Unbroken || Dan Howell x rea...

By secretlyhomicidal

Moving to London, finally. New people, new home, new life. You can forget all of your problems back in North... More

Intro / Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Authors Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors Note
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors Note
Chapter 26
Authors Note
Chapter 27
Sequel? Sequel.

Chapter 18

18.4K 656 1K
By secretlyhomicidal

#JAPHAN *.*

We all listened to the woman on the television screen talking.

"Twenty-two year old convict Jacob Kingston was released from HM Prison Belmarsh in London early yesterday morning." His picture was being displayed on the screen.

"He was sentenced to six years in prison for one count of rape and drugging, but was liberated two years early due to good behaviour. The judge had ruled out any..."

I stopped listening after that.
My breathing quickened and I could feel my heart speed up. I started panicking, I was even shaking a bit.

Phil grabbed the remote and shut off the tv, and Dan came and sat in front of me on his knees.

"Hey, (y/n), it's alright. Just look at me. You're alright. Nothing's going to happen to you." He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me, trying to calm me down. My vision was blurry from the tears, but I looked back at him.

"... Why? Why is he in London? ... Why is he being released?" I managed to choke out over the the sobs.

"I don't know, (y/n). I really don't know. But I do know that nothing is going to happen to you. I will not let him even come close to you. Me and Phil are here, you're going to be alright." Dan looked into my eyes.
I was still covering my mouth, so I just slowly nodded back at him.

"I'll go get you a glass of water." Phil said and stood up to go to the kitchen. Dan was still sat in front of me, now with his hands on my knees.

Phil came back in with a small glass of water, and held it out for me to take. I tried to lift up my arm to take it, but my hand was shaking too much. Dan took it from Phil and held it in his hand.

"Thank you." I whispered to Phil. He smiled at me.
"Don't worry about it." He leaned down and hugged me tightly then walked out, leaving Dan and me alone. After sitting in silence for a little, I spoke up.

"Ugh.. I'm sorry.." I wiped away some tears on my face. "I always feel like I'm being babied by you two." I looked down at the ground and placed my shaky hands on my legs.

"Not at all, (y/n). I'm happy to do it." He put his hand on mine and smiled up at me. With his other hand, he held the glass up to my lips for me to drink.

He put the glass down on the table and turned back to me.
"Have you calmed down a bit?" He looked up at me. I managed to stop shaking, and calmed my breathing.
"Yes, I think I'm alright now. Sorry for worrying you and Phil."

"No problem. Would you feel better staying here for the night?" He asked me.
"... Yes... I would. Thank you." I said quietly to him. He smiled, then helped me stand up.

Dan led the way up to the extra bedroom, then offered to go back to my place to get me some clothes. I sat on the bed facing away from the door.

I started to think about him. Jacob.

'Is that why I was feeling so uneasy earlier? Oh god, what if he was watching me?'

I got lost in my thoughts for a minute, then I heard the floor creak behind me. I quickly shot up from the bed and turned around.

"Hey hey, it's just me. Don't worry." Dan was standing in the doorway. I relaxed a little.
"Sorry, just a little tense I guess...." I scratched my arm awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it." Dan smiled and walked over to me. He handed me a pair of grey sweatpants and a long sleeved black shirt.
"Thank you.." I took the pile of clothes from him.

"So.. uhm..." I looked down at the ground, kind of embarassed. The realization finally dawned on him.
"Oh! O-of course! Sorry!" He quickly turned around and walked out, shutting the door behind him. I could see he was blushing deeply.

I finished changing and plopped my already worn clothes on the floor beside the bed.

"O-okay, I'm done." I called towards the door. It slowly pushed open, and Dan peaked around the corner.
"S-sorry about that..." He awkwardly scratched his head.
"No problem." I smiled to calm him, and he did.

"So ah, let me know if you need anything, my rooms just down the hall, aswell as Phil's." He put his hands in his pockets.
"I will, thank you for letting me stay here. Sorry for being a bother..."
"You're not a bother at all, (y/n)." He flashed his cute smile.

"Now, you should get some sleep. It's pretty late." He started to head towards the door.
"You too, Dan. Good night." I gave him a little wave, then he closed the door behind him. I climbed into bed, and eventually drifted off to sleep.

--------

I woke up in Dan and Phil's spare bedroom, like I had fallen asleep in. But, something felt off.
I leaned over and looked at my phone, the time was 4 am.

'Why did I wake up so early?'

I looked around the bedroom, to find the door was open almost halfway.

'Didnt Dan close it on his way out?'

I was debating on getting up to go close it. I took a minute to look around.

'Why do I feel so uneasy?'

I looked out the window, it was still dark. The apartment was extremely quiet, I couldn't even hear the air conditioner running. Something in the air felt dingy and rustic. I could feel a cool breeze coming in from the doorway. I finally decided to get up and close the door.

I just heard the click of the door being shut, when suddenly I was pushed against the wall and felt something cold being held against the front of my neck.
I yelped from the pain of me being pinned against the wall. My head was being held to the wall aswell. I couldn't move.

I tried to struggle to get loose from my attacker, but it was no use. All the person did was laugh. It was a spine chilling, deep voiced laugh, one you could probably hear in a horror movie.

"You think you can get away? Ha, don't be stupid. Unless you would like this knife in your throat?"
I couldn't see the persons face, but I could tell he was smiling.

"DANNN!!!!" I tried to call out. I screamed his name countless times, but nobody came.

"Scream all you want, nobody can hear you." He smiled again, but more manacingly this time.

Suddenly, he grabbed a fistful of my hair and dragged me towards the bed, throwing me on top of it, then he climbed on top of me.

"You ready to have some fun?" He laughed again. I finally managed to get a look at his face, I could see it in the moonlight from the window.

It was Jacob.

-------

I woke up to Dan shaking me and yelling my name.

"(Y/n)!!!! Wake up!!!"

I realized that I had been crying and screaming when I woke up. I looked over at Dan, who was looking at me with a terrified look on his face.
"(Y/n)! You're okay! It was just a nightmare!"
He pulled himself around me and buried my face in his chest.

I finally took in the situation. Dan was sitting in bed with me, all my blankets either were all on the floor or messed up on the end of the bed. I was crying, and my throat hurt, probably from the yelling I had done while I was sleeping.

'Just a nightmare...'

I pressed myself into Dan, and began to sob into his chest. He held my head to him and kept whispering to me.
"You're okay. I'm here. You're okay."

Eventually my sobbing had soothed a little, and Dan stood up.
"I'll go get you something to eat and drink." He was almost at the door before I called to him.

"Dan, wait."
"What is it?" He looked at me.
"Please, don't leave me." I sniffled a little.

He walked back over to me without hesitation and climbed in bed beside me.
"I won't. I promise." Dan wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin against the top of my head. I hugged him back tightly, never wanting to let go.

"I will never leave you, ever." He whispered to me, then kissed the top of my head. I pulled myself as close to him as I possibly could be.
"I would crawl to the ends of the earth to make you happy. I'll never ever let anything hurt you. I love you so much, (y/n). Never forget that." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, Dan. Please, promise to never leave my side."
"I promise. I love you."
Dan kissed my cheek, and we both fell asleep in eachothers arms.

~~~~~~

Really late upload ;~; sorrrryyyyy. Let me know what you thought of tis chapter ^.^ emotional shiz.
Anyway, ily all! <3

~breanna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 123 28
Meet Dan aka Danisnotonfire Dan is a Brittish Youtuber/fulltime internet hobo Meet Phil aka Amazingphil Phil is also a British Youtuber What happens...
21.5K 531 26
(Book 2) I SUGGEST YOU READ MY FIRST BOOK TITLED "OUR LIFE" BEFORE READING THIS, IT WILL MAKE SUCH MORE SENSE. You and Dan don't have the most perfec...
870 15 39
Ava needs to get away from her old life in America. What better place to go than London! As she unpacks her rental truck, she meets an old friend tha...
1.7K 169 22
**A PHIL LESTER X READER FANFICTION** When I left my home town, my safe space... I thought I would make it. I thought I was finally gonna start my li...