Son Of Darkness

De Jahsizzlv2

Being the spawn of the primordial embodiment of darkness and chaos does something to a kid growing up. I was... Mais

Confront
What doesn't kill
Return
Return II
On The Path
Ankus Born
Learning
The Arena Life

Leaving The Landing

6 0 0
De Jahsizzlv2

I looked away as Aleru rose from the bed, her beautiful figure drawing my eyes. She soon took note and blushed.

"Look away or get out." She said in response to me, her voice relaying a flustered state. She had went over to her wardrobe and began to pull out some articles of clothing.

"Sorry sorry " I said throwing his hands up in mock surrender. Turning away from her, I heard her light gown hit the floor.

Damn hearing.

Jasmine stood still. Like a doll propped up on a shelf. Her eyes had a eerily glassed over look. Her grey eyes wide and expressive.

The quaesitor, whom Jasmine had informed me she'd named Yves, was on my shoulder now. Sitting calmly.

"What did you come here to do Jasmine?" Aleru spoke as she came to my side. Now dressed in the traveling garbs she'd acquired when we arrived here. A olive green light coat was button up to the middle of her chest. Her pants were of a similar shade and hugged her form well. A few pouches of herbs hung from her waist in small ruckbags.

She had a sweet smell, her hair was now in a fringed ponytail.

"I was tasked with bringing him to my family. Some of the staunchest opposition to your father still remaining." Jasmine responded. Now that I was closer to her, weird lines decorated her face. Two going down from her eyes to her lips. More from the ends of her mouth down under her chin.

"What happened to the rest?" I asked, extending my arm so that Yves could leap and return to his caretaker. He seemed happy nesting on her head.

"I'll explain to you on the way. We must make our departure. "  She responded, her voice still sounding jovial. She turned, exiting the room and now standing in the hall.

Aleru had gathered her stuff and had her travel bag ready on her back.

Following her lead, I entered the hall. The inn was dead at this time as there was no raucous banter down below us.

Realizing I had to get my stuff from the room, I crossed the hall. Sliding the key into the lock, before turning and pushing I entered.

The only things of import were the silver crowns I would use to pay the keeper and a single vial of ichor.

Quickly pocketing the money I looked over the vial. It smell alluring to my eyes and nose.

"So where are we headed?" I said over my shoulder, sliding the vial away. The light shone through the opened window lighting the room ambiently.

"My home, located on the outskirts of gladiatorial City of Ankus. " came Jasmine jovial reply.

I'd heard of Ankus, been through the town a few times on hunts. Stopping for supplies. The town radiating a oppressive and deathly air.

Seemingly the only beings who inhabited the place were the gladiators, if even not for long. Cart loads constantly brought and walked in. Races mingling without consent.

"That's a few days from here. Walking that is. Don't suppose you have a better way of traveling there?" Aleru said, her voice tinted in an unfamiliar tone.

Jasmine smiled. Her eyes closed. Her stark white teeth exposed.

Leaving the room. I locked the door. Nodding towards the odd girl. She began to walk down the long hall to the stair well. Me and Aleru followed close behind, exchanging a skeptical look with one another.

Reaching the bottom of the steps, I looked for the inn keeper. Richard was his name if I remember correctly. Walking towards him, I layed down my key and Aleru did the same with her's.

With my other hand I put the crowns I'd reserved for payment in his hand. He smiled gratefully, nodding. He had short cut hair, the center thinning noticeably.

Jasmine stood by the door out, nuzzling against Yves on her shoulder. I walked past her, trailed closely by Aleru.

Stood in the main pebbled street of the town and taking a majority of the path up was a stagecoach. Bigger than the ones of the nobles I'd ever. It's monotone colors matching the adornments of our guide. The horses attached to the reins of the carriage were still. Both a similar grey hue, seemingly frozen in motion.

The left on tapped its hooves. It's feet hovering over the ground as if suspended. The right was up on its hind legs, stood in a pose reminiscent of a statue.

Jasmine stepped in front of me, scanning the coach. Raising her hand, a single snap echoed. The sound seemed to reverberate through both horses. They soon began to move again. Reawakened by the girl's return.

"Calx and Saxum. Good evening sweethearts." Jasmine said calmly to the agitated horses. Their eyes glowing a warm orange. Jasmine stood in front of the massive steeds. Her hands rubbing eachs muzzle to a calmed effect.

A small crowd gathered now, many people looking out of the windows of their surrounding buildings.

With the horses now returned to a relaxed and ready position, the doll like maestro directed us into the coach. Opening the door, I held it as Aleru pulled herself up.

Opening the adjacent door, Jasmine entered as well. I hoisted myself in and looked around. The interior of the coach was massive, almost appearing more so than the exterior.

Taking a seat next to Aleru, her eyes scouring the coach as well. She gave me a quick glance and smile. Sunlight painted her face, a soft light from her rosy cheeks. The metal of her earrings reflective. Her amber eyes beautiful.

The general shape of them was more human like, rounded and small. A small ridge was the only marker of an elven parent.

She was unsure which of her parents was, and didn't seem to care. Her parentage didn't really seem to concern her. I was confident that even if she had the chance to figure out she wouldn't.

Jasmine sat across from us. She was laying lengthwise along the chair. Yves on her chest comfortable.

As soon as she was settled, the coach began to move. The hard trotting of the horses reverberated loudly. Pebbled road shaking the cart unevenly.

"Who wiped out my father's opposition? You said that your family is some of the only remaining resistance. " I asked, eyes trained on the girl adjacent to me. Her eyes were closed and she smiled still. But she still uttered a response.

"His Sons."

Confusion rose in me. Siblings? I used to consider Aleru my sister, everyone in the orphanage was of some relation do me. Now I didn't see her in that light. Doesn't mean she was any less important to me.

"How many of them are there?" Aleru asked, beating me to the question.

"Mmmm let me see" Jasmine said holding her fingers up. Her mouth moved as she lifted fingers up and down. Counting. This went on for a few moments before she finally stopped.

"71. Including those who are no longer alive. "

I froze. The message my father had said after our last encounter returned to me. His declaration of sending a worthy host now made sense.

"One of them is after me." I said looking between my childhood friend and my new acquaintance.

"What?" Aleru said, confusions tainting her voice. Her eyes looked to me, worry evident as they widened.  "How do you know Uri?"

"My breakdown last night, he was speaking to me. He told me someone was coming. To take this back. " I held my hand over the patch. My teeth grinder in response to the memories of last night.

Jasmine gave a slow nod. Confirming what had been said to me.

"Who is he? I said looking at Jasmine. She knew these things. I needed to know what I was going to be up against.

"He has a few names. The most concerning being Kirunvroder."  A unnatural seriousness in her tone as she said the name.

"What does it mean Jasmine?" came Alerus voice. Concern easy to decipher. I felt her hand on mine now. Unsure if it was meant to comfort me or her. Most likely an attempt at both.

"The Brother Slayer. 7th Prince of Darkness. His name in Antiquity is Aamon. One of your father's eldest and strongest enforcers. He's responsible for killing the other two prior half-born sons of your father. Shan and Botus. " She continued. The seriousness still prevalent.

The demon Amon

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

34K 2.4K 42
people read the book trust me on this one
315K 7.5K 66
Amazing cover by Anel_Graphics Gabriella De'Luca is a cold fifteen year old girl, who has had to go through extreme hardships everyday of her life. C...
8.1K 1.5K 14
උබ වැරදි කෙනා එක්ක පැටලුනේ ආයුත්..අයේ උබට මගෙ එක බැල්මකින්වත් ගැලවෙන්න බෑ.......මං ඕනේ එකෙක්ගෙ ලේ හොල්ලන්න දෙපාරක් හිත්නැ...ඒත් මට ..උබට ඒදේ..කරන්න හ...
97.3K 5.2K 33
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်