day my mother died. Turned out that my mother and her father were soulmates and when he died in the accident my mom died too because of the soul-death. Because Nicole was barely making ends meet raising Jasmine alone, they decided that Nicole and Jasmine should move in with us. My father and her mother got married and in doing so Jasmine became my step-sister." I conclude.

"Wow that's quite a story," said Jimin. All the boys were still processing.

"When did you find out you were soulmates?" asks Seokjin.

"We were always very close throughout our childhoods, some say we were even closer than sisters should be. I was very protective and sometimes even possessive of Jas. When I got my soulmarks when I turned 12 that only grew more intense. I didn't see her as just my sister anymore, and that confused me for the longest time. I mean she was only 4. What 12-year-old is in love with her 4-year-old stepsister?" I see Hoseok smile at that. Some of the others snicker a little.

"When she got her marks at 16 we finally understood. By chance, we bonded as soon as she got her marks. I was staying at our parent's house because it would be her birthday the next day. She got in my bed during the night, because she had a nightmare about becoming a Soulless, seeing as it was the last night of her last marking year." Jungkook nodded very understandingly at that.

I wonder if he was scared of becoming a Soulless too.

"She woke me up the next morning standing next to the bed all excited. So when I opened my eyes and looked into hers we knew. She bowed and I pulled her back onto the bed and kissed her for the first time. She was so shy, she turned all pink" I say with the biggest smile, remembering her face. I look around the room and see all my soulmates smiling back at me. And then I saw the clock hanging on the wall.

Fuck it's already half past twelve!

"Oh shit, I have to go!" I exclaim with a slight bit of panic in my voice, scaring Jimin a little.

"What! Why?" Jungkook asked with worry in his eyes.

"Fuck I need to hurry. Visiting hours are starting soon." I stand up, put Jimin in my spot and run around the room collecting my phone, wallet and keycard and toss them in my handbag.

The boys look at me with clear confusion in their eyes.

"Where are you going? We haven't even connected yet!" Seokjin asks with a big pout on his face.

"I need to go to the hospital to visit Jasmine. I can only go to her room during visiting hours. At home, I can go whenever I want, but I can't do that here. So I need to go now because visiting hours start at 1 o'clock and I don't like being late. Especially when it comes to my little bunny." I say

"She is in the hospital!" - Taehyung

"Is she hurt?" - Seokjin

"Can we come?" Yoongi asks, already standing up.

"If it's up to me, of course, you can come, but don't you guys have things to do? For your band and stuff?" I ask

"We would have to ask manager Sejin about it," Namjoon says to the group.

"Okay sure, but can you hurry? It's about a 15-minute drive so I want to leave as soon as possible." I say, walking to the hallway of my suite to get my coat.

"I'll call him now," Namjoon says, pulling out his phone and hitting the speed dial.

⋘⋙⋘⋙⋘⋙⋘⋙

Wordcount: 2396

A/N I had some problems with uploading last time. For some reason, all the chapters were out of order. So I tried to fix it. I hope it worked... For me it has, but if it is still a mess on your end, please let me know...

What do you think so far?

Who do you think she will bond with next?

Thank you for reading my story ❤️

⋘⋙⋘⋙⋘⋙⋘⋙

Edited 03/05/2022: Some small additions and only aesthetical and grammatical changes.

Edited 21/07/2022: Only aesthetical and grammatical changes.

Edited 17/10/2022: Only aesthetical and grammatical changes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 4.8K 70
This is the sequel to "With The First Kiss * A BTS Reverse Harem" I recommend to read that one first. But you could read it as a stand alone if you...
1.5M 62K 177
The year someone turns 18 they have the opportunity to be injected with a serum that will produce a soulmate mark somewhere on their body. This seru...
13.3K 536 17
In a world where everyone has a soulmate, soulmate groups are nothing extraordinary. Everyone gets a soulmark at the age of ten to prepare for the aw...
98.5K 4.6K 52
Soulmates. Will you find yours and hope shows up in the form of a medication intended to help people find their own true match. Hope at last! Or not...