Will Always Be There

By TheSapphireStar

(Name) and her little sibling Dororo have been living on scraps and stolen goods for as far back as she remem... More

Reasons
Ch. I
Ch. II
Ch. IV
Ch. V
Ch. VI
Ch. VII
Ch. VIII
Ch. IX

Ch. III

482 12 1
By TheSapphireStar

The rain was pouring hard. They had to stop and take shelter and try to wait it out. Well, Dororo and (name) did anyway. Hyakkimaru ended up standing out in the rain. They only hoped that he wouldn't get sick from it later on.

"Stop staring, you'll creep her out" (name) whispered. She was sitting under the roof of a shrine with her hands on her cheeks, her elbows resting on her knees. Staring at Hyakkimaru.

Dororo, who had been sitting next to her, was staring at a woman who had stopped by to pray. "You're one to talk, you're staring at him" Dororo whispered back.

"Um, you there" the woman called

They both glanced at the girl and noticed that she called out to their companion in the rain.

"Give it up" Dororo stopped her, "he can't hear a word you're saying. He's deaf"

"He's been standing there for half an hour now" (name) said, still not taking her eyes off him

"He's as wet as a drowned rat. He can catch a cold for all I care" Dororo said

"The rain" the lady said, "I think he's listening to the rain"

"Huh? I told you, he can't hear" Dororo said

"I just have a feeling"

(Name) glanced at the girl then turned her gaze back at Hyakkimaru, 'she's wrong' she thought, 'she obviously doesn't know this, but he recently got his sense of feeling back. Which means he's feeling the rain hit his skin for the first time ever. It must feel strange to him'

"You're from a rich family, aren't ya?" Dororo asked making the girl look at him, "pretty words with a lady-like face, you're not some country girl. I'm right aren't I?" He laughed

"Well...The past is the past. I'm just another peddler now" she answered

"Hmm, whatever" (y/n) looked over at the two, "hey, what were you praying so hard about just now?Good business?"

The girl returned to her praying position as she said, "I was praying that my brother would come home soon"

"Where'd he go?"

"To fight a war. It's been 5 years now"

"5 years? If it's been that long, he's probably-"

"Shh!" (Y/n) shushed them when she heard someone gasping and groaning. They looked over to see a man struggling to walk before he fell forward.

Dororo and (y/n) ran to see what had happened. When the (h/c) saw the blood she stopped Dororo but he managed to see the giant slash on the man's back.

"Oh no" (y/n) muttered

"Where are you going?!" Dororo yelled. The girl turned to see Hyakkimaru ran off into the trees.

"Let's go! he'll be slow if he gets hurt now" (y/n) said as she pulled Dororo along, ignoring the call of the girl from the shrine.

"Look he stopped" Dororo said as they saw him in front of them, "why'd you run off?"

"Dororo..." (y/n) whispered

The boy looked up at his sister and saw that her eyes were wide with horror. He looked ahead and gasped. In front of them, laid many bodies. All covered in blood.

"What is this?" Dororo gasped backing away, "how could anyone do such a thing?"

(Y/n) then heard a thump next to her and then someone jumped from behind a tree, sword ready to swing. Luckily, Hyakkimaru blocked it. (Y/n) and Dororo jumped back.

"Where'd you come from?!" Dororo called

"Did you do this?!" (Y/n) yelled glaring at the man, "why the hell did you do this!?"

"This sword was thirsty for blood. And so I killed them"

"A thirsty sword? Give me a break!" Dororo yelled

"This is no ordinary sword. It's alive, a cursed sword that drinks human blood. Once you have it in your hands, it controls your body to kill anyone alive."

"So you're blaming that sword for all this?" Dororo asked

"Then what about that?" (Y/n) glared pointing at the man, "that disgusting smirk on your face!"

The man took one look at Hyakkimaru and lunged at him but he jumped back, blocking his attacks.

"You're like me" the man said, "there is a demon in that blade. But it's not as quick as mine!"

The man swung and Hyakkimaru dodged. But the man flipped his sword and scratched Hyakkimaru's cheek. Hyakkimaru was backed against the edge of a cliff. The man smirked and lunged at him. Thinking fast, Hyakkimaru lifted his leg to block and trap his sword. But before he could do anything, the man let himself fall back off the cliff.

"Hyakkimaru!" (Y/n) and Dororo called as they ran up to him

"Did you get him?" Dororo asked as he gave him his arm and walked over to the edge, "he fell from here? I guess he's...hey" Dororo looked back at them, "oh, your leg. I'll go"

"Hang on" (y/n) called as she grabbed him by the back and pulled him back to the young man, "you stay with him, I'll go get it. I don't want you out there alone" she said as she walked off

"Huh? I can take care of myself!" He yelled, but his older sister was already out of sight. "Man, she acts big and tough but she's just as defenseless as me" he muttered then look at Hyakkimaru. He looked out of it. He then brought up his hand to touch where the man had slashed at him. "Still feels weird to you, huh?" Dororo chuckled

"Where could it be?" (Y/n) wondered as she walked around. Just as she took a couple more steps, she saw it. "Oh, there it is...and that sword too" she said "a thirsty sword? What a load" she said as she walked over to it, "whatever, not like we need it. I'll just leave it or better yet bury it" she said as she grabbed it, "then someone won't just-" (y/n) gasped when she saw the lettering glow purple.

~~~~~~~~

"Where could she be?" Dororo wondered as he and Hyakkimaru walked around, "there no way your leg landed too far"

Hyakkimaru stopped, gaining the little boy's attention. He looked down and saw Hyakkimaru's leg. "Oh there it is!" He said as he ran up to it and brought it to Hyakkimaru, "but wait, then where is (y/n)?" Dororo looked around, "one-san!" He called but no surprise there was no reply. He looked at Hyakkimaru, "can you find her?" He asked, knowing that Hyakkimaru can't hear or answer, "please!"

Hyakkimaru only looked at him for a second before he looked up and stared out into the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) walked through the forest, struggling to gain control of her body. Somehow, the sword had hypnotized her into grabbing it. And now, she didn't have control of herself.

"Damn it! I don't wanna go that way!" She grumbled, "I need to get back to Dororo and Hyakkimaru" but her body wasn't listening, it kept moving forward. "Let go of me already!" She couldn't even twitch her fingers. This sword has a good grip on her body. "Stupid sword" she struggled as she tried to turn back

"Whatcha doing there, girl?" A voice was heard, "head back to town. There's danger in these woods.

Blood (Y/n) gasped when she heard a voice echo in her head. I want blood

"No..." she whimpered, "get away!" She yelled. But it was too late. She had turned and slashed the man's clothes. Luckily she had tipped back a bit. "G-get away from me" she whimpered

"It's the phantom killer!" They yelled as they ran away

"S-stop it! I won't take you..."

More blood. I need more. (Y/n) gasped when she felt her body loose control again. You could do more. Yet you hold back. Help me get more blood

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you see her?" Dororo called out
Hyakkimaru was on top of a tree looking to the distance. He could see a figure holding something red moving. Moving towards a big group a people. A town perhaps. Which was obviously bad. Hyakkimaru jumped down and started heading in the direction of the town.

"You found her? Is she over there?" Dororo asked as he followed the man. 'I hope you're okay sis'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's here! The phantom killer!"

(Y/n) walked slowly through the town. She was glad that everyone was inside, it looked like the sword only wanted to kill whoever was outside at the moment. It didn't make her go inside the houses. For now, it looked like everyone was safe inside.

More blood. I need more. That's all it repeated. Over and over.

'Just shut up already' (y/n) thought angrily. Then, the sword stopped. (Y/n) looked up and was relieved to see their traveling companion. "Hyakkimaru!" She smiled

"You found her!"

"Dororo!"

Just then, Hyakkimaru unsheathed his blade and pointed it at her. His blank eyes not leaving her, or more like, not leaving the sword in her hands.

"Wait a second" (y/n) said shakily

"That's my one-san! Hyakkimaru!" Dororo yelled

"No, he can't see me" (y/n) whispered 'if only he could hear' (Y/n) gasped when she saw his blade swing and ducked right on time.

"Dummy! Stop! That's (y/n)!" Dororo yelled as he got between the two

"No, Dororo!" (Y/n) cried as she swung her leg making him fall, missing the blade as well. (Y/n) grunted as she moved around Hyakkimaru, "don't get in the way, Dororo! You'll get hurt!" She yelled as she ran. Hyakkimaru appeared next her and swung his blade. (Y/n) jumped forward and landed on her feet. She quickly turned to face him. (Y/n) growled, "please stop!" She called, knowing he couldn't hear. She gasped when he swung his sword and brought hers forward to stop him. She did it again, moving back slightly. Hyakkimaru swung again and (y/n) closed her eyes seeing as she wasn't gonna be able to block this time.

A clang was heard and she opened her eyes in shock. That's when she noticed she wasn't holding the sword anymore. She looked back and saw it stuck to the ground behind her, the words no longer glowing.

"One-san!" Dororo called as he ran to them.

(Y/n) looked at their companion, relief in her eyes "Hyakkimaru you could recognize me" she said tiredly and walked over to him, "thank you, Hyakkimaru..." before she could say anymore, she had fainted in his arms

"Hyakkimaru! One-san, is she okay?" Dororo asked as Hyakkimaru knelt down to place her on the ground. They didn't notice someone then grabbed the sword.

"Watch out!" Dororo called grabbing his cloak to alert him.

Hyakkimaru saw a tall figure holding the red sword in front of them. He nudged (y/n) over to Dororo, signaling him to move her and himself away from the fight. Dororo nodded and tried to move his sister to the side.

"This sword is mine" the man said "mine and mine alone" Hyakkimaru readied himself, "why did you let me live? You should have killed me, before I got Nihiru back in my hands" with that said, the man lunged at Hyakkimaru only for him to dodge and block each of his attacks.

"Amazing, he's blocking each of his attacks" Dororo whispered when he saw Hyakkimaru block the man's attack and dodge the next by moving behind him. (Y/n) grunted as she opened her eyes

"Please wait!" They heard someone yell. (Y/n) moved to sit up right just in time to see the girl from the shrine run up to them. "Please don't kill my brother!"

Hyakkimaru moved to block the man's attack with his prosthetic arm, used it to unsheathe his sword and used both to slash at the man.

The girl shook her head, "brother..."

(Y/n) looked from the girl to the man and noticed that the sword now looked rusted and it was broken in half. "Dororo...his arms" she said as she stood up

"Oh right!" Dororo grabbed Hyakkimaru's arms and helped him sheath his blades

(Y/n) came up next to them as she looked at the siblings. "Poor girl..." she muttered

Hyakkimaru then brought his hands up to his head and started trembling. "What is it?" Dororo asked

"Are you gaining another sense?" (Y/n) asked when Hyakkimaru started shaking his head. They then noticed something drop to the ground. They looked down to see...

"Ears?" They whispered and looked at each other then back at the man. They gasped when they saw a look of pain on his face.

"Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked, not gaining an answer but he turned to look at her, almost in surprise The siblings sighed

"It must be weird to him" Dororo said and then noticed his sister place a finger to her lips.

"Not just weird" (y/n) said very lightly, "overwhelming. He's never heard anything in his life remember"

They then turned to look at the girl from the shrine who was weeping over the body of her brother. Dororo was about to walk over when (y/n) stopped him. He looked to his big sister who shook her head.

"I don't think we can say anything to make her feel better right now" she said sadly then looked to Hyakkimaru, "especially when we're the reason her brother is dead"

Dororo looked at the girl then sighed, "I guess you're right" he then turned around "let's get going, both of you need some rest right now"

"Yeah"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 249 30
Hyakkimaru Daigo, the son of Jukai and Nui Daigo the most richest of the Japanese' clan he's still not felt any feeling or emotion since he's girlfri...
292K 13.5K 60
Haruka joins Inarizaki after she moves to Hyogo from Tokyo with her mother, halfway through her first year. She is a weird girl who hides behind her...
1.2M 37.1K 38
The mist pillar,Muichiro Tokito have a sister.Tokito Y/N,the tsuguko of Muichiro. A certain mission that make her teleport into future.What will happ...
217K 6.4K 56
"From enemies to lovers." Y/n. She was born for someone, her bestfriend's older brother... who had a huge hatred towards her and her bestfriend itado...