Supernatural (Sam Winchester...

By SlinkyDogg

After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in an... More

Prologue: The Winchester Boys And Their Little Friend Too!
We Got Work To Do
Wendigo
Dead In The Water
Phantom Traveler
Bloody Mary
Skin
Hook Man
Home
Asylum
Scarecrow
Faith
Route 666
Nightmare
The Benders
Shadow
Hell House
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Provenance
Dead Man's Blood
Salvation
Devil's Trap
In My Time Of Dying
Everybody Loves A Clown
Bloodlust
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Simon Said
No Exit
The Usual Suspects
Crossroad Blues
Croaton
Hunted
Playthings
Night Shifter
Houses Of The Holey
Heart
Born Under A Bad Sign
Tall Tales
Roadkill
Hollywood Babylon
Folsom Prison Blues
What Is And Should Never Be
Be Careful What You Wish For
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 1
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2
How To Girlfriend 101
The Magnificent Seven
The Kids Are Alright
Bad Day At Black Rock
Sin City
Bedtime Stories
Red Sky At Morning
Fresh Blood
A Very Supernatural Christmas
Malleus Maleficarum
Dream A Little Dream For Me
An Asexual Tries To Write Smut
I Love You Like A Cheesy Love Song
Mystery Spot
Jus In Bello
Ghostfacers!
Long-Distance Call
Time Is On My Side
No Rest For The Wicked
4 Months = 40 Years In Hell
Lazarus Rising
Gripped You Tight & Raised You From Perdition
Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
In The Beginning: (Name) Edition
Metamorphosis
Monster Movie
Yellow Fever
It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
Wishful Thinking
I know What You Did Last Summer
Heaven And Hell
Family Remains
Criss Angel Is A Douche Bag
After School Special
Sex And Violence
Death Takes A Hoilday
On The Head Of A Pin
It's A Terrible Life
Cubicle Boy & Mail Girl
The Monster At The End Of This Book
Jump The Shark
The Rapture
When The Levee Breaks
Lucifer Raising
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
Sympathy For The Devil
Good God, Y'all
Free To Be You And Me
The End
Fallen Idols
I Believe The Children Are Our Future
The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester
Changing Channels
The Real Ghostbusters
Abandoned All Hope
Sam, Interrupted
I'm (Not) Fine
The Song Remains The Same
My Bloody Valentine
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Dark Side Of The Moon
99 Problems
Point Of No Return
Hammer Of Gods
The Devil You Know
Two Minutes To Midnight
Before You Go
Swan Song
Bring Back What Once Was Mine
Epilogue Part 1: Figuring Out How To Be Normal
Epilogue Part 2: Dean's Happily Ever After
Epilogue Part 3: To New Beginnings
Epilogue Part 4: My Angel
Epilogue Part 5: Laters, Gators
Bonus: The French Mistake
Bonus: Scoobynatural
What If (Name) Was In The Coma Instead
Alternate Confession Scene
Supernatural Memes I Made

Bugs

3.2K 100 39
By SlinkyDogg

Sam was reading the newspaper I gave him, which was about some poor construction guy that died in a hole. A minute later, Dean comes outside, laughing and waving a wad of cash in the air. "You know, we could get day jobs once in a while." Sam said to him. "Hunting's our day job. And the pay is crap." Dean replied. "Wait... we're supposed to be getting paid for this?" I asked, jokingly.

"Yeah, but hustling pool? Credit card scams? It's not the most honest thing in the world, guys." Sam said. "Well, let's see honest." Dean said, holding out one hand. "Fun and easy." He said, then holds out the other, and gestures that 'fun and easy' outweighs 'honest'. "It's no contest. Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do." He said.

"Yeah, well, how we were raised was jacked." Sam remarked. "Yeah, says you. We got a new gig or what?" Dean asked. "Maybe. Oasis Plains, Oklahoma... not far from here. A gas company employee, Dustin Burwash, supposedly died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob." I replied.

"Huh?" Dean asked, confused. "Human mad cow disease." Sam clarified for him. "Mad cow. Wasn't that on Oprah?" Dean asked, Sam and I looked at him surprised. "You watch Oprah?" Sam asked, Dean looks embarrassed.

"So this guy eats a bad burger. Why is it our kind of thing?" He asked, changing the topic. "Mad cow disease causes massive brain degeneration. It takes months, even years, for the damage to appear. But this guy, Dustin? Sounds like his brain disintegrated in about an hour. Maybe less." Sam explained looking at the newspaper.

"Okay, that's weird." Dean said. "Yeah. Now, it could be a disease. Or it could be something much nastier." I said. "All right. Oklahoma." Dean said as we got in the car. "Man. Work, work, work. No time to spend my money."

We drove to Oklahoma, pulling up to the the Gas and Power Company building. We got out of the car and approach a man standing outside. "Travis Weaver?" Sam called out to him. "Yeah, that's right." He said, turning to us.

"Are you the Travis who worked with Uncle Dusty?" Dean asked. "Dustin never mentioned any nephews or a niece." Travis said, looking between us. "Really? Well, he sure mentioned you. He said you were the greatest." Dean said. "Yeah." Sam said, while nodded. Travis smiles, flattered. "Oh, he did? Huh."

"Listen, we wanted to ask you... what exactly happened out there?" I asked. "I'm not sure. He fell in a sinkhole, I went to the truck to get some rope, and, uh... by the time I got back..." He said, trailing off and not wanting to continue.

"What did you see?" I asked. "Nothing. Just Dustin." He replied. "No wounds or anything?" Sam asked. "Well, he was bleeding... from his eyes and his ears, his nose. But that's it." Travis said. "So you think it could be this whole mad cow thing?" Dean asked, curious.

"I don't know. That's what the doctors are saying." Travis said. "But if it was, he would've acted strange beforehand, like dementia, loss of motor control. You ever notice anything like that?" I asked.

"No. No way. But then again, if it wasn't some disease, what the hell was it?" He asked, looking between us. "That's a good question." Dean said. "You know, can you tell us where this happened?" I asked, Travis nodded. "Yeah."

A little later, we arrive at the scene of Dustin's death. The sinkhole was surrounded by police tape. "Huh. What do you think?" Dean asked us. "I don't know. But if that guy, Travis, was right, it happened pretty damn fast." I said.

We duck under the police tape and look into the hole with a flashlight. "So, what? Some sort of creature chewed on his brain?" Dean asked. "No, there'd be an entry wound. Sounds like this thing worked from the inside." Sam said.

"Huh. Looks like there's only room for one. You wanna flip a coin?" Dean asked us. "Dean, we have no idea what's down there." Sam said. "All right, I'll go if you're scared. You scared?" Dean asked, picking up nearby coil of rope.

"Flip the damn coin." Sam growled, Dean chuckles and takes a coin out of his pocket. "All right, call it in the air... chicken." He said, flipping the coin and Sam catches it in midair. "I'm going." He said. "I said I'd go." Dean said, sparking up a fight between them.

"Boys boys! Stop arguing. I'll go." I said, getting them to stop and look at me, surprised. "You sure?" Dean asked me, Sam then shook his head. "No. Bad idea. I'm going." He said, taking the rope from his brother. "All right." Dean said, giving him a look. Sam begins tying the rope around his waist. "Don't drop me." He said, going down into the sinkhole.

After coming back up, Sam examined a dead beetle in his hand, as Dean drives around the new neighborhood. "So you found some beetles. In a hole, in the ground. That's shocking, Sam." Dean said, sarcastically.

"There were no tunnels, no tracks. No evidence of any other kind of creature down there. You know, some beetles do eat meat. Now, it's usually dead meat, but..." Sam said, trailing off. "How many did you find down there?" I asked. "Ten." He replied.

"It'd take a whole lot more than that to eat out some dude's brain." Dean said. "Well, maybe there were more." I suggested. "I don't know, it sounds like a stretch to me." Dean said. "Well, we need more information on the area, the neighborhood. Whether something like this has ever happened before." Sam said.

As we drive through the neighborhood, I saw sign for an open house, decorated with red balloons. "What?" Sam asked and I turn to see Dean looking at another sign. "I know a good place to start." He replied. Another sign reads, 'Models Open. New Buyers' BBQ Today!'

"I'm kinda hungry for a little barbeque, how 'bout you two?" Dean asked us, Sam gives him a knowing look. "What, we can't talk to the locals?" Dean asked. "And the free food's got nothing to do with it?" Sam asked. "Of course not. I'm a professional." Dean replied. I smile and shook my head while Sam scoff. "Right." Sam said.

We pull over and got out of the car, walking down the street to the open house. "Growing up in a place like this would freak me out." Dean said. "Why?" I asked. "Well, manicured lawns, 'How was your day, honey?' I'd blow my brains out." Dean grumbled. "There's nothing wrong with normal." Sam told him. "I'd take our family over normal any day." Dean said.

I look down the line of almost identical houses. Sometimes I wonder what would have happen if my parents weren't killed. Or maybe even what would happen if only my father was killed. Would I have had a normal life? What kind of person would I even be?

Anytime I think about it, I come back to the thought of knowing without my hunter life, I'd probably wouldn't have met Sam and Dean. And that's a life I rather not live.

We approach the house and knock on the door. The door is soon swung open by the homeowner. "Welcome." He greeted us, cheerfully. "This the barbeque?" Dean asked him. "Yeah, not the best weather, but... I'm Larry Pike, the developer here. And you are...?" He asked.

"Dean. This is Sam and (Name)." Dean introduced us as we shake hands with Larry. "Sam, Dean, (Name) good to meet you. So, you three are interested in Oasis Plains?" Larry asked. "Yes, sir." Dean replied, nodding.

"Let me just say... we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color, or... sexual orientation." Larry said, look between us. Sam and Dean realize what he is trying to say and look appalled.

"We're brothers." Dean said, before throwing his arm over my shoulder and pulling me closer to him. I stumbled over my own feet, surprised. "I'm actually with her." Dean said, grinning nonchalantly. I look at him startled. "Right honey?" He asked, turning his head to look at me with a smug smile and raising his eyebrows.

I pressed my lips together tense and look at Larry, mustering up a tight smile and nodding. Larry seems slightly embarrassed. I glance at Sam, who was eyeing Dean with a stern glare. When he notice I was looking at him, he quickly looked away.

"Our father is getting on in years, and we're just looking for a place for him." Sam said to Larry, sounding a little grumpy all of a sudden. "Great, great. Well, seniors are welcome, too. Come on in." Larry said and he took us outside to the backyard.

There are lots of people walking around, chatting and eating. "You said you were the developer?" Sam asked him. "Eighteen months ago, I was walking this valley with my survey team. There was nothing here but scrub brush and squirrels. And you know what, we built such a nice place to live that I actually bought into it myself. This is our house. We're the first family in Oasis Plains." Larry explained.

We walk over to a woman. "This is my wife, Joanie." Larry told us. "Hi there." Joanie said, smiling at us. "Hi." Dean said as they shake hands. "Hi, nice to meet you." She said. "Sam, Dean, and (Name)." Larry introduced us. "Sam." The younger Winchester said, as he shakes Joanie's hand. "(Name)." I said, shaking her hand as well. "Pleasure." She said.

"Tell them how much you love the place, honey. And lie if you have to because I need to sell some houses." Larry said to his wife. "Right." Joanie said and they laugh. "Boys, young lady, will you excuse me?" Larry said, seeming upset as he leaves. "Don't let his salesman routine scare you. This really is a great place to live." Joanie said.

A very energetic woman, approaches us. "Hi, I'm Lynda Bloome, head of sales." The woman greeted us. "And Lynda was second to move in. She's a very noisy neighbor, though." Joanie teased, before she leaves as well.

Lynda laughs. "She's kidding, of course. I take it you three are interested in becoming homeowners." She said. "Well..." Dean said. "Y-yeah, well..." Sam said. "Sort of." I said. "Well, let me just say that we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color, or... sexual orientation." Lynda said, Dean chuckles.

"Right. Um... I'm gonna go talk to Larry." Dean said, pointing back towards the house with his thumbs. He then looks at Sam and I. "Okay, honeys?" He asked, walking away and smacking Sam and I on our butts. I frown in discomfort, while Sam jerks his head to look at his brother, then turns back to look at Lynda. Sam, Lynda, and I all share an awkward silence.

Lynda went on and on with her sales pitch. "Who can say no to a steam shower? I use mine everyday." She said. "Sounds great." Sam said, uninterested. "I'm pretty sure most people use their showers every day." I mumbled to Sam, who snigger.

While Lynda continues talking, Sam and I notices a tarantula crawling towards her hand, which is resting on a table. A few feet away, was a young boy, was watching excitedly. "Excuse me." Sam said, pushing Lynda out of the way and picks up the spider, bringing it over to the boy. "Is this yours?" He asked as I came over as well.

"You gonna tell my dad?" He asked, taking the spider back. "I don't know. Who's your dad?" I asked him, the boy scoff. "Yeah, Larry usually skips me in the family introductions." He said. "Ouch. First name basis with the old man sounds pretty grim." Sam said.

"Well, I'm not exactly brochure material." The boy said. "Well, hang in there. It gets better, all right? I promise." Sam said. "When?" The boy asked, in disbelief. "Matthew." We turn to see Larry and Dean walking towards us. "I am so sorry about my son and his... pet." Larry said to Sam and I.

"It's no bother." Sam said. "Excuse us." Larry said and he walks away with his son. "Remind you of somebody?" Sam asked his brother, who looks over at Larry yelling at his son. He looks back at Sam, confused. "Dad?" Sam said.

"Dad never treated us like that." Dean said. "Well, Dad never treated you like that. You were perfect. He was all over my case. You don't remember?" Sam asked. "Well, maybe he had to raise his voice, but sometimes, you were out of line." Dean replied.

Sam scoffs. "Right. Right, like when I said I'd rather play soccer than learn bowhunting." He said. "Bowhunting's an important skill." Dean said, Sam rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He muttered.

"How was your tour?" I asked Dean, changing this subject. "Oh, it was excellent. I'm ready to buy." He said, making Sam and I laugh. "So you might be onto something. Looks like Dustin Burwash wasn't the first strange death around here." He said

"What happened?" Sam asked. "About a year ago, before they broke ground, one of Larry's surveyors dropped dead while on the job. Get this severe allergic reaction to bee stings." Dean explained. "More bugs." Sam and I said in unison. "More Bugs." Dean said, nodding.

Later at night, Sam was driving through the neighborhood, while Dean looks through their father's journal. "You know, I've heard of killer bees, but killer beetles? What is it that could make different bugs attack?" Dean asked

"Well, hauntings sometimes include bug manifestations." Sam replied. "Yeah, but I didn't see any evidence of ghost activity." Dean said. "Yeah, me neither." Sam said.

"Same here. Maybe they're being controlled somehow. You know, by something or someone." I said. "You mean, like Willard?" Sam asked, glancing up at the rearview mirror to look at me. "Yeah, bugs instead of rats." I said. "There are cases of psychic connections between people and animals... elementals, telepaths." Sam said.

"Yeah, that whole Timmy-Lassie thing." Dean said, before pausing for a moment. "Larry's kid... he's got bugs for pets." He then said. "Matt?" Sam asked. "Yeah." Dean replied. "He did try to scare the realtor with a tarantula." I pointed out. "You think he's our Willard?" Dean asked. "I don't know. Anything's possible, I guess." Sam said, shrugging .

"Ooh, hey. Pull over here." Dean said, pointing at the house. Sam pulls into the empty driveway of one of the Oasis Plains homes. "What are we doing here?" He asked. "It's too late to talk to anybody else." Dean said, getting out of the car.

"We're gonna squat in an empty house?" Sam asked as Dean opens the garage door. "I wanna try the steam shower. Come on." Dean replied, but Sam didn't move the car. "Come on!" Dean whispered shouted at him.

Sam looks back at me and I merely shrugged. I mean we do need a place to stay for the night. Reluctantly, Sam pulls the car into the garage and Dean closes it.

3rd Person P.O.V
Later into the night, Sam was setting up the police scanner. (Name) laid on the floor across the room, using her duffel bag as a pillow and her jacket as a blanket. Dean was already trying out the shower upstairs.

As Sam fiddles with the police scanner, he heard (Name) shift in her sleep. He stops and looks over at her, seeing her trembling from the cold. One jacket doesn't do much against the cold air in a unheated house.

Sam stood and walk over to (Name) taking off his coat. He crouches down next to her and lays his coat over her, covering her up. (Name) stop shivering and relaxes, a little smile grew on her lips. Sam smiles at her and gently patted her shoulder before going back to the setting up the scanner.

(Name's) P.O.V
I woke up to the sound of the police scanner, as a another death is called in. I open my eyes just in time to catch Sam leaving the room and heading up stairs, where the sound of the shower is coming from.

I sat up rubbing my eye tiredly, only to quickly freeze when I notice I had Sam's coat with me. Wha... where the heck did this come from?! Do I sleep walk... or sleep steal? Is that even possible?!

"Morning." I heard Sam say as he re-enter the room, making me jump. "Oh uh... m-morning Sam." I said, looking at him and flashing a awkward smile. "Sleep well?" He asked. "Y-yeah I did actually. But uh..." I replied and nervously grab his coat, holding it up. "How did this...?" I started to asked.

"Oh you were cold last night. So I put my jacket on you to warm you up." He said. I look at him surprised, slowly lowering the coat. Damnit Sam! You can't be doing this sweet gentleman stuff when I'm trying to get over you!

But as frustrated as I was by my own emotions, one look at his jacket in my lap and those damn butterfly feelings return. I'll never get over him at this rate.

I stood up walking over to Sam, handing him back his coat. "Thanks Sam." I said, hoping he doesn't notice my blush. Sam smiles at me and takes his jacket back "Anytime." He said.

We pull up to the house and got out of the car, approaching Larry, who is finishing talking to someone on the phone. A body is being carried out in a body bag on a stretcher. "Hello. You're, uh, back early." Larry said, greeting us.

"Yeah, we just drove in, wanted to take another look at the neighborhood." Dean said. "What's going on?" I asked. "You guys met, uh... Lynda Bloome at the barbeque?" Larry asked us. "The realtor." Sam said and Larry nods. "Well, she, uh... passed away last night." He said.

We look at him shocked by this. "What happened?" Dean asked. "I'm still trying to find out. Identified the body for the police. Look, I-I'm sorry, this isn't a good time now." Larry replied, distraught.

"It's okay." Sam said. "Excuse me." Larry said and he walks away. "You know what we have to do, right?" Dean asked us. "Yeah. Get in that house." Sam replied. "See if we got a bug problem." I said. A few minutes later, we climb over the fence, up the side of the house, and through Lynda's bedroom window.

The outline of her dead body is drawn on the carpet. "This looks like the place." Dean said and we walk over to another part of the room. Dean picks up a towel and drops it when he sees it is covered in dead spiders. "Spiders. From Spider Boy?" He asked Sam and I. "Matt... maybe." Sam replied.

Later in the afternoon, we pull up at the curb in the Impala. Across the street, Matt gets off a school bus and begins walking. "Isn't his house that way?" Dean asked, pointing in the opposite direction. "Yup." Sam replied. "So where's he going?" I asked, leaning froward in the backseat to get a closer look.

We got out of the car and follow Matt, finding him in the woods, examining a grasshopper. "Hey, Matt. Remember us?" Sam asked him, Matt look between Sam and I then Dean, cautiously. "What are you doing out here?" He asked. "Well, we wanna talk to you." Dean replied.

"You're not here to buy a house, are you?" Matt then asked, Dean shakes his head. "W-wait. You're not serial killers?" He then asked next, nervous. The boys and I laugh. "No, no. No, I think you're safe." Sam assured him. "So, Matt... you sure know a lot about insects." I said.

"So?" Matt asked, shrugging. "Did you hear what happened to Lynda, the realtor?" I asked him. "I hear she died this morning." He replied, Dean nodded. "Mm, that's right. Spider bites." He said. "Matt... you tried to scare her with a spider." Sam said, causing Matt to look scared again. "Wait. You think I had something to do with that?" He asked.

"You tell us." Dean replied. "That tarantula was a joke. Anyway, that wouldn't explain the bee attack or the gas company guy." Matt said. "You know about those?" I asked. "There is something going on here. I don't know what... but something's happening with the insects. Let me show you something." Matt said and he picks up his backpack and beings walking to another area, with us following.

"So, if you knew about all this bug stuff, why not tell your dad? Maybe he could clear everybody out." Sam said, striking up a conversation. "Believe me, I've tried. But, uh, Larry doesn't listen to me." Matt replied. "Why not?" Sam asked him. "Mostly? He's too disappointed in his freak son." The boy said.

Sam scoffs. "I hear you." He said. "You do?" Dean asked him. Sam turns and gives him a look. "Matt, how old are you?" I asked, trying to avoid another argument between the two. "Sixteen." Matt replied. "Well, don't sweat it, because in two years, something great's gonna happen." Sam said. "What?" Matt asked. "College. You'll be able to get out of that house and away from your dad." Sam told him.

"What kind of advice is that? Kid should stick with his family." Dean said, Sam sighs and glares at him. "How much further, Matt?" I asked, getting nervous at this building tension between the boys. "We're close." He replied. Sam glares at Dean one more time before he continues walking.

A few moments later, we reach a large clearing. The sounds of hundreds of different insects can be heard among the trees. "I've been keeping track of insect populations. It's, um, part of an AP science class." Matt said. "You two are like peas in a pod." Dean said to Sam, who ignores him.

"What's been happening?" Sam asked Matt. "A lot. I mean, from bees to earthworms, beetles... you name it. It's like they're congregating here." He explained. "Why?" I asked. "I don't know." Matt replied. "What's that?" Sam asked, pointing to a dark patch of grass a few feet away.

Curious, we walk over to it and discover hundreds of worms. Dean steps on some of them, and they fall into the ground, creating a hole. He crouches down and uses a stick to poke around in the hole. "There's something down there." He said, tossing the stick aside and puts his hand into the hole.

With a disgusted expression, he Dean something inside the hole. He brings his hand back up, and we all look horrified. Covered in dirt and worms, is a human skull.

We pull up outside the local university and got out of the car. I grab the box of bones out from the backseat and head towards the building with the boys. "So, a bunch of skeletons in an unmarked grave." Sam said. "Yeah. Maybe this is a haunting. Pissed off spirits? Some unfinished business?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, maybe. Question is, why bugs? And why now?" I asked. "That's two questions." Dean joked, I groan rolling my eyes. He then glances to his brother. "Yeah, so with that kid back there... why'd you tell him to just ditch his family like that?" He asked.

"Just, uh... I know what the kid's going through." Sam replied. "How 'bout telling him to respect his old man, how's that for advice?" Dean asked. "Dean, come on." Sam said and we stop walking. "This isn't about his old man. You think I didn't respect Dad. That's what this is about." He continue to say.

God, why do they gotta keep having conversations like these right in front of me. It's so goddamn awkward!

"Just forget it, all right? Sorry I brought it up." Dean said, turning away. "I respected him. But no matter what I did, it was never good enough." Sam said, getting more and more upset. "So what are you saying? That Dad was disappointed in you?" Dean asked, turning back to look at him. "Was? Is. Always has been." Sam replied.

"Why would you think that?" Dean asked. "Because I didn't wanna bowhunt or hustle pool... because I wanted to go to school and live my life, which, to our whacked-out family, made me the freak." Sam explained. "Yeah, you were kind of like the blonde chick in The Munsters." Dean said.

"Dean, you know what most dads are when their kids score a full ride? Proud. Most dads don't toss their kids out of the house." Sam said. "I remember that fight. In fact, I seem to recall a few choice phrases coming out of your mouth." Dean said, giving him a knowing look.

"You know, truth is, when we finally do find Dad... I don't know if he's even gonna wanna see me." Sam said, shrugging. "Sam, Dad was never disappointed in you. Never. He was scared." Dean said. "What are you talking about?" Sam asked.

"He was afraid of what could've happened to you if he wasn't around. But even when you two weren't talking.. he used to swing by Stanford whenever he could. Keep an eye on you. Make sure you were safe." Dean explained, Sam's eyes widen.

"What?" He asked, shocked by this. "Yeah." Dean replied. "Why didn't you tell me any of that?" Sam asked. "Well, it's a two-way street, dude. You could've picked up the phone." Dean said, Sam stares at him, sadly. "Come on, we're gonna be late for our appointment." Dean said, turning and walking away.

"You know... I hate it when you two argued like this, like I'm not even here." I muttered to Sam as we begin following his brother. "Right. Sorry (Name)." Sam said, apologetically. "Eh. This is what signed up for isn't it? The life of being the third wheel." I said, making Sam laugh.

We took the bones to the college professor for him to examine. "So, you three are students?" The professor asked us. "Yeah. Yeah, uh, we're in your class... Anthro 101?" Sam replied, the professor look at us thinking for a moment. "Oh, yeah." He said. "So, what about the bones, Professor?" I asked.

"This is quite an interesting find you've made. I'd say they're 170 years old, give or take. The timeframe and the geography heavily suggest Native American." The professor explained. "Were there any tribes or reservations on that land?" Sam asked. "Not according to the historical record. But the, uh, relocation of native peoples was quite common at that time." He said.

"Right. Well, are there any local legends? Oral histories about the area?" Sam asked. "Well... you know, there's a Euchee tribe in Sapulpa. It's about sixty miles from here. Someone out there might know the truth." The professor replied. "All right." Dean said.

Our next stop was the Oklahoma Dinner, where we're looking for a Native American that can hopeful clear up this mystery. We enter the dinner, finding the man we're looking for playing cards at a table. "Joe White Tree?" Sam asked the man, who nods.

"We'd like to ask you a few questions, if that's all right." Sam said to him as we came over. "We're students from the university." Dean said. "No, you're not. You're lying." Joe said, Dean seems taken aback. "Well, truth is..." He started to say.

"You know who starts sentence with 'truth is'? Liars" Joe said, interrupting him. Dean exchanges a look with Sam and I. "Have you heard of Oasis Plains? It's a housing development near the Atoka Valley." I said, Joe looks at me then back at Dean. "I like her. She's not a liar." He said to Dean, who looks angry.

"I know the area." Joe then said to me. "What can you tell us about the history there?" I asked him. "Why do you wanna know?" Joe asked. "Something... something bad is happening in Oasis Plains. We think it might have something to do with some old bones we found down there... Native American bones." Sam said.

"I'll tell you what my grandfather told me, what his grandfather told him. Two hundred years ago, a band of my ancestors lived in that valley. One day, the American cavalry came to relocate them. They were resistant, the cavalry impatient. As my grandfather put it, on the night the moon and the sun share the sky as equals, the cavalry first raided our village. They murdered, raped. The next day, the cavalry came again, and the next, and the next. And on the sixth night, the cavalry came one last time. And by the time the sun rose, every man, woman, and child still in the village was dead. They say on the sixth night, as the chief of the village lay dying, he whispered to the heavens that no white man would ever tarnish this land again. Nature would rise up and protect the valley. And it would bring as many days of misery and death to the white man as the cavalry had brought upon his people." Joe explained.

"Insects. Sounds like nature to me. Six days." Dean said. "And on the night of the sixth day, none would survive." Joe said. The boys and exchange a look.

The boys and I exited the dinner and walked back to the car. "When did the gas company man die?" Sam asked. "Uh, let's see, we got here Tuesday, so, Friday the twentieth." Dean replied. "March twentieth?" Sam asked, Dean nods. "That's the spring equinox." Sam exclaimed.

"The night the sun and the moon share the sky as equals." I said. "So, every year about this time, anybody in Oasis Plains is in danger. Larry built this neighborhood on cursed land." Sam said. "And on the sixth night... that's tonight." Dean said.

"If we don't do something, Larry's family will be dead by sunrise. So how do we break the curse?" Sam asked. "You don't break a curse. You get out of it's way. We've gotta get those people out now." Dean said and we got into the car, driving back towards Larry's house.

While Dean was driving, I used my phone to call Larry and try to trick him into getting his family and himself out of that house. "Yes, Mr. Pike, there's a mainline gas leak in your neighborhood." I said. "God, really? And how big?" Larry asked.

"Well, it's fairly extensive. I don't want to alarm you, but we need your family out of the vicinity for at least twelve hours or so, just to be safe." I told him. "And who is this, again?" Larry asked. "Travis Weaver. I work for Oklahoma Gas and Power." I said, getting weird looks from Sam and Dean.

"Uh-huh. Well, the problem is, I know Travis. He's worked with us for a year. Also you sound like a woman. So who is this?" Larry asked. "Uh..." I panicked and hanged up. "Give me the phone." Sam said and I handed it over.

He dials a number and held the phone to his ear. "Matt, it's Sam." He said a moment later. "Matt, just listen. You have to get your family out of that house right now, okay? .....Because something's coming....... Yeah, a lot more...... You've gotta make him listen, okay?" Sam said next after Matt's replied.

"Give me the phone, give me the phone." Dean said, snatching the phone from Sam. "Matt, under no circumstances are you to tell the truth, they'll just think you're nuts." He told the boy on the other line.

"Tell him you have a sharp pain in your right side and you've gotta go to the hospital, okay?" Dean said after a moment of silence. Dean then hangs up and tosses my phone back to me. "Make him listen? What are you thinking?" He asked Sam.

A while later, we pull up to Larry's house. Larry looks out the window, seeing us and came outside. "Damn it, they're still here. Come on." Dean grumbled. We got out of the car, right as Matt came outside as well. "Get off my property before I call the cops." Larry warned us. "Mr. Pike, listen." Sam said, calmly.

"Dad, they're just trying to help." Matt said to his father. "Get in the house!" Larry barked back at him. "I'm sorry. I told him the truth." Matt told us. "We had a plan, Matt, what happened to the plan?" Dean said, spreading his arms.

"Look, it's 12:00 AM. They are coming any minute now. You need to get your family and go, before it's too late." I said, quickly. "Yeah, you mean before the biblical swarm." Larry said, in disbelief. "Larry, what do you think really happened to that realtor, huh? And the gas company guy? You don't think something weird's going on here?" Dean asked him.

"Look, I don't know who you are, but you're crazy. You come near my boy or my family again, and we're gonna have a problem." Larry said, threateningly. "Well, I hate to be a downer, but we've got a problem right now." Dean said.

"Dad, they're right, okay? We're in danger." Matt said to his father, still trying to get through to him. "Matt, get inside! Now!" Larry ordered. "NO! WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?!" Matt yelled. "BECAUSE THIS IS CRAZY! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!" Larry shouted back.

"Look, this land is cursed! People have died here. Now, are you gonna really take that risk with your family?" Sam asked him. "Wait." I said, holding up my hand, everyone goes silent. "You hear it?" I asked.

From somewhere nearby, a very loud buzzing noise can be heard. It continues to get louder. "What the hell?" Larry asked. The fluorescent bug light on the porch begins to overheat, killing several bugs at a time. "All right, it's time to go. Larry, get your wife." Dean told him.

"Guys." Matt said, terrifyingly looking up. We all look up, seeing millions of bugs begin flying towards the house, blanketing the sky. "Oh my God." Larry exclaimed, in shock . "We'll never make it." Sam said. "Everybody in the house. EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE, GO! Dean yelled and we rush inside the house, locking the door.

"Okay, is there anybody else in the neighborhood?" Sam asked Larry who shook his head. "No, it's just us." He replied as his wife comes downstairs. "Honey, what's happening? What's that noise?" She asked, stopping to look at the boys and I in confusion and shock.

"Call 911." Larry said, turning to look at his wife who doesn't move. "Joanie!" He yelled and she nodded. "Okay." She goes to the phone and picks it up, dialing. "I need towels." Dean said. "Uh, in the closet." Larry said pointing, Dean walks off.

I turn to Matt, who looks beyond terrified. "Okay, we've gotta lock this place up, come on... doors, windows, fireplace, everything, okay?" I said, Matt nodded shaking and we headed upstairs to seal off everything that can leave outside.

We return downstairs as millions of bugs begin collecting on the doors and windows, covering the entire building. The six of us watch, waiting. "So what do we do now?" Larry asked. "We try to outlast it. Hopefully, the curse will end at sunrise." Sam said. "Hopefully?!" Larry asked, terrified.

We hear a creaking noise coming from somewhere around the fireplace. "What is that?" Matt asked. "The flue." Sam said. "All right, I think everybody needs to get upstairs." Dean said, coming back from the kitchen with bug spray.

Suddenly, hundreds of thousands of bugs come into the living room, swarming all around us. Everyone scream and try to protect themselves. Dean uses a lighter with the can of bug spray to make it flare up. The flame wards some of the bugs away. "ALL RIGHT, EVERYBODY UPSTAIRS! NOW! GO, GO, GO!" Dean shouted.

We ran upstairs into the attic and Sam closes the door. After a moment of being in the attic, sawdust begins to fall from the ceiling. The buzz of the bees gets louder. "Oh, God, what's that?" Joanie asked. "Something's eating through the wood." I replied. "Termites." Matt exclaimed.

"ALL RIGHT, EVERYBODY GET BACK! GET BACK, GET BACK, GET BACK!" Dean shouted. The Pikes move as far into the corner of the attic as they can. A second later, the bugs chew a hole through the ceiling and swarm around the room. The boys and I frantically try to patch up the hole in the ceiling, but this only works for a minute. Soon, two more holes are chewed, and while Dean tries to ward them off with bug spray, nothing seems to work.

The six of us stand in the corner, trying desperately to swat the bugs away for a few minutes. Then, suddenly, the sun rises. Miraculously, the bugs start to leave through the hole in the ceiling. Confused, Sam, Dean, and I go to see what happened. Through the hole, we could see the bugs in the sky, near the sun, in one enormous colony. The six of us continue watching, relieved.

Later in the afternoon, we return to the Pike's seeing Larry putting boxes into a moving van. "What, no goodbye?" Dean asked him. "Good timing. Another hour and we'd have been gone." Larry said, stopping to shake our hand. "For good?" I asked.

"Yeah. The development's been put on hold while the government investigates those bones you found. But I'm gonna make damn sure no one lives here again." Larry said. "You don't seem too upset about it." Sam said. "Well, this has been the biggest financial disaster of my career, but..." Larry stops talking for a moment to looks over at Matt, who is carrying a box to the garbage. "...somehow, I really don't care."

They share a smile. Sam walks over to Matt, who is throwing away all his insect paraphernalia. "What's this?" Sam asked him. "I don't know. They kind of weird me out now." Matt replied and they both laugh. "Yeah, I should hope so." Sam said.

A few minutes later, Sam joins Dean and I by the car. We watch Larry and Matt, who are now getting along very well. "I wanna find Dad." Sam admitted, sadly. "Yeah, me too." Dean said.

"Yeah, but I just... I want to apologize to him." Sam said. "For what?" Dean asked. "All the things I said to him. He was just doing the best he could." Sam replied. "We'll find him boys. Don't worry." I assured them, the boys nodded. Sam look at me and smiled, I return the smile.

"And then you'll apologize. And then within five minutes, you guys will be at each other's throats." Dean said, making Sam laugh. "Yeah, probably." He muttered. We sit in silence for a few seconds. "Let's hit the road." Sam said. "Let's." Dean and I said in unison. We got in the car, giving one last wave to Larry and Matt as we drive away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 831 21
"Im your father." I said slowly. She smiled and said "nahh you're just a sperm donor." What happens when dean Winchester discovers he has a daughter...
5.8K 330 9
TORTURED MINDS A Sam Winchester fanfiction, where the niece of Bobby Singer, Kinsey, meets the infamous Winchester boys. Unbeknownst to her, she is d...
3.8K 221 11
❝Things don't quite seem to work out for us, do they?❞ ❝It never does for people like us.❞ . . • ☆ . ° .• -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-°:. *₊ ° . Adelaide Booker and...
11.7K 724 11
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause 𝗕𝗢𝗬𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗖𝗥𝗬 ◦•◦ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* ◦•◦ W...