|| ENIGMA || Editing

By Chub_blee

Destiny throws you in the most unexpected situations ever. What if she ends up getting closer to only person... More

|PROLOGUE|
♣️1.
♣️2.
♣️3.
♣️4.
♣️5.
♣️6.
♣️7.
♣️8.
♣️9.
♣️10.
♣️11.
♣️12.
♣️13.
♣️14.
Thankyou !
♣️15.
♣️16.
♣️17.
♣️18.
♣️19.
♣️20.
♣️21.
Author's Note
♣️23.
♣️24.
♣️25.
♣️26.
♣️27.
♣️28.
♣️29.
♣️30.
♣️31.
♣️32.
♣️33.
♣️34.
♣️35.
♣️36.
♣️37.
♣️38.
♣️39.
♣️40.
♣️41.
♣️42.
♣️43.
♣️44.
♣️45.
Bonus: Unbreakable Bonds
Bonus : Jealous ?
Bonus : Love Above All
Bonus : Letting go

♣️22.

5K 427 41
By Chub_blee

Tejasswi's phone rang disrturbing everyone present in the meeting . Her team leader paused and the manager that sat in the head seat of the conference table gave her a pointed look . She ignored the call and put it on vibrate . The phone rang again and this time her eyes fell on the caller name . She sucked in a breath looking at the screen .
" Hello? Yes " She answered the phone from Pratik's school and replied in affirmation when they asked if she was his guardian. After a brief  talk she had only gotten to know that his teacher wanted to talk about him and he had gotten hurt . Was he fine ? Was her first thought. She had confirmed the teacher she would be there but would she ? It was office hours and she had finally gotten a job she had worled very hard for. It was difficult to get such opportunity and she new she wouldn't get a leave since she was new employee.

" No . I don't care if your brother is hurt or your pet got injured . Tum logo ko bas drama karna aata hai " Teja bit her cheeks and gritted her cheeks at the obvious insult
" yeh rona dhona karke chutti miljayegi yahi laga tha na ? Did not work darling now go and work. Itna shauk hai chutti ka toh permanent chutti dedungi " Her  boss  pointed a finger at her ,her tone condescending .
" Ma'am please. This is really an emergency . I promise this won't happen again "
" Shup up  and leave my cabin. Also ek advice lelo , apna yeh emotional drama na kahi aur mat karna ,warna aage nahi bad paogi "
" So you are not giving me a leave " Teja's voice quivered a little but she held her head high as she had promised she was never going to let anything affect her .
" No. Permanent  leave chahiye ?" The boss mocked
" Yes. You'll get my resignation letter tomorrow " she gulped while boss's eyes widen . Teja paid no heed to her boss's screams and walked fast to her seat . She collapsed on her seat and it was then the tears poured out . Her back vibrated as she sobbed a little . Every time she tried moving forward , something held her bcak . Why couldn't everything go normally ? Why couldn't she enjoy the usual life ? . Why did she had to worry about having enough money to pay pratik's fees and other school expenses every day she woke up . Why did she have to wake up everyday worrying about what food will she have to make ? Wasn't she supposed to enjoy her life at this phase of her age . Like other girls did. They went out  , partied ,dressed up had boyfriends  And here she was who didn't even have friends . She collected her stuff as a colleague  looked at her with pity .

Something she hated the most.
She had gotten the same looks , when her parents had died , when her extended family had refused to take her in  , when she was left to take care of pratik alone , when she had to somtimes beg to the neighboures for food, when she told anyone how she was an orphan. There were a lot of instances and she seemed to hate the look more everytime .
" You said i am a princess , who would be able to get everything she wanted just by asking god for it .  You lied. Nothing like that happened . I asked god for you to come back , but he never sent you . So i stopped talking to god . " She whispered

********

" What happened ?" Teja dismissed the meeting hurriedly. Her panic was visible on her face as well as in her voice .

" I am asking you something is he fine ? " She asked franatically on not getting any response from him and she searched for her phone.

" He met with an accident . He is in hospital " Her heart stopped a bit hearing that and face went blank .
Her body felt numb .

Was he fine ? No.... Nothing can happen to him . He should be fine . Several thoughts ran through her mind .

" Teja? " Rohit nudged her

" Huh?" She came to senses " Umm.. Hospital. Which hospital is he in ?" She tried  to compose herself a little but her shivering hands trying to find her car key gave away everything .

" Come . I'll drive you "

*******

" Luckily there's no permanent brain damage . Owing to how severe the injury  is on the hands and especially the head , anything could have happened. " The doctor explained and all she could hear from his explanation was that pratik was going to be fine .

" But we will have to do a surgery " The doctor paused and looked at her seriously. She got alarmed

" Surgery ? But for what ? Didn't you say there was no damage  " She bombarded him with questions

" His hands are fractured , which doesn't need a surgery we'll get a plaster. But the head injury , there's a deep hole in his forehead " Teja shut her eyes tightly listening to the doctor. Just even hearing about the injury pained her .

" we'll have to do a surgery to fill the hole and treat the little bones connected to it that got fractured "
The doctor explained

" But this will be a complicated case so the chances of survival are very less " He hesistated a little

" What do you mean chances are little ? If you are suggesting a surgery , he should be perfectly fine after that. That is your work "Her voice raised a bit and people in the lobby looked at them 

" Ma'am that's not in our hands . We'll try our best "

" Do you realise you saying you'll try your best does nothing to assure us. You assholes lie to us .  I am telling you doctor if i don't see my brother alive after the surgery , Just pray for your life and carreer " she threatened in a malicious tone

" you can't threaten us Ma'am . As i said we will try our best . " He gave her a look little intimidated by the woman in front of him .

" I mean what i said . If you don't know i am a lawyer , one case and your career will end . Agar mere bhai ko kuch hua toh aapke liye achha nahi hoga " Her tone hard , and face emotionless. The docotr got a bit scared and looked away .

" I'll take your leave " He stuttered and left . Teja looked on as the doctor left and turned to the hospital room's window. She looked at the lifeless figure of Pratik lying .

Seeing him lie like that strengthened a fear that was deep hidden all these years . Fear of losing people. Everyone she had loved , left her . The only person constant till now was pratik . She would die the day he leaves her too. The side of her eyes prickled with water but she immediately dabbed her eyes trying to not let the tears come out .

She knew this wasn't an accident . The threat ,  attack on the security room , and suddey Pra's accident when he was a skilled driver all made sense to her .

She took out her phone and dialled a number ." Hello . I need you here " She said as soon as the person picked up the call. she cut the call after nodding at something the  receiver said .

" Here " A cup of coffee came in front of her eyes and she looked to see rohit .
" You drink . i don't want to " She refused and sat on one of the benches her eyes forrowed .

" How did this happen ? " She thought out aloud and then looked at Rohit questioning.  He forcefull kept the cup in her hands and narrated how he had gotten a call from one of pratik's friends , who she found out left right before she came . His friend had been called by a witnees of the accident and he had rushed to take pra to hospital . A car had crashed into Pratik's bike .

Rohit stared as she stood up suddenly , her eyes red . she crushed the cup of coffee spilling the hot coffee on her hands. He got closer trying to check her hand but she jerked him off .

" Stay here and call me if something happens " she ordered  rohit and then glanced at pratik's room . " I'll be back " Her voice could send chills down anybody and he got scared to even ask where she was going . She looked so determined and as if she would kill anybody who came her way .

******

" Vikram Dixit ! " She thump opened the door of his office and shouted. The receptionist in the corner looked alarmed at an unwanted guest and ran to her

" Excuse me Ma'am , You can't shout like that" The young girl said .

" Don't teach me . Where 's he " The murdurous look in teja's eyes made the girl squirm

" He's .. He 's in a meeting " The girl stuttered with difficulty

" I don't care . Tell him to come outside . I need to talk to him " Her tone authortative that none could deny

" Sorry. but he said not to disturb him "

" VIKRAM DIXIT !  GET OUT OF YOUR OFFICE OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES " She screamed and walked towards his cabin in anger .

Her eyes narrowed as she saw him coming out of his cabin , a hint of anger and confusion on his face. The other employees just witnessed ths spectacle

" To what do i owe the pleasure of you visiting me , the great Ms Prakash " His lips formed in a  lopsisded grin looking at her standing in his office . What he failed to notice was the deadly look on her face.

" How dare you ? How dare you , you fucking bastard " She strided towars him and hed his collar in her grip tightly

" Didn't i tell you not to mess with me ? . I am not going to let this go . Remember that Dixit" Everybody present there got intimidated by her

" What are you talking about ? " He looked at her , his face morphed in confusion

" Do not act dumb. You very well know what i am talking about dixit . and let me tell you very clearly , you have dared to touch my brother , my family and you will have to pay for it " Her eyes eyes him dangerously and she left his collar with a push to him

" Wait , what? How's your brpther related. I did nothing " He looked at her in disbelief eyeing his emoloyees looking at him

" And you cannot just just  barge in my office and blame me like that " He straightened himself. That only inclreased the rage inside teja

" Vikram Dixit , I am going to make your life a living hell . Just wait and watch . Mere bhai ko chuke bhot badi galti kari hai tune .Shayad abhi tak tujhe samajh nahi aya ki mai kaun hu aur kya kar sakti hu . But Don't worry ab ajayega . I can take anything on me but my family is off limits . Do you get that ! " She spat at him . Everybody flinched at her tone and he sighed frustratingly

" For the love of god,Will you listen to me ? I did nothing okay ? I would never do anything to Pratik . I adore him like my own brother teju. I have no clue what has happened to him " He kept hand on his shoulder which she immediately jerked

" Oh please , Do you think you'll spew nonsense and i'll believe you ? Don't i know the level till which you can stoop ? Have you forgotten about the threat letter you sent ya yaad dilau "

" That's your choice to believe me or not . But Pratik was my junior and will always remain like a little brther to me. Hamare professional differences alag rakhte hai teja . " He tried to explain her .

Teja calmed herself down a little and only found sincerity in his eyes . If it was not him then who was it ? Who would have done this. She hesitantly dropped the angry exterior a little and looked at him with raised eyebrows.

" If i found out you had a hand in this , believe me it will be the last day of your career . I swear " She venomously said pointing her fingers threatening him

" Don't forget i can destroy you and this office of yours as well with just a click of  my fingers . So Beware before you or your puppets even try to come close to my family  ever again ." She finished making him gulp and turned to leave . No attention paid to him screaming behind  her and straight up went to her car .

******

P.S - Updated a new story which is a continuation of one of my one shots . So check it out .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 4.9K 28
Let's see how tejasswi and karan meets and feel for each other.. There is big secret to be revealed LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL❤😊
135K 12.9K 32
A business tycoon The Karan Kundrra meets a heartbroken Tejasswi Prakash in some never thought situations n things take a turn n they spend a night t...
302K 23.5K 82
This is love story of two people who meet and fall in love there journey start from there to there marriage and then the couple have to get separated...
47.2K 5.5K 28
Let's get into the story to know how karan and Tejasswi cross paths and will they ever fall in love ? Will there love be like fairytale or like a nig...