Jasper's Sunshine

By Kili-Loverxx

Imogen Sierra Swan has always loved her Dad and had quickly become the sunshine in his life. But when the Cul... More

Cast
Mood boards
Act One: Pre-Twilight
Prologue
Chapter One, Unexpected Surprises
Chapter Two, New Beginnings
Chapter Three, Practice, Practice, Practice
Trailer
Chapter Five, Imogen's Birthday Surprise
Chapter Six, Epiphany 
Chapter Seven, Samhain and Ring Creation
Chapter Eight, Yule and Surfing
Chapter Nine, Holidaying in Santorini
Act Two
Chapter Ten, First and Second Year Anniversaries

Chapter Four, Swan Lake

4.3K 133 41
By Kili-Loverxx

Above is Javon Walton as Jackson Reed, Imogen's co-lead.

Chapter Four, Swan Lake

Instead of being a ball of sunshine as she was usually dubbed, Imogen Swan was an anxious ball of nervous energy. The day of her performance of Swan Lake had finally arrived. Knowing how anxious their best friend was; Ella, Storm, Alice, Rosalie and Leah had a sleepover the night before in the hopes of calming her nerves.
"Immy, calm down, you'll do amazing. I know it. Plus, we're all looking forward to it, even Emmett." Rosalie informed her friend soothingly.
"Really?" Imogen asked, surprised as she knew that ballet shows weren't exactly Emmett's cup of tea.
"Of course!" Storm exclaimed excitedly. "But especially Jasper." She added slyly, smirking victoriously while sharing a knowing smirk with the other girls when a blush appeared on Imogen's cheeks.

"Oh shut up!" Imogen cried, throwing pillows at the girls who burst out laughing, Imogen following along with them. "Ell, you and Leah have no room to talk." Imogen teased her long-time best friends who had finally gotten together after Ella had confronted Leah with the truth Imogen had brought her, which in turn gave Leah the courage to ask Ella out with a kiss. The other girls giggled as Ella's and Leah's sun-kissed cheeks turned bright red as they threw cushions at their best friend. Suddenly a knock at the door interrupted their teasing giggle fest, the group turning towards the door as Imogen's father, Charlie, popped his head around the door hiding something behind his back.

"Hi girls. How're you getting on?" Charlie asked.
"We're good daddy." Imogen beamed at her father, feeling much more relaxed than she did earlier. "Are you okay? Daddy could I do a Wiccan course please? It's just about Mother Nature and such." She asked, concerned as he was acting rather strange.
"Good. I'm glad you're all having a good time but don't stay up too late tonight as you need your sleep for tomorrow, Sunshine." Charlie stated firmly, getting nods of agreement from the other girls. "I'll look into it and let you know, Princess." Charlie said gently, kissing her forehead. "I've booked an appointment with Carlisle for Wednesday afternoon, so you'll leave early at lunch time. I'll pick you up and let the school know Monday.

Also, I got you these as a present for doing so well but also because I know how much you miss Smudge, sweetheart. They're not replacements." Charlie hurriedly added as Imogen's eyes filled with tears as she looked at the photos of her precious Smudge stuck to the wall. He was a black and white Siamese crossed with a Maine Coon. Charlie had gotten him when she was young to help her and she had cared for him and raised him from a young girl since he was a kitten. But one morning, the year before, they had woken up and he'd lost feeling in both his back legs due to a blood clot despite there being no signs an hour or even a day previously.

Apparently, according to the vet, it just happens in elderly cats and they have no clue as to why. But Imogen had loved him with every fibre of her being and missed him greatly; his ashes were buried in the back garden beneath a plaque with his name, a quote (cats leave paw prints on your heart), a picture and date of birth and death on it. Every birthday, Christmas and anniversary Imogen would put flowers beside it, and every time she would go into the garden, go to bed and wake up she would tell him how much she loved and missed him.
"I know Daddy." Imogen whispered sadly, giving him a small smile as two small meows were heard from his arms behind his back.

"What will you name them?" Charlie asked, smiling when Imogen smiled and came over to stroke them despite the pain he knew was still gripping tightly to her heart. "The ginger Main Coon/Persian is the boy. And the black Bombay is the girl."
"I think I'll name them Patch and Shadow." Imogen stated, smiling at the two loud purrs she got as she stroked their heads.
"Patch sounds like a lawnmower." Leah laughed, coming over with the others to see the new kittens.
"He does, doesn't he." Charlie laughed.

"But Shadow has the louder meow, Patch reminds me of Simba when he's trying to roar." Ella laughed, stroking Shadow's head as Imogen took them both into her arms.
"Thank you Daddy." Imogen beamed at her father.
"You're welcome princess." Charlie said happily, kissing her forehead. "All their things are downstairs." He added, stroking the pair before he left the girls to it as they crowded around Imogen to stroke and play with the new kittens as they rolled over the sleeping bags strewn across the floor.

***

The next morning while Imogen was in the dressing room getting changed with the other girls; those who had booked tickets had started to arrive.
"Ahh, made it then." Charlie greeted his friends from the Rez who had also brought their children along and the Cullens.
"You know us chief, we wouldn't miss Immy's performance for the world." Billy told him, jokingly ramming into him causing the tribe to roll their eyes at the pair. While Ella introduced her parents, Suzanne and Ricardo, to Leah and her parents, Sue and Harry, and to the rest of her friends, including the Cullens.
"Neither would we." Jasper added, drawing attention to him and a glare from Charlie.
"You hurt my little girl and there will be serious consequences." Charlie said threateningly, sending Jasper a warning glare.

"I'd never hurt her." Jasper swore.
"See that you don't." Paul grumbled. Before more could be said, Miss Antoinette drew everyone's attention.
"If you'd all like to find your seats the show is about to start, also please no cameras as we are filming this production for you and will post your children the films. Just enjoy the show." She announced loudly so everyone could hear her, before opening the doors to the auditorium. Thankfully all of Imogen's loved ones were the first to get tickets so they could get seats together at the front, taking up the two rows on either side of the aisle. Once everyone was seated, their programs detailing the actors and characters sat in their laps, the lights dimmed and the soft music started to play, the curtains drawing back revealing Imogen standing in the middle of the stage dressed all in white with her head bowed.

Those in the first and second rows, sat forward on the edge of their seats as the music picked up and Imogen started to dance beautifully; she was almost gliding across the stage as she was joined by someone else, he was around Imogen's age but with dark cropped hair and dark eyes, the program stated this was Jackson Reed, the co-lead who played Prince Siegfried, Odette's lover. Whereas, Imogen played Odette the Swan Princess: the White Swan maiden, and the heroine of the story. As the evening progressed Charlie had tears in his eyes as he watched his daughter dance so beautifully and so gracefully as he sniffled.
"Thank you." Charlie whispered, accepting the tissue Esme passed him.

Finally the ending was drawing near as Odette chooses to die rather than remain a swan forever. Siegfried chooses to die with her and they both leap into the lake; where they will stay together forever, but their death also frees the other swan maidens from the villains, Rothbart's spell. Which brings forth the ending where Imogen and Jackson are laying on the ground, dead, as the music ends and the curtains close. For a passing second of silence the curtains open once again revealing all of the dancers and actors on stage holding hands as the auditorium erupts into deafening cheers as they give them a standing ovation as the actors take their bows.

A smile stretched across Imogen's face, panting as she caught her breath; she spotted her friends and family in the front two rows, including Jasper, who along with her father, Ella, Paul, Leah and Emmett gave the loudest cheers possible that it could bring down the roof. A blush spread across her cheeks when she noticed the bouquet of flowers Suzanne, Uncle Billy, her Dad and Jasper were holding as they cheered for the girl who brought Sunshine to all their lives.

This is Smudge (he was my handsome Siamese x Main Coon)

This is Patch (ginger Main Coon/Persian cat) and Shadow (black Bombay cat) (who are actually my kittens).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 1.6K 12
Summary: After the Battle of the Newborns, Bella reveals she's getting married to Edward. After the wedding, Alexia's life has been nothing but up. S...
196K 2.8K 34
Belle Swan is the older sister of Bella Swan. Bella Swan thinks she is the center of attention and thinks that she can have whoever she wants, what e...
21.6K 651 8
Part three, previous parts ---> PAIN | Jasper Hale [1], LONELINESS | Jasper Hale [2] "Regret won't fix this." After parting ways with her lover Jaspe...
284K 6.8K 24
Camilla Ivy Potter was sick of people targeting her ever since her third year when Remus bit her during the whole Pettigrew scene. So, after the war...