Jasper's Sunshine

By Kili-Loverxx

Imogen Sierra Swan has always loved her Dad and had quickly become the sunshine in his life. But when the Cul... More

Cast
Mood boards
Act One: Pre-Twilight
Prologue
Chapter One, Unexpected Surprises
Chapter Two, New Beginnings
Chapter Three, Practice, Practice, Practice
Trailer
Chapter Four, Swan Lake
Chapter Five, Imogen's Birthday Surprise
Chapter Seven, Samhain and Ring Creation
Chapter Eight, Yule and Surfing
Chapter Nine, Holidaying in Santorini
Act Two
Chapter Ten, First and Second Year Anniversaries
Chapter Eleven, Bella Returns

Chapter Six, Epiphany 

3.4K 100 35
By Kili-Loverxx

School outfit above;

Chapter Six, Epiphany

After a few weeks the attic conversion was finally complete. Which was a relief for Imogen as all the banging, drilling and such did not help her migraines one bit; however, she was excited as that meant she, Leah and Ella could finally set up the attic, or their room, however they liked for their coven which they had dubbed: 'Black Cat Coven'. As Imogen came downstairs on Tuesday morning she saw her Dad sitting at the table sipping his coffee like every morning, however, this time there was a slight difference. Instead of reading the newspaper he sat with a large chest on the table in front of him with an excited look upon his face.

"What's that Dad?" Imogen asked curiously, switching the kettle on to boil as she prepared her fruit porridge and added some banana to it, before feeding Patch and Shadow and giving them fresh water as they'd followed her downstairs eager for some breakfast.
"I found it in the attic, I forgot it was up there to be honest, but it belonged to my mother; your grandmother Helen Swan. When I first put it up there I didn't understand what it was but now I do. Go on, open it." Charlie encouraged, a grin on his lips. After quickly checking on the porridge and giving it a good stir, Imogen opened the cherry wood chest to find it full of Wiccan items, such as; an altar cloth, chalices, athame, candles, crystals, a Grimoire and all sorts of items.
"Grandma was a Wiccan too?" Imogen asked excitedly, looking to her father for clarification.

"She was, it would seem Sunshine that you got your Grandma's gift and she would be so proud of you." Charlie informed her, kissing her forehead as the microwave dinged. "Have you, Ella and Leah decided what you're going to call your Coven?" He asked, he had a surprise for the three and he wanted to finish it today for them.
"Yep." Imogen said, popping the p as she sat at the table with her breakfast. "We're now called Black Cat Coven."
"That's a brilliant name for my cat loving daughter." Charlie teased. "I'm only teasing, somewhat, no seriously, I have a surprise for you and wanted to finish it today before I went into work this afternoon."
"Thank you Daddy." Imogen grinned, kissing his cheek, before returning to her own breakfast knowing Ella would be there soon.

***

It turned out the surprise was a circular, black metal door plaque in the shape of a black cat with the words 'Black Cat Coven' carved above the cat's head. When Ella and Imogen arrived back at the Swan house with Jasper, Rosalie, Alice and Storm in tow - they had wanted to help get things settled - they spotted Leah sitting on the swing on the porch as they pulled up. Before the engine could  be completely shut off Ella was up and out of the car bounding over to her girlfriend greeting her with a tender peck to her lips.
"Immy, what're you doing this weekend?" Rosalie asked, as the blonde ball of sunshine opened the door with her right hand while the other was clasped firmly within Jasper's.

"On Saturday Dad and I are going to watch the Seattle Mariners for the home game against the Kansas City Royals." Imogen explained excitedly, bouncing on the spot in such an Alice-like way that it made them all laugh.
"Are you sure you're not Alice's twin, Immy?" Leah teased, shaking her head at her friend.
"Why Rosie?" Imogen asked, turning to look at the older and taller (which Imogen pouted at, not knowing it made Jasper want to kiss her until she was breathless) blonde.
"I was wondering if you're free on Sunday, if you wanted to go shopping just the two of us and we can get our nails done." Rosalie asked hopefully, she wanted to spend some time with the younger blonde.

She was such a sweet little thing that Rosalie had this strong maternal protective instinct over her.
"I'd love that!" Imogen squealed happily, she knew Ella and Leah had a date on Sunday, so she didn't feel bad about not asking them. They deserved some time together.
"Rosalie!" Jasper groaned.
"You snooze, you lose Jaz." Rosalie teased, flicking her hair over her shoulder.
"Fine." Jasper grumbled, a frown and a pout upon his face which quickly morphed into an ecstatic grin - Major purring within him - when Imogen kissed the undersides of his jaw just above his pulse point. "Now, my lil' darlin', my Wiccan love, would you join me for a date on Monday after school?" Jasper asked, wrapping his arms around her waist leaving butterfly kisses down her neck.

"I'd love to, Jazzy!" Imogen grinned, kissing his cheek before she danced her way up the stairs to the landing, to the spiral staircase that led to the converted attic, where they spotted the plaque Charlie had made for them which caused the three members of the Black Cat Coven to be incredibly touched and for each of them to send a text to Charlie thanking him. For the first part of the next two hours Rosalie, Alice, Storm and Jasper watched as Imogen, Ella and Leah cleansed, blessed, consecrated and protected their new space. Once that was complete they helped them set up the wall decor that they'd chosen (some were posters detailing different types of herbs and their uses, a Wiccan House Blessing spell, a wall clock with the Moon Phases at each number and two Black Cat banners ironically).

The four members of the Cullen family also helped fill up the shelves dotted around the room with crystals, candles, herbs, chalices and all other bits and bobs they'd need while the three girls set up their Tree of Life altar table draping it in a Triple Moon altar cloth before finally setting up the altar how they wanted it.
"It's perfect." Leah and Ella grinned looking around the room, they couldn't believe they could actually start practising soon; they were so excited.
"Thank you." The three Wiccans chirped, feeling excited and incredibly touched.
"It's not a problem. We're happy we could help." Storm assured the three girls, smiling happily at them.

"How about we watch a rom-com for a while before we have to head home?" Alice suggested, causing Jasper to groan good-naturedly, he wasn't really upset about the choice of film as he got to spend more time with Imogen.
"I'd love that." Ella and Imogen said simultaneously.
"You're lucky I love you." Leah groaned, their twin speech really was creepy.
"I know." Ella smirked, sending a wink at Leah, she grabbed her girlfriend's hand pulling her downstairs with the others following.
"Sounds perfect." Rosalie agreed. "I don't get to watch them in peace at home as Emmett's always complaining about them." She rolled her eyes as if she was annoyed but she had a loving smile on her face and her eyes were lighter as she thought about the man she loved very deeply.

"That's a point!" Imogen exclaimed, spinning under Jasper's arm as if he twirled her, she pointed a finger at him in mock annoyance. "No complaining through this film, mister, otherwise I'll snuggle with Rosie instead." She warned, a smirk appearing on her face as Rosalie winked at her.
"You can snuggle with me any time, Immy." Rosalie teased, laughing as Jasper groaned and grumbled at her. "I'm teasing Jazz." She laughed, heading downstairs with Alice and Storm following behind.
"That wasn't funny darlin'." Jasper chastised, a sad look upon his face.

"I'm sorry Jazzy." Imogen apologised, kissing him softly; Jasper immediately perked up at that, kissing her back happily and tenderly. "I'll make it up to you by snuggling with you on the sofa."
"Hmm." Jasper said, pretending to think about it, a chuckle escaping him when Imogen tapped his arm. "I'm kidding, Immy, I'm kidding. I like the sound of that but we better hurry if we don't want it to be taken." He said crouching down so Imogen could hop onto his back piggy-back style, the pair laughing as they made their way downstairs to the living room.

***

Saturday was game day. Both Charlie and Imogen were excited for their Daddy-Daughter Day Out watching their favourite baseball team against the K.C. Royals. They were both up rather early for their day off from work and school respectively, they'd fed Shadow and Patch, played with them, changed their litter and water, ate their own breakfasts and showed. Now, they were heading to the stadium in Charlie's blue Ford truck he'd purchased a few years ago, as he couldn't exactly take the police car to the grounds while not on duty. The pair of them were wearing dark indigo jeans, adidas blue trainers for Charlie, blue plimsolls for Imogen, Imogen had her hair plaited into two braids, simple makeup, and they were both wearing a white and blue Mariners baseball ball cap and a white Mariners jersey over the top of a black T-shirt.

On Charlie's T-shirt it read, 'Like Father like Daughter (Whether a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of opinion...)' while Imogen's black T-shirt read, '5 Things you should know about my Dad:
1. He is an excellent Marksman.
2. He has a shovel. And a backyard.
3. He has anger issues.
4. I am his Princess.
5. He is a crazy Dad and I'm not afraid to use him.'

They'd gotten it as a gag present for each other for Christmas as they both thought it would be hilarious, plus, Waylon, Billy, Harry and all the others had howled with laughter when they saw the shirts on them. Particularly Imogen's as number three wasn't strictly true unless Imogen was upset then Papa bear would come out in full force.
"Excited Sunshine?" Charlie asked, glancing at his daughter out of the corner of his eye as he drove to the stadium, she was singing along to the song on the radio while doing a little dance in her seat which just made him chuckle.
"Of course!" Imogen beamed. "I'm having a day out with my Dad... AND we're getting to watch our team play a home game against the K.C. Royals. How can I not?" She asked rhetorically.
"I'm glad sweetheart. I love our days out too. I love you Sunshine." Charlie smiled at her.
"I love you too Dad." Imogen grinned, going back to singing her song.

***

Sunday morning Immy woke up feeling drowsy from all the excitement of the Mariners winning their game against the Royals. It had been a really fun day out with her Dad, but the raucous and the ding of the stadium had caused Imogen to come home with a slight headache, but she didn't let that stop her or damper her spirits. Instead she took paracetamol and went to bed early, thankfully waking up without a headache. Instead of climbing out of bed after her alarm went off, Imogen lay in bed for ten minutes just cuddling both Patch and Shadow who curled up on either side of her purring away happily. She was just about to join them in Morpheus's arms when there was a knock on her bedroom door and her Dad popped his head round the door.

"Come on Sunshine up you get. You don't want to still be in bed when Rosalie gets here, do you?" Charlie asked rhetorically. "I've set your injection out on the side behind the sharps bin so they can't get it, they've been fed and their water fountain topped up. Jump in the shower and I'll boil the kettle while you're doing your injection." He added.
"Morning Dad and thank you." Imogen said through a large yawn, stretching she picked up a grumbling Shadow who didn't want to be moved but Imogen couldn't get out of bed otherwise. "Sorry Shadow." After she had greeted Smudge, Shadow and Patch good morning and kissed their heads (kissing Smudge's photo) and told Smudge she missed him, Imogen headed for a nice long soak in the shower hoping it would wake her up.

***

An hour and a half later, Imogen was finally ready and was just putting her purse and phone into her bag when Rosalie pulled up and her Dad called up to her.
"Coming Dad!" Imogen called as she raced downstairs, pressing a kiss to his cheek and kissed the kittens goodbye she ran out the door, grabbing her coat and slipping it on as she went.
"You look gorgeous Rosie." Imogen complemented, sliding into the red BMW convertible. Rosalie was wearing dark grey washed out jeans, a black zip up crop top, a matching denim jacket over the top, beige heeled boots, her hair was up in a braided ponytail, she had on dark red lipstick and the black Smokey eyeshadow made her aureate eyes gleam brighter.

"Thank you, Immy. You look absolutely gorgeous yourself." Rosalie smiled, hugging the younger blonde. Imogen wore a black turtleneck sweater, a brown and cream chequered skirt, skin tone tights, black heeled ankle boots, her hair was in a triple side plait. Adorning her eyes were silver and white eyeshadow mix which caused her bright blue eyes to seem lighter, and red lipstick completed the look.
"Thank you Rosie." Imogen replied shyly, her cheeks now a rosy colour.
"Ready for our girls day?" Rosalie asked, looking behind her as she backed out of the Swan's driveway, turned around and headed for Port Angeles.
"Of course." Imogen grinned excited, she couldn't wait to bond closer with Rosalie. She loved having an older sister who actually cared about her.

The two girls ended up having a rather productive day and didn't want to think about how much they actually brought - or rather what Rosalie brought - as she had well and truly spoiled Imogen on this little shopping trip as the boot and back seats of the car were full of their shopping bags. But not only that they got matching nails just in different colours; Rosalie had hers done in black with a turquoise heart on her ring fingers, while Imogen had hers done in the opposite colours with them painted in turquoise and black hearts on the ring fingers. But after several hours of shopping and the day of excitement yesterday, Imogen was shattered so once they'd had lunch Rosalie drove her home, having to wake Imogen up once they'd arrived as she'd fallen asleep on the hour journey home.

"Sorry." Imogen muttered, her cheeks scarlet red.
"Don't apologise, Immy. You've had an exciting few days, it's bound to catch up with you. Just get some rest, have a nap or something for a while." Rosalie suggested.
"I think I will. I had a great time with you today, Rosie." Imogen added with a content smile.
"I did too." Rosalie agreed, a content smile across her own lips. "Next time we'll bring Emmett and Jasper so they can carry our bags." She added a wicked smirk across her lips which made them both dissolve into giggles as they could just imagine their reactions to that, especially Emmett.

"Oh, I'm sure they'll absolutely love that." Imogen added dryly, before they both laughed again. "Thanks Rosie I'll see you tomorrow." Imogen grabbed her multitude of bags and exit the car waving goodbye to her friend. Entering the house, staggering under the weight of her many, many purchases, Imogen carefully made her way up the stairs, her feet throbbing with each step. After checking that Patch and Shadow still had food which they did, so she acted quickly; she put all of her purchases away in their correct and designated space in her drawers and wardrobe, took off her makeup, undid her hair saying goodnight to Smudge, Patch and Shadow, and changed into her pjs before collapsing onto her bed, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

***

A groan left Imogen's lips as her alarm went off at 6:30 in the morning signalling it was now Monday morning which meant school. It was as she was stretching that several things made themselves known to her. The first; she had slept right through dinner if the ferocity of her growling stomach was anything to go by. The second and final one which brought a bright smile upon her face was; that she realised that she had genuine people that loved and cherished her. It was then that she realised that Bella and Renee no longer held any power over her and that their words would no longer hurt her.

Incredibly happy at this epiphany, Imogen climbed out of bed doing her morning routine of saying good morning and 'I love you' (to all three) and 'I miss you' (to Smudge), before getting dressed in one of her new outfits and hurrying downstairs to the kitchen.
"Dad! Dad! Dad!" Imogen called, running down the stairs.
"Sunshine? What's the matter? And don't run down the stairs you'll fall!" Charlie chastised his daughter, popping his head out of the kitchen. With a large smile Imogen proceeded to tell her Father everything that she's just realised with her epiphany.
"That is wonderful news, Sunshine!" Charlie cried, pulling his youngest into his arms for a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered, kissing the top of her head.

Saturday outfit:

Sunday outfit:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 8.6K 24
Aurora Giselle Swan. The adopted daughter of Charlie Swan. She is young, bubbly, oh and the mate of Jasper Hale. When she meets the Cullen family, sh...
520K 12.1K 23
"It all started with a look." Dorothea Summers or "Thea", lost a lot in her short life. After a rather recent tragedy left her deeply hurt, she does...
217K 5.8K 67
Janetta Swan is Bella's older sister. She has lived in Forks all her life. Janetta has a secret: she is a supernatural being. She has been able to ge...
945K 28.8K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...