Persona Xross [ON HOLD]

By Lunolion

The Fool is not to be taken lightly. It's like the number zero. Empty, yet holds infinite possibilities. Can... More

Stage 2: Suisen High
Stage 3: Shadow Operatives
Stage 4: Awakening

Stage 1: A Fool's Arrival

1.3K 19 24
By Lunolion

"This story is a work of fiction."

"Similarities between characters, places and incidents are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to real-life people, living or dead, events or anything else is purely coincidental."

"Only those who have agreed to the above have the privilege of partaking in this story."

> I agree <

I do not agree

"Ah. Wonderful."

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past and present are certain to miss the future."

- John F. Kennedy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???: Huh...?

...

...

...

A young man opens his eyes and finds himself in what appeared to be a night club.

???: Hm?

Standing in front of him, there was a bizarre-looking old man and mysterious bartender wearing blue.

???: ...!

Strange Man: Welcome to the Velvet Room, my dear young man.

Strange Man: It sure has been a while since we had a guest. My name is Igor... I am delighted to make your acquaintance.... *Chuckles*

??? was internally freaked out by the man's Pinocchio-like nose.

Igor: Don't worry, the you in the real world is currently asleep. You're only experiencing this as a dream.

???: Okay?

Despite his rather striking appearance, this Igor character has a very calm and soothing demeanor.

Igor: This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a room, where only those who are bound by a "contract" may enter. Henceforth, you shall be welcome here in the Velvet Room as our guest.

Those words confused ???, as he had no idea what Igor was talking about.

???: (Contract? What contract?)

Igor: Now then, why don't you introduce yourself?

???: Huh?

Bartender: We are simply asking for your name.

???: My name? Well...

(Ikki Ichinou / Age: 17 / Occ: High School Student)

Ikki: It's Ikki Ichinou.

Igor: Hm, I see.

Ikki: What'd you want?

Igor: We will get to that in a minute. While we're at it...

Igor summons a chess board in front of them.

Igor: Are you in the mood for a little game of chess?

Ikki: Whatever.

Ikki and Igor begin playing chess.

Igor: Life is like a game, every move you make has a consequence to it, be it good or bad. No move can be undone, but you can always make your next step... better. Wouldn't you agree?

Ikki: I guess. Aren't you gonna tell why I'm here?

Igor: The game that will determine your future will soon begin. If the game remains uncleared, your future, may be forever lost.

Ikki: Hm?

Igor: Which is why, we wish to provide our services to ensure that does not happen.

Ikki: Suppose that's true. Why are you even doing this?

Igor: Because that is the duty of us residents of the Velvet Room. To provide assistance to our guests and guide them towards a brighter future... 

Ikki: A brighter future?

Bartender: All we ask in return is that you abide by the contract and be prepared to take responsibility for your actions and the choices you make.

Ikki: (Responsibility? I've heard that before... Wait, have I?)

Igor: Ah yes, I almost forgot... Allow me to introduce you to my assistant, Alphonse. He's a resident of this place, like myself.

Alphonse: *Bows* Pleased to meet you. My name is Alphonse. Please, feel free to call me Al.

Ikki: Um... hi?

Alphonse: There's no need to be so tense. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask. I look forward to being of service.

Igor: We will talk about his assigned role in this place when the time is right.

Ikki goes silent for a moment.

Igor: I understand things may be too difficult to understand right now. But don't worry, everything will become clear in due time. For now, just know this... you possess great power, and you will inevitably require our help to hone it properly.

Ikki: Where's the exit? I would like to wake up please.

They then hear the bell.

Igor: I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. 

Ikki: Huh?

Igor: We shall resume this conversation at a later date. Until then, please take your time to understand what we just talked about. 

Alphonse: We'll be looking forward to your next visit.

Ikki's vision blurred until all he saw was darkness. 

(Later)

Ikki wakes up in a jolt and finds himself riding a train heading to Naka Ward in Yokohama.

"Attention passengers! We are now arriving at Naka Ward! I repeat! We are now arriving at Naka Ward. We hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Make sure that you have all of your belongings with you before leaving the train."

Ikki: (Man, what a weird dream.)

Ikki exits the train and ventures into Naka Ward.

(04/04/20XX: Noon)

After leaving the station he looks at an address left to him.

Ikki: (Okay, so this is Naka Ward. Hmm... Let's see. The place I'm supposed to look for is Gin Koi Dormitory.)

He takes out a box of peach-flavored pocky.

Then pulls out a stick and puts it in his mouth.

Ikki: Hmm...

Ikki continues to walk around the city while searching on his phone for the dorm's location.

Ikki: (Okay, it doesn't seem to be too far away.)

Then suddenly, his phone starts glitching out.

Ikki: Huh?

Ikki tries tapping on the screen, but then a strange app appears on his phone.

Ikki: Hm?

He decides not to think much of it and deletes the app.

(Later)

After searching around, he finally found the place he was looking for.

Ikki: (This must be the place.)

He then started ringing the bell 3 times, he waited for a minute until someone opened the door.

???: Coming!

The door opens to reveal a pink-haired girl who looked around his age

(Ran Hikari / Age: 17 / Occ: High School Student)

Ran: Huh?

Ikki: Is this Gin Koi Dormitory?

Ran: It is. Can I help you?

Ikki: I'm Ikki Ichinou. I'll be attending Suisen High starting this Monday, so I'll be moving into this dorm.

Ran: Oh yeah, I remember. We were supposed to receive a new transfer student. It seems you arrived here earlier than expected. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Ran Hikari! Welcome to our humble dorm!

Ikki: Well, um... *Bows* Thank you for having me.

Ran: You can drop the formalities. Come on in.

Ikki walks inside the dorm.

???: Hika-chan, has he arrived?

Ikki: Hm?

Ran: Neon, come say hello!

Ikki looks to see a beautiful blue-eyed girl walking up to them.

(Neon Shinozaki / Age: 17 / Occ: High School Student)

Neon: Oh, um... hi.

Ikki: Hm?

Ran: Ichinou, this is my best friend Neon. We went to middle and high school together. Neon, this is Ikki Ichinou, our dorm's newest addition.

Neon quickly runs up to Ikki.

Neon: It's a pleasure to meet you, Ichinou-kun. I'm Neon Shinozaki. I hope we can get along.

Ikki: Likewise, Shinozaki-san.

Neon: Y-You don't need to be formal with me since we'll be living together from here on. Come. I'll show you around.

Neon gave Ikki a tour around the dorm. She showed him the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom, and even the rooftop. Finally, Neon takes Ikki to the second floor where his room was.

Neon: And this is will be the room you'll be sleeping in. What do you think?

Ran: Your stuff came in yesterday. Don't worry, we didn't touched anything.

Ikki walks in and takes a good look around.

Ikki: It's surprisingly fancier than my crappy apartment back home. It came pre-furnished and everything. Is it really okay for me to use this room?

Neon: It's alright, don't worry about it. We're glad this place is to your liking. Here's the key.

Neon gives Ikki the key to his room.

Ikki: Thank you.

Ran: You can make all the mess you want, cleaning it will be your problem after all.

Ikki: Nodded.

There was a moment of awkward silence.

Ran: So... the trip here must've been exhausting. Are you hungry? I just ordered fried chicken.

Ikki: Thanks. I'm actually hungry.

Neon: I'll get the table set. Please wait just a moment. Oh, wait. I should prepare some sweet tea to go with the chicken.

Ikki: Is there anything I can help with?

Neon: Oh, please! You don't-

Ran: If he wants to help just let him. He's a new resident, not our guest.

Neon: Well, in that case... Could you set the table?

Ikki: Sure.

(Later)

After the food arrived, the three begin eating in the dining room.

Ran: So, any questions?

Ikki: Nope.

Ran: Man, are you one of those "go with the flow" kind of guys?

Ikki: ...

Ran: Come on. You must be curious about something.

Ikki: (I suppose I should ask some questions.) Isn't there a dorm mother here?

Ran: Apparently, we did had one some years back, but it's just us students now.

Neon: Some time ago, though... She wasn't really a dorm mother, but we had someone who would cook meals for us.

Ikki: Hm?

Ran: Next question!

Ikki: How many other people live here?

Ran: Including you, myself and Neon, we have 6 residents in total. But the others are out doing god knows what.

Neon: Where could they be? I thought we all agreed to welcome our new dorm mate together.

Ran: Who knows? Anyway...

Ran clears her throat and speaks up in a more serious tone.

Ran: Onto business. Since you just arrived, I want you to take a look at our dorm regulations. Don't worry, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Ikki: Sure.

Ran gives Ikki a piece of paper.

--------------------------------------

General rules:

1- Shoes must come off when you enter your dorm room, and you must leave your shoes in a box just inside your room's entrance to switch your footwear.

2- The hallway is part of the common facility in the dorm, and it must be clear for emergencies, so don't leave your shoes or other belongings outside the entrance to your room. They may be taken or thrown away.

3- When taking your luggage into your room, be very careful not to damage the floor by dragging bags across the floor. Please also be careful with furniture and other objects in the room.

4- If you are expecting a guest, tell the manager ahead of time. Do not invite guests without permission.

5- Keep the noise down. When listening to music in your room, please use headphones, especially late at night.

6- Residents may not enter a fellow resident's room without consent.

7- Separate trash as designated: burnable, non-burnable, and recyclable.

8- Please clean up the shared kitchen just as soon as you are done (or while cooking), especially during prime meal-fixing times.

9- If you lose the key to your room, tell the manager immediately. You are responsible for the replacement cost.

10- Lock your room when you are out.

11- People shut the restroom or shower door after leaving, so even when not in use, the door may be shut. Check by knocking.

12- If you or someone you know is sick, or there is a theft or fire, tell the manager immediately. Participate in any fire drills, but use the emergency exits only for emergencies.

13- The manager or other appropriate person may need to enter your room, for maintenance, inspection, and so on. Be prepared to admit entry.

14- Please do not borrow money from your fellow dorm residents. Lending money is considered extremely rude to ask.

15- Do not engage in organized political or religious activities.

16- Possession dangerous or explosive items is not allowed.

17- Pets aren't allowed unless they're for emotional support.

18- No gambling.

19- No drinking.

20- No fighting or violent behavior.

21- Do not disturb or harass other dorm residents.

22- No smoking.

23- Please follow the law.

--------------------------------------

Ikki: Hm-hmm...

Ran: See? Nothing too crazy. So just follow these rules and you're good.

Ikki: Right.

Ikki looks down with an empty look in his eyes. Neon takes notice of Ikki's state.

Neon: It's gonna be alright. I know being a new transfer student can be scary, but we're here if you need help with anything.

Ikki: I understand. Thank you.

Ran: Alright, then let's have a toast, shall we? Here's to our addition!

Neon: Cheers!

Ikki: C-Cheers...

They go back to eating silently.

Neon: (Um... This is awkward. Maybe I should start a conversation? )

Ikki: Is something wrong?

Neon: So, Ichinou-kun. 

Ikki: Hm?

Neon: Which high school did you transferred from?

Ikki: Does it matter?

Neon: Please don't get the wrong idea! We're not trying to judge you based on your academic background or anything, we're just curious!

Ikki: ...Seven Sisters High.

Ran: Oh, I've heard of that one. That's in Sumaru City, if I recall.

Ikki: Yup.

Neon: What are you planning to study after graduation?

Ikki: I don't have a specific career path in mind, yet. I don't even know if I wanna go to college.

Ran: I see. I get ya. I'm also taking general education. There's just so many options, I don't think I'll be able to make a decision anytime soon.

Neon: Yeah, that's true.

Ikki: I see.

Neon: What do you think of Naka Ward?

Ikki: Don't know. Haven't seen much yet.

Neon: Right. Good point. So... 

Ikki: *Stands up* Thanks for the food.

Neon: Huh?

Ran: You must be exhausted. Get some good rest, alright?

Ikki: Sure. 

After Ikki left, Neon and Ran were talking to each other.

Neon: Will it really be okay for him to be here?

Ran: I'm sure it's fine... right?

???: I'm back.

They look to see a dark-skinned young man entering the dorm.

(Jousaku Tsukasa / Age: 17 / Occ: High School Student)

Ran: Jou! Welcome back!

Jousaku: We were supposed to have a new transfer student moving in, weren't we?

Ran: Oh, he's fast asleep in his room.

Jousaku: I see.

Jousaku looks at them with a skeptical look.

Jousaku: You... didn't say anything unnecessary, right?

Ran: Unnecessary? Whatever do you mean?

Jousaku: You know what I mean.

Neon: We just ate lunch together and gave him a tour around the dorm. Nothing you should worry about.

Jousaku: Good. We'll talk about this tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

Back upstairs, feeling tired from a long trip, Ikki decides to call it a day. So he finishes unpacking and setting up his room, then takes a shower, changes into something comfortable and goes to bed.

Ikki: (This all still feels unreal...)

He recalls Igor's words.

"Igor: This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a room, where only those who are bound by a "contract" may enter. Henceforth, you shall be welcome here in the Velvet Room as our guest."

Ikki: (What was that about a contract? Who the hell did I signed a contract with? And what was up with that bartender guy?)

Ikki tries to brush it off as a crazy dream and goes to sleep.

(Meanwhile)

At Naka Ward Police HQ, a black-haired woman was going through some computer files in her office.

(Mana Kuroiwa / Age: 30+ / Occ: Chief of Police)

Mana: Hmm...

Then suddenly, she receives a phone call.

Mana: Hello. This is Kuroiwa speaking.

Officer: Chief, you need to come here quick!

Mana: Hm?

(Later)

Police officers were investigating an alleyway, were they found a high school boy laying against the wall in what seemed like a vegetative state.

Officer 1: No matter what we do or say, this kid's just not responding.

Officer 2: Another one, huh?

Mana then arrives at the scene.

Officer: 1: Chief!

She looks down at the kid indifferently.

Mana: Have you identified this kid yet?

Officer 1: We found this in his backpack.

The officer gives Mana the student's ID.

Mana: "Tokusa Ueda. 1st year at Suisen High."

Officer 2: What do you make of this, Chief?

Mana: There's no mistaking it, this is definitely another case. 

Officer 1: Seriously? That's the 6th case this year.

Mana: For now, take this boy to a hospital, and make sure the media doesn't find out about this.

Officer 2: What about you?

Mana: I would like to stick around and investigate on my own.

Officers: Right!

(Later)

After the investigation was over, Mana drives back to the office.

Mana: (It's been 3 years since we began looking into this case. It's difficult enough to simply find something worth reporting, but we can only keep the media at bay for so long. At this rate, my paycheck will be the least of my worries.)

Stopping at the red light, Mana then makes a call

???: What'd you want?

Mana: How are things on your end?

???: I'm heading there.

Mana: I'm counting on you. You better find something.

???: No need to tell me twice.

(Meanwhile)

Mana: My paycheck is at stake here. I'm counting on you, Karin.

???: I have a good feeling about tonight. Just leave it to me, Sis.

(Karin Kuroiwa / Age: 17 / Occ: High School Student)

Karin: Well, I'm off.

(Ending Theme)

Social Links:

Fool - 

Magician -

Priestess -

Empress - 

Emperor -

Hierophant -

Lovers - 

Chariot -

Justice - 

Hermit - 

Fortune -

Strength -

Hanged Man -

Death -

Temperance - 

Devil -

Tower -

Star - 

Moon - 

Sun -

Judgement -

To be Continued...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all so much for reading. Please don't forget to click like, comment and subscribe. Check out and support my Youtube Channel for more. Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_14SzFH-9HyjQw8Tdy8fg

Anyways, I'm Lunolion, and I'll see you all next time! Chao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 53 35
Modern day Tokyo. The supernatural wreaks havoc on your everyday citizen. It's up to a group of people that are known as the Phantom Thieves of Heart...
5.2K 84 22
(So I'm just gonna say this now,this takes place DURING The War in Sonic Forces.The Characters are mine except for Infinite and the other Characters...
77.3K 543 38
Y/n L/n, an ordinary boy, well not so ordinary, was taken in by Peach as a favor from his parents, he meets up with SMG4 and his friends and meets Me...
5.8K 129 37
Wilt: (of a plant, leaf, or flower) becomes limp through heat, loss of water, or disease; droop. (of a person) lose one's energy or vigor. After the...