The boy who failed to die.

By Alex-mae00

Harry James potter brother of the famous Marcus Charlus potter (the boy who lived) and oldest son of lily and... More

Important
Prologue
Year 1 Chapter 1
Year 1 chapter 2
Year 1 Chapter 3
Year 1 chapter 4
Year 1 Chapter 6
Year 1 Chapter 7
Year 1 chapter 8
Year 1 chapter 9
Year1 Chapter 10
Year 1 chapter 11
Year 1 chapter 12
Year 1 chapter 13

Year 1 Chapter 5

6.4K 245 43
By Alex-mae00

Waking up to the green and silver linings of the slim curtains in the Slytherin dorms is something I never imagined would happen. I take in the smell of lavender and peppermint that is gathered in the air and sigh.

This is better than I could of ever imagined. I close my eyes but open them a moment later when I feel my bed dip. Draco is standing above my bed with a smile on his face. I groan, it's too early in the morning to be staring at his face.

"What do you want Draco?" His blonde hair isn't yet gelled back and slightly covers his Grey eyes.

I stretch and sit up, knowing I won't get back to sleep now anyway. Damn you Draco, just let a boy sleep.

"It's 7:30, breakfast has already started, you coming down?" Hmm breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and some tea, sounds yummy.

Deal.

"Fine, only because I'm hungry," I tell him my tone annoyed. I close my eyes and imagine my school robes and sure enough they appear, only now it has the crest of Slytherin on it it.

I get up and head into the bathroom, I brush my teeth and splash my face with some water to wake me up. I head out of the luxury bathroom and I into the equally luxury dorms.

Potions

The potions classroom is in the heart of the dungeons. Cold and full of cobwebs as well as black and echoing really makes some people think it's the scariest class.

I sit next to my blonde friend and he is on my right. Behind me is Blaise Zabini and Millicent Bullstrode and beside me you have my useless brother and his blood traitor friend.

We are sat at the front of the class so when professor Snape dramatically enters the room he comes and stands right in front of me.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making," his voice is but a whisper yet everyone around the room could hear him as though he was shouting.

"As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death, if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.

The class remains silent even after he's finished talking, he seems to have that rare gift of being able to silence a room with his mere presence.

"Potter, our beloved celebrity tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" His voice strikes like a snake in the dark. Charles looks between me and Professor Snape but I have no doubt it's Charles he was speaking to.

"I don't know sir," he finally answers barely containing the hideous sneer.

Snape also sneers and the class flinches from the obvious disdain.

Professor Snape has greasy brown hair that reaches his shoulders, his robe billows out a bit like what Dudley used to watch in vampire films.

His dark brown eyes hold no life, like an endless pit of misery and hate. His eyes snap to mine and I raise an eyebrow to him.

"We'll then, let's try again Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me the bezoar?"

He ignores the mudbloods hand and the fact that she's halfway off her seat in desperation. How pathetic. It's obvious that he's never opened a potions book in his life. His fiery red hair is messy and dirty, his skin is blotched and red from embarrassment or anger or both.

Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and a few other Slytherins are shaking with laughter over his ignorance in potions and I feel a smirk slither onto my face.

"I don't know, sir," his answer the same as before. He looks to me and I raise an eyebrow the smirk still set onto my face. His hazel eyes are glinting with hate, anger and contempt.

"Didn't think of opening a book before class huh Potter?"

The mudbloods hand at this point was quivering and she may as well of been staining on her table. How truly inelegant and pathetic must you be.

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I. Don't. Know. But I think Hermione does so why don't you try her?"

Some of the Gryffindors laugh but we just shake our heads in disgust at the obvious display of disrespect.

"Tut, Tut, clearly fame isn't everything is it mr Potter? Sit down you foolish girl, you look ridiculous,"

"What about you, Potter? Are you as foolish and as incompetent as your Brother?" I take the challenge with a Stone faced smirk and answer confidence lacing my every word.

"Asphodel and wormwood when infused make a powerful sleeping potion more formally known as the fraught of the living death. To find a bezoar I would look in a supply closet however if there is none there then I would find it in the stomach of a goat and the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane is nothing they're the same plant which also go by the other name if aconite,"

Pleased and cocky Snape looks upon the class of green with smug glint that fades into a hating glare when they reach the side of red and gold.

"We'll, why aren't you all copying this down? 30 points from Gryffindor for not thinking of opening a book before entering my classroom. 15 points from Gryffindor will also be deducted for the mere cheek and ignorance shown. 50 points to Slytherin for not being an incompetent idiot or a foolish, whining know it all."

I smirk along with Draco and a few others as the other side of the room groans in frustration and displeasure.

This is going to be fun. I can already tell.

I enter the great hall, my wand in my left pocket and I sit next to Theo ignoring the whispers and stares, although We've only been here little over two weeks I'm quite already used to all the annoying attention the rest of the population has decided I deserve.

"Hey mate i think you should see this,"

Confused I raise an eyebrow and he passes me the latest daily prophet reports.

Boy who lived has a brother?

It was recently discovered that our saviour has a brother.

On the first of September it was reported that a handsome young boy had entered the station at kings cross. He radiated power and confidence.

Inside intel gathered that our young saviour had looked forward to meeting the mysterious boy and tried to sit with him on the train only for his to threaten him and use the forbidden word thrown towards his muggle born friend.

It seems as though our saviours brother was sent to kind and loving muggles so he could grow up away from the dangers and risks that come with being the boy who lived brother.

With death eaters on the look out for revenge and the amount of recognition from the public they didn't want him to be subjected to it all.

We even have a speech from Dumbledore.

"Our dear boy Marcus was told of his brother a while before Hogwarts and when he learned he had an older brother he was so excited to get to know him. Alas it just seems he's taken the wrong path from an early age," He gave a disappointed smile and sigh and continued,

"When Harry arrived at Hogwarts and was sorted he was sorted Into Slytherin when he was asked if he wanted to resort to be with his brother he so bitterly replied that he wanted nothing to do with them and they wasn't his family,

I believe that dear Harry is bitter and upset about the attention our saviour is shown and is acting out so he can also have the same attention, hopefully he will soon see the light and accept that his brother is a very big part of our world and will get too know his family as they so desperately want.

I promise though I will do my very best to help him see the wrong in his actions and how much it's affecting those around him,"

We also have an interview statement from James Potter.

"Ever since we had to give him away it has been very tough and hard on us. Merlin it was one of the hardest days of our lives but we knew in the end it was best for our dear Harry.

Ever since Marcus found out he has been so anxious and excited to meet his Brother as a sibling is all he's ever wanted so when Harry treated him so harshly it broke his heart.

Lily as well ever since we had to protect our baby boy we have been counting down the days for his return to us and for him to treat us so coldly I just want my Harry back."

He says nearly in tears our poor saviour after all he's been through all he ever wanted was a brother, his brother to live him but over ridden and blinded by his jealousy put a dent in their relationship.

All of our trust is in Dumbledore. Let's hope he sees light soon.

I him and raise an eyebrow as I read through the papers. How peculiar I remember things to of been a tad different from the explanation of James and Dumbledore. It seems some wires are crossed. Maybe they'll loose their way and get them wires stuck tightly around their necks.

One can only hope. Or maybe I can sneak in and do it in their sleep. Perhaps even shave off his beard.

I look up my eyes shining with the power that so desperately wants release.

I look into Dracos eyes and see his filled with rage as well.

"Huh they say kind muggles? They say loving muggles? they say I'm jealous of him? How peculiar I would have to disagree with them," My voice grows lower but still controlled with each word and my magic grows darker until it's pulsating off of me in waves.

I take a deep breathe and look at the rest of the Slytherin are either looking at me in sympathy and rage or glaring at the Gryffindor and head tables.

Marcus looks fucking smug and the headmaster looks just as bad under his grandfather facade.

I glare at lily and James with pure hate. The look I get back from the former is a raised eyebrow and from the latter I get a smirk and another raised brow.

I look at Professor Quirrel and see him staring distastefully at the old fool and I swear I see his eyes glow red. This can't be a coincidence surely.

Then it clicks I take out a book that I keep in my bottomless bag.

'Throughout the years many things have happened and many phenomena's have happened...

However the only person ever recorded to have red eyes is he who must not be named. The reason for this is not yet known but some say that the evil he's done over time has cursed him forever to bare the mark of red eyes and cold, pale skin.

Maybe it hasn't been updated in while but now I think about it my scar really hurt when I first saw him and even now it stings when he gets too close but how would that even be possible wouldn't people recognise him and his powers were destroyed from what I've heard from people who aren't so set in him being dead.

I'll have too look into it but for now I have to think on what to do about Dumbledore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 466 22
Cassiopeia has exciting news to share with her self-appointed brother, Harry Potter. She's been accepted into Hogwarts, School for Witchcraft and Wiz...
481K 26K 89
Tom, as much as he hates to admit it, wants to fit in the wizarding world. Make a name. Probably kill Dumbledore. (And wants a family *it's a secret*...
1M 31.5K 50
Harry Potter. The Boy-Who-Lived, Hero of the Wizarding World, Master of Death. He was loyal to his friends. He would even sacrifice his life to save...
194 24 24
Lilla Lovegood has recently transferred to Hogwarts with her brother from Beauxbatons after their parents' deaths. She isn't a typical Lovegood thou...